Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2015 !!

Go down 
+7
cb
NancyLee
Indyapp
sunny 57
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Ellen E
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

May  2015  !! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:31 pm

This morning, I took the jet ski to the fix-it store. The wiring to the dash panel isn't working, and Neighbor Travis has been working so many hours he hasn't had time to check it out. It should be ready to go as soon as the pier gets installed. Of course, that's a 'but first' thing. I need to paint the dock before it is put in the water for the summer. Today is too cold to want to paint anything outdoors. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:42 pm

GREYMARE I should know this week as they draw the blood and send it out, my doc did a ton of tests this time I am really looking forward to seeing my A-1c, it should be a lot lower as my numbers have been great will let you all know when the tests come back
I gave up my internet and wi-fi at the house as it got to expensive the park has free internet at the clubhouse, it forces me to get out of the house at least once a day to check e-mail and here, it is nice here the air is cold and I am right next to the pool and can check my mail more often as the boxes are here also so it is a win, win situation
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Sunny any way to save money is good and gets u outside too...but sorry you had to give up, I have to admit I would miss mine a lot. late night I cruise craigslist a lot.

Hubby and I went to doc this morning and got bloodwork done, will know results tomorrow.

My brother came up today, decided where to put his motorhome at and what needs to be done to get ready......he does things kind of slooooow!

We r just kicked backed now altho hubby is putting on a good show measuring things and looks real busy! lol

I need to clean out my car as we plan on going to independence tomorrow to look at new kia rio hatchback....just looking, but its in our price range and gets good mpg.....mine is ten years old now...still luvin it, not going to trade, but may give kyle a runaround car before he gets shipped out to either south korea or iraq.....pfffft....

Well, have a great day and week ahead...hope all is fine foops and foopettes.
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Just had our long weekend here in Canada, and everyone is settling in to work again. I got a little gardening in...so much to be done. Little bit at a time. It was nice warm weather. Back to cool but sunny temps today. I love it.

Today is making appointments for Mom and for me with doctors, hair, etc. then Jim and I will sneak away to the Starbucks in Peterborough while Mom is napping. We have a little load for donation to Value Village. Trying to dejunk all the time. It is ridiculous how much stuff we accumulate.

at this stage of the game, Jim and I have a "Re-retirement" plan, which includes getting stuff down to extreme minimalism so that we can be very mobile once Mom doesn't need us. We would love to just go try out various places to live.. Coast to coast perhaps. At this point, we think we'll start in Kingston ON, which coincidentally is where I was born. A lovely historic town with so much going for it. We go there every year for the great bluesfest they have, and we take my Mom down other times for little visits. She loves it there. We are going next week.

Then maybe Vancouver Island on the west coast, then who knows? Well, we have quite a while till we are able to do that

Well, off to the showers and out for our coffee date.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 12:21 am

Rick
Safe trip!

GRAYMARE
I have twinges occasionally, but so far the hip seems much better. Thanks....

ELLEN
It's cold at your house? It has been fairly warm here lately. I hope your jet ski gets well soon!

INDYAPP
Thanks for the No-Bute info. I will look into that for Zippy. He seems to get creakier all the time, age is catching up with him.

TRUDY
Your garden always sounds so great! I am terrible with plants.

SUNNY
I hope your tests work out really well! We didn't have Internet here for over a year when Verizon 'updated' and left out our neighborhood. It is amazing where you can get wifi! I would sometimes go sit in Lowes parking lot and get my email.

NANCY LEE
Your retirement plans sound very nice! I need to declutter and simplify our stuff, too.

CB
Got an auction planned this week?

We have our upper field's hay mowed. I hope the weather angels help us with some good hay weather!! We are also in the middle of making the Three Stooges a separate rooster bachelor pad. It is attached to the outside of the peacock/guinea/chicken dome's house so they can let themselves in at night. Right now I have to get the roosters into a cage in the dome every night to keep the fox and raccoon from getting them. The roosters don't appreciate my efforts on their behalf very much....

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Today wasn't exactly warm, but better than yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be much better, so it will be dock painting day, I hope. I got all the supplies this evening.

Ark, I hope you can get your hay baled and in the barn with no problems.

Nancy, my two-doors-over neighbors were full time RVers for 5 years. They LOVED it. They traveled all over the country, met a lot of people, saw a lot of nice scenery. I hope you have as much fun as they did.

As for decluttering, I decided a long time ago that we spend the first 50 years of our lives acquiring stuff and the next 50 getting rid of it. Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:17 am

It looks like it's going to be a really nice weekend. I'm off for the weekend, to help another cousin celebrate her birthday.
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Enjoy your visit Ellen!

Yes, I think the acquiring and dejunking 50 year cycle about says it. Perhaps we need to educate our children about the hazards of too much accumulation. But by the time those 50 years go by, our children are grown up, and we need to share it with the grandchildren. Not having raised children though, I am in no position to think that is an easy task! Ha!

Jim and I discussed last night that defining too much might include not keeping anything that we couldn't move ourselves without hiring a moving company, so that would probably mean less and lighter, smaller stuff as we get older and less able. Seeing as we won't be doing the RV thing this time, but getting apartments, we will still require regular furniture, but we'll make it smaller and lighter. Portable bbq, rather than the great big Weber, for instance.

Well, enough about that. It does occupy our minds a lot these days... Looking forward and working toward that unknown date when we will be living lighter and "untrammeled as the breeze".

Probably a number of us foops have a lot of experience to share in that department. I know Ellen that you designed your lovely house with things like that in mind...efficiency, designing with your own lifestyle in mind.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:47 am

My grandson THERIN graduates tomorrow, and today they had a program the class did, and he blew the family away as he sang a couple of songs and sang really good. we were amazed. none of us knew he could sing. he is a puter nerd....but he can sing, wow.
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:35 am

CB, how nice to discover that about your grandson. What a nice surprise for you. And great that he has that side of himself to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 3:39 pm

CB, what a neat thing for a
Gramma........I'm sure you were so proud!

Thanks to all vets and everyone have a good Memorial Day!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Bless all that have served, have given their all, their families, and those serving today and in the future......they give us our freedom to enjoy and live our lives.
THANK YOU VETERANS AND ALL OUR SOLDIERS.

Cleaned house, having friends melissa and danny over to play cards. I made some really good snacks! yum! hormel chili and cheese dip with chips, crackers and cream cheese (flavored kind...love em) chicken salad, deviled eggs, apple cobbler, pineapple chunks....I think we will eat more than play cards!

Tomorrow is breakfast with cousins and to the cemetary...and visit/catch up

Then next week each of us ol fogies have doc appts on different days...go figure!

My life is sooooo exciting...
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Sounds real nice for you there, glad you have nice neighbors and get together sounds like you have finally found your home so happy for you,
Thank you veterans for your service to our country have a great memorial day
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:34 pm

ELLEN
 Did your jet ski get fixed?  I bet that is fun to ride.  Some people have those on the New River, which is fine, but did concern me when I took Ivan across the 800foot bridge.  I didn't know how he would react with one zooming under him.  Luckily, they went in the other direction while we were on the bridge.  Ivan may not have cared anyway, he has been under a busy interstate bridge that was very noisy and didn't care.   Sometimes I am more nervous about things than he is....

DONNA
 Can you log in?  Looking forward to 'seeing' you here!

NANCY LEE
 I need one of those professional declutterers to come empty out my house and garage.  It overwhelms me, then doesn't get done.  I think ELLEN is right about the first 50 years.  I am 11 years overdue in decluttering. Rolling Eyes
Part of the problem is that both Donnie and I always think there will be a future use for something and hate to throw it away.  We need to get over that!

CB
Congrats to your grandson, and what a nice surprise to hear him sing!! ClappingHands

We are baling the hay tomorrow.  We had to wait an extra day and rework it because it rained a little on it.  We are in the midst of a great weather weekend and it should bale nicely tomorrow.  Getting it in the barn loft will be lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: IM HERE!!!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:37 am

Morning Folks, or FOOPS,

I did get into something yesterday with a straight line posting. Knew that this wasn't right. Spent I don't know how long this morning trying to find the right place to post. Im here!!!

New format for me so will take a little getting used to but just wanted you to know that I am alive and kicking (not high). I see the regular names on here still. Some I never see on AMMI at all and wonder about.

Have to get moving as the barn awaits. Colder than March here these last few days. SNOW in New Brunswick and parts of Nova Scotia yesterday. Wish it would warm up to be somewhat reasonable.

Ill get back later to see you all. Have a good day.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi DONNA....really glad you got here. We're all same ole same ole.
Or LOL, same older same older affraid affraid affraid
Sorry your weather is still crudsy.

