Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
Appy
BarTGila
Ann/Sam
PamL
Beech
Manygatess
Santa
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ellen E
Carol W
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Beech

March 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello, Foops! Very Happy

And thank you, ARK! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Eeek !!!!! affraid affraid affraid

I thanked you, ARK, before I saw that avatar!

Is that image one I've now got to live up to? (I've got a loooong way to go....) Neutral

Or meant as motivation to get me to come up with my own?
I'm looking, I'm looking! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Santa

Santa

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Manygates: glad to hear they got the guys causing your fire problem. Don't know what is going on in our society these days
We had a murder last Sunday, just 4 blocks from my house. A declared political anarchist killed a real decent guy in the most ugly way. I hope this isn't the prescription for our NEW SOCIETY

Sam is doing great, she is completely without pain in either her leg or back. She and her girlfriend went shopping the other day and since she has not needed even a cane to assist her. I know next will be Starbuck and I'll post pictures as soon as it happens.
Back to top Go down
http://longhenry.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:30 pm

You just better be glad SAM has NOT seen that photo you posted on the now defunct web site Shocked Shocked Shocked

So glad to hear that she is doing so well.

INDY...Thanks for the copy/paste job. Whats the latest with John?

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm

SANTA:
I am so glad to hear Sam is getting better! If she is out shopping, riding her horse just seems a natural thing for her to do next!
Razz

BEECH:
lol! Yep, you gotta live up to your avatar now Laughing. Somehow connecting that picture to you just made me laugh..... Embarassed You are one of those motorcycle mamas, aren't you?
The good news is, you can change it to any of a gazillion avatars they have on site if you go to your profile page....or you can download one of your own or send it to me and I will fix it up for you.
It's great you made it here! What's going on in Maine today? It is 70, sunny and very windy here.

Factoid of the day: If you toss a pitchfork full of wet straw and horsey doo over a fence to the manure trailer, the wind will gust hugely at just that instance and toss the entire mess back in your face. It's a law or something.

I needed a bath anyway....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
PamL

PamL

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:35 pm

It took me a while to figure it out inbetween phone calls and faxed but I did it!!!! Razz Very Happy

Since I don't post often here, mostly lurk...just want to say Hi to everyone! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Ark, your story of the wind blowing the "cleanings" back in your face, reminded me of a very funny memory.
I was visiting a good friends horse farm. Her farm manager had been learning to run a Bobcat to see if it would work for them and help with stall cleaning. We were chatting in the office when he came back in COVERED with "cleanings". Only his cowboy hat kept it from his face. Friend was initially concerned that maybe he had tipped the machine. All our concerns turned to instant and long lasting laughter when he explained everything by drawling out in his best cowboy accent, "Have you ever been sh** on by a Bobcat?"
He had raised the bucket too high, and then hit the wrong lever and the bucket dumped on the top of the cage and it's driver Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Welcome PAM L!!
So stop lurking and start posting more often!
Very Happy I'll get your new avatar up in a jiffy...So how is Booker? And you? And life, the universe, and everything? I'm not nosey....much.

ELLEN:
Oh, no!
Laughing The farm manager took it well! That had to be a riot!

Gotta horse club officers meeting to go to this afternoon. See you folks tonight!
Back to top Go down
Ann/Sam

Ann/Sam

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Another oldtimer chiming in -- I think. But this might be my only post as I am not sure how I got here!
Sure is nice to see the recongregation. Hello to everybody

Thanks Ark. flower

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Hey, I just figured out one of the new bells... or maybe it's a whistle. I tried to post a link to a news piece and got the message that new members can't post outside links for 7 days. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Ellen E wrote:
"Have you ever been sh** on by a Bobcat?"
He had raised the bucket too high, and then hit the wrong lever and the bucket dumped on the top of the cage and it's driver Laughing Laughing Laughing .

THAT is one piece of machinery that this ole boy ain't a gonna tangle with no more. I had my "whoops" loading up wet corn gluten feed one time during my truck driving career and that stuff STANKS kinda rankish too. Pedal steer with feet I can do OK...lever steer with hands I can do OK...Lever control of the bucket with my hands is kinda/sorta second nature to me. BUTTTTTTT lever steer with hands and then pedal control of bucket with feet....why that's just "unnatural".

