Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2013

Go down 
+7
cb
sunny 57
Manygatess
Graymare
Carol W
Rick Angell
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

October 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Thanks all.  Yep, so far Areion has turned out to be just what I wished for.  Hopefully that will always be that way....Very Happy 

Have I shown you all family pix lately?  We've changed a bit.....affraid 

October 2013 - Page 2 Qjq0.th  October 2013 - Page 2 Fzha.th  October 2013 - Page 2 Iya3.th  October 2013 - Page 2 6n5a.th

Too much t.v., I am sure.No
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am

DUCK DYNASTY RULES!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 pm

FOOPS...I just managed to lose/delete a 1600 word blog. I'll keep messing around trying to find it, but It'll be a couple days before I can re-write it.

I am NOT a happy FOOP! what with my lack of knowledge and FUMBLE FINGERS!!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:37 pm

OOPS Rick ... That happens to me too, but not that large a file usually. Bigger than I want to lose, but still ........ I NEVER find mine. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Sorry RICK.......I HATE it when that happens! Hope you find the file........

ARK, GREAT family pics..............Too funny.

Today we cleaned the one garage TOTALLY and pressure washed it. AND, we lived to tell about it...............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:16 pm

IMAGINE THE NUN SITTING AT HER DESK GRADING THESE PAPERS, ALL THE WHILE TRYING TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE AND MAINTAIN HER COMPOSURE!

PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST.

KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. THE FOLLOWING 25 STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RETOUCHED OR CORRECTED. INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.

1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.

2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.

3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.

4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.

5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED ASTRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.

6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.

7. MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD,WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS.

8. THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.

10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.

11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.

12. THE GREATEST MIRICLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.

13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.

14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.

15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.

16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.

17. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.

18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD.

19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EXPLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.

20. IT WAS A MIRICLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.

21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.

22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.

23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN.

24. ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY, WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.

25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Kids are so much fun. Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 pm

OK...here it is....I HOPE!! 2nd part coming tomorrow when my brain is not so fried. G-Mare....I LIKED those comments....especially the last one!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
4th Blog … Day 4 (part #1)

“Food … Food … Coffee’s on and sweets waiting…!!”

The above is a sure fire way to get SNOOP and me up and on the move!! Maris has another delightful spread of toasts, sweet rolls, assorted cold cuts, cheeses, sliced tomatoes, homemade apple juice and cereals. Gosh...I sure DO LOVE that girl!!

This day turned out to be a special day as Marko was our co-guide and driver. As mentioned earlier, he has been doing the remodeling inside their home and has done absolutely beautiful work … all during the evenings and weekends.

Today we are going to see and learn some things that will truly make us appreciate “freedom” and just how sweet it is. Also, think for a moment just how stirring some of our patriotic songs are. Imagine being “officially” persecuted for performing and singing such songs. What follows I am taking directly from Carol’s book.

“ Although the ‘Singing Revolution’ began in the late 1980s, it culminated in 1988 - 89 with the singing of patriotic songs at mass meetings. Formerly banned by Soviet Rule, the core of 20 songs of great importance to Estonians began to be sung in homes and small gatherings and spread to large patriotic meetings. Popular singers of all genres became involved by performing songs emphasizing feelings of togetherness and adherence to national traditions. This gentle ‘Revolution’ may have been modeled after the US charity movement of ‘We Are The World.’ One event called Estonian Song filled the Song Festival Grounds with 100,000 people.

“The Baltic Chain was the culmination of the ‘Singing Revolution’ and is considered one of the major political mass demonstrations in world history. On 23 August, 1989, an uninterrupted chain of 2 million people holding hands stretched from Tallinn in Estonia through the Latvian capital of Riga to Vilnius in Lithuania to remind the world of a secret Soviet 50-year-old pact which caused the los of independence of these three Baltic countries. For 15 minutes, this 220 mile long chain of people of all ages sand and declared their desire for freedom. Soviet officials ended the pact in December 1989. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! “

An impressive site to see was the Song Festival Grounds in Tallinn. Here is a copy / paste that will tell you a little bit about it:

