Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2012 !!!

Go down 
+13
sunny 57
Ol'Man
BarTGila
silverdancer
flessasgold
cb
Carol W
Beech
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

May 2012 !!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:29 am

I voted in the professional devision for Lori and Tonto that film clip was moving and that is one well trained mustang and good looking too I hope she wins
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks, SUNNY!
You're a sweetie! Tonto is a very nice horse. Ivan and I rode with him at an Actha ride and he is very well trained. Lori did all his training although much of it was while she was working with Tommy Turvey, the stunt rider guy.

How is Kent doing? Feeling any better....I hope!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:13 am

I had company today! Travelin APPY! and of course we were in a mess here...packing and moving horses...messy house...you name it I had it...but it was nice to see her again! She is looking quite well and is enjoying her vacation so far. I hope she gets some good weather to spend with the horses and really enjoys her time.

We had the girls come over and help us move horses around today..Missy Muleytude is now in a smaller pen with her Mom so I can do a bit of work with her. Jaemi roped her and we were able to get a new halter on her, her old one was too tight already, she is growing faster than Max did! Harry may have a tall mule to ride. Now she has a drag rope on and easier to work with from here on out. We can't let her get anymore attitude than she already has! LIL DICKENS!
I put those two fighting squealing mares together like I threatened, and they havn't made a mismove, no fighting at all...no noise....they are eating out of the same stack of hay even! Go figure! Jasper is by his self again and is loving the peace I think! Now if I could just find the snakes and get them out of the house I would be so happy! harry moved everything around looking...NUTHIN!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:48 am

ARK, my QH was a small built guy, people thought he was Ara b...he sure put the arabs to shame that we rode against...and one of the judges who rode NATRC when he wasn't judging offered to buy him...and I thought about it...and decided he would love doing these rides with soeone who could really promote him...so I went to get his papers out of the truck and showed the guy, and he said, "these are QH papers"....and I said, ahhhh Yes....and he said "but he's Arab isn't he"....LOL...he didn't want him if he were QH! I rode him in novice and we couldn't do novice anymore as he placed so well in 6 rides in a row. His P and R's were so dang good...and the clincher on him...he never trotted...he slow cantered thru it all, lovely to sit..altho I did get up and off his back a lot anyway...I felt like a jockey...the only time he trotted was at vet checks or coming into a P and when we were a mile out...other than that a nice slow canter that matched everyone elses trotting...one time he was leading a group of riders and he slammed on the brakes and everyone nearly had wrecks...and here comes a bear lumbering down the trail at us....becuz Bit stood stock still and didn't move, no one elses' horses did anything but freeze either...and the bear kept on going...everyone one was WHEWWWWWWWW! Your horse was so good, and I told them I think he was scared spitless and didn't know what to do. We found out back at ride camp that same bear spooked a few other horses and riders had to be taken to a hospital...and horses had to be looked for in the forests. I was happy we did okay! Bit O Badger was a barrel racer..and he did well at it...we won a lot of ribbons...but I wanted to try something new...One time Harry raced him and he feel off and Bit did the rest of the pattern his self, went thru the timer and then ran back for Harry to get back on! Yes he did! Harry never rode him again! LOL
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:09 am

it is hard to feel better when the Social Security Administration keeps telling him he has to wait another 3 to 4 months to see how his stroke plays out, in the meantime he still has NO income comming in and no way to get the physical therapy he needs or meds he needs, and we have exhausted all of the government agencies and even the lawyers are not giving him any hope and we have tried the top lawyers in the country for Social Security, he is totaly at wits end and I fear for his mental health as well, he is getting desperate, I am trying to find a small travel trailer that my pickup can pull so that at least we will have some kind of roof over our heads but they are so expensive here but will keep on truckin have to
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Sunny .. I am so sorry that you guys can't get some resolution for your problems...... I sure don't know of anything else to try. Major prayers for a solution going up and hugs headed your way.

Ark .. sorry Ivan was a doofus again.... not sure what might work, but seems to me that he is scared for some reason. What I have done in the past is pretty simple and less stress than going out on the ride. I am guessing he gets his undies in a wad at camp during the prep time when everything is in turmoil. I would not leave camp until he was OK with it. Even if you just lead him around quietly on the edge of it and work your way in until he figures nothing is going to hurt him. And, I would never let him do anything fast until he is relaxed walking. So, now I have said the opposite, but I have been riding Arabs for 30 years. Besides, nobody is gonna get hurt in camp. some disappointment not getting to do the ride, but I think it will result in more fun down the road for you and Ivan. He tries so hard for you that I don't think he is being naughty. JMO worth exactly what you paid for it ... ((( )))
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:51 pm