Rick & Snoop

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Hey, I made it back here...woohoo I think I may have it figured out. Not a easy task for this old girl.

Ellen: I'm rooting for Erkle on DWTS. I hope he works the Erkle dance into one of his routines. Not surprised at who was sent home last night.

BEECH: WOOHOO motorcycle momma... Razz

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: I found it   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Found you bu I am not sure how it all works... will hunt around and see. Long time no see lots of you.
Kathi
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Home again.....   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Wow, you folks are getting good at logging in! It is so good to see you all here, I think we are going to enjoy this website after it decides we are here to stay. I didn't know about the 7 day waiting period for attachments, I'll try to find that switch and turn it down. Heck, you can buy a gun in less time than that! Rolling Eyes You wouldn't believe the levels of things to turn on or off here, it makes SuddenLaunch look like kindergarten. Very Happy It will get easier as we get used to things, though.

Welcome Sam/ANN!! Wonderful to see you posting! I am sure you will find you way back.

Welcome KATHI!! Wonderful to see you, too! I heard you were in the hospital not long ago, are you okay now? Hope you are better.

APPY, CB and FLESSA have registered, so I will save their welcome until they get here.....

Can you guys tell I like the color switch?
Laughing I do miss our wavy guys and hysterical laughing guys. I will have to figure out how to import them....soon......

I am back from the horse club meeting. My horsey dance card is pretty full for the next couple or three months. Donnie and I are going to host a little practice day for Actha type obstacles for club members in April. It won't be a big deal, but I will spend a week cleaning up stuff. I sure wish those horses of ours would make their messes in one spot for a few days. That would be helpful.

Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 pm

CB Where are you? Did my avatar scare you off???? lol!
Back to top Go down
Appy

Appy

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Ark wrote:

APPY, CB and FLESSA have registered, so I will save their welcome until they get here.....

[left]Posting...Posting.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Welcome APPY!!

Great to see you! Fair warning, though. There are some wicked avatars for me to choose from if you don't post one quicker than quick!
Twisted Evil Just ask BEECH! Laughing What's going on in APPY's world these days? More snow?

BEECH:
I am really getting into your avatar!
Laughing I just emailed CB to ask where she was. Hopefully nothing drastic has happened. When she gets quiet, I get nervous.

I was trying to figure out how to post videos here and don't think I can off my computer. Besides the ultra slow connection, even my smallest video is way too big for the space here. Oh, well. I did figure out I could link a video to you, though. Here is one taken 3 years ago right after Ivan learned his wonderful mounting trick. He was much darker and not dappled at all back then. This is still his best trick, he loves doing it because he knows I'll give him something as a reward. It is very handy, he is a short horse, but I am a short rider and when I get off somewhere, he will let me on easily when I climb up on something.

http://www.my-endurance.net/video/ivan-mounting-trick
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:59 am

Yes Ark, I have been in the hospital. Am dragging oxygen tanks around everywhere I go now. Horrid lungs but not from smoking. I quit that over 30 yrs ago. I always had bad lungs even when a kid. I will try and check in more often. I seem to be so busy doing nothing since I retired. Trying to figure out how I managed to work all those years and get anything else done. Kathi
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 am

ARK, I need to teach Monster that trick. Mounting him from the ground is tough on a good day. He's over 17hh.
Back to top Go down
Ann/Sam

Ann/Sam

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 am

Good morning!
You were right, Ark! Here I am ;-)
I am looking forward to responding to some of my old friends here, but for now I am hustling to the barn one last time before heading up into Wisconsin. Will be meeting up with Svet before coming home Sunday.
Whoopie! Road trip!!!
Y'all have a good weekend. flower
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

good morning all it looks like mother nature is turning up the heat here in Florida, by Monday it is supposed to be 90 sunny I am just not ready for this it is too early we don't see theese temps until may I hope this is not a look at things to come, I hope all have a great day and don't work to hard
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Yes, ARK, that avatar is beginning to grow on me, too. Now any change to the real me will be a colossal letdown…
rabbit rabbit
Now I too am worried about CB. pale