We came up here to the mountains and it's quite chilly in the mornings.....about 30-34F Brrrr. The afternoons are nice at about 55-60. I had been hiking but came back as it really clouded up and got windy. My rain gear was back at the trailer so Rex & I hopped at it and got back. I keep calling him Rex as I had a dog named Rex as a kid. So, he could care less he just happily comes right along. As you drive a bit into NM there is a golf course and it's a riot watching golfers & deer. Because it's so cold up here, not many of the city folks are here yet.

NANCY LEE. Heavens, stuff. Gosh, touchy subject at our house. LOL, my junk is all very important. I have been weeding out tho for 3-4 years. Shocked

I sure hope RICK is not driving through TX & OK!

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Sad news on facebook, pam in florida loss her fiancee, RICH to massive coronary. she just retired recently and was looking forward to spending time with him and her horses. what a loss she is feeling.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 12:39 am

CB
How awful for Pam, I am so sorry to hear this. Donnie and I met him
6 or 7 years ago when we had a mini Foopfest in Florida. I hope Pam is okay.....

ELLEN
Hope you had a fun party with the cousins! We got our hay into the barn today, 137 bales from the upper field. We are sunburnt and tired, but have some nice hay!

DONNA
Welcome back! We now have both of our Canadians with us again! wavy
Do you still ride Tommy Girl? How are your granddaughters? Jack?

GRAYMARE
That sounds a little chilly! We went camping in AZ and NM when I was in high school. We were so badly prepared! We froze at night and fried during the day Laughing . June without air conditioning in the car was not a good idea, either. Rolling Eyes We still managed to have a great trip.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 12:56 am

CB, send hugs to Pam. So sorry for her loss, what a traumatic shock for
her.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:32 am

Morning Folks,

I did see the post from Pam and sent her a message. She was so looking forward to a long life with Rich.

Ark, I never did leave, just got very lazy about posting on anyplace except FB or AMMI. Life gets in the way of computers, lol. I got a new MacBook Pro after having Microsoft all those years. It is a learning curve for sure. I do have iPad and iPhone though so am a little ahead of just learning cold turkey.

Speaking of TURKEY, is Turk on here? I forget. Diana Thompson, remember her. She is fighting a medical condition right now and could stand all of your prayers. Also if any of you qualify for Stem Cell donating, please be tested or spread the word to those that do qualify. She is going to need it.

NANCY, I just scanned up a ways and see that you are trying to get rid of STUFF. Me too. Just too much here, especially clothes. Every time I watch a Hoarder program I vow to purge. I have three garbage bags of clothes that I don't wear waiting to go to our women's shelter. They take anything from clothing to bed linen and blankets.

Allison is coming home today and staying till Thursday. This is the first time since Christmas. I miss her so much. Erin is in Halifax and I see her more often that Allison. Both are going to school, Erin at Dalhousie and Allison at Community College in Stellarton (outside New Glasgow). She is living with her BF who is from Pictou County, has a great job and she is so happy. I love her BF and he is SO good to her, couldn't have picked a nicer guy for her myself.

I am still looking after Tommy Girl. I am getting older by the day and it really restricts my activities as I can't go like I want to. A few days at a time is all I can manage. Allison still has a year of school and Im hoping she can take her then.

CB, I did watch the video of your Grandson. What a great surprise.

All have a good day.

Donna

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:14 am

Holy cow, DONNA. I still remember those two darling girls on the ferry in their raincoats. Now they're practically grown. It's so wonderful to hear they are doing so well.

We're all getting older. It seems impossible that we've been chatting for about 20 yrs. I am in the mountains but when home, will find out where to get testing. I know it's simple, it's just tracking down the site and getting R done. I'm very sorry to read TURK is ill. Everyone will be facing something as our parts wear out.n

It's a bright sunny morning here and about 36F. Rex is loving these cold mornings but was plenty brisk at 5A when I took him out. We have been having a good holiday.......donuts & coffee with friends Sat. morning, fire station hot dog party Saturday afternoon
and fire station pancake breakfast yesterday at a lodge not too far
from here. They are fire station fund raisers, of course, and we got to see all our summer peeps. The forest service has maps, lots of kids' things and emergency info, etc. with emphasis on fire safety. The most interesting info for me was watching the "suit up" contest in which 5 firemen competed in a 2 min timed contest suiting up to fight. The gear close up is amazing and they cover their entire body so fire can't get to their skin. The tanks and masks are very heavy and when completely suited up, amazed me. I don't know how they are that strong to fight for hours and hours. I've always had a lot of respect for those fighting fires, I had never seen what it really takes. Seriously amazing.

