Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2015

Go down 
+3
Rose
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

September 2015 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:05 am

Hello everyone. I'm just checking in, things have been so crazy here, I hardly have time to read let alone sit and post. My grandson Anthony is in the hospital, he had a serious dirt bike accident and is in the children's wing at Geisinger ICU with a trach tube in his throat, The bike threw him off then landed on his throat. He is finally sitting up and can write or text us. What a nightmare. I sure don't have time to fret about my teeth situation any longer. I'll be lurking for awhile.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:19 am

Prayers for Anthony and all your family TRUDY...((((((((hugs))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:22 am

Wow, Trudy! I guess the throat is one place a helmet can't help. When you can, keep us posted on how he's doing. Prayers for fast healing.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Oh TRUDY, prayers for Anthony's speedy and complete healing!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Trudy, big hums his way! kids and grands....don't they know what it does to us!?keep us updated, k.

We were at an auction, carried our stuff to the car, got in, drove away....duh...forgot to pay! it was a whoppin 7 bucks, we drove back and everyone was gone, so I called and left a message.....duh...the golden years are hard
on us oldies.

Going to the amish stores and then home to work on a poopie pen!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 am

TRUDY
I am so sorry for Anthony's accident and will send positive thoughts and prayers his way. (((((((((Anthony and family))))))))).

CB
I did that once in 4th grade Laughing . I bought three cents worth of penny candy and forgot to pay. I discovered I had the three cents upon getting home and was mortified. I ran back to the store a mile away and paid for their big sale of the day Laughing .

We put up 69 bales from our third cutting of hay on Friday. It is lovely hay except for the Johnson grass in it. Rolling Eyes It is a never-ending fight getting rid of that stuff.

I have a lead on some very nice horse hay to finish up what we need for the winter. We will see it on Monday. I hope they deliver, we can't move much at a time.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:17 am

Well, after 6P news I went out and got organized for a big storm coming later tomorrow.........rain should be coming by about noon. Time will tell but
we're ready..........Each time they give these warnings I prepare as it could really hit here, also. I have plenty of hay & grain so all I did was organize it in the barn aisle so I never have to go out for anything. We need the moisture so I can't complain. Which areas will really get it are yet to be seen. We have certain areas subjected to flash flooding which can be very serious. We're only subjected to bad winds/cells if they come here..............they can be very severe,
also.

:afraid:    zSee you all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:56 am

Flash floods r sooo dangerous....those folks who lost their lives children included, in utah....wow. we have signs all over our back hiways "impassable during high waters or flooding" we stock up also if we hear on the news its coming, same as for winter storms. if we don't have to go out we just don't. stay home to watch over the critters and off the roads for the idiots that feel they just have to be out on them. puts their lives in danger as well as our rescue squads who try to save their sorry butts. pet peeve of mine when I see rescues going on...that shouldn't be.....

Poopies had their first lap of puppy formula tonight....gosh they r cute roly poly lil montners.

I will try to get pics....

Sweet dreams y'all......ol man where r you?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:55 am

Trudy, how is he doing now?

It's going to be a busy next couple of days. I have three cousins coming tomorrow to stay the week, two of them with their 5th wheel. And then, since my house was already going to be clean, I organized a birthday party for one of my neighbors for tomorrow evening, with about a dozen people. Dessert only. I'm making a strawberry sparkle cake, and homemade ice cream.
And, I have to babysit for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday afternoon.
It will all be fun, but by next Tuesday, I'll be ready for a "day off". ROFL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:59 pm

The rain is here........feels good. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 am

Thanks for all the prayers for Anthony, he sure needs them. I went to the hospital on Sunday and he was sitting up, got out of the bed and walked around and even got a little sponge bath in the sink by himself. They moved him to a special care unit on Saturday, he was supposed to have the large trach tube replaced yesterday but the doctors changed their mind. He still has a feeding tube in his nose. The doctors said he is doing well, they are just worried about the swelling in his throat and his vocal chords and voice box. I'll be heading over this morning. Thanks again for the prayers
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 10:46 am

Oh TRUDY. This sounds like a long healing process. Praying for his youth & good fitness state to bring him along. I'm sure each day seems like 30 days. Hugs to you and the family during this time frame.............

Well, today marks the beginning of fall. Next Sunday brings an eclipse so I hope to see it. It seems like the midwest here today as it's humid and grey with big clouds and more rain to come. So far, right here we haven't had much at all.
It's going to be 87 today which is below normal which is about 99 with humidity 22%. The mornings are lovely. The horses are very happy. Rex is very happy running and playing in the puddles. He is so cute. Shocked Shocked

Everyone have a good day.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:52 pm

I went to the hospital this morning to see Anthony, they moved him back to the Children's Hospital. After I marched all the way to the Special Care Unit and they sent me all around, I must have walked at least a mile before I found him, I certainly had a lot of exercise this morning. He looked really good today, they have removed a lot of the stuff they had him hooked up to. He still has the feeding tube in his nose, they changed the trach to a smaller one this morning. His neck looks 2 sizes smaller. He still can't talk, drink or eat. He can whisper if he puts his finger over the trach a very soft voice comes out, but you have to be really close to hear him. At least there is a voice in there. Praise God for that miracle.

