Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OCTOBER 2020

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose

OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 7:15 pm

CB. adorable pic!  Love it!

ELLEN, you just go on with your bad self, get a wildly striped walking stick!

ARK, just love the new trailer.  So much easier to handle/haul with although my dear daughter much prefers the 3 horse gn.  So she does all the hauling, cause Mom sure isn't.  We are getting the 2 horse ready to sell.  Put new tires on yesterday and will go in for all update maintenance next week.

APPY, Robin took the GN and truck to a truck wash and got them both sparkly!  Just still have to wash the roof off.

GM, have decided on my last horse, an 8 yo POA gelding, with a nice slow little jog (so comfy) and a really nice lope.  He (KM Amazing San Peppy ((barn name Cheetah)) is in Westminster, MD and will be transported directly to a trainer in Summerville, GA for refresher training for 30-60 days until the trainer and Robin agree that he is "Mom" ready!  Now I just need to decide on a transporter.  Cheetah is 14hh so I'll have to still use a block (ok by me anyway).  I'm finally going to have a spotted butt back in my life!

Just finished making some deviled eggs with some diced jalapeno
peppers, yum, yum!

Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 10:55 pm

CB:
Very cute great grandson, pony, daughter, and daughter-in-law! flower
Hope you are feeling better. hug

ROSE:
Congrats on new POA!! wavy We need pix... rear

ELLEN:
I do believe that every nerve in my body runs thru my toes....which are blind and accident prone. Sorry about your purple toe. hug

GRAYMARE:
Will the kids be trick or treating in your neighborhood this year? I can't decide if it is good or bad, but at least kids will have masks on.

INDYAPP:
How long was your ride the other day? It sounded like fun. I used to love the ACTHA rides, I took Ivan to 10 of them. We never did well, but they were still fun. Very Happy Now I would love to do another, but the organization fell apart, not sure why.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 1:30 am

BIG CONGRATS ROSE............I hope you have many happy hours with your new friend and great rides. We need pics when you have him. Appy halloween Rose.

No ARK, we don't have trick or treat in our hood any more.............the kids go to churches for trunk & treats.
They love it and relieve the neighborhoods of random acts of tricks. Gosh, I don't know what's happening
but we close our gates at 4P, that way if any of the wee ones want treats they're welcome here. I certainly hope we don't
have protesting anywhere around. Our country is such a mess right now.

I just want peace for all................

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 am

Me too GM, Peace! Promise pics soon as he gets here!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Nobody ever types anything on Saturday evenings so
I am going to type something.

SOMETHING.................

lol! lol! lol!

Ark and Rose like this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 12:06 am

GRAYMARE

I will type SOMETHING ELSE! lol!

It rained all day here today. We didn't go anywhere and only did barn work. Had a nice nap on a rainy afternoon.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 9:09 am

I'll just type GOOD MORNING.Smile

We had a beautiful Saturday, but I think Indian summer is coming to an end. Today and tomorrow will be cloudy and possibly rainy.
The leaf color is getting good now, and those orange and red and rust colors are lying all over my deck.

Trudy, where are you?
CB, how are you doing?
Indy, did you get more winter prep done yesterday?

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 10:13 am

Our morning here is still dark and cool.............birds aren 't up yet. Sun comes up about 6:30 A and goes down now about 6 P.
Things are going well...........any trail rides on the horizon for ARK and INDY? Is your friend there yet ROSE?

Anyhow it's going to be around 95 today with 14% humidity. We're tired today as we had company all afternoon yesterday
and football, of course.

Everyone have a great day..................

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Yeah Rose. Love them spots. I miss having them too.

The LoveWay Ride was about 10 miles. It was picture perfect and beautiful. The ride covers private land that 3 or 4 families own. They open their properties up this one time each year for this ride. I sure wish it was public land or open more often. It sure is beautiful. (and no I wasn't sore the next day.)

I should take my trailer to the car wash instead of doing it at home. There is even one in town that is extra tall that has a balcony so you can do the top of trailers. Two minor problems, the main one is I'm too frugal to spend the money on it and two it's really not in the best part of town. My luck I'd be there when a drug bust took place. LOL. I did finish washing my trailer on Saturday though. It looks pretty good for a 20+ year old trailer.

