Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2015 !!

Go down 
+7
cb
NancyLee
Indyapp
sunny 57
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Ellen E
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:09 pm

May 2015

May  2015  !! IarWna

Spring at last!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:18 pm

I brushed enough hair off my horses to stuff a couch this morning. The vet was coming after lunch to give shots and float a bunch of teeth, so everyone got spiffied up. We ended up floating five sets of teeth, including Cactus Jack, who had never had it done. It took three shots to get that guy groggy.

Ivan got his teeth floated, too, and afterward the vet went to remove 'the bean', and promptly got herself kicked. That was a first, I have never had a vet kicked by one of my horses before... Embarassed ...he got another sleepy juice shot and she finished the job. She wasn't hurt, but I bet it left a mark.

I don't even want to think about the vet bill. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Ooooo. Oweeee! Glad she wasn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:30 pm

The big race was safe for horses and jockeys, and it was a close race until the last few yards. Now, if he can just do two more.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:04 am

Who wasn't hurt, ELLEN?

Looks like a popular horse won the race. Who owns him?

Donnie mowed our lower hayfield this afternoon. Now we need a few nice days, please! The grass down there is really nice this year. He had to chop up two trees that had fallen in the last few weeks before he could mow. We had some pretty strong winds not long ago.

After taking care of the horses this evening, I rode Ivan! I only had him walk. I need to find out if the hip issues are still there. Ivan and I steadily walked, backed, sidepassed, and did patterns for a half hour. Other than a little twinge when I first got on, I had no problems! If nothing develops overnight, our next ride will include trotting....which was instrumental in causing the problem. So far, so good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:10 am

In the Derby, and all the rest of the races today, there were no horses hurt and no jockeys hurt either. Good day. Some really good races.

Ark, it's good to hear that you could ride without pain. Hope that keeps going.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:37 pm

It was a good race. we had gone to a rendevous with buckskinners doing demonstrations with cannons, musket shootings, cast iron cooking and vendors galore selling stuff. they had a tractor hayride to transport from parking to all areas in the park, when we got tired of walking we climbed aboard and went for a 15 minute hayride. the park is beautiful , campground by a river and about 750 acres of biking and hiking trails as well as fishing and boating. we made it home to watch the race and then hubby spent time working planting tomato plants and I played with cinnamon in my little work area.
The day before was not so nice as we went and loaded up hay in truck and trailer...and on way thru town to come home the dodge hiccupped and died, we got it off the road and had to have it towed and the trailer which we had to pay for the trailer.....we managed to get hay all home and now waiting to see how much truck repairs will be.....ugggh.
Today is a lazy day. hubby will work in his garden, we r planting tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash for this year until we get a tiller or tractor to do more next year. I will brush all horses and check them for ticks, ticks is a problem...uckie things.
Have a great day everyone. and Ark, hope u can trot alright...keeping fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:02 pm

For MISS ARK:

May  2015  !! 1653630_409616235852667_3394045179230132178_n
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:36 am

Nearly true, RICK! ROFL

Kazi and Daisy ware going for their pedicures at VA Tech this afternoon.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:49 am

LOL, ARK, don't let your horses tell my horses...........

Last Fri I had to put Addy down...her hips finally had totally given out.
Very sad day. Thank God for the memories in my heart.

Rain here this morning.........stopped for now but more coming. Good day to stand in the barn aisle later and groom spring shedding horses.
Shocked

Everyone have a good day.......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Graymare, I'm soooo very sorry about Addy. You had her for a long time, and I know it must seem very strange and sad to not have her there with you.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm

God's still in the miracle business.......word got around of losing Addy.
A friend's associate has one too many breeding males in her kennel and Dexter is coming here tomorrow on "trial". Yeah right. We don't roll like that here. Anyhow, he will get neutered right off in a week or so when he gets to know me a bit. The window never shuts that a new door doesn't open. This will sure occupy a broken heart and he will hopefully fit right in.

May  2015  !! 411203568
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Ohhhh. A new family member! That's great. I hope he fits right in perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:53 pm

GRAYMARE
 I am so sorry to hear about Addy.  Hips seem to do in a lot of dogs.  She was such a pretty dog.

Dexter is a beautiful guy!  I hope he fits right in.

We took Kazi and Daisy to have their feet done today.  They were both so nicely behaved, except when Daisy decided she didn't want her weight known and kept swerving off the scales. Rolling Eyes   That big yellow butt nearly mowed down both the vet and the farrier at the same time.  I reminded them that Daisy has no concept of where her body is past her ears.  Donnie finally convinced her to get on that scale, something she has done many times before without a problem.  Her weight was unchanged from 3 months ago.  She still needs to lose a hundred pounds.  Kazi walked onto the scales, posed as if for a photo, and proved she was still the same weight she was three months ago, right at her perfect weight!  I was sooooo relieved Laughing , I just knew she had put on a few pounds and I would be getting The Weight Lecture again.  Nope! cheers

On the way home, one of the trailer tires de-laminated, and blew off all the rubber down to the metal radials. Scared the hooey out of us. It didn't go flat and we crept the last 7 miles home. The tire must have had some kind of defect. We got home safely, thankfully. It was a tire under Daisy's side of the trailer. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:41 am

Thank God you guys are safe, ARK.

I'm all wound up as too much has happened since Friday.......it's good to be this busy, tho......there will never be another Addy, but that doesn't mean Dexter doesn't need our love and the reverse. We'll see. Surprised

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:40 am

Graymare, so sorry to hear....so hard for us to make that decision....hugga.

