Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2012

Go down 
+8
TWHRider
Indyapp
Ol'Man
sunny 57
Ellen E
Manygatess
Rick Angell
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

September 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks for letting us know, Ark. Sure am sorry you are having a problem though. Keep in touch the best you can.
Prayers going for you.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Prayers Ark .... Hope this is a short stay with a pretty quick fix. Sorry you are there at all though!!!!! (((ARK))))
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:02 pm

sorry you are in the hospital again praying that you get better quickly have they told you what happened, is it related to the blood problem you had or something new
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Oh ARK..................that's sure a bummer.............hope you are on your way home tomorrow and feeling A-OK..................prayers from here.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 am

ARK: Prayers going up to the heavens for you. Good grief, just when you were getting back to your old self. God bless you girl...

Love and extra prayers......
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you all. I am feeling very well, bored with being attached to this bed by so many cords. I have a stress test coming up this morning. After having an echocardiogram this morning that didn't show anything obviously wrong, I talked them into letting me do the treadmilltest instead of the chemically induced kind. I am almost looking forward to the exercise!

They haven't said this is related to the TTP syndrome, but I know it is. I will get better soon.

Poor Ivan probably wonders why we hauled him to Pandapas Pond Park on Saturday morning and then never unloaded him, but took him back home. My symptoms got worse instead of better, so Donnie hauled me off to the ER in nearby Radford who shipped me right off to Roanoke by ambulance.

They have a good cardiac unit here. I'll know later today if they think I need a stint or anything. I vote that I don't need one! I signed Ivan and me up for the Oct.13 ACTHA ride and would really like to go.

I will you know how it goes today......
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am

Ark, it sure is good to hear from you and that you are feeling better. In this case, feeling bored is a good thing. It means you feel good physically.

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Ark, bummer for you to be back in that ole hospital bed again. Hurry up and get well, we want a healthy happy family here.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow, miss a couple days here and all %$#@ breaks loose.

ARK hums coming your way.

CB, congrats on the new horse. I think. So what's the story behind the new guy. Perhaps we need to get you one of those shirts that say. "I do not need another horse. I DO not need another horse. I do NOT need another horse...." If I don't get back here before you leave, have a safe trip.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Ark, hope all goes well with the stress tests and stuff....so you can get outta of there! I'll be sending good vibes to you! I hope you can do the next ride coming up...take care and get out of there in good shape!

Indy App...thanks for the good wishes on the trip...and I probably didn't need another horse....but whats one more....Lady is pg, so it will be increasingly harder for her to be saddled and she will probably get s tad cranky too...she is a Pony afterall...and Missy Muleytude isn't ridable ...too young...and Nikki is sorta of retiring...not getting ridden as much...and Max is still too young...so kids have King to ride and play with at playdays, so I think the gd's will be stealing my mare and possibly Jasper as they are easy to get along with..and to handle....so ya see I needed another horse to break in for me...Jessi will fine tune him, and Stormy too....We'll have 7 riders down there in all...and have King, Rocky, Jasper, Stormy, Tank and Cinnamon, and Nikki lightly to ride year round until the young ones are ridable anyway and the pony weans her foal...so they will get used I'm sure and lots of attention too. I HAVE reached my limit tho...all the room I have in the trailers to haul them!

Harry was impressed by Rocky the new guy. He is 7, part Appy/Quarter with 3 white tall socks and a blaze and is bay in color. He will follow other horses and go all day in the hills, cross bridges, water, stands to be brushed without tying him...he has stood tied on camping trips and hauled beginners around...he doesn't buck or bite or kick....and he loves attention. He stood like an angel today while I put a fly mask on him and the vet drew his coggins...he really trusts people. Folks just had to downsize the amount of animals they had. I think the vet was impressed by how well they all did...even the mule being young stood still...they have no fear of us doing anything bad to them at all...so whatever we do they accept as "its ok". I like that in my horses.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

The good vibes worked again!! Thanks!!

The stress test went well and the cardiologist found no damage to my heart, thus no stent or anything. The heart attack has been downgraded to heart stress after beating so hard and fast for hours. Basically it was sore. No reason was found for the variable heart beat, but it is ok now. Other than blood thinners for a few weeks, I am free to home with no restrictions!

Donnie is on his way to get me.

