Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OCTOBER 2020

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:30 pm

October 2020 !!

OCTOBER 2020 32116210

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm

Happy Fall, Happy October!

We are having lovely fall weather. It is cool and clear, nice sunny weather with blue skies.

The above photo of the lady in purple with the white mule is somewhat local. She has a place in our former county where she hosts AERC and NATRC rides. She is a purple-holic Laughing . She is also a fantastic fiddler. Talented lady!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Cool pictures ARK..............That looks like a Friesian in the upper pic.............

I'm sure glad fall is here.............it's cooler here by about 4-5 degrees and it makes a difference, for sure.

Happy October to all.............

cheers cheers cheers

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Only 102 today........humidity 14%................Whew.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Our high today was 52°. I took a friend for a golf cart ride to the little local store. I didn't wear a jacket and wished I had.
We are having a neighborhood party to welcome some new neighbors tomorrow afternoon. It was supposed to be an outdoor affair, but they decided to move it into a garage where it would be a little warmer. I was glad they made that decision.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 pm

It was 60 degrees here today with lots of sunshine and a stiff breeze. Pretty day. I helped load 108 bales of hay into our barn loft, so the coolness was nice. Then I cleaned the barn. I was pretty much wiped out all afternoon. Donnie went to work at his lab today, so he escaped all this. Tomorrow he has a pickup truck load of sawdust to unload into the barn, so he'll make it up.
I have 50 more bales of hay ordered, then should be done with hay deliveries for the year.

Our new trailer is being delivered on Monday! ClappingHands We chose reflective blue/red/blue stripes on the white trailer. I have a young lady coming this weekend to look at our gooseneck trailer. I hope she gets it, my yard is full of trailers these days.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 pm

What a nice afternoon! We had a neighborhood get-together to welcome new neighbors. They are very nice people who will fit right in with the rest of us. Two couples arranged for the main course which was a seafood boil. They had clams, scallops, shrimp, king crab legs, potatoes, corn or the cob, salads, and the rest of us supplied bits and pieces to the boil, along with a bunch of desserts. If anybody left hungry, it was their own fault.
We visited and laughed for nearly 4 hours.
It was supposed to be an outdoor party, but it was just a little too cold to stay outdoors, so one couple invited us gather in their very large garage. I've decided that it might not be such a great idea to "get well". Everybody was waiting on me hand and foot. I am soooo spoiled. Very Happy I took homemade ice cream and ganaché, which seems to meet with the approval of all. Very Happy
This is a really great place to live. Smile

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm

And another fun afternoon. Tuesday will be Little Miss Scarlett's 9th birthday, so they celebrated today. They have a pole barn where Travis works on all the boats and other water toys. It's a great place for a kid's party. Plenty of room to run around and make lots of noise and spill stuff and nobody cares. It is also where they watch football games on Sunday afternoons. A place where they can yell and cheer and spill beer and nobody cares. LOL
Ice cream cake finished off a nice afternoon.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 11:52 pm

ELLEN:
You are a party girl these days! :dance: I love your neighborhood... I can't believe Scarlet is already 9 years old. I bet her party was lots of fun!

Pretty day here, but a bit cool. We spent yesterday afternoon washing our gooseneck trailer within an inch of its life. The young woman came today and looked at it and said she would let us know if she wants it tomorrow. If not, we will post it for sale. At least it is clean! Sooooo clean.....

The new trailer arrives tomorrow around lunch time. wavy It will get its first usage on Wednesday when we haul Daisy and Areion to Va Tech to have their tootsies trimmed.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 am

Didn't anyone else see the Preakness yesterday? Sky Diver ran her heart out with Authentic a close second..............
a very proud filly..................

That's horseracing..........

Happy birthday to Scarlett.................they grow up so fast.............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 9:39 am

I didn't get to see the Preakness live since I was busy partying at post time. I did find a rerun when I got home. That was a really good race.
I've been watching Swiss Skydiver race this summer. She has won a couple of early races that she wasn't expected to win. She was sold through the 2018 Keeneland yearling sale for $35,000 - REALLY cheap. Her bloodlines are not from well known lines.
So, it's sort of a Cinderella story. Smile

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Weather report for the day, sunny but cool. Wish I could do more than just look out my office window to experience it. I'm hoping to power wash my trailer tonight so that I can park it in the barn for the winter. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty cold by the time I get it done now that the sun is going down early. Oh well, once I get the trailer washed and parked, the next project to buttoning up the place for winter will be mowing the field one final time and then the yard. Then winterizing the lawn tractor and weed whackers. Oh, and cutting back the last of the flowers, and then...... Ah, home ownership, it's just one project after another. I like to call my home life "Pick a Project" !

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Two more months of soft and liquid diet...then dr. Will schedule endoscopy to see if my stomach phas healed or not. Only good yhing us im losing weight 12 lbs sunce i got out of hospital. I need to biy smaller clothes.
I watched just the race...it was close.
Hope everyone is well and safe!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:16 am

CB, I hope the restricted diet will help you feel better.

