Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2016

Go down 
+3
Rose
Manygatess
Rick Angell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

March 2016 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 am

ROSE
I am so glad you are healing up!! wavy You sure have had a tough winter. I need a fence like you are getting. No dogs for us until we can fence them away from the road.

GRAYMARE
Congrats on the teeth! ClappingHands A bubbly bath does sound good to me right now. My poor body is tired and sore after riding Ivan at mostly a trot for over an hour, then riding Areion. I only walked her because the hip joint started yelling at me to stop. We are still working on softening with Ivan. He gets it, I am the problem. Again. Rolling Eyes

CB
Is it still raining? We have had such great weather all week, but it will start raining tomorrow, hopefully, not as much as you guys have been getting!! affraid

Dorian the Grey cat had his operation today. I have to pick him up in the morning. He will not be a happy guy, we have to keep him in a cage for a few days.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:27 am

Ark why does he have to be in a cage?

Rain was lighter here today I think it went south and east of us, but we got enuf for greening up the grass already. horses will love it.....I worry a bit about them on it tho, but twice a day they r shut off in the barn lot where we feed them and r fed hay...so they r not ravenous when they go out on the pasture.

I'm still using my sling when I overwork my shoulder and my heating pad....
Dwat!

Tomorrow grocery shopping....my least fave thing to do.....

Finishing laundry up.....tomorrow night dust and vacuum...and walah....I would rather clean than grocery shop! and I'm not real keen on that either. I'm going to turn into a hermitress with dirt floors and dust everywhere, a nice hammock in a tree....and a walkin bathtub would be nice,......... alien
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 am

Friend's daughter works at Hooters, so we went there for lunch. We started with fried dill pickles. I don't like dill pickles, but these things gave me a whole new outlook. They were delicious! Then we shared a platter with 4 different kinds of wings and two kinds of shrimp. The shrimp with a sauce on them were so good we considered them to be dessert. Daughter's manager came to visit with Friend, then he made our tab disappear. So, not only was the food wonderful, it was free. Doesn't get any better than that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 am

ARK: George has decided he has too many irons in the fire right now to plant a huge garden. WHEW that one last year about killed us. Too much bending over, plus we have tons of veggies in the freezer from last year. We are only having a couple tomato plants, a row of beans, some banana peppers, a watermelon and a couple cukes. Gotta make the pickles. HAHAHA

I like the sweet pickled eggs with red beets. Yummmm

Right now our project is redoing a huge MOPH sign that will ride on the trailer in the parades It's 4X6 and in bad shape, we have to tape all the letters off and get them painted (on both sides), then get the background painted. It sounded like a good idea, but as things always do around here, it has turned into a lot of manual labor. We volunteered daughter Amy to help us and she has been a blessing.

RICK: It is amazing after so many years the high tensile fence is still just as strong, our younger neighbor farmer took ours down for us since he wants to farm the pasture fields this summer. Just watching Josh work wore us out. Take things slow and easy. AAHHHH to be 40 again.

GRAYMARE: Congrats on still having your teeth. My dentist and I always joke around about me one of the old ladies in the nursing home that won't have her teeth in a jar at night. I do everything I can to keep my teeth. I'm headed there next Tuesday for a check up and cleaning. So far my teeth have been doing well, No more crazy attacks, keeping my fingers crossed for that visit that she doesn't stir anything up.

Have a great weekend everyone. We are off to the Lenten seafood buffet tonight at The Pine Barn Inn. The best seafood buffet around, a tad expensive but sometimes we have to treat ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:56 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB! Hope you have a great one!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 pm

The wire is down, coiled and piled up as of 415 yesterday afternoon. Now I gotta take one of the tractors and take up the posts and fill holes with fine gravel / sand. That's gonna take awhile affraid

FREE FENCE .... "some assembly required" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 pm

RICK............someone 45 will be thrilled to get it......friend's son just got a 6 stall barn.............he numbered the parts, took it down (hired 2 men), trailered it home and voila, VERY nice barn for $5000 including paying 2 men)...........that's what being 41 is. He still has to paint it..........LOL, he has 3 teenagers. We all know what they will be doing this summer. He has 2 sons (ropers) and 1 daughter (barrel racer). It's a family project. I'm guessing to buy it new would be $20,000 or more............

TRUDY, my teeth are fine, also, no probs..............VERY lucky. I just make jokes about teeth.............my friend has a bridge and she can put her very best tooth in her jewelry box if she chooses................LOL I don't know what it's called. We call it her "clamp on" tooth.