CB
Congrats on the new gelding!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm

That makes it a good day for all of us, ARK.....we were praying for a good report.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Ark, that is great news!

CB, sounds like the new guy is just what you need. I hope you enjoy him a lot.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:59 am

CB. Forgot. Now everyone has a horse.....sounds great for your family. Texas is just waiting for you & Harry.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 am

ARK, that is grand news...Harry's hear rate went nuts like that one time, he was in the hospital too....and they could never find out why either....that was in 83!
Go forth and ride!

I will probably complain about the heat when I get there, but I won't have to put up with all the dust and smoke here anymore....I can't wait! There was another fire 7/10 mile from us and the only good thing is they built this new BLM fire station up the road from us toward the rimrocks, and they had planes droppin fire retardant quicker than you know what! If it hadn't been for the station, we would have been in direct line! I'm sick of fires and smoke and being afraid....just sick of it.
OK, enuf bitchin' ....I'll quit now! Some idiot was shooting targets and bullet sparked a fire...its so dry here....if you sneeze too loudly, it will start one!

Sweet Dreams Y'all.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 am

ARK: What great news. Glad you are home again and out of the hospital. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

George had those heart spasms attacks a few years ago. Thought he was having a heart attack, took a short trip by helicopter (which brought back a lot of Nam memories) and spent a couple days in the hospital (on his birthday). He hasn't had anything like it since he retired from his job.

I have a day off to try to catch up on my house work, after I take Ace for his early morning walk. Gotta walk the dog or else have him following me around with frisbees in his mouth making that oh so sad dog face. Laughing He is such a drama king and a big spoiled BRAT dog.

Have a great day everyone.

Love & prayers to all.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

Great news Ark ... so glad you are home with no damage or ongoing issues ......

CB ... hope your moving trips go well .... I am guessing you will still deal with DUST in Texas ... LOLOL God put dust EVERYWHERE!!!!! Good Luck on it all. Will you get to try out your new horse before you leave? Hope you can get a short little ride in before you have to start hustling.

Hugs all around .... enjoy our fall weather. They had said that because of our dry summer that the fall colors wouldn't be much this year, but it still has quite a bit of pretty colors to see and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Carol, its not just the "normal" dust...that isn't so bad unless the wind blows and we have dust storms with it...the potato trucks are dumping all the potato dirt when they clean the taters at the cellars right up the road from us...they run down my ditch bank road and I just get covered in their dust...and I mean covered....I wear a mask inside my house its so bad...and the ditch is an easement thing so I can't control what anyone does on it. They dump all this dirt on top of the sage and rocks and then they plow it and plant it...so the fields that draw the lil booger gnats are creeping closer to my property line as they irrigate them from April thru October. That is the dust I'm complaining about...I don't like my dogs and horses in it either....UGH...poor babies, wish we had gotten out of here before they started harvesting potatoes! but hubby couldn't retire until this month. By the time we get the loads ourta here, the harvest will be over! rotten luck! oh well, last year I have to contend with them anyway. We will live on a dead end road, and the road has no lines of any kind on it, so ya know it doesn't have much traffic on it! THAT is a good thing! My dogs won't know what to bark at as they won't be able to see anyone stopping on the ditch bank road, or on the interstate ramp.they will go into "living in the real country" culture shock! I guess they can bark at the neighobrs goats and donkey tho and their dogs....so they will be alright.

Trudy, I know what you mean big spoiled babies..my danes are that! Buffy will have a royal fit if I don't take her with me in the car. When the weather is nice, I do, but when its so hot, I won't....unless we leave the AC run while we are in somewhere...we lock the car and she is happy with the ac!...but don't normally take them in the heat. She sees me packing and she is my shadow!

ARK...I'm so happy for you....best time of the year to ride, so have fun! :dance:

I won't get time to ride the new guy...besides I will put Jessi up first to test ride him...she can fine tune him, for me ....isnt that what kids are for? LOL tongue He is settling in nicely and has buddied up with the pony Lady and Missy Muleytude and the goats, they all stand across the fence from each other....he seems content. He must like his mask with the ears, as he hasn't rubbed it off yet!

