Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DECEMBER 2020

Go down 
+2
Ark
Manygatess
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 1:36 pm

santa  rendeer  santa  rendeer December 2020 santa  rendeer  santa  rendeer

DECEMBER 2020 Bingch10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm

DECEMBER 2020 Fergus10
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Oh gads ARK, what a nutcase to have that kind of fire on a windy day..............

Nice day after all, ELLEN, another Thanksgiving...........YUM.

I'm here for now back tonight when I can type details the accident.........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Graymare, did you find out how it happened? Knowing what happened won't change the result, but we always want to know.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Yes, I did. I thought no-one was interested.

The wife was tired of driving. Anyhow, after stopping for a meal.................husband said he would drive. This
is known from a close friend that was called just minutes before the accident. That friend was in MN
and was checking all along the way. Anyhow, they flew off the highway at 70 mph into a ravine
after flipping several times, totally smashed. It was determined later the husband had a sudden
cardiac death minute or two before. Hope she died quickly, too...........By the time police arrived they were
both dead. They had no will and this will now be tied up in courts for months/years, They had two
houses, property, cars, and just everything..........second marriage, kids, relatives etc...........pure headache
plus the sadness of it. So, make sure you have a will folks.

AND, enjoy every minute you're here...........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Wow! Something unavoidable. Very sad for all. And, what a financial mess. I'm so sorry for everyone involved and all their friends who will miss them.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 pm

GRAYMARE:
That is so sad. I hope the wife was sleeping when the car went out of control. Sorry for their loss, their friends must be devastated. Sad

On a similar sad note, Donnie's youngest sister died this morning after a couple of weeks in a coma. She was an alcoholic and it caught up with her, multiple organ failure. She was declared brain dead this morning and didn't take a breath when they took her off the ventilator. They are going to cremate her and have a service sometime next spring or summer. I met her when she was a cute early teenager. Sad how her life went.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 am

DONNIE & ARK, hugs to you guys((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 am

OMG so much heartache going on all around.

ARK & DONNIE:  Big hugs...and prayers.

GRAYMARE:  What a horrific accident.  Praying your friend was asleep when they wrecked. 

We just did new wills this week after talking about it for years.  Good advice from the attorney..."Don't worry yourself about giving certain things to the kids, you'll be gone and they'll fight about it anyway, divide it 5 ways and move onto enjoying what is left of your lives here on earth."  "If you want them to have something special, give it now while you are alive and both can enjoy the giving and receiving."

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:12 am

Ark, that is so sad about your sister-in-law. Addictions can ruin so many lives, not just the person, but those around them.

Graymare, I was thinking the same thing about hoping the wife was sleeping when the car went off the road. I guess that's something we'll never know.

Trudy, that is such good advice from your attorney.
What's going on with little Gemma?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 1:43 am

ELLEN:
 You are right about alcoholism hurting those around them.  

Well, so the rest of our past week news:  

The guy that bought the house next door to flip and then burned huge brush fires on the windiest day in weeks,  managed to not burn down the neighborhood and has put the house on the market.  Good.

We were exposed to Covid 19 by Hanna who was here riding Areion on the 22nd.  The next day she started having symptoms and tested positive.  So Donnie and I have been self-quarantining for the past week and a half.  No symptoms for us, thankfully.  We only saw her outside near the horse in the arena and there was a breeze.  Last I heard, Hanna had flu-like symptoms.  She is 25 and basically immortal.   Thankfully we didn't haul Areion to Pandapas with Ivan on the following Tuesday when Hanna was just getting into her illness.

I had to have 50 bales of hay returned to the seller after it started molding badly.  It was third cutting and oh, so pretty...until it turned into bricks of mold.  He took it back and returned my money, but now I have to find more hay.  Darn it.

Donnie got his bad knee injected yesterday and it hurts worse today, he can barely walk.  The doctor said no surgery to replace the knee until the virus is controlled..  Supposedly, his knee will feel better in a couple of days.    I decided getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist wasn't worth the risk and cancelled it.  

A lady Donnie worked with died of the virus and they have closed the plant for the foreseeable future.  Those that can work from home are.  Donnie is retiring, officially, at the end of this month, but hasn't been into the plant in about 3 weeks.  He works at home.  There have been other cases there, but this is the first death.

We are now calling in to stores and having things brought out to the parking lot instead of going inside.  We hope not to get that virus before the vaccine shows up...There are too many idiots who either don't wear masks or take them off once they get into the store or they wear the masks under their noses. Rolling Eyes

Feather, the kitten, is growing like a weed and has been a bright spot in a drab week.  She is so darn cute.

So that's been our week!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello all, so much has happened.

ELLEN Happy Belated Birthday. Congratulations on the new telephone.

ARK happy to see that Annie is home and feeling better. I loved your pictures. I love when the horses are fuzzy and look like they are wearing their flannel jammies.

GRAYMARE and ARK so sorry for the loss of your friends and family.

