Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2016

Go down 
+3
Manygatess
Graymare
Beech
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

April 2016 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Hey................hay. YAY YAY. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ARK & DONNIE!!!

CB, heavens.............LOL, another foal this year to see..........a two for one!
LOL, been there, done that..............it will sure be fun tho...........can't wait.
Hope you can get social service to move your brother and all you have to end up doing is visiting.

Francis was frustrated but is happy getting her deposit back. Other than time,it's all good. I haven't heard so don't know if she has a new trailer or not............LOL, who cares.......she got her $ with no problem.......told her God was looking out for her.

Tired tonight..............later gators.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 12:06 am

Thank you very much!  We had a nice dinner at Macados.  I don't know where those 42 years went.  We were going to go to a movie, but didn't find one we wanted to see.  So we cruised thru a local car dealer to look at a Chevy Colorado. It is a diesel. Nice truck.  We are still in the lookey lou stage.

GRAYMARE
 Lori and I are just doing an afternoon trail ride on the New River trail on Friday.  So far I don't think my shape is good enough for 25 miles, so have put that off for awhile.  My hip joints did better this week after trotting most of an hour, so there is still hope.

CB
I saw on Facebook that SUNNY has lost 50 pounds in 3 months! wavy  Congrats to her! She said her health was much better, too!  That is so good to hear. ClappingHands  I hope your brother gets better quickly.

ROSE
 How was the little horse?

TRUDY
I didn't realise that Ace and Areion were the same age.  Sorry about your tulips.  I had something eating the bulbs at our old house, but it wasn't a groundhog.  It was something smaller.  We are trying to catch a wiley raccoon in my barn these days.  We have pix of him stealing the cat's food, one with Ivan peeking thru the door at him.  The raccoon  won't get in the darn trap.  Rolling Eyes

ELLEN
Have you tried out your kayak yet?
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:00 pm

No, I haven't tried my kayak yet.  The water is still pretty cold and my beach still has tree sections all over it.  I have to get in and out of it from the beach; never have been able to get in and out from a dock.

I spent a while today picking up little pieces of tree that aren't good for anything.  There is a rather loose tall stack that will soon be doused with Travis' magic fire juice, and then become a very small pile of ash.  This weekend I'm hoping that the big pieces will begin their journey up to his barn.

Now that the trees are down, it is easy to see how loose the bark is. The emerald ash borer crawls along under the bark and makes tracks, which causes the bark to fall off.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Bros bp dropped today, Dr says there isn't much he can do....he is moving in with his daughter, where he can smoke his self to the end. He refused rehab nursing care his insurance would pay for three months...duhhhhh....love him, but pissed at same time at him and kids, but oh well....nuthin absolutely not a thing I can do, Im resigning myself to that it may be easier on me now, but I wanted what was best for him....ahhhhhh well.
I'm luvin hearing what's going on with everyone. Spring has been nice here, sunny warm days....I like!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Well darn, lady and her son, both came down sick so I didn't get to see Gunner yesterday, gotta wait till she is well. She was so abrupt when she cancelled for yesterday I was really afraid she'd changed her mind but she did get back to me and assured me she hadn't changed her mind and she will give me first offer of refusal.

CB, I am so sorry that your brother is not doing better and praying he gets well enough that he doesn't have to go in a nursing home, and if he doesn't that he understands the need for continual care. Hope Daisy does really well and if she is preggo that she has a healthy baby.

GM, that is one beautiful baby! Love the continuing saga of Francis and Houston and very, very, happy she got her deposit back, that had the potential to turn out badly. Eli is getting so big and so handsome! I think 15 minutes is just the right amount of time for a colt to pay attention and learn.

ARK, I wished you and Donnie a Happy Anniversary on FB when you posted the pic at Macado's, and think you made a wise decision to not do the 25 mile ride till you were able. Shorter rides for now is a good idea. I also find it really hard to think Areion is 7 years old! Goodness how time flies! And, case I haven't said, I'll get my friend's truck to come up there one day, wondering if cart will fit in long-bed truck?

