Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2023

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 7:00 pm

July 2023

July 2023 29082710
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 7:09 pm

July 2023 35305810

I've been seeing a lot of these "between the ears" photos.  Nice!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 10:55 am

Just love those between the ears shots!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 12:50 pm

Happy July second everyone

AEK, t he answer is: garage, barn, garage #2...............exhausted to be sure...............

ELLEN, is your gang coming for the 4th?

It's going to be hot today at 110.........we'll see.

Everyone have a good day........... ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 2:05 pm

A cousin and his wife and one of their two sons came yesterday to stay until Tuesday. Their other son will be here later today.
The guy across the lake set off his fireworks last evening. They were greatly reduced from previous years. But it was fun anyway.

It rained during the night and will probably rain again after while, so the boat traffic is much lighter today.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 2:05 pm

I love those between the ears photos. I saw that video just today on FB from a woman riding a horse without a bridle on the trail. Evidently you come around this curve and go through a rock tunnel and exit to that beautiful view. I would love to do a ride like that. I don't know about you ARK, but I've tried to take between the ears pictures and they usually come out blurry. Not only that I am terrified I am going to fumble and drop my phone.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 4:41 pm

INDYAPP:
 I totally understand about dropping one's camera while riding!   I did that twice in about 2 minutes once while on a ride.  Back then, convincing Ivan to stand still was not easy.   Luckily, now he is so much better, or lazier, and I do get in the occasional between the ears photo.  Although, nothing as spectacular as that photo I posted that looks like Utah.  

July 2023 Ivanea10

ELLEN:
 We could use some rain now.  It keeps coming up close to us, evaporating, then reforming on the other side of us.   Not sure what causes that, although we are in a valley between mountain ranges.  Have fun with the cousins!!!

GRAYMARE:
 Okay, now that your barn and garage are decluttered,  come do ours, PLEASE!!!  Very Happy   We definitely need a dumpster.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 9:46 pm

I don't have enough excess stuff for a dumpster, but it will definitely take a trash tub or two. Matt is good about wanting to clear things out. I can't just leave it to him to do - even though he'd like that - because there are some things that are good enough and useful enough to keep. But I do appreciate his help. We loaded up one trash tub when they were here two weeks ago. The next time they come back, we'll do another one.
As I have repeated, you spend the first 50 years of your life accumulating stuff and the next 50 getting rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 12:01 pm

July 2023 July410
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 2:41 pm

Thank you ARK. Same to all.

It's supposed to be 115 today...............Pray not.

Have a great day everyone..............

hug hug hug .
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 2:43 pm

Thank you ARK.  Same to all.  

It's supposed to be 115 today...............Pray not.

Have a great day everyone..............

hug  hug  hug .
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 4:36 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA!!!

It's a very busy lake day. LOTS and LOTS of boats and pontoons either cruising around or anchored to swim. My cousins left around noon today since they have to work tomorrow. They always clean up after themselves so I have very little to do afterwards.
Good boat rides and good conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 5:43 pm

Well, that was interesting. I had gone to Shipshewana to get bread flour and ice cream cups. On the way home, I met a semi on the road. No big deal. But, it threw up some kind of stone that chipped my windshield. So, I called my insurance company first, then set up an immediate appointment to get it fixed. It is fixed.... sort of. When I first got in the car, I couldn't tell where the patch was. After driving a VERY short distance, I can see a little bit of the crack. I think I'll take it back and let them see what it looks like.

On the way home, I decided to stop by KFC to get a 3 piece snack, just chicken. Apparently, they can't provide just three pieces of chicken. Well, they can.... but it will be three legs for $4 each. Won't do that again.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm

Holy cow, ELLEN.............that's so scary, I hope you've recovered and had time to relax by now.

I was on the phone most of the day blabbering about nothing.............Just laughing with friends.

It was 106 today supposedly................hot. The horses came in at 11 and stayed in the
shade with fans. The dogs only went out for about 15-20 minutes at a time.