Thanks for all the prayers my friends.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 5:27 pm

He is young and will heal quickly....they r just letting his throat heal now so he can eat again safely. his brain functions r good, that is really good news...he can walk, also great....he will bounce back fast altho may be on a puree diet for some time or liquid diet. when kyle broke his jaw he said macroni and cheese was great pureed! he couldn't eat or talk, had to drink his meals by straw.......gosh I know how ya feel, I hated seeing him like that. hang tough!

Well, we r working on poopie pen, when finished their crate to sleep in will be by sliding glass door and they will be able to use doggie door to go out onto enclosed porch, and after they r 6 weeks will be able to go out another lil door to the yard....thanks to hubbys expertise and my design. they will have a small outside area of their own....if odie plopped down on one he would squish it!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 11:24 am

First day of fall. Whew, huge storm here last night. We had no damage right here with only leaves and small twig branches down. Easy clean up for the twins, now 6. They want to earn money. They're hysterical as they run all over and fight & argue. We had flooding like normal irrigation so no problems. About 30 minutes north of here there was a large amount of flash flooding. During the storm itself there were many stuck in rushing waters but no tragedies.

My pasture welcomes the rain and also, my horses.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 11:31 am

TRUDY glad your grandson is progressing well. Wow, sorry you had to hunt him down at the children' hospital. That had to be frustrating. As he starts healing and feeling better he will get frustrated, too, as now it won't all go as fast as he wants it to. He will want to be completely better by tomorrow. Prayers continue from here.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 am

GOOD MORNIN FOOPS AND FOOPETTES! sure wish all of our gang would check in and say hi! I want and need to know everyone is ok and some of you we havnt heard from I awhile.....AND I DONT DO WELL WHEN I DONT HEEEEEAR FROM Y'ALL... Now you don't want me not to do well and go off the deep end now do yas? naaaahhhhhh, you don't want that!
I also want to know why my lil nerdy puter only recognises some contractions and not others....don't,....you're, havnt

...hmmmm...do they change the lil hamsters that make the wheel turn and one is smarter than another????

bro is moving into his new place today.....I hope he likes it. the ac went out tho, luckily it is cooling off some. he can come here but can't smoke here, so he probably won't. he says the dust from the road bothered his copd too much here, but I also think it could be the 3 packs of smokes a day .....ahhhh well. his two daughters came to visit him and 2 other kids live close, they had a family dinner last saturday. he doesn't talk to his oldest son who is the most caring kid....but is gay, and my brother has these stubborn notions he isn't his cuz he would have no gay child....for geeeeeesh. I love my nephew and I know just looking at him he is his fathers son. I get so mad at my brother.
It will be quiet around here....but I hope it helps him in some way to feel better as he hacks all day and night even on his oxygen at night, he refuses to use it during the day to help.

Sandie follows us around like a puppy dog....this week was to let her settle in...now we will start seeing what she knows....she was broke and then nothing done.....we will see.
Fun begins.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm

CB. Families. Heavens, ya gotta love them. It sounds like you & Harry can have some peace around your place now and enjoy your animals for awhile.
All families have members that are easier than others. Seems that's why some families only deal with one side at a time..................LOL.

It's funny. Sometimes everyone writes and jumps in and then it goes for a long time before we see them. I'm sure life gets the way....busy busy.

Everyone have a good evening.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 pm

TRUDY
 I hope your grandson is feeling better today.  He will probably be craving pizza and hamburgers before all is healed....

CB
 Let us know how the new pony does!!

ELLEN
 How's the party going?  

GRAYMARE
  I am glad you didn't get flooded!! cheers

It is going to rain here starting tonight or tomorrow morning.  Some huge rain cloud is headed towards us from the south.  It was windy here today, but sunny and in the 70s.  Very nice, except it made Areion spooky.  Walnuts would plop out of the tree into the arena.  Ivan took it pretty well, so our lesson went okay, but Lori decided Areion was too nervous for me to ride after her lesson.  Since I didn't feel like crashing and burning today, I agreed with her.  I suspect Lori is tired of watching my unexpected dismounts Laughing .
Before I came along, none of her students had ever fallen off during a lesson.  I've done it at least 4 times.  I have ruined her record Rolling Eyes .

My little hens are laying like crazy!  Egg salad, scrambled egg sandwiches, fried, boiled, quiche, spoonbread.....We are eating a lot of eggs. Drool
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Ark, pickle them in pickled beet juice, last a long time!