say prayers for Clara, she had to evacuate her place due to a fire along the freeway by her house she took her horses to the fairgrounds and had to go back for the last three if she could get back , that is all I know for now either she will update you or I will as I find out more, the wind is blowing hard so don't what happend
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I just got off the phone with Clara and she said they got the fire out don't know what started it but the smoke was so thick she had to have a breathing treatment and her throat is so sore she can't hardly talk but the animals are o.k and she will be o.k just wants to get the he** out of Idaho this was the 3rd fire in the last two months
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:21 pm

thanks Dawn, I could use all the hums I can get today! The fire is contained should be out by 6 tonight they are saying....what a circus! When I came back for the second load they had the road blocked...but while we were setting there...we just pulled over to the side and walked in to check on the horses...figured we could just lead them out if we had too.but news cme it was contained. So we could go back to fairgrounds and bring the kids all home.
The BEAST holds a lot of dogs! and Missy Muleytude got her first trailer ride! Did well too!
My house smells smokey, my clothes all need to be washed, and I surely need a bath! All the critters seem alright...but boy the smoke got to me, it was soooo thick we could barely see each other while we loaded horses..Thick smoke...we were all coughing, and I have a sore throat and not much voice...all I can say is WOOOOOW!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

SUNNY:
I am so sorry for how cruel things are right now. It can't be good for Kent's health to be constantly worrying.....

CB:
Well, I was sort of wondering when something was going to happen to you. No excitement from you lately. affraid I am glad you and your animals are okay. What started the fire?

CAROL:
Thanks. I have to agree with you about Ivan. Arabs are different beasts. He isn't being mean, he has developed some fears that I don't understand yet. He is so good at home without any strange horses around, but seems to have a phobia about being away from home lately. If Ivan was being mean, he'd toss me in a second. He doesn't try to get rid of me and hasn't even spooked at anything in awhile. I think I will add some magnesium to his diet and see if that helps his nerves a bit since he has just gotten worse in the past few weeks since so much clover has come out in the pasture. I actually feel sorry for him, he can't help being nervous. I'll try what you said about walking him around. We are going to a little horse show on Saturday morning, mostly just to get him used to being in a busy place. He'll get a lot of walking around time then.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:23 am

ARK, I don't know what started the darn fire, and I could sure have a lot more quiet days, and be very happy about it. The wind was blowing hard today and just whipped that lil fire into a wild fire. Hammett made the local news...I was impressed! It came close to some homes...they had water trucks is the only thing that saved several of them. We were all lucky! I'm glad everyone is alright. Big sigh of relief!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:13 am

Hi guys...

CB: OMG girlfriend what a horrific experience. I wonder how you keep your sanity lately. I know you can't wait to get the heck outta ID for good.

SUNNY: The SS administration can be so difficult to deal with. It's a shame what they do to people who really need help. I'll be praying for something or someone to give you guys some help.

ARK: Here's my 2 cents about Ivan. Maybe you can board him at a very busy training stable for a couple months. Just to get him used to so much excitement going on, on a daily basis. Having Mack at the boarding stable really helped his barn sour attitude. Fine at home, at nut case away from his security blanket, the quiet farm and his stable mate Jazz. Plus I had Sue have different people handle him every day and when he was to the point where he could relax, she had them ride him also, so he wasn't used to just her style of riding. I don't think he is being bad, but like Carol, I think he is afraid, then you get nervous and he feeds off of your apprehension.

I'm off to work at the PO. Have a great day everyone

Love & prayers to all........
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:15 am

We have been "internetLESS" for the last 4 nights. Right now we are sitting in the lounge/bar at TRAVELODGE at the Manchester, England Airport. I'm really O^&%$ off here...had to PAY to park here even though we are staying overnight. They wanted approx. 35 - 40 US dollars IF we checked in a couple hours early...so we are here in the lounge (BTW...we are the ONLY car in the large parking lot so you know they are not busy). And...the "FREE internet" is ONLY in the lounge. Also...NO SHUTTLE to the airport in the AM. Oh well...that's life in the big city...gouge the public for ALL you can. IMO the same thing holds true with governmental services....just ask SUNNY/KENT!!

On a more positive note...we have had a reasonably nice vacation and have seen some different scenery from what we see at home. I'll have more to say when we get home and Carol starts on her scrapbook. I'll use her scrapbook as a guide for each day's outings/activities.

We'll be home tomorrow (Friday) evening and Kid Cameron is to meet us at the airport.

Love to all...Rick. Carol & a weary SNOOP
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:57 pm

SUNNY:
This is just a thought, but have you tried the Salvation Army? They do great things around here for folks in some need of help. They may be able to lead you thru the bureaucratic mess you seem to be stuck in. Just a thought....

