Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2013

Go down 
+8
silverdancer
sunny 57
cb
Graymare
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TallyPam

March 2013  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Missed CB's birthday. My bad. Happy Birthday Clara!!!!

Had to put Foxy down last Friday. Sad She was my old girl (30) and it was time. Doesn't make it any easier but I know I did the right thing. She had a good 20 years with us and I hope I made her as happy as she made me.

I wish Spring would make it here. Into the low 80s the other day, cold northern wind and 60s today. Rolling Eyes

Back to work. Y'all have a great day.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

TP, making that decision is never an easy one. Big comforting hugs for you.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 pm

yup TP, we make those decisions out of love for them, but nuthin' makes it any easier....so like Ellen, sending you a big hug! hug

Beautiful day today...lots of bright sunshine. Hubby put shoes on his horse Tank....takes him awhile, but he gets it done! and it keeps hubby occupied for several hours....which is all good!

The power guy is coming on Thursday to put our bigger amp box in....probably in the nick of time, as we need to put ac in or try to get the one we already have fixed...its going to be in HIGH 80's over the weekend! I think we skipped spring! bouncy rake

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am

TALLYPAM:
I am so sorry about Roxy. (((((((((Pam))))))))) Thirty years is not enough when you love them.....

CB:
Your dinner sounded better the second time you wrote it! Did you have chocolate on your birthday?

SUNNY:
Thanks for the heads-up on CB's birthday! Did you name your scooter yet?

ELLEN:
Are you over the temp drops from your vacation? It must have been quite a shock.

I had a nice ride on Ivan this afternoon. I do love the time change! Ivan did a good job, he seems to accept his fate in life, at least in the arena.

Snow flurries predicted for tomorrow. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:14 am

ARK .... picture at the top is way toooooo cute!!!!! LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 am

TP, so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had all those years with Foxy as it has to be a
comfort knowing you gave her such a good life. Keep your memories close and re ride the good rides. (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:25 pm

(((((Pam)))))) sorry for your loss ....... always a bummer to lose one of our babies.

Had a GREAT lunch yesterday with Graymare ...... did a lot of dreaming and smiling about the Faith baby coming up ..... Silly girl gave away all her baby things ...... great fun thinking about what might be..... Not to worry .... we talked about you guys too . lololol
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm

DOT just posted sad news re HT:

Kelle just posted this on Facebook:

Kelle Bear Conrad

I have insurmountable sadness in relaying the most recent update about dad. We had him re admitted to the hospital last Saturday when he was having some serious red flags with his vital signs and lethargic behavior. Since then we have discovered a cancerous type mass covering all of one of his kidneys. In addition to his CHF, kidney failure, and other incapacities, at this point recovery and any true "quality" quality of life will fall short of being a miracle. We will be bringing him back home tomorrow under Hospice care, where he will be showered with love and comfort for the remainder of his time with us. Thanks to all of you for your dedicated prayers and support up to this point... and beyond. Further updates will be posted as they happen.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 pm

I see Dot read the news before I did. So sad.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 pm

That is just terrible news. I'm beyond sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:27 am

Crap...I'm not sure i'm up for the loss of another one of the foop family....sometimes you have to wonder why. Am saddened. Truly.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

'm headed out of town for a couple of days......BBL.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Too sad. Don't know what to say. I imagine we're all feeling much the same.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 pm

I have had HT on my mind all day. It is just too sad to think of what he is going through and has gone through during the past couple of years. I wish him a miracle, like the one our friend, UGLY, received years ago when his brain tumor went away.....And if not, I pray for him to have an easy passage....

I found some photos on my computer I thought you might like to see. Just click on the photo's name to enlarge it.

Attachments
March 2013  - Page 3 AttachmentColonelTooter2.jpg
HT during the KC Foopfest in 2004
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(22 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
March 2013  - Page 3 AttachmentHT+and+ARK.jpg
HT and Ark during a mini-Foopfest in VA
(22 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
March 2013  - Page 3 AttachmentJohnConradInVA.jpg
HT in VA
(66 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Thank you for those pictures, Ark. Reminders of good times.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 am

Great pictures ARK. I love the first one. Thank you for posting them.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

well its a good thing the neighbors have all heard hubby cussing and knew it was us cuz we had to break into the camper last evening...took out a window to crawl thru! One of those windy days we had broke our screen door latch off and we got a new one but hubby didn't get it put on right or adjusted right and the screen door hooks to your outside door...they both open together...so when we got home late evening and were rushing to get chores done, and then we couldn't get in! eeeeek! So after he fiddled with the front door, and no luck, he removed one of the windows and used a ladder to crawl in! He had it adjusted correctly now and it shouldnt do THAT anymore! But if it does we at least know we CAN get in! I'll bet the neighbors were all watching too! tongue Rolling Eyes

On a brighter note, we got our amperage updated and I can now run EVERYTHING my lil heart desires! Yessssssss! but am much poorer!

spose to be 90 on Saturday and 80's rest of the week, our coldest night low 50's high 40's for one. I think we have just leaped into our beginning of summer and surpassed spring!