Well, hubby is out trying to fix my ac in my car, and he has to pack the bearings on the other side of the horsetrailer, he got one side done last night and got a tired repaired...we are waiting on word from the kids on our Dodge truck in Texas...to see what is wrong with it that it is leaking oil from somewhere....sigh....if it ain't one thing...it is surely another!

Have a great start to your week y'all!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Ark, so glad to hear the good news regarding your latest health issue.
Clara, that dust and dirt and fire problem would make me want to leave home too. Good luck on your big move.
HOpe all is well with Foopville. I am again running and trying to get organized. wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:14 pm

NCIS Season Premier!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 am

Is anybody watching Dancing with the Stars? At least the correct one got kicked off last night.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am

back from Nevada! Took forever...traffic on the two lane roads were bad tonight...took me 6 hours ...

We stopped at Jackpot NV for a potty break, free soda and coffee...and I put a buck in the slot and wond 30 back...not bad....and yes we did leave after that! Took our money and ran!

Had lunch with Nacncy this morning and then took off back for home.

Have a yucky doc appt tomorrow...sigh...

Later taters!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 am

Saw NCIS. Was happy all the regulars signed their contracts! I was afraid one of my favorites would be killed off.

CB
Lucky bet!

I spent all day shuffling between doctors and the drug store. Not an especially fun day. My cardiologist says I can ride Ivan, I just can't let him throw me to the ground. Explaining that to Ivan will be interesting. It isn't something either of us plan on usually...
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 am

ARK, if you figure out how to explain to Ivan that he is not to throw you to the ground, let me know how you did it. I need to explain the same thing to Monster.

I was pleased to see everyone back on NCIS too, but I didn't like how the writers solved the "problem" at the end of the show. I think the writers got stuck and then lazy.

Good for you CB. I've never played a slot machine in my life. I did this morning buy a couple of $1 scratch off tickets. Had to get gas on my way in to work and it took $33 to fill my little Kia. It was really HUNGRY. Over 9 gallons. I told the attendant just to give me a couple of scratch offs as my change. I'll scratch them later. Maybe I'll get lucky.

EILEEN, Good luck trying to get organized. That is something I rarely am.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:49 am

Hmmmmmmmm. Seems to me not riding Ivan and having a broken heart is far worse than taking a bit of medicine for your heart and riding anyhow. Ivan might benefit from some upper level training...............
it gives you more tools in your toolbox ARK............and, it will get you fit..............

FAITH is coming home Friday........YIPEEEEEEEEEEE. I can't go get her today so I will retrieve her in the morning. She's about 20 mi from here and I'm covered up today. Then, of course, I will disappear for a few hrs playing and giving her a spa treatment. She already had her pedicure yesterday. Wooooooohoooo.
I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Graymare, i know what you mean! I am hoping this move will be my xmas present and we can start spending more time with the horses also....I go for short rides on Cinnamon around here, but with the other horses whinnying to her she can get a bit antsy which I don't like being out by myself, and hubby wouldn't appreciate the fact if I got hurt either....I never tell him I took her out...but I do trust her, she never throws a fit, but will jig a bit wanting to go back to her pasture mate as she can hear him for several miles...then she settles down and we have a nice ride...but far too short....so I'm hoping xmas comes for me down there where we have each other to ride with once again, and the kids and the grands and the saddle club folks too. It will be a big change in our lives all the way around.

Indy, good luck on the scracth tickets! I love my lil Kia...hubbys' Cavalier takes over 40 bucks, my Kia takes just over 30 to fill up...and they go the same distance on a tank...so I do love my lil economy car, stick shift and all. Hubby got my AC fixed also..yesssss! I will appreciate that on the trip down ....and so will my doggies. Harry will pull the 4 horse with Jasper, Stormy, Muley, and Lady in it, and have four puppy dogs, in the truck with him in back seat. I'll have my Kia with the small ice chest, Buffy and the other little dogs. Next trip down, will be Rocky, Tank, and Cinnamon, Bubba and the male doxies, Bo and Beans. They will be kenneled in the living quarters of the 3 horse slant load trailer on nice heavy tarp as they are males and LOVE to lift those legs...ifn ya know what I mean! monkey and I will have the cavalier with Splotch in the back seat.

Then, hubby will bring the bus back nd drive the BEAST down with the 4 horse behind loaded with tools and leftover hay. And THEN we will be all in one place...Finally! Gonna be a crazy month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2012
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next