Everyone have a good day. God bless, prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:36 am

DONNA
Turk has never posted here, although I would love to hear from her. What kind of medical condition is she battling? I hope she recovers fully.
I don't think they would let me donate stem cells since they won't take my blood. After all the blood transfusions and plasma exchanges I had three years ago, they say I have the blood of 90 people in me. Since it saved me, I would be happy to give back, but so far they won't let me give blood.

GRAYMARE
Every time you mention your new dog, he has a different name! hysterical
I am glad he is working out so well.

Ivan is limping on his left front leg this evening. There is no heat or swelling that I can detect. He and Areion galloped all over the upper field this afternoon when I let them up there for the first time in a couple of months. He wasn't limping before that, so I wonder if he has wrenched something. I gave him some Bute and will watch him closely tomorrow. It is the first time he has ever had a lameness issue in his life. I am not happy about it.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:12 am

Happy day after Memorial Day everyone.

Big thanks to all the Veterans for their service and sacrifice. It was a busy weekend around here.

We had a big Memorial Day program at church that George & I put together. He did all the speaking stuff & I did the work horse & secretary stuff. It was wonderful. The church gave out 3 awards and is putting bricks in the Veteran Memorial Walkway for 3 of our older Veterans. 2 Koreans Vets and one WWII Vet. we had the program for both services, so it was a busy day. There wasn't a dry eye in the place when Butch read the POW prayer (his own father was a POW in Germany) & Taps was played. What a great tribute to the men and women who gave all for our country.

We had gotten special hats for the Vets, but ran out in the first service. No one knew there were that many Veterans in the church. They were filing up to the altar, it was a sea of patriots. We had to order more hats for the second service. About 80 went forward in the first service and around 30 in the second. WOW

We had to skip the Memorial Day parade this year, just couldn't fit it into our crazy schedule. Had a little cookout yesterday with daughter Amy, hubby Nate and grandson Rodney (who is thinking about enlisting in the Navy, after graduation next month). Amy & Nate were both in the Navy, so Rod is following in their footsteps.

The garden is doing fine, all the plants are in the ground and growing. Now the hard work starts, watering and weeding. Not my favorite things.

Love & prayers.....

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:33 am

OK, Folks, how do I insert a picture on here. I see the insert an image spot but after that am lost. I want to send a picture of the girls for you to see. If you aren't on AMMI or FB you would not have seen them for a very long time. Allison did arrive here yesterday afternoon and is here till Thurs. SO glad to see her.

Raining here right now. Cant have a few days in a row with warm weather and o rain. Think this is going to be a terrible summer! Have not had spring yet.

If someone could direct me, step by step, how to insert a pic. I would be happy.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Home again, home again........ after a very nice weekend.
The cousin from California was VERY SURPRISED and touched that we would all gather for her birthday party. The party was held at a little restaurant on a big reservoir. Nice place with good food. One of the cousins brought his big boat, so we got some rides in that. Big fun! It's an inboard and has that beautiful inboard sound.
Sunday, we spend the afternoon and evening watching the Indy 500 and then the NASCAR 600. Yesterday, we just hung out, not doing much of anything.
Today, I started for home, stopped at Sam's Club, and picked up the jetski from the fix-it shop. It's fixed, but my wallet is a little thinner.

Donna, go to picturetrail.com. You will have to register, but it's free. Then just follow their directions to upload pictures, then use the forum URL to do a copy/paste to here. That site seems to work pretty well. By the way, it's really good to have you back.
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:02 pm

So very sorry to hear about Pam's Rich. How awful for her.

Ark, hope Ivan will be back to normal tomorrow. I bet he did turn something running around being goofy.

Yes, nobody wants my blood either, due to autoimmune things and meds I take. I always wish I could still give blood whenever they have clinics.

Kingston was great. We drove around here and there, doing Memory Lane for my mom. Went to a restaurant in the village my dad and grandmother grew up in. The restaurant is nicely done, and in a building which used to be my grandfather's gas station/auto repair garage. Very neat. And there was an old man at the next table from a neighbouring village who remembered my grandfather. Used to come get gas there. Sheez! That is a coincidence.

Beautiful weather for driving around the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario. Gorgeous views.

Ellen so glad that another party went so well .

And also Trudy, that sounds like a great service you and George planned and carried out. Very nice.

Must go. The iPad is telling me I have a low battery. Time to recharge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2015 !!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next