Tomorrow we're going to the recycle management barn to toss all the old paint...........of which
we have saved cans and cans all about empty..............oh gads, how dumb.

Everyone have a GREAT evening.............

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 10:33 pm

It really wasn't all that scary, but certainly startling. The rock didn't hit me "in the face"; it was to the right of the rearview mirror and high up on the glass. I was surprised to be able to get it fixed so soon, only about 3 hours after it happened.
I've been hearing about how hot AZ is. Over the weekend it was in the 80s, but today is just about perfect with high 70s and low humidity.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 6:33 am

Hello everyone. Happy summertime...Happy July 4th (a little late). Yes, we are still alive and kicking here in PA. It's been such a crazy busy summer. Being retired is hard work. We have gone from our grass burnt down and crispy to now it growing like weeds and needing mowed all the time. Had a lot of trouble with the smoke from Canada wildfires and it has kept us locked in the farmhouse with the A/C running non stop. Air quality today 43. OK to go outside.

The wild critters have kept us entertained. We have a herd of young bucks who just hang out in our yard and chase the barn cats around. A few turkeys who have also made it their home and have young ones.

It has been a busy construction summer too. New windows and a new floor on the enclosed patio. Waiting on shutters for the big windows in the front of the house. Moving everything off of the patio was huge undertaking and then moving it back. we are still working at getting things back into place on the walls.

I will try to check in more often. Enjoy the summer. Love & prayers....
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 9:25 am

Good Morning and Happy Past 4th of July to you all.....

I haven't been on here for so long, I'm sure you thought I had died and you weren't notified, rofl. I'm still alive and kicking, well with one leg anyway.

I know that you heard from me after I had my hip surgery and don't think after that. I have had a long recovery, not a really painful one but certainly not as fast as I expected. Since it was a repair, and not a replacement, I am left with one leg shorter than the other and a terrible limp if I'm not using my cane. Walking around the house without the cane is ok but for prolonged periods of time, it exhausts me. Living with a cane is not the end of the world and if I have to use one forever, I decided it isn't fatal and I won't die from it, Very Happy

Right now I'm in Antigonish visiting my Granddaughter, Allison and her family, Ava and Andrew. I was in Truro (which is about 1 1/2 hours away) for Eastern Star Grand Chapter and can't be that close without visiting, since I don't see them that often. I will stay till Monday and then head for my sons in Halifax and home on Tuesday. I have been gone since July 1st and that is the first time I have really gone anywhere since my surgery.......well except for more surgery. If you remember, I fell the night before I was supposed to have surgery on my left hand in Bridgewater. That ended that for a long time till they call and rescheduled me on May 23rd. Put a new joint in my little finger and fused the thumb as I couldn't bend the first knuckle and that is the only way she could fix it. I'll stop on my way home on Tuesday and she will check me for the last time.

I'll get caught up on you all when I slow down here. Lots of activity with a two year old. Allison and Andrew are getting married on Sept 23rd here at their beautiful property. The house is huge, very modern and exclusive......complete with a sauna off their bathroom. :lolre:

It used to be engaged, married, house and family.....well things are different these days. No matter, everyone is happy and finally taking the time to get hitched. Andrew is a big building contractor (30) and Allison is the office manager so both are extremely busy and had to fit in a wedding around big builds.

Ok, everyone is waiting for me so I had better close. I'll read the past post and find out how everyone is doing .

Donna

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:46 am

Trudy and Donna, it is so good to see both of you!

Trudy, we had a few days when it was better to stay inside too. The last few days have been beautiful. I think maybe the rain helped to clean the air. Our grass was dry and brown too, but it is green and growing again.
You've done so much work on your house it must be a real show-place now, one to be very proud of.