ARK, that Ivan mounting trick is wonderful! And if I read the commentary correctly, it’s Starlite mints that make it happen. I give my Shanti two of those every night before turning out the light, just as a reward for hanging around for another day. Now I’m going to put some thought into applying them to higher purposes. bounce bounce

BarT, I can really identify with both the breathing problems and the mystery about time. I’m getting some physical therapy to persuade me to open up my chest cavity and thereby my lungs, but I’m not persuaded that the pain is worth it. The therapist is excellent, but she’s young and trim and lithe and supple, and I keep getting distracted from the job at hand by thinking, DAMN but I used to look just like that --- and it was SUCH a short time ago….Sigh…Now it could be that I don’t get as much done now as I used to then because I keep spending time fretting about how I don’t get much done now… Of course it helps to be able to breathe, and now I have to think just to do that, and that takes time….More sighs… No No No No

So far today I’ve taken my 24-year-old pickup truck back to the repair shop to refix the brakes that were supposedly fixed yesterday, after a week’s wait. But I don’t begrudge the time it took because I liked hanging around the shop, watching to learn how things work, and eavesdropping on the guy talk. Then I came home, made pancakes for a very late breakfast, emptied the stove ashes and remade the wood fire, gave the horse his medicine and lunch – and there went another morning for this old lady. Smile Smile

Cold and raw and slightly rainy here today, but with none of the snow that was forecast. We now have green grass, blooming forsythia, and leaves on the lilacs! sunny

Back to top Go down
Appy

Appy

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Ark, I think you need to upload video to a server somewhere (ie YouTube or the other site buried in the instructions) You can then either post the link or "embed" the video

APster
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Ark, I think there is another thread somewhere. I managed to post there a couple of days when I was trying to get organized. TP and Flessa have both posted there. I included the link to get here on a post, hoping they'd find their way here.
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Beech love your avi...did Ark do that to you? Went shopping for the first time since getting home. What a not much fun experience that was. I truly hope I can ditch this oxygen tank soon. Those rider carts at the store do not hold much either. I guess they think the disabled do not need to do major shopping.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:06 pm

ELLEN:
Thanks for working on that. I made it too confusing by having two threads, so I just deleted the other one. It should be much easier to find the posts now. Unfortunately, it wouldn't let me transfer the posts from the other thread to this one, so TP and FLESSA's posts were erased. I hope they understand that we still love them and want them to post here!!!!

FLESSA:
I saw your posts before they got deleted. I am really glad you made it here!! The avatar is very pretty. I think I have your old one from Foopville if you'd like to use that one. It was so sad to hear about Star.......((((((((Vicki)))))))

TALLYPAM:
I saw your post, too, and am really glad to see you here! It would be great to see pix of your grandsons and your new horses.......
Very Happy

KATHI:
I have thought the WalMart rider carts didn't hold enough, too. I hope you can get rid of the oxygen tank soon. That must be difficult to haul around and try to shop, too.
I did do that avatar to BEECH
March 2012 - Page 2 3077217049 . She didn't have one at Foopville, so I found a snazzy one for her. She can change it any time she wants. Doesn't she just look too dangerous in that avatar?

Anyone heard from CB today? She is registered here, but hasn't posted. Let us know what you are up to CB!!

Guess who is now on our smiley face list? March 2012 - Page 2 407633263 March 2012 - Page 2 4175501327 March 2012 - Page 2 3077217049 March 2012 - Page 2 2927775184 I haven't found the wavy guys yet, but will keep looking. Just look at the bottom of the smiley list to find the new ones.

I had lunch with a friend who was supposed to cure my i-Pod woes....but didn't. I am going to have to deal with the technical guys on the phone. Strangely, I can download free things, but can't buy anything. So far it is their lo$$.
Rolling Eyes I did talk with my sisters on the i-Pod video phone while sitting in Wendys. That is the strangest thing to do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2012   March 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2012
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next