Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2012 !!!

Go down 
+13
sunny 57
Ol'Man
BarTGila
silverdancer
flessasgold
cb
Carol W
Beech
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ark
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:51 am

May 2012

May 2012 !!! Laughterhorsegirl
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:56 am

Okay! I think we are now in May! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

Welcome Jodi
I am IndyApp, and I also live in Northern Indiana. About, IDK 50 - 75 miles from Ellen? My name came about because I use to raise & show appaloosa's and I'm from Indiana thus, IndyApp. My last appaloosa that I raised from a foal went over the rainbow bridge last Thanksgiving and I am now down to a Spotted Draft and a Thoroughbred cross and my SO has two Tennessee walking horses at my place. Thunder is a been there done that saint of a mare that we bought 3 years ago that turned out to be pregnant so my youngest is a 2 yr old. I mostly lurk, but add my two cents worth occassionally.
Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Checkin In!!! 5/1/2012!!!May 2012 !!! 3032884798 May 2012 !!! 3716378699 May 2012 !!! 666742919
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:40 pm

HAPPY MAY DAY everyone. May Day tradition is gone in these times..............it used to be a fun day at school as we had made little baskets that the teacher would put treats in......we would go outside and circle around the flagpole decorated for May Day.............we sang songs and then sat under the shade tree and got to have our treats.

I worked on weeds again this morning as well as giving Atticus a little work.............he's catching right on and will be a good horse.

Hi JODI, welcome. I live in AZ, have two horses, one mature and one colt.........I will be heading to the high mountains soon to get out of the heat.........we live there in the summers. Our children are adults in their 40's and g kids are in college. I'm tired and re tired..............and glad of it.

ARK, nice to read Ivan is wearing a new badge.............

Everyone have a wonderful day. God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:11 pm

ppppsssstttttttttt....Hey Jodi

My name is SNOOP and I am mean and rude and U-G-L-Y. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil The rest of this bunch of people will verify that I like to tell the news about what happens around here, and especially about the people..and if I tell it...it is THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH of the matter and is never to be questioned again. Oh...I let RICK post on here occasionally, too. I AM TO BE FEARED May 2012 !!! 3077217049 May 2012 !!! 3077217049 May 2012 !!! 3077217049

RICK here....I live near Winston-Salem, NC and about 2 skinny hours from ARK. I retired 2 years ago after driving 18 wheelers for 1 1/2 Million miles. Wife, CAROL and I do a bit of traveling and will be leaving in a week for 17day trip to Wales and "a little bit" of England.

We have here a Quarter Horse mare that is approaching her 19th or 20th year (I could go look up her registration paper...but too lazy) and hasn't been saddled/ridden in several years. I keep hoping I'll find the time/inclination to do so.

This is a pretty nice bunch of folk here in FOOPLAND and we do enjoy sharing our ups/downs in life whether or not they are equine related. Over the years, I've had an opportunity to meet face-to-face with several of the folk here and haven't found a bad one yet....well...maybe the Moder Sickle Babe might be an exception. You see, the first time I met ELLEN...the Moder Sickle Babe...was at a truck stop in Injunanner. She and I left at the same time and she kept driving circles around my truck while going down the highway.

Well...hope you stay around and help with the entertainment.

Love to all....Rick & SNOOP who is Rick's imaginary friend and alter ego
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Oh my gosh! Graymare, you brought up a memory that I hadn't thought of in 50 years. We did have one teacher who decided we should celebrate May Day with dancing around the May Pole.
My favorite memory on May Day was when my very first mare had a surprise foal. He was around for 26 years.

Snoop/Rick claims to tell the unvarnished truth. In reality, there are many coats of varnish on what he says. Doing circles around his truck? Well, now really. I have no doubt that Hot Flash could accomplish that feat, but not so sure her rider could.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm

ELLEN:
That is a nice memory, having a surprise colt! What breed was he? Did you ride him?

GRAYMARE:
What did happen to the May Day celebrations? I remember May poles in elementary school, but haven't heard of them since. Do you suppose the communist May Day activities caused it to be given up in the U.S.?

Yep, Ivan is wearing a new badge this week. It doesn't say "For Sale" May 2012 !!! 3751926669

RICK:
I do envy your trip to Wales! Donnie and I had the most wonderful trip there many moons ago. Are you taking a laptop? I still am in contact with a cousin in Wales, nice people.

