Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2013....

Go down 
+9
Graymare
NancyLee
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
cb
Beech
sunny 57
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NancyLee

June 2013.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

So glad to hear it CAROL! Keep improving. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

SO SORRY...I must have missed something...didn't know our Carol was ailing, etc. I'm glad to hear you are improving.

Love Rick & Snoop!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:25 pm

YAY CAROL! wavy Keep up the good work and get out of there soon!

Whose horse is at the top? It looks gaited. Indy is that yours? Preety.

Well, Curly Sue, first time mama doxie gave birth to five cute lil doxie pups wavy All are doing fine, except me, I didn't get any sleep! Grands are already here socializing the lil buggers! I have white with blue markings, white with black markings, andone with dark blue and tan markings....cute cute cute! I wuv puppies. Curlysue had her breakfast of over easy eggs on buttered toast (real butter of course)....I think I"m all for a nap!

HUMID today....ugh...not much planned, a trip to the dump and pick up some more pallets...tomorrow I see the orthopedic doc...wish me luck.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:54 am

AWWWWWWWWW. CB, how cute. I can hear it now. "Grandma can we keep them? I want that one, no, I want that one, no we want them all. Can we keep them, PLEASE GRANDMA? PLEASE?

lol! lol! ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:09 am

Graymare, you said that exactly right! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

I agree w/ELLEN and GRAYMARE, that must be exactly how it sounds. Then CB's response is "Ask your Mom..." Anyone want to fill in the next line?

Yes that picture at the top is Tiberius. Last year. I need to get updated pictures.

GM when is Faith due to have her colt? You were posting pictures of the stallion, but I don't remember if she was just getting bred for a 2014 foal or had been bred for a foal this spring.

CAROL good to hear your feeling better.

Here is a funny story. I've told you all before how much I hate machanical things. Yesterday I drove to work. Locked the car door and went inside. My car is an old fashion car that requires you to insert the key into the door to unlock it. At the end of the day I went out and stuck the key in the door and the darn thing wouldn't turn!! What the heck? Tried it again. I was afraid to put too much pressure on the key afraid it would break. So I open the passenger door and reach across to pull up the lock button. It wouldn't come up? What?! I ended up crawling across the seat and the console (In a dress and heals) to be able to drive home. I then had to reverse the process to get out. Bill and I both fiddled with the lock last night and couldn't get it open. I get around early (making sure I wear pants) so I can stop at the garage on my way in so hopefully the mechanic can get it to work. Bill tries the lock one more time this morning and it works. I am a firm believer in gremlins and that they have a warped sense of humor. I now definitely must look for a newer car.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

Wow...I have a spelling problem this morning. scratch
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 am

INDY, check around, maybe SNOOP is at your farm.

Tiberius is lovely. I wondered at first if that was him but just thought it was a pic ARK found. He's matured out and the colt is gone. He is so flashy and will be a wonderful mount for you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your clinic.

Faith is bred for a Feb 2014 foal..............add me to your crazy friends list. I prob need my head examined but I just love having a foal around. It's my health maintenance program.
Plus it keeps my friends entertained and busy giving me advice on what and how things need to be done. My prayer is for healthy and normal first, then and old fashioned dark smutty buckskin/dun. ClappingHands

God bless. Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

maybe today ..... fingers crossed it will all fall into place!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Carol, I sure hope your next post is from HOME... with Midge prints all over it.

Indy, one never knows why things work one day, don't work the next, and then work again the following day. It can drive one crazy.

Graymare, that video is a riot. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

A Child's View of Thunderstorms

A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that

morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily

trek to school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up,

along with lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that

her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school.

She also feared the electrical storm might harm her child. Full of concern,

the mother got into her car and quickly drove along the route to her child's

school. As she did, she saw her little girl walking along. At each flash of lightning,

the child would stop, look up, and smile. More lightning followed quickly and with each,

the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile. When the mother drew up beside

the child, she lowered the window and called, "What are you doing?" The child answered,

"I am trying to look pretty because God keeps taking my picture."

May God bless you today and every day as you face the storms that come your way.

" Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so 'Love the people who treat you right.

Pray for those who don't "
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 am

Indy, your horse is beautiful....he just flows.  The car story is funny and aggravatin' all in one!

