Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2015

Go down 
+7
Rick Angell
Beech
Rose
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Indyapp
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

December 2015   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Wow! I wish Indiana would have a price war. Ours is about $1.90 and going up for no good reason. It might go down a little after the weekend. They always to raise the price just before a holiday weekend.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Our gas is 1.60 here. nice. it was 23 when I fed this morning. everyone was happy to see me and were ravenous! everyone was dry tho, but ill go brush them today to get the hair fluffed up and demudded! after it warms up some. my ponds are down to large puddles now with ice on top!

Last night a school bus carrying a team of girls to a game got washed off the road and a semi truck....all were saved......thankfully. others not so lucky tho, I think 11 has drowned so far. just in missouri.

Staying home today, but tomorrow pt is at 8 am...ugh.....then I have appt at 11 am. an hour away. Main roads to the appt are open but a lot of seconary roads arnt, now farther south, not as good, even parts of interstates under water.

Hope all are safe! warm and dry!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:49 pm

CB, glad things are a bit better for you. They showed MO on the news again, parts of it sound awful. Glad your horses were dry today. Be careful out there.

Here, 30 this morning, now about 45 or so, moderately cloudy, humid, no rain.
Big storms here in N. Arizona, I 40 finally opened going east....It was closed clear to Albuquerque.

Everyone have a good day.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 2:18 pm

CB, glad to hear that things are easing up a little in your area, and that you are doing okay.

Now, for a funny story. True story.
A couple of weeks ago, one of my younger cousins and her family started noticing a really bad smell in their house. Her husband had determined that it might be an animal that got in their attic and died. He was just about ready to climb up there to see what was going on. Just before he did that, they managed to narrow down the area of the smell, and then pinpoint it. It was their 12 year old son's basketball shoes. hysterical
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 7:18 pm

I believe that ELLEN. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:01 pm

I do too! when kyle played football he would reek when he rode home with us, his uniform! we learned to bring air freshener along!

I lost my earlier post.
A schoolbus and a semi truck got washed off a road, all were saved. 20 girls going to play basketball. why they didn't cancel game, I don't know! 12 have drowned so far.

Missouri is state of emergency and national guard have been called in. I44 is closed several places, under river water from lil piney river which looks like a raging big one now. more people evacuated to safety....

We r fortunate compared to others.....

Has anyone heard how rose is or what happened....I'm just nosey! and I care too!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:49 pm

ELLEN
That is funny about the kid's shoes hysterical .

CB:
Wow, your area, and Texas, really have been hit hard. The storm passed thru here fast and went out to sea. The weather guys said it would linger, but it zoomed past us and only left about a quarter of an inch of rain. We went back up into the 60s this afternoon with actual sunshine! Mud is nothing to deal with compared to what the middle of the country has had.

Despite the great weather this afternoon, no ride for me. I spent the afternoon rebedding Daisy's stall and cleaning the barn by myself. Donnie spent his afternoon replacing the frost-free faucet at the barn that we thought was leaking. It wasn't. We now have a new and improved faucet, and a leak somewhere else. We are going to end up digging up that water line....sigh....

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 am

Ark, not sure what it would cost but may save lots of time, but plumbers have an exray thing that can tell where the leak is now. then u only dig that spot and fix it. I've never used them, but I've heard about it.

Its a real mess and I guess it could be worse....I'm thankful I'm not in the thick of it. I feel for those tornado victims everywhere.

Well I'm off to bed.....sweet dreams y'all!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:25 am

Calling DONNA:  Miss Carol is beginning to make plans for a trip to your part of world (Nova Scotia) and on farther to Newfoundland, Prince Edward, Labrador, etc.

We really want to meet / visit with you and start or finish our NS part of the trip "down south" in Yarmouth.  Carol likes to do extensive research ahead of time with "local" recommends on things to see and do.  

Would you be so kind as to drop us a line with your email addy?  I am: rangell27028@yahoo.com  She / I will have questions galore I'm sure.  Suggestions on season of the year...??  We are tentatively thinking sometime mid May to mid June.

Retirement does have its "possibilities". cheers  cheers  cheers

Rick Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 am

Rick,

I have sent you my e-mail address in iMessage through FB or maybe it was through here. It is defhimmelman@eastlink.ca. I will be more than happy to meet you and Carol next summer. Sounds like quite an extensive trip but you should really enjoy this part of the country. Let me know when you plan on leaving and any questions you have that I can answer, I will be happy to help.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:38 am

Happy News Year Eve everyone..