Happy sunshine to all I hope!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I am one Happy Camper. I'm buying me a truck this afternoon. Yippee!! I came across a Ford 3/4 ton at what I hope is a really good deal. This truck is a 1996 extended cab with 153,000 miles on it and absolutely NO RUST. Only thing that would have made it better was if it were a 4 x 4. I took it to my mechanic and he gave it his approval. It already has a new battery, is set up for towing both bumper pull or gooseneck, is super clean inside, the tires are in good shape, just replaced the starter cylinoid(?) and a full tank of gas. Only thing I need to do is change the light hookup or buy an adaptor. I am so excited. I'm leaving work early to pick it up. Oh, and it's a pretty blue color.

Now, I just have to settle in and get some work done here so I can leave early.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Good for you Indy ..... Girls LovE LOVE LOVE their trucks!!!!! I love mine .... like driving it and sitting above some of the traffic and not feeling like the smallest guy on the team!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Indy, you must be sooo excited. Depending on what the hookup is, you can probably get an adapter for less than $5. My current car has the big round plug built in, but my little trailer has the little flat plug. The adapter works perfectly.
I have my Envoy, and it's a good car, but I still miss my vans. Like Carol, I really liked being up over most of the traffic. If I found one with 4WD, I'm sure I could be tempted.
Indy, you know we'll need pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 pm

i DO Love my pickemup truck! Know what you are feeling! My Dodge has a lift kit in it so I am up in the air and can see better. Congrats on your new truck! yippee skippee!

today hubby and I went to a mosaic therapeuctic riding volunteer orientation...we'll be volunteering one day a week, but met some other folks who ride a lot so maybe we'll ride even more now! I think I got a bit sunburned...woohoooooooo it wass 95 today and it was an outside arena!
The horses were all very nice and quiet. We'll be doing an adult class first.

Well, all the critters are fed, fresh cold water and I'm bushed....nite y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 pm

INDYAPP:
Congrats on the new truck! wavy And in my favorite color, too. I wanted a blue truck when we got ours, but Donnie thought I wanted red and picked it out when I wasn't with him. So the truck is red. Then I wanted a blue car when we got our Saturn, but it didn't come with the bells and whistles that Donnie wanted, so it is grey.....sigh....My favorite car we had for 19 years was a blue Blazer. I think the blue color made it run so long. Very Happy

CB:
Congrats on joining the therapeutic riding group! You and Harry will have a great time. ClappingHands
I can't believe the 95 degree weather you are having so early. affraid I hope you don't fry this summer!

It was 70 degrees here Saturday, just absolutely wonderful for most of the day. We worked outside most of it, then ran for a late lunch/early dinner in town. We left the house with sunshine, then dashed back home when thunderstorms came rolling in fast. We got rained on coming home, but none of the storms hit our place, thankfully. We had left the horses in the arena with the nice electricity conducting round pen panels holding their haynets. The storms flew away, the sun came back, and the rest of the afternoon was nice. (Today was rainy and 43 degrees. Rolling Eyes )

Just about the time I was going to ride Ivan Saturday afternoon, I noticed that Areion didn't eat her dinner. Areion is an appetite with legs, so I knew something was wrong. She apparently had a mild colic. She never rolled, but she kicked at her stomach and stood around with her head hanging down looking miserable. Scared us good. After Banamine, Equi-spaz, and walking her around for an hour, she perked back up. She is back to her rowdy self today, eating her head off. She had a normal temp, but low gut sounds during the episode. I called the vet who said to just watch her, I had already done the stuff they would have started with for her. Visions of going thru another Kazimir type demise bounced around in our heads.....I am so thankful she is okay. She's big, but she's still our baby.

RICK is having computer problems. His daughter is working on it and he should be back soon.

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 am

The problem was a 'computer project' I had done with typing/recording 141 of my Mother's poems...Charli needed to take my computer and get the poems transferred to some sort of memory device. From that, she is going to make sore sort of fancy booklet for the family. Computer was returned to me this afternoon. NO trouble with my computer...just don't know much beyond tin cans and string.

I have a day trip 'errand' to run tomorrow in the 18 wheeler. Hope to be home around lunch or shortly thereafter. (A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to avoid actual "work" around here Smile

Hope all is well with Foopville...

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 am

Rick,how is Carol liking her retirement? its kind of nice, but sometimes ya just feel you should be doing SOMETHING! I know that feeling well! Some days its fine, others...not so fine!

Well, y'all have a great week. and yep ARK, i'm not believing this warm weather either, but its NICE so far!

Sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 am

well, Indyapp it seems thatthe truck bug has hit, I too just purchased a 2004 ford ranger in dark shadow grey, low miles and best of all one owner and all the maintenance records, I really wanted a blue one but the banks said that we did not have enough income, my credit score was great but not money, so we took a drive to Cocoa beach and found a dealer that is also the bank so our income didn't matter to them nor did the credit score all that matterd is that we can afford the payments, and in only 24 months it is mine and my payments are less than the other ranger I bought in 2007 plus it came with a one year bumper to bumper warrantee, so now we can take the other ranger off the road to do some major repairs and take our time to do it right plus I gave Kent the truck it is the same as my new one except it is 4x4 and this way we both have what we want, one other thing about my new truck is that there is No intrest on the loan we put money down and make payments that is why we can pay it off in only 2 years or sooner if I want. I did not want to be saddled down with 4 or 5 years of payments so now I am set I have my scooter and now a new to me truck and it does look like it is new, no wear and tear inside or outside it was kept in a garage and well maintained, I got lucky and feel blessed,
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Sunny
Congrats on your new truck!!! I am glad to see things looking up for you!

Rick
Glad you are back!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2013
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next