Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
Appy
BarTGila
Ann/Sam
PamL
Beech
Manygatess
Santa
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ellen E
Carol W
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

March 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 am

Hi ROSE.... hug

Snoop
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Everybody.......................isn't it a great day?

I got the barn all ready as I am going out of town tomorrow to see friends so I sat with some coffee and watched the magic of horses. That's serenity in a chair at it's best.

Anyhow, came in here and was typing along and heard Addy wretching in the kitchen as she pitched up a batch of horse hoof clippingson the floor. That too is magic. It made me really laugh and thank the Lord for all of it, horses, hoof clippings, a good dog, horses, a husb that loves me just as I am, kids................all of it. Just one of those perfect mornings with all the birds singing in the background for a reminder of something far bigger..............................

God bless. Everyone have a super day! Smile

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi all,

I will get a picture of Tiberius, someday. I promise. He's not near as mature as Atticus, though. He's all gangly and kinda scrawny, although healthy. I think it's more that I'm used to more stock horse growth and he's TWH. Never had a TWH before so don't know if he's "normal" for the breed or not. He's definitely not what I'm used to as a two year old. On top of that, he's short. Compared to my others and others I have raised. He's taller than Mom, but Mom's short too.

I've been real busy. Been trying to get caught up on my studies for the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) program that I have ignored the last months of SAPPs illness. I'm on the last course and for some reason I have this HUGE mental BRICK WALL that I keep banging into when it comes to operating the darn fancy smancy financial calculator that must be used for the formulas. I need to pass this course and then cram for the comprehensive that I want to try to take in July. The test is only offered three times a year and I missed the March offering. The last test offered for the year is in November and we have some major changes scheduled to take place in the office in October that there is no way I could study at the same time these changes are going to take place, so that leaves July. In fact, I'm actually at work now on a Saturday so I better get back to doing what I'm suppose to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:30 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INDY AP.........YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Big admiration from here on your endeavor..................HANDS CLAPPING HERE.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:39 pm

RICK:
Thanks for posting at Foopville. I think you said it perfectly!
March 2012 - Page 4 4175501327 I am glad it is back so I can get the emails of all the members, help them register here, and glean some things off of it that I have been meaning to save for a long time. However, I think SuddenLaunch is just going to fail completely sooner or later and would rather move Foopville and friends here permanently. There is a learning curve here, but I remember there was one at SuddenLaunch, also, and we all managed to figure it out. I love the bells and whistles here and the fact that we can post pictures off our computers rather than having to use ImageShack, another website that is cranky at times. And did you know there is an Instant Messaging place here? I haven't looked into it yet, but we could have some nice instant chats if we wanted to by setting up a time and logging in. There is also a great support website here that has tons of information to help with options here. I like it here! March 2012 - Page 4 3032884798
So I will leave Foopville running for awhile to get folks over to here, then I am going to lock the posts. You'll be able to read past posts there for as long as SuddenLaunch lets you, then the next time it crashes, that will be it.......It was a good place in its time..... I love you

GRAYMARE:
One thing I haven't figured out is how to turn off that
"
Notify me when a reply is posted option that is at the bottom of the posting page. I have spent two hours going over everything I can find and nothing mentions that. The only way to keep from getting those irritating email notices that there is a reply to the post is to UN-CHECK that box BEFORE you press Send. I have been doing that for awhile because I was getting a ton of unneeded emails telling me to go see the reply. If we had other threads running at the same time, as many of the other groups using Formotion websites do, then getting an email might be handy. Sorry I haven't gotten this one solved yet. I don't like it either! Rolling Eyes

CB:
The great thing about the gallery photo albums here is that you can send photos directly off your computer, or even phone if I read FLESSA's photo info right. Just follow ELLEN's directions and you will be able to see the albums. I love having the albums here! For one thing, after we have some photos up, we can use them for logo photos instead of so many outside photos that I have been using.

HEY ROSE!!
I am glad you made it! How do you like that avatar? Let me know if you want another or you can post one yourself if you wish. How's Noah? He must be a big boy now.

