Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2023

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Graymare

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 7:49 pm

We had two huge storms last night about 6 mi from here,,,,,,,,one in Mesa, one in Apache Junction.  A micro burst.
Roofs torn off, trees overturned, windows smashed, overturned cars, etc.  I had no damage here.
This morning was cool & comfortable until late in the morning......Whew, nice break.  I did hear
some chain saws today cutting branches but don't know where it was in the hood.

Big congrats ARK...............another champion in our group.....................Great pics..........
the finish Line was cool.................

ClappingHands  ClappingHands  : ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 8:15 am

Thank you all! ClappingHands I am very happy to have the challenge over, it pretty much dominated our lives the past 3 months. It was a good training exercise for both Areion and myself. We finished just in time for that heat wave out west to arrive here. Wow, it has been hot and will be for a couple more days. I am glad to not be riding during this heatwave. Last night we gave Areion a bath, she was crusty from sweating all day yesterday.

So now we are zeroed in on getting ready for a real vacation! We haven't been on one for years, mostly due to lack of animal care. We found a pet sitter to take care of the cats and horses and our next door neighbor has volunteered to take care of Shadow, the collie. They have a fenced in yard and two small dogs.

We are taking an Amtrak train from Cincinnati to Chicago to Arizona and the Grand Canyon. We are going with my sister and her husband. They celebrated their 50th anniversary last December and Donnie and I will celebrate ours next April, so we are having an anniversary celebration vacation. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate and the trains run successfully! Very Happy We leave next Thursday.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 4:47 pm

Ark, that will be a great vacation. I've been there and loved it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 12:56 am

This is funny. My friend always wanted to go on a long distance train ride X country. Her husband declined
So she went ahead...............anyhow at the train station in AZ Phx, she met some folks
that just stuck together............one was a gangbanger, one was a lesbian, one schizophrenic bipolar,
and herself. She tells the funniest stories of that trip.............she also has a hysterical personality. She
had never ridden a train before. One could never make that stuff up.

So, when I hear of a train adventure, I always think of her stories..............I can't wait to hear yours, ARK.
You will have a great time and so enjoy the beauty of the Southwest.

Everyone have a good evening..........

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Saratoga is losing ground BUT the horses were fine............Forte is still king of the tracks.......

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 7:44 pm

Irad Ortiz II is a tough rider.  Getting suspended a few days at a time, doesn't seem to affect him much.  Apparently, the stewards didn't think there was a problem, but I can't wondering how Angel of Empire would have finished if he hadn't been bumped.
One of the earlier races had royal breeding all over it.  Into Mischief, Tapit, Classic Empire, and Uncle Mo were the sires.
Did you see the two Davis sisters, Jackie and Katie, coming to the wire together in the 11th race?  They finished 1 and 2.  They are so openly happy it makes you want them to win.  Talk about a racing family.  The sisters have a jockey brother, Dylan, and Katie is married to jockey, Trevor McCarthy.  Their father is a trainer.

I like watching Saratoga racing in the summer. It's usually on Wednesday through Sunday afternoons, mostly on Fox Sports 2 - FS2. Once in a while, it shifts to FS1. You get to see the young horses that will be more well known when they are headed for the Derby and the Oaks. They have good announcers too.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Yesterday, Katie Davis beat her sister in a race. Today, she beat her husband. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 10:44 am

Enjoy your trip ARK. I've always wondered how much scenery you see from a train trip. The only train I have ever been on is the commuter train between South Bend, IN and Chicago. Not much to see there. I know when driving in a car whenever you cross the big rivers the guard rails on the bridges are so high that I can never see the view. I figure it would pretty much be the same on a train?

The heat broke yesterday and I got the front and the back yards mowed. The back yard hadn't been mowed for 3 weeks and with the thunderstorms we have had it was a jungle.

I am so mad at my nephew I have to vent. He refuses to go see his dad at the rehab center. Yesterday I took Dan for a trial run in the van and we went to his house (where his son and family is living). We sat around the front door (he can't get into the house because of steps) and I guess when we were getting ready to leave his son told Dan that he doesn't want to see him "like he is." Dan was a mess on the way home and I can't blame him. Well tough cookies. No one wants to see their family members in a wheelchair, but you suck it up and put on a brave face and let your family member know you love them. I told them 2 weeks ago that they had to move out because we were going to have to sell the house to pay for his care and it doesn't look as if they have made any effort to move. Aunt Deb will be turning into Evil Aunt Deb real soon. Sorry. Needed to say that to someone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 1:54 pm

Indy, I'm so sorry your nephew can't see beyond himself. Yes, it is hard to see somebody who was strong and able being so disabled. But it's real life. Suck it up and be a man.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 2:25 pm

I'm so sorry INDY......this when families are supposed to come. together...........what a brat.
He will come around,  I hope it's not too late...........

Her is my hug to you and your brother.............

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:17 am

INDYAPP:
I am so sorry about the nephew's attitude. He had better hope he is never in a similar situation as his dad. Karma can get you. Big hugs for your brother and you.

Not sure how the Amtrak train view will be. I'll let you know! We are busy, busy, busy getting ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:26 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2023   July 2023 - Page 3 Empty