Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAY 2022

Go down 
+4
Indyapp
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 8:55 am

Ark, that is a really neat article. Thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Yes,ARK, that article was great.

It's windy and dusty here in AZ right now.............100 degrees..............kids are out ignoring it all.
Kids are out doing chores.  Here I sit typing.  LOL

I got my hair cut today, does that count for something?

Irrigation tomorrow morning..............

Nothing else going on here...........Traffic on freeways around the city is jammed.  Sure am glad I'm not in it.
Evening news is horrible...............prayers for USA and thank you Veterans for your service.

Everyone have a great evening.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptySat May 28, 2022 3:03 pm

It's definitely a summer holiday weekend. Lots of boats and golf carts all over the place. The water is still a little bit too cold for comfortable swimming.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptySun May 29, 2022 6:42 am

The yard sale is OVER...Praise God. Moved Dee's curio cabinet into her new place yesterday. what a job for us old retired people. Me, George, Sharon and a old 4 wheel hay cart did the job. Now the unpacking begins and getting her settled in.

Don't forget tomorrow TAPS ACROSS AMERICA. At 3 PM, pause for ONE minute to remember those who have died in military service to the United States. We play Taps on my phone, salute the flag and say a prayer for the families of loved ones lost. Taps is the song that gives us a lump in our throats and brings tears to our eyes.

Have a blessed Memorial Day. God Bless America...and the men who served.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptySun May 29, 2022 9:18 pm

Most of you will remember Tuzee/Susan. About 3 1/2 years ago, she had surgery for a brain tumor. She was good for about 2 years and the tumor returned. She had surgery again. Once again, the tumor came back and was inoperable. Over the last few months, she lost the use of her left side. Recently, she was in and out of the hospital.
About a week ago, she got a blood clot in her lung. They treated her for the blood clot and then she started bleeding internally. They finally got her stabilized enough to go home with hospice care.
Yesterday, after an hour or so of being home she went to be with Jesus.
Her daughter called me today to let me know and asked that I tell the rest of you who had been internet horse friends.
Her daughter Bryna has had a heavy load to carry for the last couple of years. Susan wasn't well. Susan's husband, Mike, isn't well either. She is working through getting her doctorate, teaching classes at UCDavis, and has been taking care of the farm and all the animals. She got married just over a year ago, so her husband is there to help.

Just thought you'd all like to know.

Donna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptySun May 29, 2022 9:53 pm

Good grief, another one gone. It makes me very sad as we have all traveled together for more than
25 years through good and bad times. This isn't just a horse board, it's a group of true friends. Susan will be missed for sure.
I hope she is now at peace. I remember her talent for making chaps and leather goods, she was very talented.

Everyone have a good evening and be thankful for our blessings.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Here it is Memorial Day..........thank you all service personnel for contributing to me as a senior
citizen of America. I'm proud to be an American just as the song says.

Listen for Taps in your neighborhood at 3P eastern time....................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Cousins came today. We launched the jet ski, and the boys gave it a good workout. I'll give it a work out tomorrow when the I will have the lake to myself. It was busy with boats and pontoons today.
The guys helped a neighbor reset his pontoon lift. I want them to learn to help the neighbors when they need it.
9 year old Roman got to pet the pig, which he loves to do. The pig loves it too. When somebody want to pet her, she immediately lays down on her side so they will rub her belly. LOL
We all had supper at a new local place that is the hit of the whole area. They were packed all afternoon; indoor and outdoor seating were completely full. It's located on a channel so people in boats can stop by to eat or get gas for their boats. I'll be hard pressed to buy their gas at $6.50 per gallon.
On the upper floor the ceiling is painted to look like you are under water. There are the undersides of lily pads, the underside of ducks, and a whole canoe bottom attached to the ceiling with what appears to be water running along the sides of the canoe. The lights are in the shape of fish. It's a very clever idea and very well done. It took a year to get the whole place redone, but they did a great job.
Summer has started, but things will be quiet tomorrow. And HOT.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 10:53 am

I hope all had a safe week-end........summer is here.

No-one played taps in our neighborhoods that I know of. Many were at veteran ceremonies around
the valley.