Lurking INDYAPP:
Great to see you! Very Happy Are you training Tiberius yourself?

SILVERDANCER:
You are now a member, post and let's make sure everything is working! Welcome!

Lori came and we had a nice lesson with Ivan and Daisy. We practiced bending their bodies, Ivan is kind of stiff in his back. We also backed thru an "L" and learned to lower his head while trotting. Not a bad lesson considering we had a thunderstorm and spent part of it in Kazi's stall waiting it out.

Lori has entered herself and her mustang, Tonto, into the ACTHA America's favorite trail horse competition. It is an online competition. As soon as I find out the link, I'll post it so you can see her entry. She showed it to me on her laptop and it looked great to me! I hope she wins. cheers
Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:20 am

Rick Angell wrote:
ppppsssstttttttttt....Hey Jodi My name is SNOOP and I am mean and rude and U-G-L-Y. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil The rest of this bunch of people will verify that I like to tell the news about what happens around here, and especially about the people..and if I tell it...it is THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH of the matter and is never to be questioned again. Oh...I let RICK post on here occasionally, too. I AM TO BE FEARED May 2012 !!! 3077217049 May 2012 !!! 3077217049 May 2012 !!! 3077217049 RICK here....I live near Winston-Salem, NC and about 2 skinny hours from ARK. I retired 2 years ago after driving 18 wheelers for 1 1/2 Million miles. Wife, CAROL and I do a bit of traveling and will be leaving in a week for 17day trip to Wales and "a little bit" of England. We have here a Quarter Horse mare that is approaching her 19th or 20th year (I could go look up her registration paper...but too lazy) and hasn't been saddled/ridden in several years. I keep hoping I'll find the time/inclination to do so. This is a pretty nice bunch of folk here in FOOPLAND and we do enjoy sharing our ups/downs in life whether or not they are equine related. Over the years, I've had an opportunity to meet face-to-face with several of the folk here and haven't found a bad one yet....well...maybe the Moder Sickle Babe might be an exception. You see, the first time I met ELLEN...the Moder Sickle Babe...was at a truck stop in Injunanner. She and I left at the same time and she kept driving circles around my truck while going down the highway. Well...hope you stay around and help with the entertainment. Love to all....Rick & SNOOP who is Rick's imaginary friend and alter ego
How Often does snoop came out? Should I be warned of him???? scratch Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:09 am

Hey, ARK! I notice you didn’t list Donnie anywhere among the critters on your farm… shrug

BEECH here, who’s been coming to this forum since its beginning, years and years and years ago, but barely noticeably because I lurk more than I post, by a factor of something like 500. I live in Maine with one horse, two dogs, lots of cobwebs, and (so far) five broken vertebrae. But, though old and creaky, I’m still mobile and looking forward to growing up some day… And then ELLEN and I are going to get together to race our respective big scooters…. bouncy

ELLEN, I am really getting the hang of mine now! I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it thus far this spring – and that number would be higher if the weather had been consistently warmer. Sunny all last week but chilly and wildly windy, and today it’s been raining all day, with temps in the 40s. I did get a compliment yesterday from the bike repair guy, which was especially impressive because, built like a Sumo wrestler and with tattoos running up his neck, he looks like Central Casting’s image of the scary biker who’s seen it all: “Hey,” he said, “you used to be scared backing that thing up. But I seen the way you come in here and you’re doing great.” I love it! ClappingHands ClappingHands

RICK: May I stow away in your luggage? Wales and England are among the few places for which I’d leave Maine. Smile

SUNNY: Any new developments in your situation? I keep thinking of you. hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:09 am

Jodi, Snoop is harmless, if somewhat less than truthful - in spite of his claims to the unvarnished truth.

Ark, that foal was out of my very first horse. When we bought her, we wanted a mare NOT in foal. When the foal suddenly appeared with no warning, my dad called the previous owners and found that they had tried to breed her to a pony but didn't think it had taken. So Chief was half horse half pony. He was a little under 13 hands, but was strong and sturdy, so we did ride him on some trails, nothing too big. He was a fun little horse.

