Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2013

Go down 
+7
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Ellen E
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

February 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Rick, what's the weather supposed to be like in Charlotte late next week? I'm going to be there with my cousin and his wife, visiting some other friends. We'll be there for a few days for a bird carving show and then going on to Florida to visit with my neighbors who winter down there.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:50 pm

A bird carving show? Is it a demonstration how to properly carve the Thanksgiving Turkey? It's either kinda late or reeeeaaallllyy early. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Indy, had to laff at the Kia Rio....I have a purple rio....love that silly lil car! i've hauled goats in my back seat tho....

ARK,great go on the eyes! NICE to be able to see better...I also wear those thick ol glasses..know what ya mean.

RICK, good ones! glad you are doing better in the tooth dept....and sorry you have to have more surgery for the skin cancer....I have it IN my ear lobes....doc told me if I can't keep it at bay with freezing it out, may have to have the lobe off....I told him only if he did it to the other ear also...then I could have Spock ears....matched set. Hope all goes well with yours

Guess I will have to have my knee replace...lordie, whats next...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm still recovering........................whirlwind trip with food, stop, some more food, stop a bit, find some food, gamble, laugh laugh laugh, hike some more, eat some more, and, oh, did I say gaze at all the fancy hotels? We went to Europe within one mile. I took my $10 for gambling and gained for a total of $56.00. I'm at the high roller tables.

We really did have fun. There were sev of us that met there, then a few broke off on Sunday, rented a car and drove to CO to ski. They left yest morning so I can only guess they're there having a great time.

Remember a few years ago I told you guys we had a friend with a condo there. Anyow, I couldn't go as the times wouldn't work for me.

When you get 10-14 women together it's a crazy fun wild hysterical time. We would do diff things in the day and gather for drinks and dinner around 8-9 P.....................We ate Prime Rib, Chinese, Italian, and Vegan. That doesn't count desserts etc, and ice cream cones while walking down the streets.

So, I was glad to hang with Faith this morning in the sun and do nothing.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Indy, my cousin carves song birds. There are carving shows all over the country. Whenever he enters, he usually wins. His birds look so real they could be background in a movie and no one would know they weren't real.

Graymare, it sounds like you and the gang had a great time. Don't spend that $56 all in one place. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 pm

I know this is NOT a poetry site, but I just finished this today and thought I would put it here for your laughing pleasure.

Pastels In My Soul

These are some things that have brought color to my soul

… that first lusty cry of a newborn

… suckling sound of a nursing babe

… first words spoken, first steps taken

… first kiss gifted, first kiss savored

… eyes that laugh and bring boundless joy

… hands held and first love’s embrace

… smiles that brighten a room and change a life

… sounds of sweet laughter that float like blowing bubbles

… feeling that first twinge of desire

… while peering into your adored one’s eyes

… sharing tears of joy and those that flow with pain

… tender touches to a loved one’s cheek

… the soft sounds of a lover’s sigh

… the contentment found is life’s sunset years
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 pm

ELLEN: Ask me a bit later and I will give you an answer that will be more accurate. Charlotte weather is very close to our weather...maybe a degree or two warmer.

Would appreciate details about where the show is, etc. Admission costs, etc.

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 am

Thanks, ELLEN...Please let me know when YOU will be there. I'm going to see if I can get Carol out of house for a bit and come meet you there. I think she'll do OK if she uses both crutches. She's talking about going back to work real soon!!

Gee..that will be so nice if we can meet up!! I'm getting excited just thinking about it...its been a bit over 5 years (ouch!!) since I saw you.

Love, Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 am

Rick, at this point, I don't really know when we will be at the show. But I still have your phone number - if it hasn't changed. I'll call you once I get down there and have a better idea of the schedule. It would be great to meet Mz. Carol.
I think she would really enjoy the show. There are lots of great carvers who create wonderful works of art. (Of course, my cousin is the best. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Questions Answered:

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die?
*His last battle.

Q2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
* At the bottom of the page.

Q3. River Ravi flows in which state?
* Liquid.

Q4. What is the main reason for divorce?
* Marriage.

Q5. What is the main reason for failure?
* Exams.

Q6. What can you never eat for breakfast?
* Lunch & dinner.

Q7. What looks like half an apple?
* The other half.

Q8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what will it become?
* It will simply become a wet stone.

Q9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ??
* No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
* You will never find an elephant that has only one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the
other hand, what would you have ?
* Very large hands.

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
* No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
*Concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Snoop...ever inquisitive
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 pm

This puppy is really cute. http://www.wimp.com/pitpuppy/
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 am

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:14 am

Graymare, I had never heard of her, but she lived quite a nice life with horses and sounds like she was pretty nice herself.

Ellen and Rick:hope you guys can get together at the carving show. Rick, your poetry is very good.

WEll, my taxes are done for another year...made enuf to go get the Beast in Idaho when the roads are passable again. May look for a couple of goats and or horses while we are up there, they are going much cheaper to free still up there but here they are going up and up in prices since the auction houses and the slaughter houses are open/up and running again. If you want a good horse here it is going to COST.

Beautiful weather again today, in the high 70's and sunshine galore!