FLESSA:
Well I am glad you are back and will happily tell you which horse is which!
March 2012 - Page 4 4175501327 That is great news about your son! It it is so nice to hear about folks we knew as little kids growing up to become such interesting adults! Good for him and his career! March 2012 - Page 4 3032884798

INDYAPP:
Yikes! I am glad it is you doing all that studying! My sister is always involved in classes needed in her line of work and has worked really hard. She will be retiring in just a few years and I admire her for wanting to keep up with things, but am still glad it isn't me. Proud of you, too!
March 2012 - Page 4 4175501327
We got Daisy, a TWH, when she was 18 months old and she was slim, too. It is probably a breed thing. She's built like a tank now. Very Happy
March 2012 - Page 4 Donniedaisy91tt Daisy about 18 months old.

Our barn is clean, Donnie is busy working on his weed wick that he is going to use to kill weeds with down in the lower pasture, hopefully tomorrow, and we are anxiously awaiting the mail. Why? Because we are supposed to get a copy of our wedding license. It wasn't where I thought it was and we can't find it, have never been asked to see it, and NOW the retirement folks want to see it to prove we have been married so I can get Donnie's retirement if something happens to him. Our 38th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks and no one in all those years ever asked to see a license. Kinda weird to be asked now.....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
PaulaJ

PaulaJ

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Yo pirat

*looks at emoticon*

Maybe I should say, "Arrrrr"
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Paula's here!   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey PAULA!
Great to see you here! I guess you got our message over at Foopville. How's it going? How are the "A's"?

BTW:
better find yourself an avatar. I have some wicked ones to give you if you don't post one yourself....
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Ooops, I see you found one, PAULA! Laughing Not my favorite......shudder....... affraid
Back to top Go down
PaulaJ

PaulaJ

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi there! Just chose one. I was remembering a Febreeze incident...

The A's are good! How are the guys???
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:38 pm

To which guys do you refer? Donnie is great (we just got our wedding license in the mail so we feel 'legal' now Laughing). The only other guys in my life right now are Ivan, Zippy, and Cactus Jack in our equine world, Spooky and Wizard in our feline world, and a variety of irritating male fowl who may end up as dinner. They are all fine, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PaulaJ

PaulaJ

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm afraid to ask about the wedding license. LOL

You've downsized! We have Loki the Great, Gabby the Mouth, Topper the Fat and Blue the Timid.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 pm

well we finaly got a good soaking just bad timing on my psrt, I had just gotten to the store the sky was clouding but did not think much about it until I was at the checkout line when I herd the thunder and people were comming in the store saying it was pouring it rained buckets and the wind was blowing hard, I waited for awhile and said hey, I won't melt so I ran out to my truck and by the time I got my bags in the front seat I was soaked, now my front seat is wet and I hope the sun comes out again as my truck has cloth seats and here the humidity might cause the seat to mold if it does not dry out fast got to love Florida NOT!!!!!!! rear
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Hey, Paula! Glad to see you back! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 pm

PaulaJ wrote:
Hi there! Just chose one. I was remembering a Febreeze incident...

The A's are good! How are the guys???

PAULA...Great to see you around these new digs.... Very Happy I, too, was kinda/sorta thinking about ARKs love of Febreeze when I saw the spider.

ARK: In doing some sorting of papers, etc. I found the ORIGINAL Marriage Cert. for my Mom and Dad. They had evidently eloped from here to Sparta, NC. Also found the ORIGINAL cert. for when Miss Laurie's mother and I were married. I sent that along to Laurie as part of a packet of information/certs./etc. so she would be eligible to join the DAR.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm

SUNNY sunny:
Glad you got some rain....too bad about the timing
Laughing. Hopefully your seats will dry out quickly. Sounds too hot in FL for me this time of year. Where would you live if you had your druthers? Florida sounds nice to me in the winter, but not in the summer.

RICK:
I am sure we have our marriage certificate somewhere around here, probably in a box in the garage...also known as The Black Hole.
Rolling Eyes So did LAURIE get into the DAR? The group in Independence wanted me to join that, but I never got around to it. My family didn't come over on the Mayflower, but probably followed on a rowboat at nearly the same time.

PAULA:
It's good to hear you still have your animals! I only listed our male animals since you asked about 'the guys'. While we have downsized, we still have 2 male goats I forgot to mention, four female cats, and four mares of various sizes. Downsizing goats while getting another horse didn't really help much
Smile. We no longer have a dog or inside birds, so it feels like we downsized. How is Gabby? I do miss my birds. Any more Gabby words?
Oh, the marriage certificate was to prove we were married so that Donnie's retirement would include me. I would have been annoyed if it didn't....We got it mailed off and it is taken care of now.

Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Ark, My grannie's and aunts are all DAR's. Mom, I and my sisters forwent the pleasure as we are a bit more radical than that org. Still have not figured out how to put pictures in my album, can someone give me a hint...pretty please. Went to the feed store today and did not my tag along tank. It went well. I did not feel the need to use it so maybe I am on my way to freedom. Of course the doctor has other ideas by the sound of him but we shall see.

CB where are you living now? Oregon?
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 pm

I figured out the pictures. On my computer the upload button is just a red X...must be my browser. Chrome handles some things weirdly.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Ark, I would live anywhere but here, it is too hot and sticky in summer and to crowded in winter, plus I want to be closer to my friends to be able to see them more often than every couple of years, and maybe even have a mini horse to pull a cart or a pony or small horse just to be around them again and be happy I am so misserable without a horse in my life it is just not possible here, walk horse
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Mad today I went to the local fundraiser auction with Michele the gal that feeds for me when I am gone. I only apent 12 bucks....had a nice day and got sunburned and came home and called Jessi. We had a bad connection so I stepped out on my porch and holy smoke, yep that is what it was, smoke was billowing so thick and dark I couldn't see well, and a wall of flames shot up higher than my trees...coming at me....I grabbed keys and shortstuff who follows me everwhere and ran for my truck!....calling 911...the da&* stupid neighbor was burning his bank and lit the whole length of his field on fire on the bank and it came over the road that separates his place fro mine....and I'm serious if the winds hadn't changed right THEN, I would have only gotten out with my one truck and one dog...I didn't or wouldn't have had time to get anything or anyone else. We beat the flames down and got it stopped....there was one guy with a wide pronged pitchfork and the cops came cuz I called it in...and the nice arse of a deputy who is new, said it was a controlled burn and I lost it...I went off on him and the neighbor guy...the gist of it was I was going to be arrested, and I told him yes please do and we'll see what the judge says when I have my day in court about your lazy ass watching a ol lady putting out a fire while you sat in your car! Yes we'll see...that burn wasn't controlled at all! He decided not to arrest me....but I will be filing a report on him on Monday with the Captain....I'll bet he'll never do that again! and filing one on the neighbor for not having a burn permit, its a 500 dollar fine....somedays I feel like the tazmanian devil....but dang that could have been awful for my animals! and my house...that scared the sh*t out of me I don't mind admitting it...took me forever to stop shaking inside and out....wow...I really felt sick and I still do....but I just have to calm down....and exactly one hour after all that...the winds started blowing hurricane strength as it is blowing our biggest cottonwood trees over, power is out...but if this wind had started out of the blue and hour before, my place would be toast right now...and I'm not kidding in the least....and my animals too....I still feel like bawling like a baby...I'm having a cold diet coke with a liberal splash of whiskey and taking my candle and book to bed with me!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 pm

CB:
Wow. My blood pressure shot up just reading your post. I am so glad that idiot didn't burn down your place. Good grief. I hope all the sparks are out if the wind is still howling. ((((((CB))))))) Too bad your friendly cops didn't show up. The one who did is sure not very good.

SUNNY:
I hope you can move somewhere that you can have a mini, too. I do love Zippy and Trinket and hope you get one soon. They really do give a good 'horse fix'. ((((((Dawn)))))

KATHI:
Good news that you are weaning yourself off the oxygen! I hope it works out faster than the doctor seems to think. CB lives in Idaho, I don't think she saw your question...
Your dogs are cute! Are they labs? What are their names?

FLESSA:
You said you didn't know any of the horses now, so I got inspired and posted pix in my album of all our horses. I hope everyone else posts pix of their current or former horses, too. I need to find a photo of Cactus Jack and our equine family pix album will be complete.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 am

I am going to find out how to post pics if it kills me and it just may!

Sorry BarT...I saw the question but I was so het up I couldn't think straight....Ark is right..I'm in Idaho. I did stay with Christie my friend in Nyssa OR for awhile last year or the year before, I can't remember! We have bought land in Texas tho and will be moving before winter sets in! Probably first part of September. Youngest kiddo Jessi is stationed there for the next four or five years with her hubby and his 3 kids. They have a great saddle club that actually do things...I can't wait to join. I have a feeling the grand daughters will be stealing my horses tho! They all like to ride...but with a kid of mine being step Mom to them, they didn't stand a chance!

