Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Welcome to

FEBRUARY 2016

February 2016 ZFC3YG

This photo of ThunderPuff reminds me of Valentine's Day.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 pm

I love that photo of ThunderPuff! He looks so sweet, which isn't always the case, he is quite the rascal. Welcome to February! I love you

The farrier got here 45 minutes early....sigh.... Who does that? affraid Of course I wasn't quite ready for him, but we muddled thru. .I didn't get lunch until after 2 p.m. and didn't have breakfast because it's diet day. Daisy may have a brewing abscess in a front foot, it has been bothering her for awhile.

The snow is melting here, but the ground is super saturated, so not draining too well. Hopefully it will drain soon.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:50 am

I've never had a farrier come early, you are. right.....cripes I probably would have beenin my pjs, lol

We hadmusical wind all night....some rain....more wind...

Trudy, where r you?

Indy appp?

Donna?

Nancy lee?

Ol man?

Rose?

Come out come out and play.

Beech, are you going to get this snow storm your way?I
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:36 am

ARK, T Puff is darling.

We had a huge wind, rain, thunder, lightening storm night before last.
Then yesterday cloudy, damp, and temps dropped. A crockpot stew day. Last night 27 here. No big damage. Temps are heading up by the end of the week. This morning is clear & cloudy.

I thought of TRUDY today when Pux Phil predicted an early spring. The folks in the crowd did not look convinced..........TRUDY can tell all.

Horses munching, me drinking coffee, Rex chewing beef bone........a good start to Tuesday the 2nd..................

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Happy Februrary...Yes, Phil predicted an early spring, but you know we can not trust the furry little critter, he has been known to lie before. LOL Although we are have having some days in the 50's this week. It's has only happened 18 times since 1887, sooooo we shall see...I don't even trust the local weatherman on TV, he can't get tomorrow right. LOL

Been really busy lately. Went to a birthday party for our neighbor Joe, who turned 85, it was a surprise party and was he ever surprised when 75 people started singing "for he's a jolly good fellow" as he came down the steps. It was great...then went to church to see a movie called Captive, it is a true story and was quite moving. The girl in the movie was on Oprah and so was Rick Warren, who wrote the book "The Purpose Driven Life", the book that saved her life and the life of the man who held her captive.

Last night we took our friend Barb out to dinner for her birthday, no one should eat alone on their birthday.

Tomorrow will be a very sad day. My favorite customer from the post office, passed away on Saturday, tomorrow is her funeral. She was 89 years old, she fell last month and cracked her head on the sidewalk and fractured her pelvis, she was doing good, then pneumonia set in and took her life. Crying or Very sad I loved her, she was the sweetest little lady I have ever known.

Have a great day everyone...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Razz Very Happy Rolling Eyes Wink ClappingHands :dance: :dance: wavy wavy dare we hope????

Oh pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

WINDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. here!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Cartoon from RICK!   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 pm

From RICK:

February 2016 PC1ov1

hysterical
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Really clever............. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:33 am

That was just too funny. I stole it to send to all my PA buddies. They will love it. hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 pm

One more tree is down. I asked a pro to come take it down since the ice is much thinner and I didn't want it to go through the ice where it would be a mess to clean up. Also, it seems the DNR takes a dim view of tree trash not being cleaned up off the ice and remind you of their displeasure by sending a bill for the fine. They did a good job of getting the tree down and the ice swept off.
Tonight, the temperatures will drop and the ice will start to thicken up again.

I got a good chuckle out of the cartoon too. hysterical hysterical
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:23 am

Hugs to you TRUDY after your friend's funeral.

Warmer here this morning, about 35......today will be 62 & sunny, breezy.

Horses munching, me drinking coffee. Everyone have a great day.
We're having a birthday party at Mickey D's at 9:30A for one of the blah blahs........we put 2 tables together and laugh it up. Then at 4P we're having a celebration (friend had a stroke and is now finished with her PT) at a local Mexican joint with GREAT food. Being retired is BUSY. Give us an excuse and we will call a party for anything. We gen spread our happiness and $ between McD's, Wendy's, & Burger King.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Thinking about a LIVING WILL and decided to write my own...fairly short, sweet, and simple. Here is what I've come up with so far:
I, SNOOP-NC , being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers/doctors interested in simply running up the bills. If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for AT LEAST ONE of the following:

Glass of wine
chocolate
Margarita
chocolate
Martini
Cold Beer
chocolate
Chicken fried steak
cream gravy
chocolate
Mexican food
chocolate
French fries
chocolate
Pizza
chocolate
ice cream
cup of coffee
chocolate
Any kind of spicy food
chocolate
Sex

It should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, let the 'fat lady sing,' and call it a day!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm

For heaven's sake, get that boy some chocolate. Drool
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:13 pm

Well ya know what I would get for him, right?

Aha! not that, mexican food!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 am

As we were driving to camdenton today I noticed someone had moved in with gypsy vanner horses, I made hubby pull over so I could just look...beautiful. then we were driving to a small town to get grain and on a small farm there were big statues of blue clydesdales and a new wrought iron gate and in the field were about 20 blue and white clydesdales....hubba hubba.....yes blue.....sign on the gate says hawkespoint home of the blue clydesdales.
We saw another eagle yesterday...gosh they are so beautiful. on the news tonight someone had shot 2 eagles...why I don't know....but a real shame.