My Internet has been down for days and then off and on since Christmas day. UUGGHHHH

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday.

CB: Praying for you girl with all the rain you are getting.

ELLEN: Funny sneaker story, not much smeller than a teenage boys sneaks.

ARK: Our nice weather has gone away also, it was 67 on Christmas. At the candle light service at church our Pastor came out in a Hawaiian shirt and did the Hula before the service started. He is such a riot.

Our gas is still over $2.00.

My Ace dog has been sick. Had to take him to the vet, he was throwing up and just miserable. Now he is on Zantac twice a day for 2 weeks & eating rice and boiled ground meat..

Anyone making resolutions? Not me. I'm a resolution breaker so why bother.

Have a safe New Years Eve if you guys are going out. George & I will be staying home, like we do every year. Having our early New
Years Eve celebration and be sleeping at midnight. Sleep

Praying for a happy New Year for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Trudy, I'm not writing this to scare you. Just relating a story.
A younger cousin and his wife have a hyper active Boston Terrier (not my favorite breed). They often fill a kong - one of those rubber chew-toys - with peanutbutter to keep him busy. At some point, he proceeded to EAT one of them. It was supposed to be so tough that even a big dog couldn't tear it apart. A piece about an inch long, was stuck at the exit of his stomach. It took surgery to get it removed. He's doing fine now, back to being obnoxious and hyper.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Also, some pnut butter has xyitol in it and it will make a dog very very sick. now we have to watch stuff we give our dogs a lot closer. trudy, nutrical is good for him. I swear I have saved a lot of dogs with that stuff that have come in so sick, so skinny, or injured and not eating. I got a 3 yr old male great dane at 63 pounds once, and I contribute nutrical for saving him. when back in shape he weighed 167.
Hope ace feels better soon.

We r finally drying out some, my ponds r duck puddles now, but its so muddy. but we have it much better than others, I can't believe the pictures I'm seeing on the news.

Rick, your trip planning sounds like it will be a fun time.

We r staying home ton ight too. we will watch the ball drop on tv.

Happy New Year. may our health and travels and horse time be great for 2016
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:31 pm

We're home tonight, too. Sat. we're going w our gang (14) to dueling pianos at our local piazza joint/bar. We couldn't get a reservation for tonight.

I took Christmas down today, vacuumed and now it looks like Christmas
came and went. That said, we have beef soup (homemade)and rolls for dinner w salad. Thank heavens I put that on early today while I worked taking down Christmas.............we're tired. TL worked outside today on our side patio and has been on the ladder a lot.....he's whooped.

Everyone have a happy happy new year and GOOD health to all for 2016.

Seriously, can it be 2016? I remember the old years at the sock hop for NY's eve................WOW. Hey you guys, we're OLD!!!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:36 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: wavy I am at my favorite coffee place and thought I would wish everyone a happy New year while I have wi fi I can post on our new site through Facebook as it is on my phone, foop fest life has been boring for us trying to save money to leave florida
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:21 am

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful year in 2016!!

Welcome back, SUNNY!! You have been missed! Have you decided where you wish to move?

TRUDY
Your pastor sounds like a fun guy Laughing . Sorry to hear about Ace, poor guy. I hope he gets to feeling better quick.

CB
I heard about xylitol in peanut butter making dogs sick, too. I never thought to check such things before. When did they start putting that in peanut butter?

Had a nice lesson with Lori today. Only problem was being able to hear her. Some folks on the hill behind our property had at least 3, maybe 4, dirt bikes roaring so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. It went on all afternoon until dark. They have had one dirt bike for several weeks, today they must have invited all their dirt bike friends. I hope this doesn't keep happening. It really was loud and annoying.

Donnie dug up the other frost free faucet near the chickens and found a leak! That was good news. He fixed it and then discovered we still have a leak somewhere else...sigh....We are going to have to replace 300 feet of underground water pipe. No

I am fading fast.....Don't think I will make it to midnight. We are such party animals. Sleep
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:01 am

We made it to east coast new year, but never got to see the ball drop, it was just a tower thing with 2016 on it...what! always seen the ball drop but not this year!

Happy NEW Year! ClappingHands sunny bounce jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:51 am

On the Rose Bowl parade, watch for entry #49. 25 Endurance riders ages 22 to 92 representing the American Endurance Ride Conference making their first appearance. They follow the Stanford band in the line up.

Gotta run feed the herd so I can watch!

Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Go to:  https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t52-january-2016#6962

or go to Basket and click on January 2016
2015 is now history..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2015
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6