Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOVEMBER 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 pm

We started with potato chips and Ranch dip, scoops and sausage dip, celery with Ranch dip, and chocolate chip cookies. Then, we ordered a pizza about 5:00. All in all, it was a good afternoon of watching horse racing, eating, and gabbing. Smile
Nobody or horse got hurt. One reared up in the starting gate and bumped his head a little bit and was scratched from the race, but he wasn't really hurt. He was in trouble from before loading in the gate. They had to put a complete hood on him to get him in the gate. Then when the hood was pulled off, apparently part of his brain was attached to it and he lost his mind.
There were some pretty good races, with some unexpected winners. Less than an inch determined the winners of two different races.
It was a good day.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 5:59 pm

I rode so hard in the races I'm too tired to post..................

I enjoyed the racing, I got sick of the blabber before & after...............a real batch of beautiful horses,
that's for sure...........

Now for the football game and the Nascar championship.....I don't care to watch them driving in circles,
just want to see the end....................

Everyone have a good evening. flower
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Go fast. Turn left. Kyle Larson won the race and the championship. He's a good guy and a great driver. This was his 10th win of the season.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 1:37 am

Those races sounded fun. Sorry I missed them. We have been involved with a British series called Midsomers Murders. I think we are in the 7th season. We almost never guess the killers, there is usually a twist at the end. We have been addicted for a few weeks. It's on Prime.

INDYAPP:
I am glad you are feeling a bit better, if still freaked out somewhat. I can see why that would be. My grand nephew just had an abscess under his armpit and had to have it drained and packed. That hurt. He is better now. The kid doesn't do needles too well.

I am now officially wired for sound. I got a loop recorder implanted under my skin today to listen for irregular heart beats to determine if I officially have aFib now or some other kind of irregularity. It is connected to my phone. I had aFib when they admitted me to the hospital in 2012, but they've never managed to catch the episodes on those heart monitors after that. I carried one for a month and then they discovered our phone system didn't support it. sheesh. I lost skin to that one. Rolling Eyes Today was interesting, but not terribly painful. On the scale of my abscess tooth pain as a 10, it was a 3 and only for a couple of seconds. Not bad. I bumped heads with Daisy this morning while feeding in the almost daylight, that was a 4. Daisy won.

Anyway, I expect to ride Ivan on Wednesday if things don't go south unexpectedly. I rode him Sunday evening in the arena and he was fine, so we should do okay on Wednesday. I will wear my Hit Air vest just in case I manage to get tossed. I don't want to disrupt my new recorder.

We had lunch at a Cracker Barrel on the way home. After not eating since dinner the night before, anything would have tasted good, but their chicken dumplings are so great. Drool We hadn't been to a Cracker Barrel in three years.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 2:40 pm

ARK if your loop recorder works like Alexa, you'll start getting commercials sent to your phone along with your heart rhythm. LOL. The other night Bill and I were watching a program and I said something to the cat Bill didn't hear. He asked what I said and I told him "'I was talking to the CAT". The next thing we knew the television was searching for programs about cats! LOL

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Two days ago, I ran the tractor over the leaves. About 30 minutes later, there was no evidence that I had done anything. Today, we got some wind and rain, and a much larger percent of the leaves are on the ground. They'll just have to stay there until next week. I have to go to a wedding this weekend to which I would rather not go. It's going to take the whole weekend and cost a considerable amount of money for two nights at a hotel and meals.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 am

Hey. What's happening? No one has been here, or is it my computer?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 am

It waa my computer..........I finally got it caught up.............I will catch up later today.............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 2:15 pm

INDYAPP
That's funny about the tv looking for cat programs, Laughing . We don't have Alexis, so my heartbeats are safe from her! Very Happy So far, no aFib episodes, we have named my device, Snitch, since it reports to who knows where even while I am asleep. It reports to me that nothing is reported. Rolling Eyes

ELLEN:
I am hoping the wind we have today will blow away the rest of our leaves, it is howling out there. There is some satisfaction in mowing them to tiny bits, though. Very Happy

GRAYMARE:
How's it going in AZ?