The county commissioners have passed a law (?) that it is now mandatory to wear masks and that if businesses don't enforce the mask rules, they can be fined. The sheriff has announced that his department will not respond to calls regarding non-compliance and will not be responsible for enforcing it. ???
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Well, today said good bye to my Instapot. The little opening that you could release the steam would not
stay closed..............we tried to fix it but it was a bust. And, I didn't trust it. So it went to the trash and
now I'm using the crock pot which is just as good, just slower. And, I can get along just fine with
what I have. And right now it smells so good I can't tell the difference.

Where does the time go............a very busy day here and now it's 4P..............

Oh wow ARK. A covid death within your circle..........I don''t blame you for isolating. Glad you didn't go to
the park, for sure.

So far so good here at least...............

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 pm

Graymare, I'm sorry to hear about your Instant Pot. There are some good sales on them now. I know that now that I've had one, if anything happened to it, I would definitely get another one.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Sadness   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:24 am

Ark, so very sorry for the death of your sister in law and Donnie's work partner.  So glad you didn't go to the park also.

GM, so very sorry for the terrible loss of your friends.  God Bless and bring peace to family and friends.

Ark, hope you got all the pics.  And just saying, you are a very talented artist!!!!

To you wonderful folks inspired to decorate live trees, bless you.  If I found a potted 3-4 foot tree that I could transplant after the holidays, I would also but guess I'll just do my 3.5 food artificial, led lit tree.  

Has anyone had contact with CB?  I'm concerned.

On a happy note, Robin and I are going to GA to bring Chetah home on 4 Jan 21!  And we'll make a stop in Aiken, SC at Dover Saddlery to fix me up with a Hit-Air vest as I recently found out that the wicked pain in my shoulder is caused by degenerative cervical discs, arthritis and stenosis so I want to protect my neck.  Waiting for spinal VA doc to do a phone visit with me to discuss treatment, etc.

Please, everyone, social distance, wash hands and wear your damn masks!

Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:27 am

ELLEN, glad you're brave enough to tackle learning a new phone!  My Samsung Galaxy 9 better last me another few years.  I'm challenged with new technology!
 Belated Happy, Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 am

ROSE:
Where did you send the pix? I haven't found them yet, but it could be just slow getting here.
Hurray that your new horsey is coming home soon!! wavy

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:59 am

ROSE:
Oh, you sent them to my phone. I have a slow connection for pix on that thing, but I am sure they will arrive soon! Very Happy

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:46 pm

Oh Diane, so sorry on the pics being so slow!

Hey, all you history buffs, especially military ones, History Channel is showing many Pearl Harbor secrets and info today.  Don't know that I'll get any housework done today, glued to the tv.  And of course ordering special stuff for my boy in between!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:28 pm

If you need some easy breakfast recipe to make things more interesting, try this one. It's VERY EASY and VERY GOOD.
My neighbors have been so good to me, often bringing me treats and other food. So, I decided to deliver a warm breakfast to them this morning. I did most of it last night and put it in the refrigerator. This morning, I just cut up the biscuits, added them to the mix and baked it. It was still too hot to handle when I delivered it. Both couples immediately wanted the recipe.

https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/815375043/grands-biscuit-breakfast-casserole/

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm

YUM..................

I, too, am worried about CB.....................does she show up on facebook?

Oh, and INDY, hope things abcome a comfortable pace for you. I'm sure you're about shot.

Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:20 am

Good morning everyone...

ELLEN:  I received some bad news about baby Gemma yesterday.  Her mother was bailed out of jail, she in turn bailed out her boyfriend and they had a emergency hearing and the judge gave both kids back to her.  I couldn't believe my ears.  They were charged with shooting up a car, unlicensed guns, drugs, robbery & assault.  What is wrong with our court system?  Why would they ruin 2 little babies lives like that, removed them from a home where they could have had a normal life?  And they want to put us in jail for not wear a stupid mask.  God help us....I'm so angry...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 am

I just don't get it. Why would any judge put little children in such danger? I'd bet the "boyfriend" has done terrible things to little Gemma.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:23 pm

They or someone must be paying the judge off...................that makes no sense at all..............

Prayers TRUDY for Gemma and your family............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 pm

TRUDY:
I am so sorry about Gemma's situation. That judge sounds like one who will end up on the nightly news when one of his judgments causes a disaster.

GRAYMARE:
I have seen CB respond to posts on FaceBook, although not in a few days. Hopefully no one is sick.

Anyone want to buy the house next door to us? It is for sale, again. The guy who bought it to flip has listed it for sale for about hundred thousand more than he got it for, but he did clean it up quite a bit. You can see a bit of our barn and house in photos # 42 and 45. The angles are a bit deceptive in a lot of the photos, so it looks bigger than it actually is. But it is fair size. Some of it is older than it states, too. The original parts of the house were built in the early 1800s.

https://homes.swvarealty.com/idx/details/listing/b269/410508#/

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DECEMBER 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2020   DECEMBER 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

DECEMBER 2020
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next