Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

February 2016 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 3:45 pm

CB, if you get a refrigerator, pay the extra to have it delivered! Honest to goodness you find more ways to get in trouble that I can even imagine. Very Happy Certainly glad that Harry's knee wasn't damaged.

Ark, I've heard from lots of people that they have trouble finding a good shoer. I don't know why they seem to think that leaving a long toe is a good idea.

At my house, it's in the 30s with more snow coming tomorrow and Wednesday. Here? It's perfect. Sunny and warm.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 12:52 am

CB
I am very glad that Harry AND the stove didn't land on top of you! Sorry about his knee and your collar bone. Did the stove survive the fall without a scratch?

ELLEN
Your vacation weather sounds wonderful! Have you done any sightseeing or shopping? I love being a tourist! Very Happy I don't know where we are going to find a good farrier. Donnie is going to do it next time, I guess.

GRAYMARE
I had a really fine lesson on Ivan today! Lori said we looked the best we ever have. I guess our lessons are finally paying off! I am the slowest of learners, although I enjoy the process. Today we worked at getting Ivan to lower his head, turn his face a little to the inside of the circle, and to not let him drop his shoulder and cut the corners. Lori rode him at first to show us both what she wanted to do. She can sure make Ivan look good! Poor Ivan has to put up with me confusing the cues, but we started figuring it out after awhile. I had a fun time!

Lori rode Areion before we worked with Ivan. I didn't think my hip joints could take both horses today, so I didn't ride her. Areion is finally picking up the correct lead going into the canter. She did great! Lori turned Areion loose in the arena after her ride and Areion immediately dropped and rolled....right over the step stool/mounting block. The end to that! She broke it in half.Rolling Eyes Areion manages to tear up more things than all the other horses put together. So I am in the market for a new mounting block, an Areion-proof one!

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Whew. Trimmed two bushes this morning.........It's going to be hot this afternoon. We irrigate at 2P.........hot, but easier than 2A, LOL. The horses will pout as they go to the arena side...............I will take Eli for his water walk.
He's really funny in the water................well, I think he is. I'm prejudiced.

ARK, get a big rock...........it won't move or break..........mounting will be easy.
LOL, that's all we have in AZ..............

No other news. I have to get some dirt for my planter today............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 pm

I'm glad it didn't land on us, too....
Both of us r doing better....not as sore as I expected.
We can't just stop doing things, but will be more careful.
Life is full of surprises and whoopsidaisies.....and 20/20 vision. hindsight is 20/20.....

Cooler today, thunderstorms last night woke me up. a nice weekend forecasted, yay!

Ark, a friend of mine put extra stirrup attached to saddle that is lower than normal stirrup and then when she is in saddle she pulls it up and sticks it in her over the horn saddle bags. I've been meaning to have hubby rig me one up to see if it works...?

Well my older two horses will be going to their new life shortly....I will miss them. I have first option to buy back in written contract....I think it will be good for them to have a job and attention from the youngsters. will have daisie aka sandie trained and see hoe she does.....if she doesn't work out I think I will be done with horses....I'm just gettin older and I sure feel it right now. we will have to live those of you riding, training and driving still.....but I sure hope she does alright....part of me says no, part says yessssssss.

Well a hot bath with epsoms salts is calling my name....later taters
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 pm

It's March 1 already! Time to change the thread. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t54-march-2016#7235
Or click on Basket and then March 2016

February is now closed for business...... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6