It's a beautiful fall morning. The sun in the clear sky is beginning to light up the changing trees and there is a slight haze across the water. The ducks are out and about starting their day.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 12:42 pm

ARK, did you get your trailer?And, did your old one sell?

cheers cheers cheers

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 2:03 pm

I sat out at the bistro table, drank my coffee and listened to the birds making rage plans for the day & watching the
neighbors walk their dogs................we have a new Aussie puppy in the hood which makes 6 now.

Everyone have a great day..............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 pm

CB I hope you are feeling better to go along with the weight loss.

My trailer is / was dirtier than I realized. Tuesday night I started power washing it and had to get the scrub brush out to really scrub some of the places mildew had formed. On top of that I discovered that I must not have drained the wand properly last fall when I put it away because a seam split and not only does the water come out of the end of the wand, but a fine mist sprays everywhere out the top of the wand. Needless to say I was drenched. I only got one side and the back doors and ramp washed. I had to work late last night and I have a later appointment tonight. Friday nights are my night with the great-niece and nephew so not going to happen Friday. Hopefully the weekend weather will still be nice and I can get it finished up. Other wise it just may be going into the winter being a before and after example of a washed trailer!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 4:23 pm

Indy, a few years ago, I lost a pressure washer because it wasn't completely drained and sat in the cold garage all winter. It cracked the pump.
Last year, I got a new one so it spent last winter in my neighbors' basement. This year I loaned it to a friend who needed to use it. She's going to store it in a warm place for the winter for me.

I just saw the ortho and all is going very well. I can ditch the walker and use a walking stick now.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:33 pm

INDYAPP:
 Ha!  At least half your trailer, and all of you,  is nice and clean! Laughing   We used a sprayer with a 1:10 bleach/water on our old trailer and got it nice and clean.  It had sat under the trees and was nice and moldy looking.  It got bright and clean, but we didn't do it in a breeze, so we didn't get sprayed with it.  We gave it a light scrub with a sponge on a stick mop.  

GRAYMARE:
 Yep,  our new trailer arrived Monday, our old trailer left here with its new owner on Tuesday!  Today we got the new trailer tagged with the old trailer's plate  (Ivan--DC).   Now we just need to get it inspected and we will be totally legal.  The trailer came out of NC where they apparently don't inspect trailers.  Our yard doesn't look quite as used trailer lot like now. Very Happy

OCTOBER 2020 Goretr10

We used the new trailer yesterday when we took Daisy and Areion for their trims at Va Tech.  Our diesel Colorado truck pulled it easily and it was so much nicer than pulling the gooseneck with our larger, gas-guzzling red truck.  Daisy got rid of that new trailer smell fairly quickly.... Rolling Eyes  

Trailer at night:

OCTOBER 2020 Goretr11

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 pm

ELLEN:
Congrats on doing so well with your hip surgery recovery!!! cheers cheers wavy

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:40 pm

My oldest randi holding grtgrdson colt...and grdson kyles wife katrina whi is expecting a cowgirl in december.

OCTOBER 2020 12089510

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 11:21 am

Very nice trailer ARK, may you see many happy miles with it...........

CB, that picture is just too cute.............

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Awww CB, that picture is adorable!

There are some pretty spiffy walking sticks out there ELLEN. You could really make a fashion statement if you wanted to.

Love the new trailer ARK. I hope you put many happy miles on it.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Oooooo. Pretty trailer, Ark. That will sure be easy to see at night.

CB, all three people in that picture look happy, as does the pony. Smile

Indy, about 20 years ago, my cousin carved the top of this stick for me. It is an aspen sapling from Colorado. It has a horse head and my name carved in it. It's very sturdy.
Early this morning, I made a half-awake trip to the bathroom with the stick. I had planted the stick, leaned on it, and took a step - right into the base of the stick with my little toe leading the way. I now have a beautiful purple toe. That will teach me to be more awake before I step.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 7:15 pm

CB. adorable pic!  Love it!

ELLEN, you just go on with your bad self, get a wildly striped walking stick!

ARK, just love the new trailer.  So much easier to handle/haul with although my dear daughter much prefers the 3 horse gn.  So she does all the hauling, cause Mom sure isn't.  We are getting the 2 horse ready to sell.  Put new tires on yesterday and will go in for all update maintenance next week.

APPY, Robin took the GN and truck to a truck wash and got them both sparkly!  Just still have to wash the roof off.

GM, have decided on my last horse, an 8 yo POA gelding, with a nice slow little jog (so comfy) and a really nice lope.  He (KM Amazing San Peppy ((barn name Cheetah)) is in Westminster, MD and will be transported directly to a trainer in Summerville, GA for refresher training for 30-60 days until the trainer and Robin agree that he is "Mom" ready!  Now I just need to decide on a transporter.  Cheetah is 14hh so I'll have to still use a block (ok by me anyway).  I'm finally going to have a spotted butt back in my life!

Just finished making some deviled eggs with some diced jalapeno
peppers, yum, yum!

Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OCTOBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 2020
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next