I also tossed about 60 bales down from the hayloft and stacked them in my hay stall Saturday morning. My arms and shoulders were done for the day by 1:00. pfffttt.

Yesterday was suppose to be rainy, but it turned out beautiful. Bill worked on sorting through some boxes from his house and I pulled weeds from the flower beds, cut back the peonies and Iris's. Oh, and went to the grocery store. Have I ever said how much I hate going to the grocery store? The CoVid gives me an excuse not to go. I only go about every 3-4 weeks now. I do eat pretty good right after though. I've got country style pork ribs in the crock pot for dinner tonight. yummm.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Yeah Rose. Love them spots. I miss having them too.

The LoveWay Ride was about 10 miles. It was picture perfect and beautiful. The ride covers private land that 3 or 4 families own. They open their properties up this one time each year for this ride. I sure wish it was public land or open more often. It sure is beautiful. (and no I wasn't sore the next day.)

I should take my trailer to the car wash instead of doing it at home. There is even one in town that is extra tall that has a balcony so you can do the top of trailers. Two minor problems, the main one is I'm too frugal to spend the money on it and two it's really not in the best part of town. My luck I'd be there when a drug bust took place. LOL. I did finish washing my trailer on Saturday though. It looks pretty good for a 20+ year old trailer.

I also tossed about 60 bales down from the hayloft and stacked them in my hay stall Saturday morning. My arms and shoulders were done for the day by 1:00. pfffttt.

Yesterday was suppose to be rainy, but it turned out beautiful. Bill worked on sorting through some boxes from his house and I pulled weeds from the flower beds, cut back the peonies and Iris's. Oh, and went to the grocery store. Have I ever said how much I hate going to the grocery store? The CoVid gives me an excuse not to go. I only go about every 3-4 weeks now. I do eat pretty good right after though. I've got country style pork ribs in the crock pot for dinner tonight. yummm.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Hmmm not sure how the double post happened. Must be computer gremlins.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Im doing better on my liquid AND soft food diet. I combine the two. Im not as hungry. Since i went to hospital to this morning ive lost 16 lbs in less than a month. I want a hamburger so badly! Since i had the dental problem june 27 until now ive lost 49 lbs. Its good...but losing it so fast im feeling weak...losing my muscle tone.
Rose...i love spots.
Indy sounds like a great ride...glad you had a good time.
Ellen...fall colirs should be pretty...picture needed as being in desert no trees!
Ark...enjoy your trailer.
Trudy...how ya doin?
Ruck..how ya doin.
GM..its still very warm here in nm.
My odie is at the vet....hum please.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Indy, do you have a truck stop anywhere near? They often have wash bays for the trucks that would handle larger vehicles.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 pm

ELLEN, what a great idea. I never thought about that. I don't know of any here in Elkhart on my side of town, but there are two close to where SAPP lived. I'll have to check them out and see if either of them have wash bays.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 pm

My rugs are all squeaky clean and smelling good. Handyman/Neighbor brought his equipment, pulled the rugs out on the deck and garage and gave them a good cleaning.
Boy, do I like having a neighborhood handyman. Yes, I do pay him. He is doing this as a business, and I want him to keep doing it. It is so nice to have somebody I can call to do maintenance things.

It was a beautiful day, but the temperatures are going to start going down.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 am

Hello everyone.  Just checking in.  I'm still alive and kicking.  Kicking mostly...George brought me a new laptop & cell phone for my birthday and it's been one nightmare after another trying to get things set up.  I HATE new technology stuff.  Nothing stays the same and I am a person who hates changes.  I feel like I'm running in circles.
Still working on getting this old farm house painted.  Hopefully we will finish next week before cold weather arrives.
We are both fine health wise, keeping one step in front of the stupid virus.  One more Veteran funeral to attend next month.  The WWII, Korea & Nam Vets are passing at a amazing speed lately.  Guess we are getting old.Still grieving over my friend Karen.  It's been rough for all of us who loved her so.

Love & prayers for all.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 10:59 am

Hey CB, how's Odie doing?  

Oh TRUDY, I know your frustration.

