Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAY 2019

Go down 
+2
Ellen E
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:15 am

CB:
I hope Harry is feeling better, and you, too.  If I had all  your adventures, I would have an ulcer, too.

ELLEN:
 I love hummingbirds!  I haven't seen one here in awhile, probably because I don't have the right kind of flowers around the house.  

GRAYMARE:
 Thanks, I think I am okay.  They are just checking for how many times a month I have an aFib event and how long they last.  I hope they don't want to put me on a blood thinner.  I went to donate blood today and they wouldn't let me do it because I have the monitor on me....like that makes it any different than any other time I have donated blood.  Rolling Eyes

Guess who Donnie and I had lunch with yesterday?  SVET!!  We really enjoyed seeing her.  The last time we saw her was in 2004 at the KY Foopfest.  I can't believe it has been that long.  She looked just the same.  I don't think she can say that about us!  ROFL   She was traveling to her niece's wedding and swung by here on her return trip.  It was wonderful seeing her again.

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Img_2210
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 6:13 pm

It's so good to "see" Svet again. I'm sure you had a great visit.

I saw that Tim Conway died this morning. He was probably one of the funniest guys I ever saw. He had the greatest sense of humor that didn't hurt anybody. He was just plain funny. Some of the skits they did on the Carol Burnett Show will be remembered for years and years.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Oh ARK, what a great pic of you & SVET.............What a great day for you guys.

I'm in the hospital with T. We went for testing on Friday for a possible stent............he had
triple bypass instead...............he was miserable afterwards on Saturday, but better now.
We go home on Friday. Delayed going to the mountains.................

That's about it for here right now..............

God bless. He sure has blessed us.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Wow! Graymare! I'm so sorry to hear that TL needed a triple bypass, but so thankful he got the treatment he needed with no delay. Prayers headed your way for a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 11:30 pm

GRAYMARE:
Wow, I am really sorry about TL having to have heart surgery. It is amazing what they can do for hearts these days, so I am sure he will be out doing whatever TL does for fun soon. Big hugs for you both!!! hug

ELLEN:
That was sad about Tim Conway and Doris Day this week. I heard Tim had some kind of dementia, poor fellow. He was an amazing entertainer.

Donnie mowed our lower field yesterday. He will be 'fluffing' it up for a couple of days and hopefully bale it on Friday. We have two victims to help us move it into the barn. I will be driving the truck, Donnie and the helpers will do the loading. For once a broken leg is kind of convenient for me Laughing .

I went to the bone doctor about my leg yesterday. He says I do PT until the end of May and I can 'carefully' ride my horse on June 1. He would rather I not ride at all. That's not going to happen. He said he sees a lot of people who break things because of horses.....well, yeah. That happens. Keeps him in business.Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Ark, two weeks isn't very long.  By the time you get haying done, you'll be ready to ride.  Smile

Late spring, early summer is finally here.  It has warmed up to the high 70s.  I mowed the yard again so it would look good for the weekend.  Everybody around here slicks up their places before the weekends because there are lots more people cruising around just looking at the houses.
The neighborhood is looking normal for summer. The docks are in, the boats and pontoons are sitting by the docks, and a few fishermen are out and about.
Not much else going on right now.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 6:47 am

GRAYMARE:  WOW prayers going up for you & TL.  What a shock that had to be.

Witnessed a miracle yesterday.  My freind Dee who has MS and has spent the last 20 years in a motorized wheel chair WALKED into the Barnabas meeting.  With a walker of course.  You should have seen the looks of people faces.  It was a amazing.  I'm so proud of her, she has been taking physical therapy and losing weight so she can walk.  Her next big adventure is to walk into church service some Sunday.  I know she will be able to do it.  Nothing stops this wonderful determined lady.

I think it may have stopped raining for a couple of days and finally going to start to warm up.  We might be able to get some outside work accomplished next week.  The weeds are loving all the rain and growing like well weeds.  LOL

ARK:  Those 2 weeks will fly by.  Hang in there.  Remind your doctor that people also break things that have never ridden a horse.  Heck I broke my ankle walking on the frosty grass.  Life is a risky proposition.  How cool is it that you got to visit with Svet?  Don't we love seeing our Foops friends in person.  Hope CB & Harry make it back to PA this summer for a visit.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Trudy, I'll bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house when she came in the door. That is just wonderful that she is working so hard to improve.

I just heard a few minutes ago that Pirkko will be coming home from rehab next Thursday. That is sooner than they first projected so, she must be doing well. She had an appointment with the surgeon yesterday, who released her.

Ark, are you going to be able to get your hay in without it getting rained on?

Graymare, did TL get home today?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm

TRUDY:
 Here is your photo of Dee.  Wow, she is doing wonderfully!!!   wavy

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Resize10
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 11:23 pm

ELLEN:
It was rained on this morning. Donnie turned and fluffed it all day long and has it in windrows. It's now after 10 pm and is being rained on again.....sigh.... With it in windrows, it has some protection. Hopefully it won't rain much. He'll be turning and fluffing it again tomorrow.

My hired kid and I got the peacock's and roosters' houses cleaned up. I hope to get the enclosure and dome painted and restored so I can get some new chicks. I am down to 3 roosters and a peacock. Not many eggs from that bunch.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2019 12:23 am

GM our menfolk need to quit scaring us like this. Hope all went well and he feels better. Hubby had a dr appt with test results by teleview...dr was on tv....weird...but new technology....

Ark..glad Svet got to come by. I love the foop visits. Hope you get your hay in.

Trudy...still planning on coming home....depends on repat of bloodwork in 2 weeks and some dental work needed.
Your friend looks so happy...good for her.