“Completed in 1960, Tallinn's Song Festival Grounds were the first modern post-war construction to be built in the city. Unique in Europe, they were designed by Alar Kotli, Henno Sepmann and Uno Tölpus. Their design took into account the nature of the land they were to be built on: audiences would be seated on the slope of the hill, so the song arch would need to echo sound to them. A copy of the song stage was later erected in Vilnius.
The Song Festival Grounds are a popular venue for events. It is best known as the place where every 5 years the Song Festival is held, in which nearly 25,000 singers take part, attracting an audience of nearly 100,000. Anyone interested can climb to the top of the tower, which is 42 metres high and from which you can see all the way out over the city and bay. And if you have binoculars with you that are powerful enough, you should be able to see far out into the Gulf of Finland!” Here you will find a lot of pictures of the grounds. We did NOT get very far from the statue as that spot gave us a commanding view of the structure: www.google.com/search?q=song+festival+grounds+tallinn+estonia&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8blQUuXYMYe88wSgpYAY&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1282&bih=599&dpr=1 I am including also a link for some pictures of the Baltic Chain … that chain of people mentioned above: www.google.com/search?q=baltic+chain&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Q7tQUoO1OYSa9gSex4CADQ&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1282&bih=599&dpr=1

After leaving the Song Festival Grounds, we traveled a bit to get out into the country and see something a bit unusual … at least for THIS old country boy … some really wet grounds. Thus was the Viru Nature Trail that is in the Lahemaa National Park. Webster defines a bog as: “wet, spongy ground; a poorly drained usually acidic area rich in accumulated plant material, frequently surrounding a body of open water, and having a characteristic flora of sedges, heaths, and sphagnum moss.” In other words...STAY ON THE WALKWAY!!. Don’t ask SNOOP how I know the validity of such a statement.
Click on each of the seven small pictures to enlarge them. We walked out … I’m guessing … a bit over a mile on the wooden walkway and returned. As usual, I was fascinated as I pondered the question of: “HOW did they make this?” http://www.aviastar.org/travel/estonia/viruraba.html

As an old farm boy having grown up in the rolling hills of the central part of NC, I always take note of beautiful flat land and just imagine the thrill of ‘farming’ such flat land. However, there always seems to be some impediment to that dream. In this case, we saw one of the largest freestanding glacial rocks in Estonia. It is said that this rock came from Finland. The land all around this behemoth was clean of visible rocks. OK … I’m easily and weirdly amused at times: www.google.com/search?q=jaani+tooma&client=firefox-a&hs=Qtz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n8RQUvqXGJT88QSSoYGYAw&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=579&dpr=1 (I did NOT see any ‘Made in China’ stickers, so I’ll take their word it is of Finnish origin)

I’m going to stop here to keep this around 1000 words … will pick up with blog #4 part 2!! See you soon!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Things Not To Say to a Horse Owner:

Riding isn't a sport, the horse does all the work.
If you kept the house as neat as you do the barn, we wouldn't have to look for things. Sure, I can ride. I went riding on my vacation two years ago. Your horse is only worth what someone will pay you for him. Oh - you're going to breed her... how long will it take her to have a litter? Gosh - your horse trailer cost more than your house! Shouldn't that saddle in your front room be in the barn? Why do you have so many horses? You can only ride one at a time. Geez- It's ONLY a horse! How much did you say you paid for those shoes? ____ is old and you don't ride him anyway, why don't you sell him? Did you know that your horse is foaming at the mouth? The way you treat that horse, you'd think it was part of your family. I heard that Dr Phil said that owning a horse is good exercise - for the horse. Haven't you outgrown that horse "thing" yet? Any phrase containing the word "hayburner" If you spent as much time with your husband as you do your horse, you'd have a happier marriage. My car/boat/motorcycle just sits in the garage until I need it. You have a Quarter Horse? Where's the rest of him?
Did you step in something? Your boots stink. Should you still be riding at your age? When can we come to ride? You have to buy hay? Can't they just eat grass? What, I shouldn't wear flip-flops out to your barn? Do you have any clothes besides jeans & horse t-shirts? Why do you take lessons? I thought you knew how to ride. The baby horse is so cute - (when referring to an aged PONY) You should show that horse who's boss, then he'll do what you want! My teen is so lazy. I'll send him/her to your place-maybe you can get him/her to work! How many more times are you going to let that horse throw you off before you give it up? Do horses really have a personality? Eew! Horse poop. How do you walk around here? So where do you get all of your money? I know you have money, cause you've got horses. Doesn't it hurt when you fall off? Your barn is cleaner than your house. Imagine how much money you'd have if you didn't have all these horses to feed! Why put your vet's/farrier's kids through college? You could be taking a vacation! Your horse's only talent is stimulating the economy. You have horses... you must be RICH! Are you sure he can breathe with that thing (girth) wrapped around his gut? Why don't you train him to go outside like a dog, instead of in his stall? You paid HOW much?