CB, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a GREAT time with your family!!! Get the fudge in Branson.......woohoo.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Ya'll take the very best care of your teeth!!!  When I had my cardiovascular huge surgery in 2006 the surgeon could not do a surgery anywhere near my heart because I had developed gingivitis and because the surgery was so urgent he recommended I have all teeth removed and 10 days to heal so he could do the bypass.........my life and retaining my left leg depended on it and I relented.  I have snap ins on bottom and an extremely well fitting upper but I hate them and so wish I had taken better care of my teeth!!! Sad  However, I am alive and my left leg is perfectly normal! Very Happy  

ARK, I am healing and enjoying my life, so the bad parts of winter have passed.  You are so going to love and enjoy your upcoming Biltmore ride.  I'm jealous!  I would so love to find me a small non-spooky, well mannered horse!  Maybe one day!

RICK, so proud you have finished defencing your property.  Told you you'd get it done!

CB, hope you have the Happiest Birthday ever :dance:  and many, many more ClappingHands

MANYGATES, having a brain fart, MOPH???  Sounds like the repainting and lettering could be a big chore.  I concur on the gardening too.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

ARK, I have been waiting and saving to get this fencing across the front for awhile. Guy next door isn't very bright. His male pitty (now I love pitbulls, so don't misinterpret this) dug under my back fence a couple months ago and my two backyard boys attacked him and hurt him pretty bad and you would think that the fool would start taking better care of his dogs but not so.......day before yesterday he left his gate wide open and both his pits headed to my yard. I'm not afraid of either one and I have made fast friends with the male dog (Tyson). Female dog (Brandy) threatened to bite me but was discouraged quickly and I got them back in their yard, closed the gate and hollered to idiot and told him what I had done. Wouldn't have been so furious except Tyson had escaped a couple years ago and came over here and literally attacked my Buddy who was on his chain in the carport. Pam, neighbor on other side came and separated them with water hose, Buddy was hurt! I was at work, Pam called me, I came home and took Buddy to the vet. So now when fence is complete Buddy will be free in front yard and no other dogs can come in the yard so I can worry less. I definitely wouldn't have dogs without fencing, they need protecting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 3:46 pm

ROSE: MOPH Military Order of the Purple Heart.

CB: HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlfriend... :dance:

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:51 pm

HAPPY Birthday, CB!!! :dance: :dance:
Hope you are having a great one!! wavy

TRUDY
I am sure glad you said what MOPH meant Laughing . I am terrible at remembering what letters stand for. I had to ask Donnie last night what "SMH" stood for. I see it all the time and didn't have a clue. Thankfully, he didn't know either, so goggled it, I didn't feel quite so dumb, ROFL . It means "smacking my head", as in disbelief. rake

We are only going to do a few things in the garden, too. My sister, Vicki, gave me a food dehydrator for my birthday, so I am going to try drying a few home grown veggies and apples from our tree.

ELLEN
Well that was sure nice of Hooters! I have never eaten at one of those. Good to know they have good food.

RICK
Congrats on getting the fence wire down. Metal is expensive these days, maybe you can sell it to a metal recycler. $$$ Are you totally without pets these days? They are good for your blood pressure.....My blood pressure should be down to zero....

ROSE
Your leg was definitely more crucial than your teeth! I am glad it is fine now. It is hard finding a bombproof horse, but I hear they are out there. Zippy, our pony, is the only one I have ever had. Our horses could take lessons from him. How is Robin and her horse doing?

GRAYMARE
My paternal grandfather kept all his teeth, but one, all his life. He was very sad when that one tooth had to come out late in life. Congrats on all your teeth!! What a Face

CB
We had to take Dorian Grey Cat to the spay/neuter clinic in the live trap we caught him in or they wouldn't take him in so fast. They assume that if you can catch him in a cat carrier, he isn't feral and you have to make an appointment that can be weeks away. (We actually caught the last wild grey cat, Giles, in a cat carrier and had to figure out how to transfer him to a live trap. Rolling Eyes ) Anyway, they said to keep Dorian in a cage for a few days to make sure he is healing properly. We are going to try to transfer him to a bigger puppy cage this evening and put him in the barn for a few days, hopefully he will get used to being there and stay in the barn when we release him. Giles eventually tamed up, I hope Dorian does, too.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Awwww geesh, rose, I just sent my two older ones to a riding program, I'm sure they have lots of years left and cinnamon would have been so good for you....I didn't know u were even thinking about it. She would have been wonderful albeit older small mare that is about as bomb proof as can be. if interested they may sell her to you.

Thanks everyone for birthday wishes. we bought groceries today and on way home the damn biscuits exploded, bout caused an accident! thought it was gun shots.

Well still have few things to do so later taters.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:17 pm

ROSE, sorry for your dental experience but the doc made the right call.
People with cardiac issues have to take antibiotics before having teeth cleaned.
Oral gum and teeth infections easily travel to the heart........many are totally unaware. We are all glad you're here with us with both legs and cosmetic teeth! I remember that surgery. That was a whopper. Holy cow, you're amazing!

