Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FEBRUARY 2020

Go down 
+2
Manygatess
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Ark, I'm not tired at all. It's winter and there isn't too much to do around here. I did embroider a t-shirt for a neighbor and I'm going to make a jacket for another friend. Nothing too strenuous. LOL
It's good to hear that Donnie is doing well. Is his knee already feeling better than it did before the surgery? I've heard that happens fairly shortly after the surgery.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:08 am

ELLEN:
Yes, he doesn't have the bone on bone pain he had, but does have pains related to the incision, PT and reclaiming the range of movement he needs. He is almost looking forward to getting the other knee done and being pain free. Hopefully that will happen in the fall. We may not have two winters in a row with the relatively nice weather we have had this year. I don't like driving in icy, snowy weather.

Poor Daisy's feet are still so painful. I got some orange flavored Bute powder for her today which she takes better than the crushed tablets that taste kind of like Tylenol. She is so funny. When she decides she isn't going to be able to avoid me giving it to her, she droops her lip to the left and lets me give it to her Laughing . I hope her feet heal soon. She was doing so well until the farrier trimmed her way too much. I look forward to Donnie's knees feeling good and him trimming Daisy himself. He does a much better job of it. Daisy turns 17 this April. I first saw her when she was 6 weeks old and she came here to live when she was 18 months old. She is such a sweet mare.

"They" say it is going to snow tomorrow, a couple of inches. I won't complain....much. We haven't had much snow at all this year and it will be in the 50s over the weekend.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Oh boy. Now it's cloudy, windy, cool, and going to rain..............I'm already hunkered down. I got a load of
hay this week, delivered and stacked. I dislike paying for it, but I just can't do it any more. I can drag bales
out, but can't stack them. And. somehow, Rex can't do it either. I checked the weather up in the mountains and it
said tornados.............I can't believe it............hope it's high winds.

That picture of that little boy on the mini is too cute.

Is there anything. on TV on Friday nights? It's a good night for TV..............ha, then I'll drop off to sleep.

Everybody have a good night. God bless.

Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 pm

I don't find much on TV on Friday nights, so I switch to the Amazon Fire stick and find something I like. I look for Jeanne Robertson videos, or some other comedy. Much better.

It's still cold at night, but the days are beginning to be a bit better. Perma-gloom seems to be loosening its grip a little too. We've had a few more days of sun; very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Things are slowing down here a bit. We close by wednesday.
Been cold at night here in the teens but in 40s days...but wind chill its in 30s.
Hubbys knee needs more pt....sigh....but hes doing pretty good.
My dentist ive been seeing for 27 years dropped me becuz i didnt want crowns...i wanted top dentures. He didnt fill my cavities....new dentist says i should take him to court...i have some big cavities. I had teeth cleaned in july and december...he never mentioned fillings needed....crazy!
He said i need crowns on 3 teeth.
New dentist said 3 big cavities...4 medium and 5 small ones should have been filled. Cant even trust your dentist.

We are packed and moving to the fam camp at the base while i get my teeth done. Then we will hit the trail.
Saw a new endocrinologist and he said my pcm had me on a medicine that wouldnt work if im taking trulicity and it was expensive. Januvia is that med. Crazeeeeee...when you cant trust your doctor or dentist.

Hope everyone gets their energy back...and spring is around the corner....i hope!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 10:49 pm

Wow, CB. I guess I'd be looking for a third opinion too. I hope you can get that all straightened out, and get your teeth corrected.

We are having a few "pre-spring" days. It's warm enough that my tulips are just starting to poke their heads up. They better not get too excited or their little heads will get snapped off by a few more frosts and icy days and nights.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 1:24 am

CB:
Ouch all over the place. Sounds like one of your dentists just wants to do the expensive things.

GRAYMARE:
That is a cute photo! That little boy looks like he is having a blast! Cute, cute!!
How is Terry doing at home? I hope he is feeling better. You, too!

ELLEN:
We have a spring day or two, then winter, then spring again. Weird winter this year. It was spring like today, going to be 45 degrees tomorrow, then 65 on Tuesday. My horses can't decide to shed out or not. Rolling Eyes

Donnie is doing pretty well. I suspect he overdoes his PT, though. He is ends up with his leg swelled and hurting for a couple of days, then goes back to PT again. He also is on his feet way more than he probably should be. He never was good at just sitting still for very long.