Graymare, you will just love your new foal to pieces and dive right in on day one with its training....they are just too hard to resist!  Hope ya get the color you want!  I had that Appy mare with loud coloring/spots all over and she threw a solid bay colt, and I think Muley will be almost a bucksin colrings....neither one has ANY spots!  I was so disappointed.....but like you, glad for their good health foremost. and their good attidudes.  Jessi just crawled on top of Max and went down the trail....no real breaking to him....but actually we've been "breaking" him since day one.  He is the sweetest horse.  Still gives kisses too.

Grand daughters did that with the last litter, and Jessi would have all the dogs she could feed (don't know where she gets it from)  but hubby Joey keeps her feet on the ground.....and tells the girls "NO".  Jessi says when we they get their house on acreage she will have more than her 3 now tho.   GD's took one home last time tho....LOL

I lost my wonderful friend, Bubba's Blue Boy yesterday.  He got sick fast, and vet said it was his heart....we could only keep him comfy....he followed Harry around yesterday morning, looking better....and then when we got home from the docs, there he was....he just went to sleep, curled up in his favorite spot.  I have cried buckets.  I will miss him so much, he was my protector, my big Blue dog....he gave me fine puppies and all the love he had.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Carol, I hope you have good news for us and Midge today!

going for a ride at the Lake on Saturday, am so looking forward to it!

Puppies and Curly Sue are doing good!

Hope everyone is having a great day!  Ellen, have you gone for that swim yet?
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

I am home but still have a ways to go, but headed in the right direction!!!!  Prayers for Scotty and the rest of us that need one.  Raining like mad here today ....  just won't give us a break.

Thanks gang.....

Scotty in Colorado is evacuated because of forest fire ...  needs our thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Carol, I'm so glad you are home!  I'll bet Midge is glued to your leg or lap.
Please keep us up to date on Scotty.  Let us know how they are doing.

CB, that's so sad about Bubba.  It's so hard to lose them.  Big hugs to you.

I think a swim might be in order today.   I see and hear kids playing in the water now that school is out.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((CB)))))))))))))))))))  So sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Yes CB  ...  sorry about Bubba .....  never gets any easier and we all know how hard it is.  Hugs to you ......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 pm

We have some potentially bad storms headed our way.  I am relieved to have a whole house serge protector installed and ready to absorb almost any lightning strikes.  Thankfully, my across-the-street neighbor is an electrician and got the serger protector for me at his cost, and the labor only cost me a container of homemade ice cream.  He just came over and upped the breakers to a higher amperage.  I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Snoop here...volunteering to be an official taste tester

[b][b]Recipe of the Month: Cream Cheese Brownies[/b][/b]
One 4oz package German’s sweet chocolate
June 2013.... - Page 2 Cream-Cheese-Marbled-Chocolate-Brownie-Recipezaar-2.l-300x2005 tbsp butter or margarine
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
½ c. plus 1tbsp unsifted flour
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ coarsely chopped nuts
¼ tsp almond extract (optional)

Melt chocolate and 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine over a low heat stirring constantly. Cool.
Cream remaining butter or margarine with cream cheese until softened. Gradually add ¼ cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until blended.
Beat remaining eggs until fluffy and light in color. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thickened. Fold in baking powder, salt and remaining flour. Blend in cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts, almond extract and remaining vanilla.
Measure 1 cup chocolate batter and set aside. Spread remaining chocolate batter in a greased 9 inch square pan. Pour cheese mixture over top. Drop the measured chocolate batter from tablespoon onto cheese mixture. Swirl mixtures together with spatula just to marble.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars or squares. Cover and store in refrigerator.
Yields 20 brownies.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Oooo, Rick, that sounds delicious!

We didn't get any damage last night.  Just some significant rain, but no big winds like they were predicting.  Today is GORGEOUS.  Mid 70s, sunny and clear, but with a bit more wind.  The lake and the sky are BLUE BLUE BLUE.  Two-Doors-Over neighbor and I sat out on her dock for nearly 2 hours, solving all the world's problems while getting a bit of tan.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 am

Happy Flag Day.  Don't forget to fly your flags today.

CB:  AAWWWWWWWW that is so sad about losing Bubba.  (((CB)))  At least you have those new pups to keep you busy and give you some happiness.  So sorry for your loss of your buddy.