I rode Ivan at Pandapas a couple of days ago with 4 other riders. It was fun. We got split into two groups since one horse is so incredibly slow and seemed to have a shoeing issue and was even slower. His rider never questions her farrier or vet, so the horse will continue along getting lamer and lamer. We had that farrier for awhile and dropped him when he insisted on doing things that were hurting our horses' feet. Her poor horse.... It was a pretty day on Wednesday, I enjoyed myself tremendously! Now it is cold and windy.... November.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Whew! Busy couple of days. A younger cousin got married today in South Bend, the home of Notre Dame University.
The bride's father works for the university and had some unusual access to the football stadium and the field. That is where they held the reception.
We took the elevator to the top of the stadium where the luxury private halls are located. We were just looking out across the field in time to see the wedding party running out onto the field. They played out there and even tossed a football around.
It was a very neat experience to see the field from there, and to see the famous Golden Dome and other landmarks.
A bit later, a sit down deluxe dinner was served to about 200 guests.
After running around to the church and then the reception, I am finished off for the day. It's been a really fun day.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Busy getting ready for winter here in PA.  The farmers were busy picking corn and soy beans last week.  The fields look bare.  We are busy gathering old junk to get hauled away...finally George is letting go of some of his "saved" stuff.  Of course, I would be throwing away a whole lot more, but nooooooooooo we must save it...Oh well...at least some of it will be leaving here on Friday.  Men and their stuff.

Me and the girls are having a birthday party luncheon on Thursday for Lynn who will be turning 78.  She is a former horse owner so we have a lot to chat about. 

Had a visit to my eye doctor, all is well with my eyes.  No new glasses needed.  Thank God...Next my annual doctor visit and a visit to the Dentist.  This month is a month of health appointments. 

ARK:  Praying for your new addition to work out well and no heart issues.
ELLEN:  What a fun time that wedding had to be.
INDY APP:  Our Google answers questions that are asked on the TV.  
GRAYMARE: I find myself riding while watching horses on TV also.  And I critique the guys riding the horses on the old cowboy shows that George watches, drives him nuts.  LOL 
Have a great week before Thanksgiving.
Stay safe & healthy..

Rick Angell likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Ick, November. Overcast, gray, wet snow mixed with rain. Mud everywhere. I think November is my least favorite month.

Bill and I went to Shipshewana on Saturday and stocked up on cheese. I know that sounds strange, but Bill Loves cheese and the Amish meat and cheese store has soooo many varieties. Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Smoked Gouda with bacon, blue cheese, and a few more that I don't remember. And those are just the ones we bought. I opted for the frosted cinnamon rolls and a jar of vanilla peaches. Yumm.

I did manage to disconnect the brush hog and store it for the winter. I still need to park the horse trailer in the barn, which I couldn't do until I took care of the brush hog because they each have their special place that is dependent on the other. Smile The horses are either drinking a whole lot of water, the water tank has a hole in it or the deer are drinking from the water tank because I have to fill it every time I go outside it seems. We've had enough rain / wet snow that I'm not sure if the standing water around the tank is due to the weather or a leak.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm

The sun sets at 5:23 this evening. With the heavy clouds and light snow, it will be dark for HOURS before bedtime.

Yesterday, my cousin and I returned to my house from the wedding. She was going to just go on home to her house, 2 1/2 hours away. But, when she started her car it made a pop and then didn't sound right. It's a 20 year old Envoy and she's been looking at getting something newer. She called AAA and had it hauled to a local mechanic. This morning, she called to explain why there was an extra car sitting at his garage. He's a really nice guy. Within a couple of hours he called her back to say that it was only a coil and it was fixed and ready to go at a reasonable price.
Meanwhile, she had accompanied me to the hospital to have a cardioversion. That was completed easily and successfully.
When I was released, we went to lunch, then retrieved her car and she got home without further problems.
I will continue to take my business to that mechanic.

With the events of the wedding and those after, it was a busy weekend. I suspect I will do very little tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 8:28 am

Did you all see the moon last night?  It's slow eclipse was fascinating.  I didn't watch steady,
just checked about every two hours. Those things are very interesting.  This hasn't happened
in 600 years.

Busy here getting ready for winter.  Irrigation today.  Horses are fine and getting coated up.

T is in hospital with broken femur.............oh brother.............He broke it in bed, just snapped with his bone cancer.  I will go see him around 9 my time............

Everyone have a good day.................. flower
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 am

Ohhhh, Graymare, I'm so sorry about TL's broken leg. I hope it will heal quickly.