Beech, it gets easier and easier. Just keep going, and stay alert. Ride like everybody is aiming at you, and you'll do just fine. But it is nice to hear it from somebody like the big biker who sees you improving.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:43 am

Am I training Tiberius myself? Good question. I would say no as all I'm doing is making him mind his manners like accepting me in his space, standing tied, take a bath, lead, normal everyday stuff. I haven't started his formal "training" yet. I'm thinking of starting him ground driving this year and perhaps a little light cart work, but I won't start him under saddle until late in the fall at the earliest, but more likely next year. Time is everything. Right now I'm still studying for my CFP exam which is in July. Unfortunately, my life is focused on passing that test right now.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:10 am

Silverdancer???? Would that be OUR Silverdancer from the old days? I have wondered about you for a long time. What a great time we had here in Minnesota when you visited your Son. Is this really you? Please post and let us all know.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:18 am

BEECH...leave the gun (from your avatar) if you dare...pack up your Moder Sickle...and come on. We'll meet ya in Philadelphia. Our first 3 nights are at a horse farm B&B: www.newtonhallfarm.co.uk (Do a copy/paste thing to see it) I'm hoping to be able to do a kinda/sorta travelogue to share each day. If I'm not able to do it while there, I'll do it when we get home...and do it according to Carol's puny little scrap book silent silent silent ARK can attest to the puniness of her scrap book(s).

JODI: I have NO idea about how often SNOOP shows up here. He does spend a lot of time away from here...out and about...in the far corners of our community. You may "possibly" get to meet him as he likes to "help" folk and then tells about it. I have no control over HIS SNOOPNESS Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'd best get going with my day...gotta finish mowing the yard (~2 hrs work remaining)...clean/depooperize horse stall...straighten barn...be ready for farrier at 4:00 PM.

Love to all....RICK
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:04 pm

wow..I havn't been able to post! My reply button was gone! and said I had to log in and then wouldn't accept me, and I know Sunny was having the same problems...

Jodi, I live in Idaho, hubby is a truck driver, and we have a lil place here with 7 horses, 2 goats, and umpteen dogs as I raise Mini Doxies and Great Danes...my kids are all grown, 3 daughters-one a nurse, one an artist/horse trainer and one in the military in Texas. Hubby and I are moving to Texas sometime this year as we bought some land there. I am so looking forward to getting out of the cold winters here! and I am the one that complains the most on here about the crappy weather! I have Appallosas, one mule baby just born last month, altho I think she is a zorse from all her stripes!

I just got another horse y'all....she is a palomino appaloosa mare, coming 6 this year and green broke. The lady I got my Cinnamon from, they have lost their jobs, and their house and out of the blue I get a call to come get her...so I am. I feel so bad for folks who are struggling out there, and I'm not rich by any means...Ilive in a single wide mobile...but I do love my animals and feel fortunate to be able to have them. My kids all rode growing up and they all have horses too, they tell me its all my fault they are broke buying hay as they just have to keep that part of their lives, cuz they had such good times and memories with their horses growing up and they were always there for them no matter what.
So its all my fault! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Rick ... if this Silverdancer is our friend from earlier days ... she is from (I think) Wales, she was a school teacher, and she had an Irish Draught horse. If you could hook up with her while you are on vacation, I KNOW you would like meeting her. Hope she will check in soon. I am sure I no longer have an email address or any contact info for her. Searching the old memory banks for this. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Jodi .. I live in Minnesota on a small little hobby farm. My 29 year old son lives downstairs and is a GREAT help to me. It works well for us to share this house. I have one little rescue dog (terrier cross) named Midge and 1 horse (1/2 arab 1/2 QH cross) named Ice. I am lucky to spend winters in Arizona out of the cold!!!! I am retired but still work a little part time job at the local American Legion club.

Welcome to our little family.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

I am hoping to get the lil pirzes out in the mail tomorrow to the winners of the foal contest...and TP I still need your addy please, I know you have moved and I don't have the new one!

Carol, I have to say DUH...what is this about silverdancer? I didn't even see that name anywhere? shrug shrug

Graymare, I guess that lil white pup had some will power as she is going strong now and filling out...I gave her nutrical and probios and kept waking her up to nurse all thru the nights now...am still doing it..Pinky doesn't think too highly of me waking the kids up to nurse again tho! She kind of gives me a look that says "really, do ya gotta do that"! The puppies are a week old and growing...and Pinky has gotten her appetite back and is eating everything! LOL
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:03 pm

CB ... Ark posted a note to her saying she was signed up and to post a message to try it. I am hoping it is our old friend. Do you remember her?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Carol, I seem to remeber long time ago on the haynet I think...wow...that is going back there! but it is vague to say the least...