So how many times have you heard these things? Laughing  This came from Hoofprints.com.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:50 pm

How many times? TOO many!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

How many times ... a few too many. AND I've even uttered a few to myself from time to time!!

Gonna start on 2nd part...see ya later.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Blog #4 … cont….part #2

We drove through the village of Kasmu, known as the “captain’s village” for all of the fine homes built by wealthy sea captains. After finding a place to park at the end of the road, we walked on through some pine forest and to the water’s edge. Here is where I touched waters for the first time that did not lap ashore on USA or its territories. This was the Gulf of Finland (and some might say it was a part of the Baltic Sea) Here you’ll find a bit of history about this old village that predates the discovery of North America: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A4smu We were very impressed with how well maintained this little village is and just how modern it looks. Judge for yourself by looking at some of the pictures in this site: www.google.com/search?q=kasmu+estonia&client=firefox-a&hs=87d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eOpRUsWWIdGxqQH3yYGwAg&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=579&dpr=1 It was a lovely day to be outside and there were a fair number of people enjoying the shore line. We sure did!!

FOOD? Somebody mention food again? This was mid afternoon by now and we were asked about eating “authentic Estonian” food. I’m always ready!! There was a small pub / restaurant w-a-y out in the rural area that Marko and Maris knew about … Altja Korts that was old and served the “authentic” food. This link will lead you to a web site that is written in Estonian, but I want you to scroll down and see the exterior as well as the interior: http://www.palmse.ee/altja-korts We sat at a long table that could easily have had 8 people instead of the 4 of us. Marko ordered 4 / 5 different appetizers … a real dark nutty bread (delicious) … fried potato skins … a crispy Estonian garlic bread … salt beans (kind of like limas that were not quite finished cooking but very tasty) … and dried fish. I didn’t even try the dried fish as it looked like a lot of work and there really wasn’t much to eat. Carol and I had Pork roast, potatoes, and sauerkraut w/ a pickle on the side. I’m please to say that Carol actually ate THREE nice sized bites of the sauerkraut. She does NOT eat anything that is vinegary! She said it was “OK.” I was proud of her!! After the meal, we “strolled” along the water’s edge for a bit to walk off our meal and to look at some older buildings covered with thatch roof.

Bear in mind, please, that all of our activities today after leaving the song festival grounds were within the confines of the Lahemaa National Park. We made a short stop to see an old manor home and facility that have been restored / converted to a resort / spa and conference center. This was Vihula Manor. You can see from the short article and photos that this is a very nice resort to be started from the 16th century era: http://www.vihulamanor.com There were some horses there, but too far away for me to get close to.

One last stop was made at another manor house, but we didn’t even get out of the car … this was Palmse Manor. I just looked up this wikipedia site and was surprised at the age of the estates, etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmse I wish we had stopped in, but we all were tired and had an hour of driving ahead of us. Here are some pictures that show its grandeur: www.google.com/search?q=palmse+manor&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-_hRUtKqI4fc9ATEuIDgBw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1282&bih=599&dpr=1

We went home … tired, but happy from a day’s outing. Maris fixed us some light stuff to snack on for a bit while Carol and Marko played with her computer and Facebook.

I’ll see you tomorrow and we get to meet Maris’s parents!

Good night, from Carol, Snoop and Rick

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 am

RICK, I love your travelogue. I would have to side w/Carol on the sauerkraut thing. I'm not too fond of it myself, however, the Pickles I'd do. Love pickles.

ARK, I've got to agree I've heard all of those on your list, and a few that aren't. I think the one that bugs me the most is. You should show that horse who's boss, then he'll do what you want! (My brother who hasn't been on a horse since he was in junior high says it.)

