Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2020

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

APRIL 2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 1:18 pm

There are the first little goslings of the season.  Two parents, 7 little ones paddling furiously to keep up.  They too, will have to learn that my yard is not a hospitable place.  If they didn't leave such a mess behind, they would be more welcome.

Now it's Saturday.  
Yesterday, I cleaned my sliding glass doors.  Instead of using the usual Sprayway cleaner, I used a marine wax on them.  (Star Brite marine wax.)  It goes on easily and wipes off just as easily.  Then, it rained a lot of the night and into the morning.  Guess what.  No water spots.  NONE.  The glass is cleaner and clearer than it's ever been.  
Since the wax is considerably more expensive than other cleaners, I will only use it on the outside.  It isn't nearly so discouraging to clean them knowing that the first rain will mean they have to be cleaned again.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 1:29 pm

We go back to no isolation on Saturday, May 1.................this will be interesting................face masks, of course.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:04 pm

Indiana is beginning to open up too. Thank goodness! The few times I've been out, I'm not sure how many have actually changed their daily lives. The restaurant owners certainly have. Many of them have been giving away meals to people who need them. (And, I suspect to some who don't NEED them.)
I wanted to mow today and had to get gas for both mowers. There were the usual number of cars on the road. The grass hasn't grown too much yet, so I could have waited another week. We have 3 days of rain coming up, which I'm sure the grass will like.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:57 am

Things are looking up here in PA also.  Many more cars on the road and a start opening date of May 8th for certain counties.  People are getting fed up.  I went to the grocery store this morning at 6 AM for the special Senior Citizen shopping hour, there were 5 yes 5 cars in the lot.  5 people in the store and 3 cashiers.  CRAZY Don't they realize that Senior Citizens don't drive in the dark?  HAHAHAHA

Had to call my dentist yesterday, thank God I have her cell phone number.  I think I'm getting a abscess...I tried to tell my teeth "this is not a good time for anything crazy to be happening"...they refused to listen.  Dr Wilson called me in a antibiotic and I get to see her next Monday after I finish the antibiotics for a x-ray.  Praying I don't need a stupid root canal. 

ELLEN:  We made more of your wonderful bread recipe.  Cut it in half and only made 2 small loaves.  Love that bread.  Thanks for the recipe.  So much better that store bread and so easy too.

2 of the feral cats had their kittens.  Life is moving on no matter what the government says, the grass is growing, the trees are blooming, birds are busy building nests and cats are having kittens.  

Stay safe & healthy...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Trudy, I'm so happy that recipe is working for you.  Since I discovered how well my stand mixer works for bread making, I haven't bought bread in at least a year and a half.  
I have 3 one pound loaf pans and usually make three smaller loaves.  2 pound and a half loaves are too big for me, and it goes stale before I can use it.  When I make it, I use one and put the other two in the freezer as soon as they are cool enough to handle.  When they come out of the freezer, they are like new fresh bread.

Travis is a very happy camper this evening. At the end of last summer their inboard speed boat had a major problem with the engine, that was going to require a whole new engine. Travis spent quite a few of the winter evenings working on it... taking out the old engine and putting in the new one. He'd done all he could without having it in the water. This evening was the big event. They launched it and it runs perfectly. There is just nothing that sounds as good as an inboard.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 pm

Riding a good horse is good, too, ELLEN....................

walk horse walk horse walk horse
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:11 pm

In my mind, the sound of a nice inboard engine is second to the sound of horses walking on a paved road. I have loved that sound since I was old enough to know what it was - about 2 years old. I have a picture of me sitting in front of my uncle on a horse. I was very happy and not the least bit afraid of being up so high. I was ON A HORSE.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Time to change the calendar! Go to :

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t105-may-2020#12613

Or click on "Basket", then click on "May 2020".

See you there!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2020   APRIL 2020 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2020
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3