Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2024

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

February 2024 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 6:42 pm

50° and blue sky is a welcome change.
A friend found a recipe for blueberry cookies. So, I decided to try it out. Not bad if I do say so myself. Next time, I'll freeze the blueberries before mixing them in to bake the cookies. They got a bit soft and it's a little hard to eat them without having blue fingers. Didn't stop me from eating them though.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:54 am

Good morning. Yes we are still alive here in PA. Been spending a lot of time running between hospitals and doctor visits. What a mess. Spent 8 hours in the ER on Monday. Found out the lumps on his leg are lymph nodes not blood clots & the pain in his right chest was muscular not a heart issue so it was worth the time spent. The ER was packed with people, luckily when you say "I just had by pass surgery & I think I have a blood clot" you go right to a room and the doctors rush in.

Stac has gone back to staying at his house. It was too quiet and boring here with us old people. LOL He does come here every other day to shower since his well has yucky stuff in it and he has to be careful because of the wound on his chest. He is up and getting around and wants to be healed so he can do something other than sitting around. Wait until he gets old...he'll be happy to get to sit around...

Our weather has been the pitts. snow after snow and COLD. Next week is supposed to warm up. I did get to walk outside yesterday it was 40 degrees.

ARK: I have Corelle plates too from 1987. They last forever...we still use them too..I think it's the Rose pattern.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 6:09 pm

My corelle dishes are from 1987 too. It's amazing the company stays in business. No need for repeat customers. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 6:23 pm

We got our Corelle ware dishes as a wedding present in 1974.  They are the butterfly gold design that was apparently sold from 1970 until 2002.  I remember they used to say the dishes were unbreakable and show someone throwing a cup against a wall.   Must have been a rubber room, ROFL .   Dropping them on tile or bricks definitely will break them.  Very Happy  They have been good dishes.   Kinda makes one feel old when their dishes are now antiques.... Rolling Eyes

February 2024 - Page 2 Butter10

Pretty day today!  I pumped up my exercise ball and rolled it down to the barn.  Horses were certain death had arrived.  It took a few minutes of rolling it around the arena, but they stopped paying much attention to it then.  It came to rest underneath Daisy, who just stood there.  I bought a very lightweight broom to swat the ball around from Ivan's back.  I'll let you know how that goes.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 10:26 am

Trudy, I'm glad Stacy is doing better.  Smile

Ark, look on Ebay for your dinner plate.  There are lots of them listed.  I typed in "Corelle Butterfly Gold dinner plate" and got some single plates and some in sets.
I think Corelle is made by Corning, which remains a thriving company.

On Tuesday, my snowbird neighbor called and said there was a car stolen, less than half a mile from me.  It turned out to be a handicapped van that left the owner stranded at home without transportation.  (slime ball thief)  I truly hope they find his van.
An hour or so later, I stepped out on the deck to discourage some geese from coming ashore.  (I can't see the lower yard from the living room because of the deck.)  I was very interested to see that I can acquired a neon green kayak.  hmmmm   I went down and took some pictures and noticed a make-shift paddle, made of a broken rake with a pole duct-taped to it.  
I came back to the house and called the Sheriff's department.  They sent a deputy fairly quickly.  He took it seriously and did a proper investigation.  After looking around and finding a hammer that shouldn't have been where it was, he put on gloves and took the rake and hammer to his car.  Then he loaded the kayak in his SUV and left.  
I have no idea if the kayak and the theft of the van were connected or not.

Two hours later update: Snowbird neighbor sent me the picture of a boat that had been stolen. It just so happened that I had noticed a boat tied to a dock a few doors down. After some fiddling around, I was able to send a message to the owner. He has a place across the lake from me. The boat I saw was his, although he had found it himself and locked it to the dock where I saw it. As we messaged, I mentioned the kayak I found on my beach. It is his kayak, as is the broken rake and the hammer.
I hope he'll let me know when he gets the kayak back from the Sheriff.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:34 pm

ELLEN:
 Thanks, I forgot about eBay.   I used to love shopping there, but haven't in years.  

Happy Leap Year Day!!

February 2024 - Page 2 Leap-y10

I used to know a guy who was born on Leap Year day. He would say he was 10 years old when he was 40. I bet he still does that. alien

Cool and windy, but not rainy at least. We had quite a storm yesterday. Temps dropped from 64 down to about 48 before dark.

The donkey/pony farrier came this afternoon and did Trinket and Ivan's feet. Cactus didn't need any work, his feet grow really slow.

Only 8 more days, I think, until the time changes!!! ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 11:28 am

Rain is coming, we are racing to get the barn done before it gets here....

Time to change the calendar. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t153-march-2024#15561
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2024   February 2024 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2024
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-