I'll be going on a fund raising trail ride next weekend and I may be taking Monster and Tiberius. Bill "thinks" he would like to do the ride but we're not sure he can handle 10 miles with his back the way it is. So in the interest of being prepared I practiced loading both horses in the trailer this weekend. I haven't had Tiberius in the trailer since the clinic this spring and Monster hasn't been in a trailer in a number of years. Two carrots later Tiberius is walking in and out of the trailer like a pro. Monster on the other hand decided the trailer is the home of a horse eating cougar. The hard part about working w/Monster is that he has never tied well. Put any pressure on his halter and he panics. I would love to know what caused this deep seated fear. We've progressed a long way over the years but when he's stressed any pressure on a lead rope causes his little pea brain to shut down and his reaction to to pull back and back and back. Any who, after much patience and just a few carrots and apples he inched his way into the trailer on Saturday. I gave him some scritches and called it a day. Sunday he had to put his head and shoulders in the trailer and his back feet on the ramp to be able to eat his breakfast. He had to have all four feet in the trailer to eat his dinner. He use to trailer fine so once he's comfortable that there isn't a horse eating cougar in the trailer he should be fine. Until then he gets his dinner in the trailer. Breakfast he will get in his stall as it's pitch black outside when I have to feed in the morning and I'm not going to even attempt loading him in the dark with lights on at this point. I'll pick my battles thank you very much. And if Bill decides the ride isn't for him, I'll ride Tiberius and Monster has had a good lesson.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Thanks Mr and little snoop !!!!   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 am

How do you get all that typing and correct wor ds etc.????

Anyway
keeep it up
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Gene...its a hard job with my fumble fingers. Spell check function on the computer and my wife keep the spelling reasonable straight and the grammar somewhat presentable. lol!!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Day 5 … a bit of travel … Monday

The realities of life hit again, and Marko had to work. Maris put out the usual spread of stuff to eat for breakfast and then we hit the road for a bit of travel in a different direction from yesterday’s venture. We were headed to the town of Parnu which was about a 2 hour drive south out of Tallinn. There is a lovely beach on the edge of town. Parnu is a pretty town that is clean and well maintained. Here, you’ll find some more information about this old town and about its importance today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A4rnu Here is a collection of photos of Parnu, the beach, etc. Can you find the elephant? https://www.google.com/search?q=p%C3%A4rnu&client=firefox-a&hs=jcG&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IvZSUuL4B83MqAHLkoDQAg&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=579&dpr=1

We had lunch in a eco-cafe … that specializes in “natural” foods. Sorry, I’m NOT able to provide you with pictures showing their delicious food, but check this out as the place we had lunch … the Mahedik Cafe: http://www.visitestonia.com/en/mahedik-cafe. After lunch, Snoop and I relaxed on a bench while the “girls” did a bit of retail therapy in some shops. Carol bought a “punched” woolen hot pad and some woolen earrings. I wish that I could post pictures here to show you, but that is beyond my skill level. The designs are of wool (different colors) that are “punched” into a felt backing. The earrings she bought were made the same way.

Our return trip to Tallinn took a small detour for what turned out to be the highlight of Carol’s and my day. We got to meet Maris’s Mom and Dad and had a wonderful visit in their lovely home. Maris detoured just a block to show us the Soviet era apartment building she grew up in and the small plot of ground they were granted to raise a garden. Mom and Dad now live in their own home on a sizable lot and have over a dozen fruit trees and a large garden for vegetables and flowers. Dad is a music instructor on the university level and speaks just a couple words of English. Mom works in one of the local governmental offices as an accountant. She speaks some English. However, the universal language spoken and demonstrated was our love of Maris and Marko and those two boys. There was no problem with that language. We had a delightful visit and just had to take a serving of Mom’s homemade apple cake and raisin cake topped with ice cream and washed down with their homemade apple juice. I didn’t think the cake tasted “quite right” and had to have a second serving which was much better. I sure am glad my taste buds required that second sample!

The trip back home was pleasant and I really don’t remember much of it as my eyelids went under close examination for holes.

See you tomorrow from some more sights and attractions in Tallinn….!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 pm

RICK, this is good.

INDY, you will have a great time regardless.

ELLEN, where are the pictures? You must have many by now.

My friend has a foot of snow at her ranch in CO...............and, she is happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 pm

So far, I've only taken a couple of 'test' photos to see what the capability of the camera is. There will be more to come as fall leaves begin their show of color. The range of zoom to macro is pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:12 pm

