Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2018

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm

JULY 2018 !

July 2018 13912510
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm

sunny sunny sunny  Welcome to July! sunny sunny sunny

The cats are melting here, along with the horses and us.  It's going to be above 90 degrees for the next few days, at least.  We are rehanging the barn fans today after dusting and cleaning them up.  They need the breeze down there in the barn.  

Donnie and kid got two of the trailer brakes done yesterday and will do the other two next Saturday.  He was amazed at the terrible condition of the brakes, despite us having the garage work on them last year.  We don't think they did.  The wiring and brakes were crumbling.  We are lucky we didn't have a big problem.  

We may go see the new Jurassic Park movie today or tomorrow while it is so hot. alien  It looks like fun.  popcorn   We saw the Incredibles 2 on Friday and that was really fun.  They did a great job on it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Jaemi is feeling better, she inhaled a lot of stinky gas from that ruptured mainline. Firefighters, police, gas line workers were there for 2 days, houses evacuated. Everyone is well, but displaced an entire liw income family, their mobile home was demolished, condemned. It bent the whole frame, knocked it off the blocks. They are so lucky to all be alive.
Just kickin today, in high 80s here.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Jaemi is feeling better, she inhaled a lot of stinky gas from that ruptured mainline. Firefighters, police, gas line workers were there for 2 days, houses evacuated. Everyone is well, but displaced an entire liw income family, their mobile home was demolished, condemned. It bent the whole frame, knocked it off the blocks. They are so lucky to all be alive.
Just kickin today, in high 80s here.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 7:31 am

ARK: Can I go with you to see the new Jurassic Park movie? PLEASE...I can't talk any of my friends into going with me. I LOVE those dino movies. I drive George crazy with those movies. I can watch them over and over. I should have been a paleontologist instead of an accountant. LOL

CB:  Glad Jamie is doing OK after that nightmare.

We were in the Veteran parade on Saturday.  WHEW it was HOT HOT and HOT.  Glad we weren't walking.  Not as many people were out this year.  Too hot for the older people to sit out in the sun.

My friends have been falling down in record numbers lately.  Donna fell and broke her hip, Carol fell and broke her femur, Donna (who is 83) fell but didn't break anything.  Richard fell and is paralyzed, broke his neck. Dee fell out of her wheelchair. Gosh this falling down stuff has got to stop.  Please everyone be CAREFUL.

Dee & I are off to be Meals on Wheels today. She is making Diane dinner and I'll do the delivering of the food. Gotta take care of our friend who is recovering from her triple bypass.

Stay cool during this little heat wave.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 11:08 pm

I got my rodeo T shirt today........."You're only free because of someone's sacrifice"
I'm so ready for the 4th.

The rodeo grounds are buzzing, I went there today. I love the people and watching, the kittle kids are a riot.......I'm not going to the actual rodeo, I've seen so many and it's too hot in the sun.

See you later.......praying for all friends of foops.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 pm

All the troops that are coming are here. The two boys started doing all the lake stuff as soon as they got out of the trucks. Cousin was given a 1956 Evinrude outboard motor that is in mint condition. He and his brother replaced some parts and it runs like brand new. 14 year old Alex has already given it some exercise, and will probably go through a few gallons of gas this week.
6 year old Roman has tried fishing - no catching, just fishing - shooting a water cannon, and got out his remote controlled boat.
8 month old Golden Doodle, Mabel, has been up and down the hill a few times, and started finding out that water is fun.
It's going to be a busy week. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 8:22 pm

And a fun week. Makes ya feel alive when life is.busy and full of good company.

GM, i like the saying in your shirt.
Going to a concert in the park tonight, Army bands. Free.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 10:50 am

Happy Independence Day everyone.............I ave a big heart for
America and for which it stands.............one nation under God,
for liberty and justice for ALL.

Everyone have a blessed day and stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Happy Independence Day!

July 2018 Donkey10

We are grilling steaks, peppers, and corn on the cob this afternoon to celebrate.  Drool  

TRUDY:
 We still haven't gotten to the dinosaur movie yet, so there's still time for you to come along with us! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Ark, that is just about the cutest picture ever!  Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA!!!!