Donna, it almost sounds like you would have been better off to have had a hip replacement. When mine were replaced, the surgeon was careful to make sure that my legs are the same length. Can you get a lift for one shoe to even things out?
I know what you mean about younger people doing things in a different order now.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:03 am

Ellen,

Good to hear from you. I do have orthotics in both shoes and that makes me level, but I was shorter in that leg to start with so now it is shorter, shorter, lol. Of course that affects my scaro joint on the right side, my right knee needs to be replaced sometime in the next few years, (they are usually a two year wait) and with the left short it is putting me in a lot of discomfort. I take Tylenol on a regular basis but that is not good for me organs either! Mad My guy that does my orthotics said that when they do the knee tell them to take a bit off that leg. Don't know if that is possible.

Getting ready to head out with the family to a parade this a.m. Later

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 11:04 am

Donna, I know what you mean about the Tylenol. I was doing that too before the hip replacements. Now, I hardly ever take any at all. I'm sorry you have such a long wait to get your knee done.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 7:50 am

Morning All,

I'm sitting here and getting my mail before I turn my computer off. Heading to my Sons in Halifax after I have everything ready to pack. Allison is getting aver ready for day care and then they have their work week starting. Best I don't hang around, lol,they are very busy and so Ill head out. Been here since Wed. and don't want to overstay my welcome. They treat me like an equal here, not like Allisons lod grandmother, lol!

The Highland games were on this week and there was parade on Saturday a.m. Severn pipe bands and the usual other floats, but the pipes were the best. I'm Scottish descent so pipes are my favourite of all instruments, well fiddles are next. My feet were tapping! We went to the field to watch some of the heavy weight hammer throws and were going to stay to watch the caber toss but it was just too hot and no shade. Ava couldn't be out in that heat and neither could I so we headed home. I was happy with the parade, not disappointed that we had to leave.

Have a great day.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Ark, how many more miles do you have left to complete?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 12:01 am

ELLEN:
A fraction over 20 miles to go. The last 6 miles have been on my feet because Areion has been into some major spook modes. She spooked and nearly dumped me over a deer jumping out of a nearby bush, and yesterday had one long spookfest over two BABY BUNNIES!!! Honestly. It was cool and drizzley yesterday, but felt nice after all the hot weather. She took it as a license to spook. So we walked and discussed how embarrassed her father's relatives would be over her deer and baby rabbit spooks when they are out there fighting bulls in Spain. Today she was quite nice and we did 2.15 miles during our walk. Next time I will try riding again. Twenty more miles.... Gads, I will have earned this t-shirt.

DONNA:
Wonderful to see you here! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! :dance: I love bagpipes, too, and REALLY like men in kilts! Laughing We have two universities nearby, the smaller one, Radford University, is known as the Highlanders and have a Highland Festival every year. They do all the bagpipe/caber tossing/sheepdog trials stuff. It's a lot of fun.
Wow, your granddaughters are all grown up. It's hard to believe, I think of them as tiny little girls from the photos you shared years ago. Congrats on the new grandson-in-law!

GRAYMARE:
How are you doing in all that terrible heat? I hope your air conditioning is working really well! People would be dying like flies around here in that kind of prolonged heat.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 6:37 am

ARK: Yes you certainly worked extra hard to achieve your goal and get that T-shirt. Way to go. I remember years ago doing the AQHA riding program and logging hours to get a belt buckle, I still have that buckle. 500 hours on horse back. AHHHHHH the good old riding days. Ride on girlfriend.

ELLEN: We have decided because of our ages, that updating 30 year old windows and getting the house ready in case one of us passes and we have to sell the farm. We don't want to have to rush around and fix things. Moving will be hard enough. Hard to believe we have been living here for 30 years.

DONNA: Happy belated birthday. Praying for your upcoming surgery nightmare.

Our PA weather has been it's crazy self. in the 90's...rain rain rain, dry dry dry, tornado warnings and this morning 56 and smoke free. Hooray...I took my first mile walk outdoors yesterday after a long stretch of being house bound.

My freind Ashley is still hanging on. Now she has to have hernia surgery. That girl is such a fighter.

Hang in everyone we will get thru this crazy weather summer weather.
Love & prayers...

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 12:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2023