The other day there was a horse and cart accident over in your old necks of the woods, Millville, right off of RT 442.  The horse stopped listening to commands and ran down a hill, upset the cart.  The woman was killed and the guy is still in the hospital in serious condition.  David and Linda Craver are their names.

INDY APP:  LOL  that was too funny about your car door.  Funny how crazy things happen with our vehicles.  It's the gremlins...there can be no other reason.  LOL

CAROL:  Praying for you to get better quickly.

RICK:  YUMMMMMMM  That sounds wonderful.

It's been raining here for a couple days.  The weather has been so crazy.  The weeds are taking over the garden.  YIKES....

Love & prayers for all..
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 am

We had a VERY HARD wind storm blow thru yesterday around 4:00 PM.  It took out/knocked down 4 sections of temp. dog lot fencing (4  x 8 pieces of lattice ).  Cousin/neighbor had 2 - 3 trees that were 'topped out' by the winds.  Considering the direction the storm came from, I'd say that ARK probably felt it also.

We have dtr. Jillian's 5 mo Weim. puppy staying with us and this pup is "wild".  We are both kept busy with the  'let dog out / let dog in' routine and have gone 3 days now w/o an accident in the house. 

Jillian told us that Weim. dogs are 'counter surfers' and 'velcro dogs'.  Well...she was right...NOTHING is sacred from countertops IF she can get her paws / nose to the edge of the counters.  And the 'velcro' part is accurate too...she stick to us and loves to be a 35 lb lap puppy when napping.

She also has become an 'oven door cleaner' ... keeps the front of the oven door clean.

This child is an 'escape artist extraordinaire'.  We had a piece of plywood as the 4th side of pen bounded by the U-shaped kitchen. Some way / some how she managed to nudge / slide it back and was in the process of 'escaping' when I caught her.  I put the plywood back in place and wedged it more firmly in place.  Less that 15 minutes later, it got suddenly quiet  and I checked on her.  This sweet, adorable, lovable pup had managed to climb from floor level to counter top and was standing on the stove top looking at me when I went to check on her!!  I know w/o a doubt that she was contemplating a jump from counter/stove top to complete her escape.!!

Such is life around here now!!

I really think SNOOP is behind some of this dog's antics!! BTW...I took out the plywood partition!!

Love to all...Rick, Carol, Snoop and 'Harper, the Houdini Hound"
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:56 pm

That's so sad to hear about the horse and cart wreck.  As we all know, when dealing with horses, almost anything can happen.  But we love them anyway.

Rick, sounds like that puppy needs to go for some long walks or swims.  Wear that escape artist plum out.  hysterical

It's been a busy day, but interesting.  This morning, I took my old router and some cabinet grade plywood to a woodworker in Warsaw.  He taught me how to use the router, and I helped him build the cabinet that will go over the washer and dryer in the utility room.  I expected that I would leave the boards there and he would finish the cabinet, but I brought home a nearly finished cabinet.  Only a little more to do that I know how to complete on my own.  Now, hanging that thing will be a challenge and will probably have to wait until I have two or three tall male relatives to help do it.
When I got home about 12:30, a neighbor wanted to go kayaking, so I went out with her for about an hour and a half.  Good thing it wasn't any longer or I would have been fried.  After that, I had to take the car to the repair shop to see what was wrong with my rear lift gate.  Bad struts. 
Went to Walmart for a few things, and then spoiled myself by stopping for a good old-fashioned chocolate milk shake. 
I'm ready to sit by my open doors and do NOTHING for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:47 am

We finely cut my hay thurs and  weather has been perfect ----.     After a little drying we can start baling today.  There is no weather like "hay" weather. maybe watching the last wagon cross the field.  I pasture year round .  My hay buddy keeps his horses in most the time so no way to comparel  how to save on hay.  It is nice to always have plenty cut,
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Sounds like a pretty busy day Ellen ......  much accomplished though.

I am doing pretty good I think .... Whole thing scared me so bad that I am pretty paranoid ..... Just have to figure out how to stay good ....  the weather was for sure a huge part of the cause of it, but having no control over that .....  still need to get strength back but hopefully that will come along pretty quick.  Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts.

Gene ..  always nice to have plenty of hay in the barn ....  our barn was down to 3 bales ....  did up around 200 beauties of grass yesterday so I am sure there was a lot a lip smacking going on last night in the barn .... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2013....
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next