It's been a busy few days, with more to come. We are all having a good time, even with the heat. One more day of hot, then it will get a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Happy Independence Day!!!!!  Land of the Free because of The BRAVE.

ARK:  OMG what a sweet picture....Love it...
Wish I lived closer I would be at the dino movie with you.

Not doing much today, just hanging out on the farm and catching up on things that need done.  Our flags are all flying in the breeze.

I made macaroni salad to go with the burgers we will be grilling later.  Used those crazy eggie things to make my hard boiled eggs with.  They went nuts and all fell over in the pan.  YIKES...they are more trouble than they are worth. I felt like Lucy in the chocolate factory.  LOL   It's easier to just peel the darn eggs.

Worked in the garden this morning before the sun came up.  Cooler temps are headed our way later this week.

Enjoy a great day everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Ohhhhh, my gosh!!! I am sooo full. Pressure cooked and broiled potatoes, two kinds of salad, and an inch thick marinated pork chop! I was getting full, but just kept eating until I finished it. So, now I get to be miserably full for a few hours. I enjoyed every bite.
I hope all of you got to eat too much or your favorite foods too.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 11:03 pm

ELLEN, ditto. Different food......................

God bless America.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 11:59 pm

That is a cute photo of the kid on his donkey! The donkey looks to be the size of our Cactus Jack, but is infinitely better trained... Very Happy Cactus lives an easy life. Today I was able for the first time in the nearly 20 years we have had him to spray him all over with flyspray. He still thought he was going to die, but let me do it. A bath would kill him. Rolling Eyes

We never left our property today. We made waffles for breakfast, then cooked out steaks for dinner. Yum! We haven't had steak in a long time....not sure why that is. It was great! We grilled enough for another meal and grilled hamburgers for a future meal since we had the grill going. We also grilled mushrooms, peppers and onions and made corn on the cob and potato salad. Drool We should do this more often.

It was so hot today, 94 degrees and humid, our normal is 82 for this date. I had grazing muzzles on the horses until they just pleaded with me to take them off, so i did. Having to breathe in a black mask has got to be uncomfortable on a good day and today it was brutal. I took them off and fed them hay for the day. Daisy's method of pleading is to sidepass down the hill beside me as I walk toward the barn. It's very effective. Laughing

I rode both horses on Monday afternoon, despite the heat. We didn't get started until 5:30 pm, so had shade most of the time. Sunday we are taking them to Pandapas for a trail ride, it will be only 80 degrees! It will feel like fall after the heatwave we have had.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm

YAY. It's raining....................

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 pm

There is rain to the west of us, but I think it is going to go south of us and miss us. But, it is going to bring a weather change for the better. Cooler and less humid.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Wow! What a change! A welcome change. Yesterday, and the previous several days were so miserably hot and humid. A big change came through with a band of rain that didn't hit us. Today is just over 70°, with a cool wind blowing. After all the heat, it almost feels cold.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 am

Home from the mtns. Fed horses early, Rex had a good run, & I'm back in.
It's fun for me to be with them. They're fine & healthy. Their manes are short.
I didn't think I'd like it, but much easier than brushing them out daily. They're
slick & shiney and happy eating grass. It seems strange to be finished with work by 7A but there you have it. I'm going to call Rex' groomer and see if she can bathe him & shave him.........or at least find out when she can. It's good to be home
for a bit. BUT. It's hot, for sure

I've got weeds to mow.......... Mad

Everyone have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 3:27 pm

GRAYMARE:
welcome home! I just made an appointment to have Shadow groomed yesterday. He goes next Friday for washing, shedding out those tough to shed spots, and nail trimming. The nice thing about Shadow is that he really doesn't smell doggy at all. I really appreciate that. I've had a couple of really smelly beasts in the past.

ELLEN:
We have had a break in the weather, too! :dance: It is 77 degrees here today and feels wonderful. We got some much needed rain last night when the front went through, our grass was getting crunchy. It's happier today. The hay fields are not growing very fast, the lack of rain and extreme heat is not good for the grass. I am going to have to buy hay, I suspect.

