Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2023

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Graymare

APRIL 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:41 pm

Awwww, Trudy, she is darling.........nnice horse too. I remember when Isiah took little Jamie around the barrels
with her at 4 yrs old actually riding him. Way too cute. It's a blessing to see for sure.

Prayers for Jamie for sure.........May 3 will be a big day, for sure. She's doing very well so far.
It's a lot to take in when first told of the diagnosis.........

ARK, just keep up the good work and pretty soon it's finished..............just hang in there. I loved
the pictures of the ball game.

Everyone have a great evening.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 11:37 pm

Ark, did you get another mile or two done today?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 12:05 am

TRUDY:
Spunky kid! She will do great things on her horse!

GRAYMARE:
The game was really fun. It's too bad they don't have more daytime games, I don't want to go to night games.

ELLEN:
It sounds like your neighbor has a good plan of action and a good attitude to combat her illness. Big hugs for her.....

I didn't ride today, it was windy and cold.  I did ride Areion on Sunday, though.  We trotted almost the entire mile.  She has a very smooth trot, especially compared to Ivan.   I can sit her trot a long time while posting is what I do with Ivan's trot.   Anyway, we are doing better each time.  We have four miles into our Virtual Tevis Cup journey.   Hopefully the wind will die down tomorrow and I'll get another ride in.

APRIL 2023 - Page 3 Sunset12
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 10:06 am

Lookin' good, Ark. Smile
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 1:04 pm

Hi everyone.  It's been pretty boring here but with fantastic weather..............cool, sunny, breezy.  The trees
are in bloom and it all feels great. Flowers are out on the hedges.

I don't blame you ARK for not wanting to go to night ball games...........too risky.  So what have you
and Annie been up to?  I know you're not out robbing banks.

ELLEN, any action at the lake?  Will you still have your summer fest this year?

BEECH, how're you doing?  It sounds like you have bad some rough weather.

No news from here.  Just lucky enough to be enjoying my friends and neighbors.

Everyone have a great day....... ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 6:22 pm

There isn't too much going on around here either. I have been knitting furiously trying to finish a baby outfit - before the baby arrives. I'm almost done, working on the second bootie. The jacket and pants are done. The baby isn't due until the middle of May, but he's a first baby so he could come anytime.

My neighbor who had Casey, has a new dog. He's a mix of Bichon Frise and poodle. He looks exactly like a Maltese. He won't be a year old for another two months. So far, he's managed to get away from Patrick twice. Today, he bolted out of the house, looking for a run. I got on the golf cart and managed to track him down, but he did NOT want to be caught. I was able to keep him in sight until he finally decided to water a couple of plants and then very intentionally go home! He won't come when called, but at least he knows where home is.
He's so young, he's going to need some good play time to wear him down.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Nothing better than a new puppy!!! ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Patrick couldn't be happier. He really missed having a dog after Casey crossed the rainbow bridge. This little dog looks so much like her, but slightly bigger. He's a happy little character and when he isn't busy running away, he likes everybody.
I think Patrick is going to take him to a puppy class. Casey never learned to come when she was called, so I'm hoping that he will follow though and teach him what a good puppy needs to know.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 9:31 am

Aaahhhh puppies... I haven't had a dog since I was a kid. Unfortunately my dog wasn't very well trained. He was very friendly, not a mean bone in his body, but only came when he was called when he wanted to. He also wouldn't stay home. He roamed the countryside. I was pretty good at training my horses, but I knew nothing about training dogs. Looking back I'm horrified at what I thought was normal then.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 10:02 pm

It's raining. It's pouring....... ALLLLL DAY. And more coming.

Whew! I got the baby outfit done and the baby hasn't arrived yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 11:17 pm

Great job ELLEN.  Plenty of time to spare. Your rain will eventually stop..........at least it's not snow.

I got a load of hey today and the feed store now sends football kids to unload it.........WAY cool.
Steff & I can't unload those 125 lb bales and Justin isn't expected to.  He works very hard at
his job and around here taking care of everything.  We (Justin) irrigated this week.  The horses
are doing very well.  The bad heat hasn't arrived yet but just hope August isn't too bad.

My friend's great grandson is working at McDonalds now and he wants us to come see him.
He's 14 which means he can't use any of the heat machines..........anyhow, we'll give him some good cheer
and congrats.  It seemed like just last year he was a baby.

You ALL have a great evening.

sunny  sunny  sunny

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 9:42 am

It's still raining. Wednesday should be the start of some better weather.
Today, I'm going to meet my Ft. Wayne friend at a Pizza Hut that is about halfway between us. We never seem to run out of anything to talk about, so we'll rent booth space for two or three hours. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 9:52 am

It's Monday and it's STILL raining. Although it did stop long enough for me to mow the front yard yesterday. I started to mow and discovered the front tire on the lawn mower had lost it's air and the seal keeping the tire on the rim. It's one of those little 10 inch or so tubeless tires. I ended up googling a you tube video to see how to get it reinflated. I used a ratchet strap to tighten the tire down enough to get a seal to put the air in. Only problem I ran into was I ran the ratchet strap through the ratchet backwards and the darn thing wouldn't release when I needed to take the strap off. It was an inexpensive small one so I ended up cutting the darn thing off. I tied the two pieces back together so I can use the strap again, as long as it's on something bigger than the tire. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 11:01 am

GRAYMARE:
 Wow.  I want some football players to move hay for us!!  What a great idea and workout for them...

ELLEN:
 Where did spring go?  It is chilly and rainy here, but at least it isn't snowing like it is in West Virginia.  ewwww

INDYAPP:
 I am impressed!  You got the job done!  Hopefully the rain will stop long enough to let you mow now.  

We took Annie to Dixie Caverns in Salem, Va, yesterday.  We've lived in this region since 1978 and had never gone to the local tourist trap.  It was very interesting in the cave.  They did neglect to tell us that there were 350 stairs inside that mountain before we went in.  We got quite a workout.  The tour lasted about an hour, then we met a lady from Roanoke who had a saddle for sale that I wanted to see.  We met in the parking lot of Dixie Caverns and I bought the saddle!  It is a wide tree that hopefully will fit Areion.  I tried sitting in it on a saddle rack and it is very comfortable.  It is a  black Julie Goodnight crossover saddle that weighs 23 pounds, kind of a cross between a western and English endurance saddle.  If the rain stops, we'll try it on Areion this afternoon.

Time to change the calendar. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t143-may-2023#15047
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2023   APRIL 2023 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2023
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3