Ark, pfffftttttt made me chuckle....weight equals blowout....lol

I've been packing winter stuff away and hanging the summer stuff, hubby has been building new fences....and chris is bird watching...we have many kinds and colors.

Rick is already bigger than the triplets, in just a few days....he nurses from every doe....he isn't choosy....he thin ks they all taste fine. he is a lil heathen!

Quiet days....auction on thursday...hmmmmmm.....maybe.....rain is on the way.....for wed, thurs, fri, sat, sun, and mon.....maybe harry should be building an ark!

Hope to see posts from everyone, some of us live vacariously thru others' adventures.....so fess up some good stories y'all! lol

Sweet dreams....
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 7:06 am

Happy May everyone. Spring has finally arrived in PA.

GRAYMARE: So sorry to hear about Addy's crossing the bridge. Congrats on giving Dexter a new loving home. He is a beautiful boy.

ARK: Good thing you were able to make it home with that bad tire.

CB: You are always such a busy girl, I can't keep up with you.

Things have been busy here in PA. I've been busy playing in the dirt. We have planted most of our little plants in the garden except for the tomatoes and peppers.

The barn cat moved her kittens and I can't locate them. Darn her. I was loving them daily, so I could find a home for them instead of them turning feral and untouchable. Guess she didn't like me touching them.

We had our annual church dinner/party on Sunday night. The food was great, the entertainment wonderful and it was a lot of fun, I even won a huge candy bar. YUMMMM

I'm off to the dentist this morning for yet another root canal. I should have gotten falsies a long time ago. My teeth drive me nuts.

Love & prayers...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Okay, Graymare. We're waiting - impatiently - to hear about Dexter.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyWed May 06, 2015 3:23 am

TRUDY, OOOOOOOWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!

Really tired but had a really fun day. We're going to call Dexter "General Lee". "Lee" for short. He's a riot. A great big monster buffoon. He's big for an Aussie almost 27" and 70 lbs. I thought he was 25" and 60 lbs. Anyhow, he rode home fine, enjoys barn chores and hanging out. He doesn't bother horses at all. He sticks like glue around us. He still needs to be neutered so will let him settle in and then make his appt.

I just fell into this situation so am still feeling very blessed. And, so far, so good. (14 hrs?)

Hey, any chance I can sleep with you guys?
May  2015  !! 411208618

Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyWed May 06, 2015 4:33 am

king Very Happy Older man is back ----Hi !! king
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Hi OLMAN!!! Great to see you. Hope you & Virginia ae doing well.
Spring is probably getting you both out & about more. Hope you stay in touch.

Day 2 has gone well with T Bone. (Orig Dexter) Honestly, we are a crazy group. Fortunately for us, the dog doesn't care what you call him...just call him. He is so silly. Anyhow, the guys came by to see TL and they weren't going to let this guy have just any old name.
Actually, I love it as "it fits". Next Thursday is his surgical day.
Sorry, CB, no puppies here. I would love to have some but can't own 2 dogs anymore as my daughter can't take care of two when we go out of town (she has two).

I'm really tired tonight as I was so wound up last night with the excitement of T Bone's arrival. T Bone. I laugh even when I type it.
This dog could now go on Saturday Night Live. He is smart and will learn fast. He LOVES to come to you, even from far away. I think he is just thrilled to have people make a big deal about him after being stuck in a crate in a house while his owner worked.

Anyhow, no other news. I hope everyone had a great day and that TRUDY is recovering from her dental work.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:53 am

Graymare, no need to be sorry....altho he is a pretty blue merle color. I have 1 female doxie, and she keeps my 10 yr old male company. I don't think he can make puppies anymore....but he has given me some very pretty ones. the 2 of them r on my covered screened porch .....beans can't be inside puppy dog as he likes to mark ALL things that stand still! they r right outside of the sliding glass door of the dining room, with their own private entrance to a big doggie play yard. all others use the laundry room doggie door and go in and out as they please...all 8 of them. luckily in the nice weather they stay out on their patio or in the yard. the doggie yard when its complete will surround the garden which will be almost an acre. they will have a race track all the way around it to keep the lil critters out. we are working on it piece by piece. I have 1 more of the males to neuter still. we had a skunk visit tonight..ewwwwwww! otto ran to the door and the skunk let fly...we hurried to shut the door and sprayed and sprayed in the house, good lord, wasn't expecting that!....made us gag and our eyes watered! it was a nice quiet evening.....

Ol man, good to see you here, what have you been up to?

Trudy, how r ya doin?
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyThu May 07, 2015 4:26 am

Very Happy Thanks for asking Ms CB. I have had to back off asking grandson to grow to 6 ft so he coud be a better military. H'mff, he still lacks i/4 inch. He is now a Sr at college and on the way to Ft Bragg for some -----What do they do there ? He is a fitness
person from all I can see. Is your daughter still eating up that part --of army trng? hug rear rear
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! EmptyThu May 07, 2015 6:11 am

Good news guys. That was the easiest & quickest root canal I have ever had. WHEW...Thanks for caring. I can now allow my teeth to touch each other and even chew on the right side again.

GRAYMARE: T-Bone is too cute of a name for him. I went to school with a kid we called T-Bone, can't remember why or what his given name was. I'm getting old...LOL

OLMAN: Good to see you posting again. We missed you. Tell your grandson "thanks for his service to our country and we appreciate the sacrifice he is making for us."

CB: EEWWWWWWW skunk. There isn't much that smells worse than a skunk and it lingers forever.

Tick season has arrived. I picked one off me and one of Ace already. Gotta start doing the tick check after every walk we take from now on. They say it's going to be a bad tick season. HAH every year is a bad tick season around here. Nasty little buggers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

May  2015  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2015 !!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next