RICK:
Safe trip home! You sound a bit tired. I always start craving pizza about the 10th day away from being able to get it. Drool Strangely, I can go for months here and not have pizza. Rolling Eyes

CB:
How did your MRI go? Hope all is well.

TRUDY:
Boarding Ivan away from here is not a bad idea. We actually did that for a month about 2 years ago and he came back much braver (and able to canter under saddle). It may be time for another dose of away time. There is a new boarding facility not too far from here that has an indoor arena and trails. If the magnesium idea doesn't pan out, boarding there may be our next option. The new place even trains Arabians. Not every place will. Thanks for the idea!

Tomorrow the vet is coming out to give Ivan his second strangles inoculation and do a blood test on Zippy to see if his Pergolide is working. This vet is an endurance rider with over 6000 miles of competition miles and should have some ideas about nervous Arabs. I hope.

I did something different today, kind of fun, too. A very good friend of mine is getting her certification in hypnosis because she is writing something about it. She asked if she could hypnotize me and try to get rid of my aversion to spiders. I said no, I can deal with the spiders, but I could use some help with my phobia about riding Ivan alone. So she came and did a session with me and is making me a meditation type tape for me to replay now and then to strengthen my resolve to ride alone. It was pretty interesting! I guess time will tell if it works or not. It would be kind of nice to not have to deal with strange horses sometimes or finding someone to ride with. Cool

SO does anyone have plans for the weekend? We are going to a little horse show early Saturday morning, be done by noon. I had planned on repainting the house, but my friend has happily talked me out of it. We'll just paint the garage, which is still Smurf blue instead of matching the house's tan.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:52 am

ARK, thanks for asking, but had to cancel as my new meds let my
glucose get too high and I couldn't go off of the meds for two days while it was so high...will have to reschedule.

No plans...just on Sunday,, GS Kyle graduates and then a barbque at his house...Hubby will be home Sun and Mon...I thik Mon we will tear into the bedroom one more time even the dresser drawers...that dang snake has to be in there somewhere....doesn't he/she///one of each who knows!

Am still nursing my throat, its still very sore, but breathing has become easier...I did worry about the horses and dogs...the smoke was so thick and dark, that we had to yell to each other to see where we were...while we were loading animals, that was spooky...have never been in smoke like that ever. Everything in my house smells like smoke...I've febreezed, left the windows/door open to have fresh air today...but I"m going have to wash all my clothes in the closets...I wore my jacket today and it smelled like I was a
heavy smoker! ugh!..
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Sunny, are you getting smoke from the Orlando fire? That isn't too far from you is it? I hope they get it under control and out soon...I'm sure they will as its pretty close to the park/businesses etc. I'll HUM!

Well, the weekend has started already here! LOL...I saw six motorcycles come up the east bound ramp going the wrong way....they headed for the hills and hid out...the cop car was a few inutes behind them and he came up the rap wrong way also...and then he got back on and headed west...a few minutes later one by one, the motorcycles re appeared and one by one got back on the interstate going the right way....so now they were traveling singly and not in a group....what ya don't see on this intersection/ramp! I hope there are no wrecks this weekend..everyone travels safely.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:04 pm

no Clara we only got the smell not the smoke from the fire and there are other small brush fires around the area we are so dry, and there are a lot of stupid people on the road this weekend but we are watching the hurricane in mexico and there is a named tropical storm that is forming near the Bahamas, it looks like our hurricane season is starting early this year, 2 named storms and it isn't even June yet, we are supposed to get the rain from the system on Sunday and monday depending on which way it goes. other than that we have no plans but I sure hope that all of you get to go camping, trail riding, or a family B.B.Q.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:46 pm

We be H-O-M-E at last Shocked Shocked Shocked We got up early this morning to be sure to have time to return the car before flight home. Thanks to Carol's excellent NAGrivation skills, we were successful in that endeavor and made it to airport about 3 hours early for our scheduled flight. FIRST THING WE SAW WAS OUR FLIGHT NUMBER WAS CANCELLED. Someway/somehow USAIRWAYS was able to get us on a UNITED flight that left an hour earlier and changed planes in DC at Dulles airport and got us to Greensboro NC (home) an hour earlier than originally planned. Only minor problem/blessing was that we could not sit together on the approx. 8 hour flight. Kid Cameron met us at the airport and it sure was great to see him!!

My own bed is sure gonna feel good tonight!!

Love to all....Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:28 am

CB, that fire would have been soooo scary. I guess I'd be checking my insurance coverage as I was high-tailing it out of there with the critters, like you did.

Welcome home, Rick. We know you'll tell us about the trip when you get rested up.