Today I had a lady come to visit my horses. She says she was a barrel racer up to about 10 years ago and hasn't been on a horse since. She is about 40 years old. After doing considerable ground work with Ivan and Areion with her, I rode Ivan around a few minutes to show her how he goes. Then she got on him.... Ivan was so good, luckily he was in a mellow mood. He had absolutely no idea what that woman wanted him to do. She had no control of his direction or speed. I finally clipped a long line to Ivan so he wouldn't wander off too far and gave her some basic instructions on what to do. Apparently her barrel horses knew where they were going without much input from her. Now she had never ridden in English style or with an English saddle, so had no horn to hang onto. Her balance wasn't too bad, but she didn't know how to control the reins to get him in the direction she wanted to go. Ivan could have dumped her in a second. I was hoping for a riding partner, but she may take awhile to get there....
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 9:06 am

Hello everyone.  Life has been busy here in PA.  Never a dull moment in this crazy punch of family and friends.  Nothing too serious.  Grandson Colin had mouth surgery.  OUCH OUCH OUCH  Poor kid...

My son's wife let their golden retriever into the house after she had tangled with a skunk.  OMG what a nightmare for them.  She put LuLu into the basement and went to work.  My son was soooooooooo mad...the entire house smelled like skunk.  The school called and said they had to put Bailee's coat outside cause it smelled so bad.  Stacy had to go to his physical therapy appointment before he could do anything with the dog, and they were spraying him with Fabreeze. LOL LOL  4 baths for the dog and open the windows on the coldest days of the year.  I bet she never does that again...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 10:05 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARK..........hope you had cake. And, I hope your riding friend turns out.

CB, oh nuts............good luck.

TRUDY, holy jamole..............lucky it wasn't your house. I got a kick out of the school calling about
Bailey's coat........

TL comes home Saturday...........YAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Birthday Wishes   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am

Happy Birthday ARK and many happy returns of the day!!!! Hope this was the best one yet!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:07 am

Oh GM just saw your post!!!! Oh happy Day! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:44 am

WOOHOO!!! Happy Birthday, Ark!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Graymare, you'll be celebrating Saturday too. That is great news!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 8:00 am

ARK: Happy Birthday one day late. Hope your birthday was a good one.

GRAYMARE: WOOHOO TL is coming home. Great news.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 am

Winter attacks again. It snowed all day yesterday and the temperatures are COLD. My car doesn't have ice skates installed, so it will stay in the garage today.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I did have cake late that night, which is better than none! It was such a busy day with Donnie's PT and then going to the DMV for much longer than one would think one would need to be there. Anyway, our new ID licenses are coming our way soon. We did go see "Call of the Wild", which we enjoyed quite a bit! Anything with Harrison Ford is fun to watch.... Very Happy

While Donnie was in PT on Wednesday, I went to WalMart and stocked up on cold and flu meds in case we get hit by that coronavirus. I suspect there will be a run on stuff like that if the virus takes off here, so we are set up. Interestingly, we went back today to fill a prescription and the facemasks they had Wednesday are no longer on the shelves.....I bought some recently online to keep me out of hay dust, so didn't buy any.

ELLEN:
We had a blizzard this afternoon while we were out!! It was supposed to be 40 degrees and cloudy. It was low 30s and snowing. It snowed enough to make the roads slick and the mud muddier.

GRAYMARE:
Hurray that TL is coming home!! wavy He will be much happier. flower

ROSE:
Thanks very much! Very Happy How are you doing?

TRUDY:
Ewwwww....sorry about the skunky dog! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 2:37 pm

I guess I will have to change my little avatar this summer.  Yesterday, I drove over to northern Ohio to see a jet ski advertised on Marketplace.  It was exactly what I wanted, and it's in excellent condition at a reasonable (not cheap) price.  So, I bought it.  Since I didn't take a trailer with me - to make sure I wouldn't jump at a bad deal - I'll have to go get it in a couple of weeks.  The lake is still frozen, so it will be a couple of months before I want to use it.  Smile I've noticed that I'm not getting any younger, so if I want to have some fun, I'd better do it now.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 2:39 pm

ELLEN:
Congrats on the new jetski! I think you are right. Have fun!!

Okay people!  Time to change the calendar.  I hope everyone has a better March!  

Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t103-march-2020#12466

or to Basket and then "March 2020"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEBRUARY 2020   FEBRUARY 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FEBRUARY 2020
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2