It's going to be a good day here, birds are singing, sun is up, and all is well so far.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Odie seems yo be dping better on his meds...five a day....GM
Im at my ent appt finally and will see whats up. To get here...we thought there was a wreck...we were in a long line of stopped cars...i called to see how close we were and i walked to my appt. Found out harry was in a covid testing line
Lol....lol....i wish i could have seen his expression....wish i couuld have seen the testers expression when he said...wtf? I always miss the fun...lol
Trudy...i still want to pick up the phone and call my friend sherry...its been 12 years. Know how you feel.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 pm

I snorted when I read Harry was in the CoVid testing line CB. How funny. Elkhart is having a spike in positive tests right now. I have a co-worker whose husband works with someone who just tested positive. So now her husband has been tested and they and their little boy are isolating while waiting on the test results. I hope they come back negative.

Good luck with the painting MANYGATES. Weather changed here today. This morning when I went out to feed it was in the 60s. I dressed for the 60s. At noon it was in the 40s. Definitely chilly. Gray and overcast too.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

CB, I've told my friends about Harry, too. I really laughed about him being stuck in the Covid 19 line. Did he have a fit
when you got home?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 4:11 pm

He had a few choice words to say when i came put of doctors office.
.lol

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm

CB, since he was already in the line, did he get tested? Very Happy

Ooooo, I love my Instant Pot. Ribs that fall off the bone are delicious. Season them with Montreal seasoning, then into the pot for 35 minutes. When they are done, smear a generous amount of Sweet Baby Rays on them and put them under the broiler for about 4 minutes per side.
Grab a supply of paper towels and enjoy. YUM!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 9:57 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 10:19 pm

No he didnt get tested.not having any symptoms...but it was funny....
Odie continues to feel better. He.has.a hard time walking very far tho. So im still worried.
One day at a time.....
Everyone have a good weekend.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: KM Amazing San Peppy (Chetah)   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm

ARK, I hope you can put up a pic of Chetah from what I sent. Everyone who loves spots, think we'll all be pleased.  I'm still living vicariously through your rides!

His pre-purchase exam is the Oct 22nd.  then he will ship to a trainer in Georgia for maybe 30 days, shipping November 5th.  The trainer is just for refresher training (because Robin says he has to be 100% safe for her Mom).  I know you probably can't see in the pics but he has a really nice butt(with lots of spots).  He's 14hh so def pony height but a jog and lope to die for,

CB, so glad Odie is doing better and that you are healing.

Appy, so glad you had a nice ride.  Life is great when you can ride.
Is the trailer ready for the winter now?

Ellen, you have the best neighborhood, and on the lake is just the best ever.  I have a great neighbor across that does all my handy man stuff and even tho always refuses I give him some dollars every time.

Trudy, hope your painting is getting closer to being done.  And you are right, we are losing our Veterans to quickly now it seems.

GM, we've missed our monthly phone calls so far but I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Hugs all around!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 10:55 pm

I had a little something to do with my neighbor becoming a handyman. He is a retired fire chief of one of our bigger cities, but had taken a job to have something to do. He didn't like that job. One day, he and his wife were driving by on their golf cart when I happened to be cleaning up some left over leaves. They went home and got the backpack blower and came back to help me do the job. I paid him with homemade ice cream. As we talked, I mentioned that I had some other things I wished he would do, and said I would gladly pay him (money) to do it. That inspired him to think about doing little jobs like that.
So, within a couple of weeks, he had lined up several jobs just by word of mouth. He now has several regular mowing jobs, he does pressure washing, or almost any kind of work that doesn't involve electricity or plumbing.
His wife, a newly retired school teacher, sometimes helps with some of the jobs, and has picked up some cleaning jobs of her own.
They are wonderful neighbors in lots of ways.
By the way, they have a Basset Hound puppy and a pet pig. LOL The pig thinks its a dog. She walks around with her tail wagging, just like a dog does. The pig and the puppy finally became friends and sleep together in one dog bed after they wear themselves out playing tug of war.

Rose, look up a race track lead pony named Harley. He is an American Sugarbush. He's a big black draft horse with a great big blanket of spots on his rump. He is a regular at Churchill and Keeneland. I don't know if the flighty Thoroughbreds sense that he is like a big brother to protect them or not, but he's big enough they can bounce around all they want and he just keeps going. Breyer even made a model of him.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2020   OCTOBER 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 2020
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next