Well, its time to wake up the puppies! and play with them...

and the to straighten up...ok lets not kid myself, I've been so lax here lately on housecleaing I need to use a scoop shovel...so I better get busy!
Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Checkin In May 2nd 2012!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

CAROL:
I got a request from SILVERDANCER to be member and remembered the name, but couldn't remember who she was until you (and BEECH?) mentioned Wales. Now I remember her! She used to be on AMMI more than the other forums. I hope she posts and catches us up soon! I believe her name is Fiona....I love that name Very Happy !

JODI:
Don't fear SNOOP. He is mostly a bad reporter Laughing. Gets his facts all screwed up with regularity.... Rolling Eyes...Tell us about your cats, Jodi!

RICK:
It took me a week to recover from lifting Carol's Scotland scrapbook Laughing. Now she is a great travel reporter! A daily post from you would be wonderful while you are on your trip. Purtee Please...

CB:
When the reply button disappears, it is usually a server problem. I can't do anything about it but help you wait it out. Sorry! Sometimes shutting off the computer and rebooting helps, but mostly you just have to wait until the connections between your computer and the website server solve their problems.
I am sure glad the puppy is thriving! So when are you moving?

CAROL:
I had forgotten Ice was half QH. That's got to help calm down his Arab half Laughing . Did I tell you that Areion's dapples are starting to peek out? Yep. I bet this time next year she is going to be nicely dappled. Ivan's are starting to fade, unfortunately. It would be nice to have them both dappled at the same time.

GRAYMARE:
Are you taking Grace to the mountains this year? When will that be?

I finally had a relatively lazy day today....after cleaning up the barn area this morning. I talked with my sister, Vicki, then ran to town so I could use Wendy's wifi. I admit it, I love using the iPod she and Annie got me for my birthday. We play a drawing game with each other, sort of like Pictionary.

Stinkbugs are driving me crazier than usual!!! No They are literally coming out of the woodwork. I know we caught 10 today. I don't know if they are up in our roof and coming down inside the house or what, but they semi-freak me out. Apparently the mild winter didn't kill them off and they are now happily racing around more than usual. The only good stinkbug is a dead stinkbug.....
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:14 pm

ARK...I doubt if CAROL will do a web-blog for this trip like she did last year for her South Africa trip: http://www.southafricajourney2011.blogspot.com/

I hope to do a little "reporting" each day...to include computer links to the various attractions that we see that would give you (if interested) a lot more detail. If that gets to be too burdensome on a daily basis, I'll wait till we get home and use her scrapbook as a guide. This year's book is all done Shocked...all she's gotta do is insert 937 pictures Rolling Eyes

ARK can attest that Carol does a "pretty nice and substantial" scrapbook. Seriously...you can take one of her scrapbooks and NOT have to have anybody looking over your shoulder telling you "what" you are looking at. She does a good job...and that's no bull!!

The countdown clock on Carol's computer is now on Days...Hours...and Minutes mode.

JODI...ya gotta do more than just "check in" daily, and please don't let us intimidate you. There is an abundance of honest friendship here to be shared around. SNOOP is already asking questions Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Love to all (including our newest...JODI ) ... Rick & Snoop
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

JODI, it is I, another lurker called F'LESSA from the middle Tennessee area. I no longer have horses but do have one hubby of 35 years who drives a truck, one son of 22 years who is a budding author, 7 cats and one dog. I also have two sisters in the area. 2PONY has 6 acres with an Icelandic pony and a POA so I can get my horsey fix every week or two.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:02 am

Hi all, well it's good to be back - and I can't believe I found this forum again under the new name! (tried 'foops + horses') and here we are. Carol and Ark, you're right, it's the same me from the old forum a long time ago indeed. And I remember the great time I had in Minneapolis with Carol and Marilyn. So.. a brief update! My son is still in the USA, but moved to TX - couldn't stand the COLD winters! I'm still living in Ireland, but visit Texas twice a year, to see the family, including my 2 new grandsons (now 6 and Cool. I'm still riding and competing my dressage horse and also found a new sport called TREC (orienteering on Horseback) which we LOVE. And last year, myself and some Irish friends spent a week in Montana on a ranch going trailriding out each day, which was wonderful, the scenery was breathtaking. Now, that's enough about me for now - how's everyone else getting along?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

May 2012 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!!
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next