I'm sure if lori is a trainer she understands young horses and that they r prone to do some pretty weird things and spooks, but that is how they get use to things.....miles of trails and sights to see makes them experienced. I can't count the times I have gone off...but I think it makes us better riders....albeit sore, but soon we stick better...and kudos to you cuz I wouldn't ride in your saddle for my life! give me a good solid western saddle any day.

GM, he moved a quarter of a mile down the road! lol....but yeah its quieter and we can get some things done now around here...we have helped him with his auction and moving and remodeling the motorhome, all the water, power and plumbing lines....for several months we havnt had time to do our stuff...but now we have to geter done before his surgery.....pant pant.....

Trudy, need an update.

Ellen, getting any kayaking in?

Indy, any driving?

Beech? ol man? nancy lee, donna, tuff, hey u guuuuuuuuuuys and galsss....rick did u get lost out there? snoop?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:18 am

Anthony is getting better and acting like a fool in the hospital. Trying to tell the nurses and doctors what HE is going to do. Never a good idea to tick off nurses, doctors or waitresses. He will be paying the price for his foolishness, I am sure of that. Such a stupid kid..I saw the hole in his neck where the trach is and he insists he is going eat solid food. NOT gonna happen. Doesn't realize he will choke to death cause the inside of his throat is still swollen shut. GGRRRRRR stupid kids. 17 year olds, can't tell them anything. I worry that his stupid friends are going to sneak food into his room and he is dumb enough to try to eat it. On a bright note he is getting better and can speak a little better each day.

Thanks for all your prayers...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:58 am

Trudy, the first bite will let him know and at least he is where he can get some immediate help. tell him if he doesn't listen u will have the dr put just family allowed to visit and put a sign on the door or in his room, nothing to eat by mouth, patient will choke...so his friends can see it. hospitals put these little signs on door that says npo.....now how r kids suppose to now what it means. put something over loud speaker at school, so his friends all know the danger...and hear it....I'm sure they could do that....kids think they r infallible...and he needs a good spankin! maybe not literally, but how about his family telling him no more bike riding if he doesn't behave, that they will not get him another one to ride...if he doesnt behave, unless he has a big allowance he won't be getting one on his own for awhile. tough love.

Good luck.

..man...fall allergies kickin my butt here....ugh....not nice.....

Have a good weekend ahead everyone!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 10:49 am

Sounds like Anthony is up & at it TRUDY. Oh boy, now we need to pray for the nurses and his Gramma. He's getting stronger and healthier by the day. Hope his healing goes well.

Our fall is here. It's still hot in the afternoons but pleasant in the mornings.
Horse time.

Friend came over yest afternoon. She rode over. It was too hot for me but
we then just sat in the barn aisle having soda while her horse ate grass. She
likes seeing Eli, his growth and his learning levels. He's fun. Her horse is 27. He's sound, a wonder horse, a solid retired big money winner rope horse.
He now lives a fabulous retired horse life with over the top superior care, love, & food. It's fun for me to watch her. It's her FIRST horse. Two retirees in love. It just makes your heart feel good watching her being the same little girl that dreamed all her life of having a great horse. She has named him MOSES. She even had a blessing ceremony when she got him home. I was still in the mountains so didn't get to go. I also didn't even think to take pics but will.

Everyone have a happy day.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 am

Sounds like Anthony is up & at it TRUDY. Oh boy, now we need to pray for the nurses and his Gramma. He's getting stronger and healthier by the day. Hope his healing goes well.

Our fall is here. It's still hot in the afternoons but pleasant in the mornings.
Horse time.

Friend came over yest afternoon. She rode over. It was too hot for me but
we then just sat in the barn aisle having soda while her horse ate grass. She
likes seeing Eli, his growth and his learning levels. He's fun. Her horse is 27. He's sound, a wonder horse, a solid retired big money winner rope horse.
He now lives a fabulous retired horse life with over the top superior care, love, & food. It's fun for me to watch her. It's her FIRST horse. Two retirees in love. It just makes your heart feel good watching her being the same little girl that dreamed all her life of having a great horse. She has named him MOSES. She even had a blessing ceremony when she got him home. I was still in the mountains so didn't get to go. I also didn't even think to take pics but will.

Everyone have a happy day.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am

Sorry. Not sure how I did that.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Moses sounds like a fortunate horse! wavy I hope he lives a good long life with your friend. I know someone whose mare lived to be 42, so Moses has a chance!

Rainy, rainy here since yesterday. First thing I did this morning was slip in the muddy muck of the chicken/peacock enclosure and land in it. rake Second thing I did was to buy a new pair of boots with actual traction at Tractor Supply. They are cute and on sale. I hope they last longer than the ones I bought in years past...

The rain is supposed to last thru tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2015
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next