Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
sunny 57
Karen E. Teague
Beech
TWHRider
Manygatess
tuffwheelr
marknsvet
silverdancer
Rick Angell
Carol W
Indyapp
Donna
Ellen E
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
cb

August  2012 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Jinx is whisperin' in our ears to have at it...tell our pet peeves since his idol Rick did it...he says we can do it too! Honest Injun! He must have been in the sun a lot this summer he was sportin' freckles all over! Yep, now I'd have to say my pet peeve is not having Jinx show up naked on my doorstep What a Face ...but he was covered and I mean COVERED in freckles! Ya gotz to get control of that lil booger, Rick! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Ohhh boy. CB, I just wish more mothers would take serious action when a child misbehaves. At the store, there are screaming kids in there all the time. They scream and yell and cry at the top of their lungs and the mothers just keep walking along like they don't hear a thing and make NO attempt to quiet the kid. By the end of a work shift, we've had just about all we can take.
A couple of weeks ago, two little girls thought it would be great fun to play tag around our display tables. I suggested that might not be the best idea around %10,000 machines. They did stop. Their father was sitting there and never batted an eye. Never even acknowledged that they'd done anything or that I'd said anything. I wanted to smack HIM.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

Very happy as it looks like a couple breaks have come our way.

CB my grandson is starting college this year. He made
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 am

OL MAN, good for your grandson! Jessi is going to school too...keeping busy...she is working on her third Associates and her first Bachelors...???? I don't know I'm not a college knowledge person, but it should help her with the job she is trying to set up for when she retires.

It's good to hear from you!

ELLEN, that's the problem, if they correct the kids by smackin' the behind some do gooder would turn them in! and they would be in trouble, so they have learned to mentally block them out, wish we all could do that! Heck, I've wanted to smack a behind or two in the store! Kids are terrible and it makes shopping a chore to listen to one scream the whole time.

Sweet Dreams Y'all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 pm

CB, when you were a kid, did you hear the line, "Stop that crying or I'll give you something to cry about."
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 pm

I not only heard it, but got it, and I behaved myself afterwards in stores! Cuz back then it could be humilating when ya got it in front of others...they didn't take us home to whup our butts we got it right then and there! but it was effective...didn't misbehave in the store ever again!

well, made my trip to the base and got my prescriptions picked up, and then got a few groceris so I have something to feed hubby when he is up Fri and Sat...gotz to feed the hungry man!

Still very warm not as hot, but WARM...and the valley is full of smoke from the fires unless there is a new one I don't know about burning closer? Hard to breathe out there....I'll wait for a few hours before I fee...maybe it will disperse a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 pm

CB, I do not remember breaking loose from my mother and running amok in a service at church. I'm told her reaction prevented my ever doing it again. I was summarily removed, disciplined and returned to the starting point. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I would be scared to death to let a lone child run thru the store by itself...in this day and age. I always had my kids stay together...even when they dated, I kept telling them there is safety in numbers, stay with at least one other person. I know my girls were tough girls and would have screamed and put up a fight...but sometimes its just not enuf...so always stay with someone. When Jessi was running getting ready to go in the military I rode my bike behind her and she was 18! But small for her age, so was worried. She ran with the dog sometimes, and that big ol great dane wouldn't have let anyone get to her! without going down first...but at least I felt like that would buy her a few seconds and she could run pretty fast! It would be my greatest fear and worst time of my life to have a child taken/abducted and not know what, where, if...how does one go on...I would be looking everywhere trying to find my child..it would literally drive me crazy I think.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:01 am

CB, I'll bet her basic training gave her some extra self-protection training.
At the store we have a recently-hired girl who is in the Air National Guard. She's already been to Iraq. Very pretty girl, blond, blue-eyed, very feminine looking. When the manager was training her, part of that training was talking about how to be safe walking to a car at night. Emily told the manager that if somebody tried to attack her, she thought she could rough 'em up pretty good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:17 pm

yep, I'll bet she could! but I think we have to face the fact that Most men are a bit stronger than us gals...so I say be prepared have keys out with a lil mace thingy attached! or a tiny pistol that shoots one shot! I know Jessi is tough...she trains troops and she doesn't slack with them...if she can do it, she thinks everyone can do it, and do it they do, becuz she expects them to! and I think with her red hair they really don't want to tee her off! Laughing but they do receive combat training that would help them in a situation like that for sure.