We couldn't see the eclipse because it was too cloudy. It's still cloudy today.
Yesterday had some fairly strong winds, but for me it was good news. Maybe not so good for people east of me. Many of my leaves blew away off the grass.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:21 am

GRAYMARE:
 Oh, no. I am so sorry about TL's broken leg.  Poor guy, we are supposed to be safe in bed....  hug   Hope he recovers quickly.  

ELLEN:

Happy Birthday!

NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 Birthd11
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:37 am

Awww, Graymare, I'm sorry about TL's broken leg. (((hugs)))

It's your birthday ELLEN? Happy Birthday!! You do know that calories don't count on your birthday, don't you?

I told you guys about having to put out water every day and not knowing if the tank was leaking or the horses were just drinking a lot. Wednesday night I decided it must be leaking so I got out the smaller spare tank and drug it into the field and filled it up. Of course I decided to do this after I had already filled the big tank up. I figured if it was just going to leak out anyway, I needed to stop adding to the mud around the tank as it was suppose to continue raining and I didn't know how much rain we were going to get, I needed to stop adding to the standing water. Thursday morning presumed leaking tank is still full and the new tank is quite low. Needless to say discovered that the horses are just drinking a lot of water. Now Friday morning and the new tank is almost empty and the old tank is slightly lower than full. I figure at this rate the new tank will be near empty by Saturday and I can dump it and put it back in storage and then refill the old tank.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:55 am

INDYAPP:
It's always something with water tanks and buckets. With us, it is one big gray horse who splashes it all out, then rolls in the mud to make her point: feed me now or the water gets it. Areion is always spotted brown. Rolling Eyes She broke a heated tank one year, but now takes out her frustrations on the rubber tank without heat.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 12:30 am

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Smile It was a nice day. Neighbors took me to dinner at a place we all like, and lots of text messages came in. I so very much appreciate each and every one of them.
One person sent me a picture of a pretty birthday cake. I decided that was the best kind. It was pretty and calorie free. LOL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 9:31 am

Belated Happy Birthday ELLEN.................so glad it was great............

God bless............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Oh boy, where is everybody?

T is still in hospital so I am back and forth. He's improving inch by inch. No discharge info yet.

I'm sleepy so I am going to bed..............see you later.

Evertbody have a good evening.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:23 am

Graymare, did they cast or pin his leg? I hope he gets to come home soon. People heal better at home.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:57 am

GRAYMARE:
I hope TL comes home soon. And feels better, and heals up fast. hug Broken legs are no fun....

It's raining here tonight. I managed to get the dog outside and back before it started, thanks to my phone ratting out the weather and telling me it was going to rain in a few minutes. I love weather apps!

Anyone traveling for Thanksgiving? We are not, we are going to be homebodies. I'll get some carrots and apples for the horses and donkey and celebrate in the barn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 1:13 am

As every year but last year, I'm going to my cousin's in Ohio. Probably just drive down, eat too much, and come back home.
I gave my huge old Christmas tree to a consignment shop after last year. I had to admit it was just more effort than I was willing to put out. So, I need to get a new smaller tree. When I get home from Thanksgiving, I'll get it put up and decorated. Since I have enough lights for the bigger tree, the new one will probably have more lights than it should. I like lights. LOL

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 11:47 am

This weekend was proof positive of the adage that says if you don't like the weather, wait a bit it will change. Cold, rain, warm up, sun, wind, back to cold. In between cold and rain I managed to store the horse trailer and move some dirt to fill in low spots of standing water in the horse pen. I had it the dirt all tamped down and leveled and the horses decided they had to go crazy running and spinning while snorting and otherwise tearing it all up. A bunch of goof balls.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi. Today was good. I went to the hospital, got there, and realized I didn't have my phone.
It was 12 mi back to home and I just did not have the energy to drive clear back. Mind you,
my books are in my phone. Guess what. I lived through the day. Actually it was very
relaxing. I jotted some notes for my journal, watched TV, and watched TL. Not much is new there
but progression is slow but it's progression.

I got home this evening and ate like a hog............noodles and garlic bread. I'm stuffed
and going to go to sleep I'm sure when my head hits the pillow.

Horses are fine and happy..........they are very comforting.

Good night and God bless................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NOVEMBER 2021
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next