Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOVEMBER 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Graymare

NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi. Today was good. I went to the hospital, got there, and realized I didn't have my phone.
It was 12 mi back to home and I just did not have the energy to drive clear back. Mind you,
my books are in my phone. Guess what. I lived through the day. Actually it was very
relaxing. I jotted some notes for my journal, watched TV, and watched TL. Not much is new there
but progression is slow but it's progression.

I got home this evening and ate like a hog............noodles and garlic bread. I'm stuffed
and going to go to sleep I'm sure when my head hits the pillow.

Horses are fine and happy..........they are very comforting.

Good night and God bless................
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 am

GRAYMARE, it's good to unplug every once in a while. Glad to hear TL is getting better, even if it is slow.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 7:55 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.
Have a safe and fun filled day with family & friends.

GRAYMARE: So sorry about TL and his broken leg. Praying for both of you.
ELLEN: Happy belated birthday.

Life has been busy here, so much to do to get ready for the holidays. Yesterday I moved all my plants upstairs and we put up the Christmas Tree. That always makes me feel happy. Made a pumpkin pie for today. It's going to be a quiet Thanksgiving for us. That's OK with us.

Just to make dinner more exciting I had a phone call from the local grocery store telling me that the stuffing bread I bought is being recalled because it has mold. WHAT???? Nothing like waiting until the day before to tell me...soooooo we made some frozen bread and cut it up for stuffing. LOL

Tomorrow & Sunday I'm going to try to teach Stacy and his family how to make the famous Lady Lock Cookies. Too much work for me with "Uncle Arthur" living in my hands and wrists. Time to pass on the torch.

Love & many prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:09 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! I hope you all have a good day with family and eat way too much.
I'm going to Ohio to be with my cousins, where I too will eat too much. Drool
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL................I'm thankful for the friends here and love you all. I'm just thankful
in general for my life here just south of heaven.

It looks like terrible weather back in the east and midwest......hope I'm wrong.

TL still in hospital so that's where I'll be..............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!

NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 Thanks10

Hope you all have a great holiday! We are having ham and making those turkeys happy with us.... Very Happy It's a nice day here, going to be 57 degrees and sunny. That will end after today and cold returns tomorrow. So I am thankful for today!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:27 pm

I drove to my cousin's in Ohio, ate way too much and enjoyed every single bite. We sat and visited and enjoyed one another's company. I feel so fortunate to have relatives that all get along and don't argue and fuss. We are all grateful for that.
I brought a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy home with me. Drool
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Me too, ELLEN............I had mashed potatoes and gravy tonight...........YUM.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 am

We had leftover dressing, gravy and greenbean casserole for dinner. Yum!

Cold weather is back. It was so nice on Thanksgiving. Lucky day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Graymare, how are you and TL doing now? Is his leg healing?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm

His leg is healing, going to rehab tomorrow............

I'm worn out from hospitals.

More later..................

flower
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:50 am

Spending lots of time at a hospital, just waiting... is absolutely exhausting. Good to hear that rehab starts soon.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:58 am

GRAYMARE:
So sorry about you and TL having to spend so much time in the hospital. Hopefully PT means he is going to go home soon. No one rests in a hospital. I hope he recovers very soon.... hug hug

We finished up the last of the greenbean casserole this evening. I guess Thanksgiving is officially over now. Ours was pleasantly uneventful.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 am

GRAYMARE: Praying for you & TL.

Egads...we had snow yesterday. George work me up at 4 AM and said "there is 12 inches of snow out there", he lied it was only a inch and a half. He just didn't want to be up alone at 4 AM. He knew I would fly outta the bed to check it out.

We had a quiet Thanksgiving also. Just us, finished up the last of the turkey breast yesterday.

We lost another Veteran buddy on Thanksgiving. His funeral is tomorrow. So sad.

My son and his family came over yesterday and I taught them how to make the famous Lady Lock cookies. There are so many little tricks to making them, can't pass on the recipe without actually doing all the work involved & learning the steps. The torch has been passed, I sent the clothes pins and pastry gun home with them. It's their turn from now on. I'm just going to relax on holidays and eat the cookies. YUMMMMMM

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Glad to hear everyone had a quiet Thanksgiving. Mine was uneventful. I can't even say that I ate all that much. My niece fixed the traditional dinner at my brothers house and all I had to supply was pumpkin pie and cherry cheese cake. No left overs there.

I ended up with the little kids spending the night on Friday. We ended up going to the zoo to see the Christmas lights and discovered Santa and Mrs. Claus. That was an unexpected bonus. We had some hot chocolate, stopped for macaroni and cheese with a side of broccoli for the kiddos at Noodles & Co and came home for popcorn and a movie. When it was time for bed, I put on a cartoon they didn't particularly like and put the tv on a timer. 15 minutes later they were both out like the lights and 15 minutes after that the tv turned off. Aaahhh, peace and quiet.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:59 pm

Indy ... Cherry Cheesecake...?? Is that in pie form ?? I occasionally make a Pecan Cheese cake pie that is right tasty even using the fake sugars etc. Ill be glad to post the simple recipe if needed. Is your cherry version simple ?? If its sweet AND simple then its for me !!

Our thanksgiving meal was a clean out the leftovers and combine. Really not a bad meal for the two of us !!

Luckily after being hospitalized a couple times over the las 15 - 18 months or so from having falls outside along the road, Im still "vertical above ground" and a cane is my constant companion outside and a lot inside also. Carol has sais NEXT TIME I fall she will call EMS to come pick my sorry carcass up off road and perhaps put me out of HER misery!!

You FOOPS just hang on ... spring time and warmer temps will be here in a couple / three months.

Love to all ... Rick
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 10:43 am

Hi RICK! I can't say my cherry cheese cake is all that special. I use the recipe for cheesecake on the Philadelphia cream cheese box and add canned pie filling cherries. I do pick the cherries out of the can and leave most of the goo in the can. I don't particularly like all the goo. Pecan cheesecake sounds tasty, do post.

Sorry to hear that you have been in the hospital. I never understand why people think they need to keep testing gravity. Yes... it's still there. Smile Take care and use your cane if for nothing more than to ease Carol's mind.

Beautiful day here. The sun is trying to shine a bit before the clouds come in.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 12:37 am

TRUDY:
Bet you miss making those Lady Fingers and do it again next year! They do sound yummy! Drool

INDYAPP:
Cherry cheesecake....sounds deliciously illegal! Glad the zoo trip went well. I have been in a zoo going mood for awhile and haven't made it yet.

RICKSTER:
How nice to see you posting! yes, do post your recipe! One can never go wrong with pecan cheesecake pie! Donnie would be shocked if I made something that good!
BTW: Did you know the newer Apple Watches have a 'falling' alert that will call out for help for you? If balance is a problem, it might help to get one. Donnie is getting me an Apple watch for Christmas that also has GPS. So if I fall off Ivan in the woods, it will call Donnie, or 911, and tell where I am. Very Happy It does an amazing amount of other things, too.

Yesterday we got horse and chicken feed at Tractor Supply and today we got a load of sawdust for stall bedding. We are set for awhile. Very Happy

Can you believe December 1st is tomorrow? Believe it or not, I have most of my Christmas shopping done, thanks to Amazon. With shipping taking so long, I decided to just get the whole shopping thing done as fast as possible. Now to decorate..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 7:41 pm

Time to change the calendar:

Goto : https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t124-december-2021#13934

Or

Goto Basket and click on December 2021.

Merry, Merry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER 2021   NOVEMBER 2021 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NOVEMBER 2021