A LADY WALKS INTO TIFFANY'S. SHE LOOKS AROUND, SPOTS A BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND BRACELET AND WALKS OVER TO INSPECT IT. AS SHE BENDS OVER TO LOOK MORE CLOSELY, SHE UNEXPECTEDLY FARTS. VERY EMBARRASSED, SHE LOOKS AROUND NERVOUSLY TO SEE IF ANYONE NOTICED HER LITTLE WOOPS AND PRAYS THAT A SALESPERSON WAS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR. AS SHE TURNS AROUND, HER WORST NIGHTMARE MATERIALIZES IN THE FORM OF A SALESMAN STANDING RIGHT BEHIND HER. GOOD LOOKING AS WELL. OOL AS A CUCUMBER, HE DISPLAYS ALL OF THE QUALITIES ONE WOULD EXPECT OF A PROFESSIONAL IN A STORE LIKE TIFFANY'S. HE POLITELY GREETS THE LADY WITH, 'GOOD DAY, MADAM ... HOW MAY WE HELP YOU TODAY??? BLUSHING AND UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT STILL HOPING THAT THE SALESMAN SOMEHOW MISSED HER LITTLE 'INCIDENT', SHE ASKS, 'SIR, WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THIS LOVELY BRACELET??' HE ANSWERS, "MADAM, IF YOU FARTED JUST LOOKING AT IT - YOU'RE GOING TO SHIT WHEN I TELL YOU THE PRICE."
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:05 pm

It was nearly dark when I took this picture and didn't think it would show up.

October 2013 - Page 2 98er

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Graymare, ROFL lol! ROFL 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:03 am

ELLEN:
Your new camera is doing great! very pretty!

INDYAPP:
wish I could go with you! I need a riding partner. Hope you have lots of fun! Good work with the trailer loading!

GRAYMARE:
Rolling Eyes  hysterical 

I wouldn't be happy if I were your friend in CO right now. Snow. No  I heard S.D. had even more. I'll stay happy with our fall weather. After 2 1/2 inches of rain on Monday, we've had beautiful, cool weather.

RICK:
Good trip today!

CB, SUNNY, BEECH and CAROL:
What are you guys up to?

I had a dermatologist appointment today for a spot on my lower neck that is going to have to be removed. It is a skin cancer caused by sun damage that can be removed and that will be the end of that. They did a biopsy today and will let me know in a week. They say it isn't a big deal, but I don't care for that "C" word much. I think nearly every kind of doctor has seen me in the past couple of years. Strangely, I am in very good health!

I rode Ivan this evening. It is very cool and he is pulling some new tricks. He is now kicking out now and then. I suspect he is pushing his boundaries a little. I just made him turn tightly and went on about my business like it didn't happen. Every time he does this, we change direction sharply and go on. He then gets back to work. I think he needs a very long trail ride that tires him out. We haven't been off property since late June.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 am

ARK, I'm here....I need a long long peaceful trail ride....I see a dermatologist to get some skin cancer removed also....ugh....so know how ya feel....
Was in the ER Sunday night, not feeling so hot....
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 am

My Kindle reading friends...guess what my kids got me for my birthday? Yup...a Kindle Fire, so looks like I'll be moving into the 21st century and away from my beloved books. Now I just have to figure out how on earth to use it. These new fangled things make me nervous. LOL No longer can I be a book only hold out. They are already badgering me to see if I used it or not. KIDS!!!!!!!!! I did give it a try yesterday. Shocked Any hints on what to do with it?

George had a surprise birthday party for me on Saturday and believe me it was a BIG surprise to me.  Surprised  I was shocked to see all the cars pulling into the driveway and George laughing. I was clueless even though there were tons of clues, I should have known he & the kids were up to something. They are a bunch of sneaks. 

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 am

Trudy, do you have a wireless router in your house? If so, you can go to Amazon and download books right from the Kindle. If not, you can use your computer to get the books and they will download to the Kindle, literally in seconds. I like to use the computer because it's a little easier to select the books. Also, check with your local library, because you can borrow books. They download to your Kindle and will be there for two weeks and then they disappear. Amazon has some loaners too.
MOST of what you do with a computer you can do with your Fire. DON'T be afraid of it. Just play with it and have fun.
Congratulations to George and the kids for successfully surprising you!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:33 pm

happy belated birthday manygates, sounds like you had a great time, know what you mean about the technology I barely know how to use my computer, and I got a simple flip phone because the other one was confusing, have fun with your new kindle fire I hear they are great and can do lots of things not just books,

I am still here Ark, just enjoying the first night of leaving my windows open and it is now 1:30 pm and it is only75 with a strong breeze so no air conditioner
wavy the air is still a little humid but that is o.k it is worthit for this cool air I know it is going to heat up again but will enjoy this while I can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2013   October 2013 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2013
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next