Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2020

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Graymare

September 2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Cool, ELLEN.............strut like a parade...............

ROFL ROFL ROFL :dance:

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 9:37 pm

CB, get well soon...............hope you don't need surgery............

Everyone. have a great evening.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 6:41 pm

I saw the ortho this afternoon. He said I am doing just fine and to keep doing what I've been doing. I'll see him again in two weeks.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm

I hope i get as good of report on my appt. Thats some great news.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Weather is suppose to be super tomorrow for the Love Way Trail Ride. I hooked up the trailer earlier in the week and opened it up to air the mustiness out. Walked Lily up to it to see how she was going to load... She was a champ. Other than smelling the mustiness she walked right in. She hasn't been in a trailer for at least 6 years. Seeing how I led her home from the neighbor's when I got her I had no idea how well she was trained to load. Someone put a lot of time into her to get the basics in place.

CB sorry to hear you're on a liquid diet. But I'm not sure about the pureed cheeseburger. Everyone take care and stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Indy, I hope you had a good ride today. It was certainly good weather for it.
The leaves are just starting to change color now. Very pretty.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 pm

CB:
Hope you are feeling better and get that liquid cheeseburger you want!

ELLEN:
Great news about your surgery! It must be different from knee surgery, Donnie had to do PT twice a week for months. Then the virus showed up and that was the end of that.

INDYAPP:
Tell us how the ride went!!! Did you take pix? Nice that your mare loaded so well after so long!

GRAYMARE:
Is it cooling off in AZ yet? We have had some chilly nights here. Nice.

Well our yearly hay making is over. We didn't get it all, the baler bailed on us for a few hours and we didn't get about a third of the field baled. Donnie finally figured out its problem and was baling late into the night. The latest hurricane (Beta?) sent us rain a day earlier than they predicted when we planned everything. We ended up getting up at 2 a.m. and loading hay into the haybarn, then going and getting another load and unloading it. It was very dark down there surrounded by woods during the darkest of the night. Donnie had seen a bear earlier that morning, so we assumed it was having fun watching us lug haybales around in the dark. We did get 61 bales in before the rain started, but just barely. It was misty/rainy all day on Thursday, then it poured rain all day Friday. That last third of the mowed hay is not going to be baled, Donnie will scatter it when things dry out a bit. I ordered 150 square bales from the guy I usually get hay from today and they will deliver it next week. So hay problems are basically over for the year. ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 pm

Now I'm wondering how Indy"s ride went................
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 7:38 am

Hello everyone. Yes, I'm still hanging around. Life has been so crazy here in PA. But all is well.
Funeral after funeral lately. I'm worn out attending the services of friends.

Busy painting the outside of the house for weeks a little at a time. The contractors finally showed up last Thursday, everything is so far behind here in PA because of crazy Tom Wolf shutting us down again and again. This is going to the LAST time I paint this dog gone house. LOL Seems I said that a few years ago and then along came the hurricane last spring. We make plans and God laughs.

Praying for everyone and I am reading on occasion.

ELLEN: Wear your crazy socks with PRIDE. I have all kinds of crazy fun socks, socks for every holiday. Of course, we all know I have been crazy for years. Me & a freind from church try to out do each other with our fun socks.

ARK: Congrats on the new trailer.

CB: Praying for you to get back on your feet.

I'm off to the dentist this morning. 2 more teeth to get filled and hopefully I'm finished there for a long while.
Stay safe & healthy everyone.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 2:36 pm

The ride was FANTASTIC! Everything went right for once. The weather was perfect. They always have us park in one of the pastures. It's a little hilly. I've been known to get stuck on the wet grass trying to go up the hill without gunning the truck and bouncing the horse around. Grass being wet from the heavy dew this time of year. They changed the direction that we parked from facing east to facing north and it made all the difference in the world. (I'm not the only person that has gotten stuck on the hill in the past.) Lilly was a doll. Not as laid back as I had hoped, but not near as energetic as Tiberius. I won a fabulous door prize of a gift certificate to an Amish meat & cheese store. Lilly got 2 great apples to eat. One from the breakfast brown bag (she got the apple I got the pumpkin cake w/cream cheese frosting) and one from the lunch brown bag along with the baby carrots. (I got the ham & cheese sandwich, cheetos and a cookie.) We were both pooped by the time we got home though. I think I was home by 2. She immediately found a nice sandy spot to lay down and roll after the others ran her around a bit for leaving them and I took a nap. Sleep

Ark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Indy, that's great to have such a good time, and have everything go so well. Yesterday was a super weather day.

It's been raining today, but we need it, so good all around.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 5:16 pm

INDY, hereafter, drive trailer up hill empty, then load the horse............works well. I've had to do that many times
after rain or when the ground has a lot of dew...............

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 am

Unfortunately GRAYMARE the problem is the horse is already loaded in the trailer as we are arriving and the layout of the place doesn't allow for me to off load the horse then park the trailer short of off loading in the road before entering the property. But yeah, I would agree empty trailer would be best. They are a great group of people. When it happens they just pull out the tractor, hook up a tow strap and give a little tug to get the rigs moving again.

They posted pictures on their FaceBook page, LoveWay Inc org yesterday if you want to see the beautiful views. They must have had a new photographer this year as the pics aren't as nice as they have been in the past. A lot of pics of the back side of the horses as they were walking away from the photographer. And a lot of pics of the same groups. I didn't see my pic anywhere, but that's probably better. Might have broke the camera! I heard they had 120 riders. ELLEN perhaps next year you need to come?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 9:51 am

Indy, I would love to participate next year, but it has been so long since I've been on a horse, it would have to be one that is completely bomb proof. And, after the ride, it would probably be a week before I could walk again from getting so sore. Very Happy
I really am glad you had a good ride.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 pm

INDYAPP:
Glad you had a fun ride! How long was it? Are you still sore?? Very Happy

CB:
Surgery? Or not??

ELLEN:
Your hip must be feeling better if you are planning on a ride next year!! Hope you go!

Time to change the calendar. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t110-october-2020#12904

Or click on "Basket" then "October 2020"
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2020   September 2020 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2020
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: