Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
Appy
BarTGila
Ann/Sam
PamL
Beech
Manygatess
Santa
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ellen E
Carol W
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
cb

March 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Appy I've seen the news about that fire, those poor people that lost their lives is horrible, and losing homes is also so devastating. I think the hardest part for me was knowing I could get myself out but not any of my animals...the fire was just too close to try. I've always told my kids that, get yourselves out, animals are replacable you arn't! Now i know how hard a time a kid would have with that, but I'd rather have my life or theirs when it comes right down to it...and it almost did. I feel like I've been run over with a steam roller and my throat is so sore...I don't know if its from the smoke or the screamin at the idiots! tongue Today I am going to brush everyone and love them, and give the doggies all a treat and love them....just be with my animals.
The only redeeming grace is we dry lot the horses and their pens are dirt, nothing to burn, and that could save their lives but there are trees in every pen that could burn and cuz smoke, or hot things to fall on them...but you think the best...the dogs are on gravel, but if they would run back into the burning house, well...ya know the rest of that story. I will be so glad to get out of here. I'm going to send out flyers to my arsehole neighbors that read:
I hope you enjoy your new neighbors as four Mexican families have purchased the house and they plan on raising pigs and have rooster fights every weekend, enjoy the traffic, the smell and the noise with my blessing! My dogs and I will be happier and safer away from idiotic people like you!
(no reflection on Mexican, we have a lot of illegals around here, but all you need is one that isn't to sign papers, and the rest just live there and make the payments)
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 pm

I hope that you are getting through April Fools day with no real problems my kid tried but I was to smart for her, I can't believe that it is April already, where is the year going it seems like yesterday it was New Year, how time flies when you get older, What a Face next is Easter and then here in my park it becomes a ghost town yea!, no more traffic, no more rude people walking by giving dirty looks and the pool will be empty of people except a few who live here year round all have a great Sunday and
don't work to hard life is to short
walk horse walk horse walk horse walk horse walk horse walk horse walk horse
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks Carol W. My doctor seems to think I will never be off the oxygen but I am determined to prove him wrong. These smaller travel tanks only hold 1.5 hrs of air so having to haul two or three if going anywhere for much time is a drag as I am sure you know. I can't imagine riding but I guess if there is a will there is a way. It is not fun getting old.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Raining like mad here just like usual. My brother was going to cut the lawn today but it will not stop pouring and the lawn tractor does not like the wet grass on the sloping front lawn. It's little wheels just sit and spin on the up side. Going down in great getting back up not so great. I miss the horses. I use to just let them into the front yard and they took care of the grass.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Happy April Fools Day~   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:10 pm

No Ackkkk!! I think my internet server, Verizon, had its own little April Fools joke on me. I had a nice long post made and then lost the internet connection and lost the post. Bah-humbug on Verizon!

CAROL:
You clicked on an ad. I guess that is how this website is paid for, by ads, but too bad some of them are so irritating. Be careful where you click between the logo photo and the posts, no matter what it says. If clicking on the "x" doesn't work, I think I'd shut down the computer and restart it again.

CB:
Sorry about your throat. Smoke and screaming couldn't have done it any good. Think quiet, calm thoughts today and no smoking, even with the neighbor! The smoke probably didn't do your horses any good either. I think I'd let the neighbor think a vet bill may be in the near future....

SUNNY:
A pool to yourself! That sounds nice! Do you have palm trees around where you live? I do like palm trees. We worked hard all day on our pasture. Got the weed wick finished and proceeded to poison the wild turnips in the field, picked up sticks and branches, and cleaned the barn. We rested by going to see "Mirror Mirror" late in the afternoon. Cute movie.

KATHI:
How old is Baby? He is a big dog! Do you still have chickens? Want a rooster? I have one who will be on death row if he doesn't stop attacking my knees. Dumb cluck doesn't understand that the knees are going to be connected to the 2x4 that creams him soon. He's a short rooster who can't see over my knees apparently.

ELLEN and ROSE:
So who is racing today?

Hope all had a pleasant April Fool's Day!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Carol and Kathi, isn't there something now that can make oxygen using the air? I thought I saw something on tv about that? but could be wrong, but that would be great to have if so.

Sunny, no one even tried to pull one on me...good thing...I don't have much of a sense of humor today...I didn't sleep well, and even took a nap earlier...but I things to do and I just can't get goin on them at all....geesh...

so how many of you got to ride? The wind blew all day here again....I am so tired of the wind, you throw hay to the horses and it flies right back at cha! phewieeee....I have to brush the alfalfa out of my hair!

Anyone watching the country music awards? I am and I'm enjoying it!...then a hot bath and to bed as I have a few places to go early in the morning! a woman with a mission! LOL
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Baby is almost 13 and he weighs 115. He is really slowing down and has trouble getting down off the couch sometimes, but has not needed any help yet. The vet is amazed he this old and in such good shape. Other than being stiff now and then he is good. I do indeed still have chickens but just 5. The coyotes got four of my youngest best green layers and my rooster this fall so I did not replace them. We have the place up for sale and want to move into the city close to my sisters so they can give me a hand with mom. Doubt we will sell soon though because of all the forclosures. We own it so not thrilled to give it away.

CB I have a machine in the house that creates its own oxygen but I have not looked to see if there is a portable model. If so I want one. I guess if this is going to be forever I should look into the options.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 pm

CB, I'd sure let your neighbor know that you felt extremely endangered by his stupidity. What did the police chief or sheriff have to say about the young idiot sitting in his car and not helping?

Ark, I had to work today and didn't get to see the race. But I did read that Ryan Newman won, another Indiana boy. He and his wife do a lot to help out animal shelters. He's another one of NASCAR's good guys.

Kathi, maybe you can Carol can swap information about how best to deal with the O2 tanks. Carol loads hers up and carries it on her saddle, and off she goes.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 am

BarT, I saw on tv where a couple were walking and he didn't have his oxygen with him anymore cuz he had one that used the air to make it...very portable I guess, and small....but didn't actually see the unit. I hope you sell your place...I know its hard right now...but ya never know. I give my Danes glucosamine from the time they are two ...some days I don't remember but they get it at least several times a week....and it seems to really help them.

The horses seem fine, I thought they may have some small cuts hitting the fence the way they did trying to escape the big fire wall...but they seem alright, can't find any major cuts just a few nicks...they were scared spitless too.

I've been having a quiet day drinking tea with honey it it...I see the fire chief in the morning, and Tuesday I will see the Captain over the Deputy...making hubby go with...so he can hear what they say. But for tonight a hot bath and to bed with me! Maybe I can sleep better I hope!

Sweet Dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:24 am

Movie review: GIFTED HANDS with Cuba Gooding, Jr. is an excellent movie that will tug at your emotions in a good sort of way. A true story. I found it in the grocery store on one of those stand-alone things that take up space in the aisle.

Rick
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 pm

OK, y'all....this is April and if anyone else wants in on the foal guessing game, get your guesses in now! I will take guesses until Wednesday and then shut them down...to be fair to those who guessed last month.
I have Indyapp, Graymare, Ellen, and Ark's guesses....so if I forgot someone, remind me again please! and for anyone else who wants to play come on and guess!

Charmin is cranky one day and mellow the next day...those hormones are doing a number on her mental state! LOL She is in great shape this time...I had the farrier out to trim her, but he said, "no, she looks too close" and that was two weeks ago! He won't trim or pick up back feet within the last two weeks...so he was wrong!...but that's alright, she will wait another week or two....her feet are looking good but have a bit of toe on them...but nothing like when I got her! She is filled out nicely herself and looks like a horse and not a holstein cow! LOL and she will have a good diet to nourish her and the foal. It's just a wait and see game now! and patience is not one of my good suits! Y'all know THAT doncha! cyclops Exclamation Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing Surprised
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:38 pm

CB...Count me in...lots of spots...filly...April 25th

bouncy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:39 pm

TP, long or short ears?

Sunny, I missed your guess...so tell me again please...

My phone service is being iffy or not at all today...pffft...

I had to drive to the top of the hill to talk to hubby today! And here we thought it was becuz my phone was getting old, so I got a new one...still does it...so it is definately something interfering with the reception fro the tower...ACKKKKK! I need my phone to work all the time, ya never know when I will need tha magic 911 number!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:42 pm

o.k. Clara my guess is the 10th of April, long ears, colt, blanket with spots ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 pm

LONgggggggggg ears CB!!!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

INDY APP...Do you have John's correct/current telephone number? I tried today to call him and his number...SAPP's number...and the house number have all been changed/disconnected/done away with/or whatever.

If you have his number, write me: rangell 27028 @ yahoo.com (close up the gaps in the email addy)

Thanks....Rick
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Rick..if all else fails John has a Facebook page at. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002944085165

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks, KATHI...I don't "do" Facebook type things. I do telephone calls and computer/email. This is a communication that needs to be done in person. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:55 pm

My internet connection has been bad all weekend and especially today.. No Donnie's workplace was also effected over in Blacksburg. Apparently there has been some kind of glitch in the system. And here I was blaming my poor computer.... Rolling Eyes

CB:
I think I forgot to tell you my guess is the colt will be black, but go grey over time. April 13, 13 spots, male, long ears.

Pretty day here today. My riding teacher is coming tomorrow, and it is her 40th birthday! I made her a set of horse necklace beads for her mustang, Tonto, in July 4th colors, in case she does a parade this year.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: New Thread: April 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 am

Okay, if I am doing this right, the March 2012 thread will be closed and we should all post in April 2012.

Look for "Basket", then April.

Hope this works!
March 2012 - Page 5 2393883696
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2012
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5