Have parade practice on Saturday....looking forward to getting together with the horsey crowd and having a good time. None of us take things too seriously and are always picking on someone...and enjoying the horses to the max.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks Graymare--yes a lot/

I still have two of those and my best friend (he went to horse hea-over the bridge) some time back.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks GRAYMARE,
Bazy led the life she wanted and did a great job with Arabian horses. Her horses never were bred to follow the latest 'fashions' and are breed standards for wonderful, useful, beautiful Arabians. Anyone with Arabs has heard of Bazy. In fact, the woman I bought Arkady from worked for her for awhile when Bazy's farm was in MD. Bazy's shoes will be hard to fill.

Speaking of Arabs, Ivan and I had a fun lesson today, despite the chilly weather. We are learning to hop over a little foot high jump that Donnie made for us. When Ivan does it right, his tail hits me in the back Laughing . Between the bad weather and my flashing eyeballs, it was the first lesson we've had in a month. I had a blast! Ivan likes jumping over the thing.

ELLEN:
I bet your cousin wins the bird show! I remember seeing pix of birds he carved, they were incredible. Have lots of fun!!

BEECH:
Is it snowing yet? I heard you are in for a big one.

It was so pretty yesterday here. Today it was back to cold and miserable. The snow is gone, but the mud is terrible. I had to wear a heart monitor for the past couple of days to see if I still have A-Fib and I bet my heart rate rocketed during the times I was pushing the full wheelbarrow thru the mud. Hopefully it will show that my heart is pitter-pattering along normally and I can get off those blood thinners. I was still wearing it during my ride with Ivan, too. I was wired.....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 am

I need some advice, my scooter had stickers on it and I got them off but it left the glue behind, I can't use goo gone on it as it is to harsh the body is hard plastic and painted does anyone have any sugestions as to how to get the glue off but not the paint with it any help would be apreciated, and thank you in advance, I can take a picture using my camera on my phone but I don't know how to download it
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 am

Try some WD-40. It'll take it right off.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:15 pm

thank you Ellen, I will try it and let you know if it works
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Sunny, I knew someone would have some good ideas! I sure couldn't come up with much, altho my hubby tried to be helpful and told her get some stickers you like and just put on over the gluey stuff....he was reallllllll helpful! Wink tongue He does try! Razz

Weather is great here again today, hope it stays that way tomorrow for parade practice, but we actually have rain in our forecast...which we need....hopefully it holds off and lets us ride a bit.

Y'all have a great weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 am

RICK:
I just realized that YOU wrote the poetry you posted the other day! wavy Great work! That was very sweet.

RICK's a poet
And I didn't know it.

That's the extent of my poetry skills. Laughing

SUNNY:
Did the WD-40 do the job? It is a miracle product. Very Happy It's sort of the direct opposite of duct tape. So have you figured out all the bells and whistles of your new wheels?

Email yourself the photo off your phone. Then save the photo on your computer. Then when posting, click on the "Browse" below the posting box and click on your photo on your computer. Then click on "Submit Query". The photo won't show in the box, but when you post, it will appear.

It is pretty here today, very sunny. The ground is frozen, so we are going to hurry and get the barn cleaned up before the sun melts the ground into mud. It is really hard to push the wheelbarrow through. Yesterday I laid planks down over the mud to cross it. Yuck.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Checking in from PA. The BIG storm missed us this time around. Just a couple of inches of the white stuff. It did look beautiful last night when all the trees and bushes where covered with the fresh snow.

This morning the sun is shining and it is melting. YEAH!!!!! Ace & I took our early morning walk in the snow. He LOVES snow...

Have a great weekend everyone..

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 am

SNOOP REPORT: See video proof of ARK's horse training abilities!!

http://screen.yahoo.com/mr-eds-evil-cousin-breaks-163000158.html

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 am

Just watched a video Carol picked up at WalMart.

AUSTRALIA ... with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman

It WILL tug on your heart strings.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:12 am

That horse is very very clever!
Years ago, we had a half Saddlebred gelding who could open a bolt faster than I could. My dad had welded a pin onto the bolt so it had to be lifted to exactly the right position to slide it. Didn't stop that guy. He knew exactly how to do it; took him about 5 seconds to get it done.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 am

well, I had Doc Darci take a look at Cinny....she found the sore spot and did an adjustment on her, we rode her last night and today and no lameness.....who would have thunk, huh? We'll see how she is in the morning....she even cantered today and seemed to enjoy it kickin' up her heels a time or two....when Joey was on her. It was fun watching her move out. The soreness was high on her leg...above the forearm in the crease of her leg....underneath....she also worked on her neck too....I'm hopig for great things...please HUM that this is what she needed. It's funny I called the doc and she was free...came straight out...which was fine with me...cost 80 dollars which is good prices I think...I remember folks payig 75 a few years ago in Idaho..I've never had a horse worked on before, but Dr Wilson when I picked his brains didn't think it was navicular and wanted me to try this before he did exrays....he will have my horse and dog buisness...even tho he is an hour away...I'll use him. It's one of those situations where you feel comfortable thru a conversation, your body says...ahhhh...here's a doc I think I can trust to have my best interest at hand and just not out for money. Thank goodness...I've talked to a few and I just hadn't gotten that feeling. I want and need a good rapport with my vet to take care of my animals...one I can feel good about trusting them in his care. Doc Darci is great at what she does...but she isn't a vet. Pretty good couple of days actually...its an ahhhhhhhhhhh nice feeling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2013
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next