Donnie is fixing the last two brakes on the horse trailer as I type. He and the neighbor kid should finish up this afternoon. If they get it done, we are hauling the horses to Pandapas tomorrow for a trail ride with Lori. The weather will be great for that! flower

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 12:21 pm

There were lots of boats on the lake last evening to watch the fireworks. Those lasted about an hour. Cousin's brought a 7 month old Golden Doodle with them. She has been a really great dog this week. She's a puppy, but very gentle and sensible. The fireworks didn't bother her in the least. Thus far, she has managed to completely destroy two "indestructible" chew toys. ROFL
One cousin has already left this morning. She likes to get home early enough to get reorganized for the next work week. Three more and the pup will leave later today. The other three will leave Wednesday.
Then, in August one and a friend will be here for the weekend.
It's been a busy, but good week.

The weather Friday, Saturday, and today is GREAT. Around 80° with clear blue skies.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 am

Sounds like eveyone had a nice cooler weekend.  That last week was a rough HOT one.

My weekend was crazy..You know the says "we make plans and God laughs"  That was my weekend.

First my beautician called and had to cancel my hair cut, she had cataract surgery and things didn't go well, she managed to get an infection in her eye and had to have 3 shots of a special antibiotic IN HER EYE.  OUCH....OK so I took my SUV over to the church to a car wash.  George took his truck too, the kids did a great job on his truck.  There about 10 kids washing and drying and it looks marvelous.  My SUV not so much.  By the time they got to mine most of the kids had given up all the hard work.  I brought my girl home and washed her myself.  The very thing I was trying to avoid.  Oh well, it was a $10 donation to the kids for their trip.

Tomorrow is my second cataract surgery day.  OH boy...I'll be glad to get it over with.  I'm a little nervous now that Ruth's didn't go so well.  We had different surgeons though and she didn't have to do a lot of things that are on my spreadsheet.  She didn't even have to wear a patch on her eye at night so she didn't rub it in her sleep, that's what caused the infection.

RICK:  I'll be fine..you know I will.  piece of cake. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Prayers for your eye surgery tomorrow, TRUDY. You're almost finished
so hope all is well.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 10:41 pm

TRUDY:
  I can't wait until this is all over for you and you are able to count the leaves on top of the trees with no glasses on!  I bet it will go fast and easily and you will wear your patch to sleep and not have any issues. What a Face What a Face What a Face
 It has been so nice and cool here the last few days.  It has been wonderful.  We do need rain, though.  The hay fields around here are only producing about  half what they normally do.  It has been very dry.  I am going to have to buy hay after all.

I rode both horses at Pandapas Pond yesterday.  We did some very steep trails that I hadn't been on before.  I don't mind going up, but didn't like the steepness going down the hills.  It was pretty up there in the woods.  Ivan was in his 'nearly' dragon mode, lots of energy.  He was manageable, though.  He likes the cool weather a lot.   He did a mini-spook when a bike popped around a curve, but I caught him before it got too bad.  Later, a guy on a bike stopped to let me and Jenny pass, but started moving before Areion had passed him.  He was aimed right at her.  She spooked big time and Lori had a time keeping her seat for a few seconds.  Areion ended up in the bushes.  I hope it scared that guy tremendously.  He could have waited 10 more seconds.  Bikes don't usually bother either horse.  

Areion settled down pretty quick and was fine after that.   After our rather strenuous ride up and down the rocky hills,  she was fairly tired.   So I got on her and rode her the last mile and a half.  I didn't have any problems with her except that she had lost a hoof boot and was tender on the rocks.  That mile and a half took a long time to do, we had to walk slowly for her feet.  She may end up having to wear shoes, her hooves aren't as tough as Ivan's.  Ivan didn't have rear hoof boots on and was fine.  Areion had all four boots on until she kicked one off.

It was a good ride, I had fun.  Very Happy

July 2018 Loridi10 End of ride.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 am

Ark, it must have been a fun ride. After all this time, you have two horses that can and will do what you've always wanted.

Trudy, check in when you can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2018   July 2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2018
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next