Ark, I'm hoping too that the fire was completely out...geesh....it is dark...I'm sitting here with candles...and will hit the bed soon I think, as I can' do much else. and as soon as I typed that the power came back on! Yay! Hope it stays with this wind still gusting like it is....its blwon over my haystack and my wheelbarrow and all kinds of things I saw laying around the driveway before it got dark. That will all wait until morning as its dark and blowing still out there....I can see all the horses from the porch so will do a check on them, but that's all I will attempt in the dark!
Back to top Go down
Appy

Appy

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:29 am

CB

There is a 'controlled burn" near Denver that has burned 27 homes and three people.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-colorado-fire-deathbre83001p-20120331,0,7729720.story

Controlled burns are currently forbidden in Colorado.

The arse with a badge needs a lil education from your local wildfire people.

AP
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:10 am

Holy cow CB (no pun nended), affraid your life is just too dang exciting for me...I thought mine was insane...must be the dang red hair we have that keeps us in a state of excitement.

Paual: Hello..nice to see you back...

Had to rush my Sassy cat to the ER vet. Thought she had been bitten by a snake that George found in the cellar. Thank God it was just (well, not just) abscessed anal glands. She spent a night at the vet had a operation and is home feeling a lot better. She was wearing her collar of shame around her waist as a tutu the other morning. ROFL She is starting to hate me when she sees me coming at her with her meds.

We are off to Pittsburgh this morning. It's my brother and sister-in-law's 60th anniversary surprise party. It's a 4 hour drive but who has a 60th anniversary now-a-days? Gotta go and celebrate that achievement.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Love & prayers to all.
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:26 am

Wow CB having lived through a couple of forest fires I know just how scary that was. Take care.

Ark, that is my Baby dog and the neighbors GP herd dog. Baby is a Lab. Ottoman out weighs Baby by 40 pounds but they loved to play.

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 pm

CB .. GEEZ gal ..... scary stuff. You sure can't control the neighbors. I sometimes think I should have a townhouse instead of this little farm .... and then I think .... would have to share walls with others (possible idiots) and have no control over what happens ..... Glad everything turned out OK ....

Bar T ... sure is nice to see you here again.... totally understand the oxygen thing. I have to use it 24/7 and no choice about it, so I just have to suck it up and do it. Some days I want to have a pity party for myself, but that doesn't help me either. Glad that you will be able to get off it.

Sunny .. hope you can get someplace that you enjoy a bit more.

Ark ... when I came on here there was a notice that I had 1 message .... when I clicked on it, it was some stupid bubbles game .... I don't know how to get rid of it. I Xed it out, but now big box says play or download. Any ideas how to send it packing?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Appy I've seen the news about that fire, those poor people that lost their lives is horrible, and losing homes is also so devastating. I think the hardest part for me was knowing I could get myself out but not any of my animals...the fire was just too close to try. I've always told my kids that, get yourselves out, animals are replacable you arn't! Now i know how hard a time a kid would have with that, but I'd rather have my life or theirs when it comes right down to it...and it almost did. I feel like I've been run over with a steam roller and my throat is so sore...I don't know if its from the smoke or the screamin at the idiots! tongue Today I am going to brush everyone and love them, and give the doggies all a treat and love them....just be with my animals.
The only redeeming grace is we dry lot the horses and their pens are dirt, nothing to burn, and that could save their lives but there are trees in every pen that could burn and cuz smoke, or hot things to fall on them...but you think the best...the dogs are on gravel, but if they would run back into the burning house, well...ya know the rest of that story. I will be so glad to get out of here. I'm going to send out flyers to my arsehole neighbors that read:
I hope you enjoy your new neighbors as four Mexican families have purchased the house and they plan on raising pigs and have rooster fights every weekend, enjoy the traffic, the smell and the noise with my blessing! My dogs and I will be happier and safer away from idiotic people like you!
(no reflection on Mexican, we have a lot of illegals around here, but all you need is one that isn't to sign papers, and the rest just live there and make the payments)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2012
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next