Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2015

Go down 
+5
Manygatess
cb
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Graymare

August 2015 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 am

RICK..........whew, road weary warrior, here's something funny to cheer you up regarding drivers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3mzAzOl6o
Don't drive as you watch this as you will have a crash laughing. Shocked So sorry to read about Phony Pony. We always like to hear from you to know you are hanging in there on the highway. Hope you can get some rest soon and retire full-time!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:04 pm

So sorry RICK to hear about Phony Pony. I don't know what kind of pain meds you're using but you might consider a product called BL Solution. It comes in a liquid and a pellet. I used the pellet for the last year of Thunder's life to help her with her arthritis pain. BL stands for Bute-Less. As you probably know Bute can cause stomach problems if used for extended periods. Thunder was on a double dose of BL solution pellets in her morning feed and got Bute in her evening feed vs having Bute 2x a day. It helped her a lot. I bought it through Smart Paks by doing a search for it on Amazon.com.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 pm

Sorry about your pony, rick. I worry about my guys being on the grass, keeping my fingers crossed all the time. Founder can happen so fast.
I hope you can retire soon full time again, too. sitting so long isn't good for our circulation or our backs. be careful, take care.

Sunny today....woohoo. bro is having someone come in to clean his mh and then he can finally get moved in. I can't clean it this time cuz of all the smoke in there. I cleaned it when first came here.omgosh.... affraid

He smells like cig smoke so strongly when he comes in it smells like 10 people r smoking in here....ugh.

Hubby is busy now working on our stuff.....work in progress that's us.

Well am off for ortho appt.....later gators
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Rick, I'm so sorry to hear about MIranda. I hope you can keep her comfortable for a long time to come. And, I hope you get to re-retire again SOON.

That video was a riot, Graymare.

CB, I always wonder how people can stand to smoke. It just smells soooo bad. I don't blame you for not cleaning it again. Maybe once it's clean, he will be able to keep it that way for himself.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:06 pm

Rolling Eyes won't happen....he will pay someone once a month....ewwwwww......my bro is related to a piggeeeeeeeeeeeee.....actually I've seen cleaner pigeeeeeeeeeeees! sorry couldn't resist.......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Since you and Harry have made it much less expensive for him to live, he can afford to have somebody else clean it. I sure don't blame you for not doing it.
You probably mentioned it before, but did Chris finally move her minis OUT of your place? I remember that she was there to get them. And of course, she paid you for all their care and feed while they were at your place. Right?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Yes she did, and no she didn't. I ate any feed and banamine and vet costs....was so glad she took them tho.
I'm not sure what she is up to, but we saw her in buffalo at walmart....she is still in the area....wunnerful wunnerful, not. Neutral

Harrys knee surgery is dec 8 tentatively.......oh boy....

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Catching Up!   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:02 am

Oh Rick, so sorry about Phony, hope you can keep her comfy for a good long time yet.  And durn, you need to get back down this way again, sooner then the last time also.  FOOPS may not know that we still manage to have occasional dinner dates.  Folks, he just gets more handsome and sweet as he "ages", we both look our ages though!  I sure wanted AP to win that race, but want him to retire healthy and sound even more.  He has personality and I love that.  There is much discussion about whether he is a ridgling or not, GM is that a crypt orchid?  Never heard "ridgling" before?  CB, I sure don't blame you for not wanting to clean the smoke filled mh again, I'm a smoker, and if I enter a smoked filled room or house, my eyes start watering and I'm miserable.  Ellen, I'm still an avid Nascar fan, and try to not miss watching any and all races.  Poor Tony, feel so bad about all he has/is going through.  Horse update!  I am now the proud owner of a reg Paso mare, 14 yo bay, quiet, calm, sweet natured as all get out!  Bay with right rear sock.  Esperanza is her registered name, but I will call her Essy.  Pictures as soon as she arrives here in SC.  She's is Commerce, GA right now.  I'm getting her stall and pasture ready at the place up the road where she will be boarding.  I have very little Paso knowledge so am trying to learn as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Continue, Essy   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 am

Folks, I have never dealt with people selling horses quite like Hannah and Heath!  Wonderful, just wonderful, people!  Had many phone conversations with Hannah, trying to schedule a day/time for me to drive 250+ miles one way to meet and ride Essy.  I explained that even tho the price she was asking for sweet Essy was quite reasonable, I had a whole lot more to consider, as my beautiful Outback saddle would not work for her, and I would have to purchase all new tack for her and would have to find transport to get her here.  They are going to deliver her for a very reasonable price, yippee!  Hannah completely outfitted Essy with saddle/bridle/saddle pad, and Heath even added in a brand new lightweight blanket and when I arrived in Commerce they added a halter and leadline!  None of the tack is new, but all in excellent, usable condition and best of all, saddle is a name brand synthetic so nice and light for me!  Hannah wormed and trimmed her feet the day before I met her!  How's that for taking care of a customer? Cool Total:  $1600  I was/am amazed!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 am

Rose, I'm so happy for you! Those people sound like the best "horse traders" ever. Good ethical people. Can't wait to see pictures, and hear about your rides with Essy.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 pm

RICK
I am very sorry to hear about Miranda. I hope she can be made comfortable.

CB
You are a good sister cheers .

GRAYMARE and ELLEN
Sorry AP didn't win, but what a schedule he has had. He is such a wonder horse! sunny

SUNNY
Are you drowned from the hurricane? I heard Orlando got a lot of rain. We could use some here, it hasn't rained much lately.

ROSE
Hurray!! ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands Congratulations!!! wavy I can't wait to see pix. Those sellers are amazing! They really want Essey to have a good home.

Whoever brought up adult coloring books was a genius!wavy Thanks! ClappingHands I got Annie one and she is hooked. She wants to look into coloring clubs when she goes home. She has been busy with that and has been catching up on 'Under the Dome' on the new TV. We are off to lunch and I will change the monthly thread when we get back....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Okay, then. The new thread is ready to roll. Meet you in September 2015. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t48-september-2015#6338

Or go to BASKET and click on September 2015. August is now closed for business......

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2015
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5