Nice day, nice drive, nice sights to see.....now I need a long nap and dream of those beautiful horses.

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Chocolate. Drool

We got our new, to us, horse trailer registered to us today. We will be getting permanent tags that say: IVAN-DC. The DC part is our initials. Just Ivan was already taken. So Ivan has a trailer and Areion has my car Very Happy .

We expected to take 2 hours at the DMV, but we walked in and got waited on immediately. Good deal cheers .

The arena is now 3/4s cleaned up. We should be able to get it finished tomorrow. What a mess! The snow is all gone and the mud is at least firm. Donnie has been helping me, bless his reluctant self ClappingHands . It was sunny today, but cold and windy.

Are we ready to watch the Super Bowl commercials? We don't pay much attention to the game, but watch the commercials and half time.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Oh boy. Super Bowl. You guys will love this one. Friends of ours prob 30 yrs..............he rarely ever makes a purchase............wears old jeans, clean, old boots, clean, old truck 1987...............she is quite spendy trendy. Great people and friends.

He went to Costco today and bought some HUGE TV for Super Bowl and brought it home. Their house is, let's say, tense. She called to vent and, of course, I laughed. She called a blah blah meeting for the upset and the upshot is she is having the Super Bowl party and we bring food............she got no sympathy and got stuck with the party...........................

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 pm

P S

I make a lot of jokes, etc but we have the best group of friends ever. Whether or not there really is a party on Sunday is of no importance................we just LOVE to razz each other................

One of the other gals is going to call and make sure the TV is hooked up..........I can't wait to hear...............Life really is a ton of fun when you're older...........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:25 am

Oh boy. Can't wait to hear about your Super Bowl party. That's gonna be fun.

At last. The trees are all down. My cousin and his wife came last evening, then he started in today and cut one small tree. That left two more to bring down. He was reluctant to tackle them because he was afraid they wouldn't fall the direction he planned, even though he is well experienced. So, I called the tree guy who happened to be just down the street. He came and brought all the right equipment and had both trees down safely within about 30 minutes. Then Cousin spent the rest of the afternoon cutting them into fire logs.
Neighbor Travis now has a big job to get them split and stacked by his barn. Then, I'll have some small stuff to clean up off the yard for the spring.

I've seen a couple of the commercials that are really good. I'll be watching the rest on Sunday evening.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 3:57 am

Am I the only one who didn't know there are blue clydesdales?????

Gm, have fun.

Ellen, glad u got the trees down

Ark, hope your arena is ridable soon....I know what mud is...and then it freezes into rough sharp dips that the horses walk very slowly on.....

I'm ready for spring....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:36 am

I ran out to toss hay around 5 and it's warmer out there today....about 40.
I came in to get my coffee, turned on the news, and had my idea as I sat down. Ha, I'm going to call my friend and ask her if she has time to run over to the Lazy Boy store and pick a couple of new chairs for the game tomorrow.............

CB, we're gonna have a ball with this one. Their kids are in their 50's and they will join right in. This is just something for us older than dirt folks to have fun with.

These people are both from Colorado so this Broncho game is high on their
big deal rah rah go Bronchos day. He has Broncho flags, T shirt, sweatshirt, hat, license plate holder, etc and has worn them for years. His family never wonders what to get him for Christmas.................something Bronchos.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:23 am

By the way. CB, I never knew there were blue/grey clydesdales but I knew there were roans that look grey...........There's one about 5 mi from my house. There is a clyde rescue there and I saw one at their fundraiser a couple of years ago.

News is boring here today............however, it gave me another prompt. The Phoenix open is currently occurring with an attendance of over 200,000. I will also ask friend if she can run over to the Bird's Nest there and get us some of the famous guacamole for our party. None of us has ever had any. Good thing she doesn't have a gun.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 am

Too much time on my hands this morning:

February 2016 412158656
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:10 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CHOCOLATE MMMMMMMMMMM... Drool I'm eating as much chocolate as I can right now, Lent is right around the corner and it's on my list of fasting foods. I have to eat up everything in the house that has a spec of chocolate in it before February 17th. Gotta eat fast. LOL LOL I'll be on a Chocolate high for the next 9 days. Drool Drool

CB: I didn't know there were Blue Clysdales either. Are they like a Blue Roan? I bet they are so beautiful.

GRAYMARE: Can't wait for the SB and the commercials...since my Steelers are out of it, I'm torn between wanting Peyton to have a win in probably his last Super Bowl or having the Panthers finally have one Super Bowl win. I'll be happy either way. Have fun at your Super Bowl party.

ARK: We had mud for a couple of days but it was back to frozen ground this morning.

ELLEN: Glad you got the trees down safely, that is always a nail biting experience, especially if they are close to the house.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 pm

No roans, they r blue instead of bay or brown with white blaze and stockings.....I guess they r worth quite abit......I like the regular color better, I think its more of a stark contrast in coloring and look flashier than the soft blue color, but still beautiful horses.
Sunny and I lost a friend today, copd......so sad, she was such a jolly person and loved to ride. kat will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

February 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next