Lovely morning here in AZ, birds are up & talking making their plans for the day, Rex is happily out running about with TL, horses fed, and me, here on my duff with a cuppa.............. Smile Just a nice start to the day.

Everyone have a great day. God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:57 pm

We went to the auction today, there was the cutest donkey about 4 months old, curly forelock...looked like a stuffed toy one. no, I didn't buy him.....lol.....but later my daughter sends me a message about a 13 yr old beautiful appy mare folks have to sell.....now I'm going hmmmmmmmmmmmm?nnshe said she would keep her until I get up there, really good price.....we will see how this works out.......

Waiting for kids to arrive, about an hour out....woohoo....

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 am

Hey, everybody. Move your clocks forward 1 hour..............I think tonight's the night..................if not, early April Fool's Day.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:01 pm

I think I'm the only one here. However, my smart phone moved ahead one hour for daylight savings time and our state of AZ does not have daylight savings
time. LOL. My dumb phone.

Again, a wonderful day today in AZ................. walk horse
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:47 pm

My phone changed the time last night. I'll have to change the other clocks when I get home. My computer and tablet changed too.
It's another gorgeous day in the neighborhood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:41 pm

Thanks. for bd wishes....lifeis hectic but good right now.

Going to stampede tonight......amusement park tomorrow. you know hubby and I will need a few days to catch up on sleep and rest for the weary, but we r enjoying it all

Later taters.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:47 pm

CB, it's a good tired when you are with your family. Have a great time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:37 pm

CB
Have some fun for us! :dance:

I love the time change! It is so nice to have longer evenings. My favorite season is from now until just after the summer solstice.

Today I am dehydrating three pounds of apples and about a half pound of green beans in my new dehydrator. Hopefully they will come out better than the cucumber chips I did last week. I am gearing up for a ton of apples from our tree this summer.

No lesson today, rain was forecast, but it didn't arrive until after 6 p.m. Then we had quite a thunderstorm. Lesson is rescheduled for Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 am

I don't usually watch "The Bachelor" but friend does. Tonight was the finale. The man is from "my" Warsaw. He made the town proud. What a classy guy!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 am

Good morning everyone. I HATE the time change, why can't they just leave it alone here in PA like some of the other states do. It drives me nuts for a few days. Dumb dumb dumb..

CB: Sounds like you are having a blast, after all the crazies you have been thru lately you need a week of just R & R.

I'm off and running early this morning, so many stops to make. First the dreaded dentist to have my teeth cleaned, hope she doesn't disturb the sleeping giant that lurks in my gums, I don't need another teeth attack. Then to bank, Walmart, the dog food store, Library, and last of all Dollar General to get Easter cards.
WHEW I'll need a rest after all that dashing about.

It's been raining on and off for 3 days, nothing serious just annoying, of course, the day I washed my dirty nasty car it rained on it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

It does seem the key to bringing rain is to wash the car. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:25 pm

SNOOP with a TRUE "poor Rick" story.

Ms. Carol is busy into making plans and reservations for our upcoming vacation to Scotland this year. What follows is taken from her "pre-scrapping" for a scrapbook.

Carol writes: "Our first minor upset in planning began with the B&B we had hoped to spend our first two nights. Our friends Olga and Tony, had rooms the first night but not the second. She recommended a nearby B&B, and I phoned the woman after looking at her website. The rooms ranged from $150 to $105, and I chose one of the lower priced ones.

SHE: "Why did you choose that one?"

ME (Carol): "We will be out 16 nights and need to stick with a budget"

SHE: "It is a small room and has a small shower."

ME: "That's OK ... it is only for two nights."

SHE: "It is on the ground floor. You can hear people walking upstairs."

ME: (lol!) "After flying all night, we won't hear it."

SHE: "The other double is the same price."

ME: "But we want the king bed ... we both snore and can sleep on the edges."

SHE: "Well, this room has a door to the garden. You can send HIM out there!"

ME: "I'll take it!!" cheers
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:55 am

Havin fun.....more tomorrow.....yehaaaww
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 am

RICK
When are you going to Scotland? Carol is so organized! When we went, we didn't reserve rooms anywhere, we just bumbled along. I guess we were lucky we didn't end up sleeping in the car Laughing . Once we ended up over a pub. That was interesting.... We want reports!!!

CB
What's on the agenda today?

TRUDY
Funny how you hate the time change and I love it Laughing . I hate the fall time change, though. If they would leave it like it is now, I would be happy about it. I like long afternoons.

Donnie took a vacation day yesterday and worked all day. He trimmed Trinket and Zippy, and cleared a lot of brambles and such from one fence line. Tired guy. Today the farrier is coming. He is only going to do Ivan and Areion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2016   March 2016 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2016
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next