Shoer is just now leaving at 6:40 AM.............it's still cool outside so he wants to get on his way............
he's still got a bunch today.

Gas is up to 4.62/gal but brand name gas is around 4.85/gal.............lucky I'm not a truck driver
right now. ELLEN, hope your gas doesn't go up any more Just enjoy your rides.

Everyone have a good day..................

Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 6:17 pm

Thanks for the update re Tuzee, ELLEN. It prods me into checking in here. To get old is to lose friends with increasing frequency -- logistically the norm but never acceptable. I'm feeling that acutely these days. All the more reason to cultivate friendship while possible.

And, yes, GM, this group has been plugging along for ever so long! I'd welcome news about others who've not been heard from -- recently, and from way back. CB? Briggy? And many others whose names I can't call up...

Rickster: Stay upright! I always love hearing about your life.

And everybody else's, too! Years ago I ran an oral history project, and, among journalism jobs in my last working years, I wrote a weekly newspaper column reporting on spontaneous and informal interviews I did with people I ran into as I wandered around town. And because it was a seaside resort town, I met all kinds: summer folk who'd been coming back to the same rentals for years and years; day-trippers come to fly kites on the beach; business owners of all stripes; one day, a young man come all the way from Colombia (S.A.) to run the Boston Marathon the following day; a photo-journalist who'd covered multiple major U.S. events over decades... What I've learned was that everybody - EVERYbody -- has a story, even (and sometimes especially) those who see themselves as "ordinary." I think that last is because we're living through a period of enormous societal change, and have been for more than century. So we old folk have lots to say. And some of that's reflected in our reports of current doings here.

I'd love to hear Rick talk about his truck-driving days.

MEANWHILE! I'm in between carpal tunnel surgeries: left hand on April 1, right hand on May 27. Puts a kink in my woodworking projects. The latest is a crossbow to shoot marshmallows. I plan to send it to my 93-year-old brother, to keep him out of trouble. (Don't tell him.)

Had a right fright one day last week. Pulmonologist said I should carry O2 if walking any distance. So I got out my oximeter and it told me that my intake at rest, which should be at least 88 or 90, was fluctuating wildly, never getting up that high and often dipping into the 70s. Yikes. My brain and pulse started racing as it seemed to me that, with those figures, I wouldn't last the night. Should I call 911? But I so hated the idea of doing that that I forced myself to calm down and EURIKA! realized that it might be the oximeter that was failing and not me. Especially since I felt just fine! Ended up reaching a neighbor just home from her own work in the local ER, who, bless her for eternity, brought another oximeter. Which read 95. Whew. And I discovered that mine had 2 triple-A batteries that needed replacing. Who knew that oximeters had batteries?

Cheers to all!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 10:41 pm

Beech, it's always good to see you posting. I hope you'll do it more often.
I remember when you were doing those man-on-the-street stories. That would have been very interesting.
I hope the surgeries will keep your hands working well.

Hot again today, but tomorrow will be better.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 11:19 am

ELLEN:
I am so sorry to hear about Tuzee Susan. I knew she had brain tumors, but hadn't heard about her passing. It is very sad. Thanks for passing the message along.

GRAYMARE:
Yep, another one gone. Donnie and I were just talking about that a couple of days ago, how many foop folks were no longer with us. I really liked the old HorseNet forum, it was such an interesting mix of horsey people.

BEECH:
Yikes! Good to know about the batteries in those oximeter things. I am glad it was just your battery that had a problem! I think I will check the batteries in ours, now. We got one because of the pandemic, but it is interesting to keep track of its readings. My 'smart' watch has that capability, too. So when I come panting up the hill from the barn, my watch says that I am not actually out of oxigen, it just feels that way. Very Happy
I hope your carpal tunnel surgery heals soon so you can get back to your woodworking!
Did you ever think about gathering your newspaper articles up and making a book out of them? I would love to read them. I remember you posting some of your articles and they were always great.
Now about shooting poor little innocent marshmallows.... Can they really dodge those arrows? Is this like shooting fish in a barrel?? Wink

Time to change the calendar. June is already here.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 11:26 am

May 2022 is closed for business. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t131-june-2022#14373

or click on Basket, then June 2022.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2022   MAY  2022 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY 2022
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4