I have sciatica pain in my back and butt cheeks of all places....dang.....falling apart. And rain here for next week doesnt help. I definately do better in dryer climate.
Digs arnt hapoy without their long walks...but its just coming down and snowing in the mts. Did you all see the graduation in colirado in the snow. The graduates had to wear winter coats under their gowns
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2019 11:30 am

ELLEN, yes.

Preakness today............only 11 horses.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Racing coverage starts at 2:00 EST on NBCsn, sports network. At 5:00 it shifts to regular NBC.
I just checked the weather and it looks like it will be a dry track.

Just got word last evening that Pirkko will be coming home from rehab on Thursday, just a little sooner than first thought.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:14 pm

ARK … look at rain as rinsing the dust and chaff off your hay. Critters will have real clean food this winter. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ive been plagued with a contrary Kubota tractor and mowing deck, but hopefully thats behind me for awhile now. One big issue I have iw getting my hands into where I trying to disconnect / reconnect something and my arms bruise so easily. I usually manage to "donate" blood from bruised areas. Finished up today and NO donation of blood ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Im I the first to complain this year about the heat?? Was in the upper 80's this afternoon while I was mowing and that was too hot for me!!

My love to all … Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Today's races were safe and fun to watch.
Now, off to NASCAR.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes, safe, but boring.........the industry has taken a big hit over the Derby.............
just JMHO.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:02 pm

I get a little tired of the celebrity coverage. I don't care what so-called "stars" are in attendance. But, I always like watching them run.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 9:11 am

Glad to see the Board is back......I guess they had some repair/maintenance to do...........

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 10:57 am

I am not sure what happened here yesterday, but I couldn't get in either. I guess it is fixed now.

RICK:
Donnie 'fluffed' that hay up until it dried. We, and 2 helpers, got in 122 bales of very nice hay! I did more than I should on my healing knee and will take a few days to get over it, but the hay is lovely and stacked in the barn loft for next winter. Last year this cutting was only 69 bales, about half as much as usual, so this year promises to be more productive. I am not sure my barn kid will want to come do hay again. He found out he had to work pretty hard!

We watched the final episode of Game of Thrones last night and enjoyed it. Since we subscribed to HBO just to watch this series, I suspect we will discontinue it soon. I guessed wrong as to who would end up the king or queen. The dragon was spectacular!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 11:46 am

I'm glad to see that the board is back up and running again.  Last evening, it wouldn't open for me either.  

After a beautiful Saturday, yesterday was partly rainy and cloudy all day.  Today is colder and cloudy.  Can't wait for real spring, although I'm guessing we will skip spring completely and go straight to summer.
I have three loaves of bread just about ready to come out of the oven.  Smile

A few hours later: It's a cloudy chilly day, so I decided that I'd make a little trip up to Shipshewana to the bulk food store. It's a little farther to go than stores around here, but the prices are so good it's worth it to drive there. I like the drive since it goes through the middle of Amish country. Some of the smaller fields had some spindly legged brand new babies. There were some heavy duty babies too.
One farmer was mowing hay with a 6 abreast team. Another was plowing with a 4 in hand team; those big guys were really having to work. There were several buggies going up and down the road. I came up behind one horse pulling a buckboard. He found something to shy from and started to swing into my lane of traffic. I did a major slow down and waited until he was traveling straight again. The driver waved to thank me. Too many people don't have a clue about what horses can do and will brush by them way too close.
I got my few groceries at E&S and then went to the Bluegate to enjoy some green beans, mashed potatoes, and fried chicken. Some of the chicken came home with me. I managed to get out the door without indulging in any of their perfectly sinful baked goods. Whew! That was a close one. Drool
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Shooooot.....my sciatica needs mri. What else is going to go south.
Hubbys tests are good...but he needs a lower denture and teeth pulled.
We should have kept on traveling and not come home.

Mire rain headed our way...snow in higher elevations...kind if cold and dark stormy rainy weather. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

CB, sorry to hear you and Harry are having so many problems.

I'm soooo tired of rain. It seems to rain all the time.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 9:49 am

I would like to have seen the six horse hitch working the fields. Wow.

We have had a stretch of dry, hot, sunny weather. There are hay fields mowed all around us. Donnie wants to wait and let our upper field grow a bit more before mowing it. He needs the rest anyway. Yesterday we got a load of sawdust for bedding and had our farm working kid unload it. Donnie trimmed Cactus's feet while the kid shoveled in the next stall. I cleaned the barn in the morning to free both of them up to shovel and trim feet in the afternoon.

It's going to be a bit cooler today, mid 70s and partly cloudy, but about 90 degrees the rest of the week. affraid Too hot for May.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 10:06 am

Too cold and rainy for May. Laughing
A thunderstorm went through early this morning and took out the internet and TV.  To my utter surprise, it came back by about 9:30. I expected it to be off for hours.
On the good side, I saw an eagle fly close by.  I love to see them.  I don't know where their nest is, but maybe there will be more of them soon
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Nice cool day in AZ..........72 degrees, breezy, & sunny. Sorry ELLEN, hope your weather
straightens around. Boy, the SE just can't catch a break.

T is doing well at the center and is asking to come home..........He doesn't come home til next Thursday.
It'll be one long week.

Horses are fine.................

God bless & prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm glad to hear that TL is improving and will be home soon.

Pirkko came home today. I'm going down to stay with her for a few hours while her husband goes for a podiatrist appointment tomorrow. She feels like she made a prison break.

After a cloudy start, it turned into a really nice day. Today was mow-the-yard day. Then, the fun part of the day was this evening. A preschool graduation is always cute. Based on what I have seen from Miss Lilah, they do a good job of teaching some early basics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2019   MAY 2019 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY 2019
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next