Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2012 !!!

Go down 
+13
sunny 57
Ol'Man
BarTGila
silverdancer
flessasgold
cb
Carol W
Beech
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

May 2012 !!! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:00 am

Well...its been EXACTLY (to within 15 minutes time) one year since I last smoked a cigarette. You might say I'm possibly a bit closer to quitting.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 am

Good morning everyone.

RICK: A BIG congrats on your one year anniversary from smoking and on your 40th wedding anniversary. Way to go... ClappingHands George also met John Edwards at a Foundry event in DC a few years ago. He really liked him also and can't believe what he has become lately. What a waste of what could have been a great life.

OL'MAN: Ain't that the truth??? How sad what they have become over the years.

ARK: WOW Ivan must have heard you whispering Alpo in his ear. Young horses can really drive you nuts, it takes a lot of wet saddle blankets and tons of patience to deal with them. Keep up the good work with him. Maybe Daisy is his trigger when strange horses are around her, he feels he has to protect her.

CB: I hope you locate that snake. EEWWWWWWW we have one in the cellar and it freaks me out when I go down there, I'm always looking around for the little bugger Shocked . ALPO the magic word with horses. LOL

I'm spending 3 days of peace and quiet on the farm. George is away at the Military Order of The Purple Heart PA State convention. YIPPEEEEEE 3 days of NO cooking or helping with his chores. Smile Hanging out with my girlfriends and just plain relaxing. I just made a big bowl of macaroni salad for a funeral at the church today. My neighbor just called to say she was going to the church and would pick it up and drive it over with the items she made. Saved me a trip to the church this morning. I have the best neighbors.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Love & payers to all..........

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Morning all...notice I left out the "good"...it is cold and nonstop drizzle and looks like there is no end to it. My feet are cold, so I must hunt up a pair of socks. I was going to do a load of laundry this morning but that has been knocked down to the bottom of the list. Do I feel bad...not really, there are plenty of other chores to do, I will not be bored...well that is not completely true, but anyway...It will be an inside day today.
Rick my hat is off to you for going a whole year with out a ciggie...you have got to notice that food smells better and there fore tastes better. Keep up the good work, and live longer to enjoy life and those gr children. Snoope must help you a great deal in your struggle to stay off the "coffin nails" Hat off to him as well.
Ellen, I think I rememeber you living in Indiana, am I right...if so are you familiar with the Clark County area (Henryville) ? I know that Henryville was blown off the map at the beginning of this year. I have been stopping at Clark county State Forest every fall for nearly 25 years on my way to a Tn ride, now I am wondering if that wranglers camp is still there or got blown off the planet as well as the town. Just wondering if any of the locals know what the conditions are...if not I can always call ahead to see what the score is. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Eileen, I live in the north end of the state, and that state park is completely at the south end, so I don't know what the conditions are there. I'll do a little state park research and see what I can find out.

Here's what I found: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4827.htm
The horse trails are currently closed, because of the storm.

After a little bit more looking around, I found this: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4826.htm
It's a little off of I-65 but might be close enough to be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Can you believe June is here? This thread is now closed, please go to the Basket and click on June or go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t5-june-2012summer-time#644
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2012 !!!   May 2012 !!! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2012 !!!
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9