Jaemi, 5 ft. tall and 112 lbs was a prison guard in medium security....she had good training too...and the two times she needed it to save her life, she used it and put them in the hospital!....the last time she had a broken collar bone tho from being slammed against the wall...but she won the battle. She did that job for six years and moved on....said she just couldn't sleep anymore, she thought someone was going to attack...I can't blame her. But the fact she survived the attacks says she is one tough cookie, and I'm proud of her for being able to do that when the time calls for it.
Randi was in the Army, so she also got training....I would hate to see some guy try to take all 3 of them on at one time! Actually I'd like to watch that, cuz I havn't a doubt in the world those 3 would make mincemeat out of someone! ClappingHands ClappingHands me cheering them on!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 pm

My pet peeve:

Cell phones and texting in theatres. Some folks just can't go two hours without their fix. Sooooo rude.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 am

that's why I wait til the movie comes out on video...watch at home. We were at a concert once, paid darn good money for the tickets and some idiot was using his cell phone and texting in front of us and the light on the phone was very annoying....I actually leaned forward to ask them to turn it off when I spilled some of my drink down their back....I BAD....oops...I apologized, but told them why I was leaning forward to ask them to leave and talk so I could enjoy the concert I paid lots for to watch....and then I flashed my badge that ws in my purse...(I had to wear it on my uniform when I worked for security at the federal courthouse)...I didn't have any more trouble and enjoyed the concert! bounce rabbit Dingy people. I only ever spend that kind of money if its someone I REALLY want to see...and I wanted to enjoy it! Some twit had a cigarette lighter flicking it and I asked if I could borrow it so I could go have a smoke and she handed it over and I stuck it in my purse, told her I needed it when we had a break and "thanx"...she didn't have the nerve to ask for it back..and others around us close were laughing at the way I got her lighter! teehee...sometimes ...ya just gotta do it. Havn't been to another concert except the free one with Rodney Atkins that came thru awhile back..can't see spending the money when people have to screw around like that! I'll just watcch it on tv or get the cd.

We have LOTS of smoke in the valley last few days...they say the fires won't be out until we get a good rain or snowfall...maybe in October or later.

Hubby will be home in the morning, GS is coming over and we'll load both trailers with hay on top and tarp it getting ready for the trip down. Kyle leaves for farrier school on the 5th of Sept, so we have to do it now. Just when I get a horse shoer in the family we move away! Hubby is a pretty good one too, but his back doesn't hold up quite as good as it use to....but he'll do ours at least.

sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:29 pm

I had a hard time getting logged in tonight. Usually, I stay logged in all the time, but after trying several times, and getting a new password, I FINALLY got here. Since there's been no activity since yesterday, I wonder if others are having the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:30 am

Ellen
I had to log in also when I should have already been logged in. I don't know why it logged me out...cranky website.

Tomorrow I will change the thread, so watch out for more cranky website problems.

Pretty day here today, but hot. We are preparing for our second hay cutting...if Isaac will leave us alone. I want to bring Daisy and Areion home as soon as that is done. I would like to have all my ducklings home.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:43 pm

I got a new router to see if that would improve my internet speed so I could watch videos online. Well, it worked. While I was testing it out, I ran into this video. It's rather long, but I really enjoyed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkK29D6NHQQ&feature=fvwrel
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Ellen
What is the video about? I am still on my Kindle and video deprived.

Okay... I was hoping to be able to use Donnie's cellphone to get internet on the computer, but his cellphone has developed a glitch and I am stuck with just the Kindle to change this month's thread. We will have to look at the same logo photo a while longer. Sorry about that......

Go to "Basket" and then click on September 2012 to find the current thread. See you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2012
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7