It was just about a perfect weather day today. Lower humidity, temps in the high 70s low 80s, lovely breeze coming through the house. Got the yard mowed this morning, and went for a kayak ride around the lake this evening.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:39 am

RICK, bad boy, bad bad boy! such blessings befall you, eh? Laughing We'll be waiting to hear about the NAGrivation and tales... Razz

Sunny, that's good about the smoke not gettin ya...hope the hurricanes steer clear also and all you get is much needed rain. I will content myself to watch my ditch bank and the ramp for entertainment. Sunday is Kyles' graduation and Monday we'll ride in the St Jude Fundraiser Trail Ride...Larry is going too...get him out of the house.

Ellen, my insurance is paid up thank heavens! It was such a sick feeling leaving some horses behind. They were in big dirt areas and may have faired alright...but I'm glad I didn't have to find out. We were throwing stuff in the trucks and loading as fast as we could! I'm glad they got it stopped in time, altho it would almost pay this place off...with the insurance...but the animals were safe.so would rather have that cuz I sure was in pieces about leaving some behind.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. yehawwwwwwwwww!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:08 am

Hideeho gang, I have been absent for a while, seems that there is always something to drag me away from the computer just when I get comfortable to sit and chat. Oh well...it beats not haveing a life away from the damned machine. lol

Welcome Home Rick, I don't get on here a lot but it seems that you have been across the pond for nearly a month or so. Maybe I just miss your frequent posts. lol Can't wait to hear more details about the trip

Sunny, did not realize that there was a big fire in the Orlando area, hope that you are ok in that area, you don't need to be fighting a fire along with Kent's probs. I like that idea that someone suggestion regarding getting in touch with the Salvation Army, good folks they are and if there is any way that they can help they will sure do it. Another idea may be the Ombudsman, not sure what the exact area that they help in but it may also be worth the phone call.
Ark I like the hypnotist idea and if it works...go for it. This reminds me of a story that I heard once...there was this famous hypnotist that went from city to city doing his hypnotizing of the entire audiences, was quite entertaining and made a good living with it...anyway he was in this big city that advertised him as being able to put anyone and everyone under his spell...so the night he was on stage he did his hypnotic chants and suggestions, etc. etc...once he was sure that the whole house was well "under" and the lights dimned, the background music lulled and he was about to move closer to the stage edge but with the lights down he tripped over the mic stand...and fell...cursing "F**k Me" .....the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

TWH, maybe he planned the fall..ya never know ....maybe he was so fugugly it was the only way he could get any! Razz Twisted Evil

Weather is cooler today...only in the 50's for our high, and looking wet, wetter and wettest for later on...we need the rain tho, so am not complainin! juat hope it holds off for me to get my chores done, think I'll start early on that!

How about this one? Both my tvs stopped working today! I know they were old, but geesh give me a tiny break here! cyclops Shocked Surprised Sad Well, we needed to get a new one for the camper anyway...these old tv's don't fit well in the allotted space...so a new flatscreen would be nice

Hope everyone is having a neigh ole time...as it is really quiet on here lately...stay safe in your travels and playtimes and working or whatever...and don't do anything I wouldn't do.... Cool Wink

later taters...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Summer has hit with a vengence today. It's been over 90 today and will be in the high 90s tomorrow, and probably Monday. I have to work all day tomorrow, then parts of Monday and Tuesday, Maybe I'll go for a swim when I get home both days.
The lake has been very busy today, lots of people out playing on all kinds of boats. Summer has begun.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Ellen, at least you have the lake to cool off and enjoy, and Sunny has the pool at the clubhouse...me I just stand under the hose when watering outside...brrrr its cold!
It has been overcast and humid all day long and not doing anything yet...Hubby got rain down in NV tho, so its probably coming this way. We need it...keep things wet around here so it doesnt burn, hopefully! I've counted 8 cars so far on my ditch bank today...geesh..there is a rest stop about ten miles down the road, why here! My dogs go off like a 4 larm fire everytime one parks there! They dump trash and pee, change kiddies diapers and leave them, empty coolers of the empties so they can find the still full ones easier while driving....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:05 am

Ark, have you considered upgrading to a Kindle Fire? Typing on a Fire is MUCH EASIER than on the older style Kindle. It's really a pretty cool little device.
The glass on it is Gorilla Glass, made by Corning. I want all my windows made of that stuff. Even though you touch all over it to get what you want, a quick wipe on the front of a shirt instantly removes all fingerprints and leaves no streaks at all. For reading outdoors it does have more glare than the old model, but tilting will usually fix that.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:50 am

On this day in PREhistory...40 years ago...I started saying "Yes, dear" on a full time basis. McDonalds, Burger King, or Arbys??

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!!
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next