TRUDY, I'd help you whip up on Phil if I was close! No damage to lilacs I hope, my favorite, favorite flower! My early irises have already bloomed and the little violas too. The Spring irises haven't begun budding yet but my strawberry plants are blooming and my tiny blueberry bush is loaded with berries.

BEECH, I am with everyone else, I want to get my haircut where you do, that sounds like so much fun and interesting too. Glad to hear from you. Is it getting any warmer up that way?

CB, be sure to tell Sunny we are thinking about her and wishing her well on her hip surgery.

Be back later! P.S. What's Snoop up to, anyone heard?

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Durn CB, just read about your brother, you are so right, not a darn thing you can do. Cannot believe he is still wanting to smoke, geez!!!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 pm

CB................heavens, God knows you did your best for your brother...........
if he makes the choice to go live with his daughter, she has to pick up the pieces...................you & Harry worked like crazy to make things nice for him.

ROSE, sorry your appt to meet your new mini friend didn't work out. The owner sounds responsible tho, as she did call & let you know she is still going to call for you to see the mini.

OK...Francis' new trailer is in progress............Trails West, two horse, ramp.........very nice.......gets it next week sometime........she just called from her "clinic" site........it all starts tomorrow but all kinds of people are already there, clinicians, horses, mules, participants, etc..............I'm loving it. She's half nuts. Seriously, at our age is's SO cute..........

ELLEN, hope you got quite a bit done on the wood pile today..........I'll get the marshmellows.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 11:47 pm

CB, I'm so sorry about your brother. Whatever they put in cigarettes is a vicious addictive substance. Sooo hard for people to quit.
Any idea when Daisy will foal or who she's bred to?

Rose, I hope you get to see the mini soon. That would be a fun new adventure.

Graymare, the saga of Francis and Houston is so much fun to read about.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 am

It is fun to hear about that mule and the crazy gal, Lil
Daisie is bred to an happy stud, very nice and built, but he is also her sire...was hoping she wasn't bred...dwat!
Jessi won NCO of the year, and she will be trying in august to win it nationally, will certainly get her next rank easier...her dad said joey will have to make the doors bigger so she can get her head thru them, but we r very proud of her.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:53 am

Rose's prospective driving mini:  Gunner!

April 2016 - Page 4 KLdNcB

ROSE:
 Very pretty guy!  And yes, we carry Zippy's cart in the back of our pickup truck.....Good luck with Gunner!

CB:
 I hope your brother does better than even he expects.

Gotta lot to do this morning.  Trail ride with Ivan and Areion at 1:30 pm with Lori today!  We washed Areion's filthy tail last night, she looks much more presentable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:21 am

Wow! What a pretty little guy, Rose. Looks like the judges thought so too.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:59 pm

ARK, thanks for putting Gunner's pic here where all can see him. I am so excited and cannot wait to meet the little fellow. I really feel like he'll be a perfect match, but if not I will still pursue another. I need to smell horsey smells!!!

CB, My heart goes out to you! Glad Daisy was bred to a good horse, but what are the possible ramifications of her being bred to her sire? I don't know what can happen with that, never dealt with such.

GM, waiting anxiously for the next chapter of Francis and Houston! So glad he is the best possible match for her. We Seniors need those kind of equine friends!

Anyone tell me what SUNNY's Facebook page name is?

My very brave ROBIN is on a class trip with NOAH and his class to Midevil Times in Myrtle Beach. She rode the bus with them, bet she is having many second thoughts! She is braver then me. hysterical

Gotta run to grocery store! Need coffee, sugar for the humming bird mix.....................

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:13 am

Oh ROSE........boy, that Gunner is a hot ticket.......handsome dude. Can't wait for your meeting report. LOL, ROBIN is a trooper. I'm sure she is having a ball but prob wonders if she needs her head examined.............

CB, your baby should be a looker.............no news from Francis as she is up at her mule clinic.

Hope everyone is into spring now. Here, up north, snow in the mtns. News showed the Grand Canyon with dark gray clouds and fog low on the canyon............very pretty. Obviously COLD.

Everyone have a good evening.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Ark, how was your ride yesterday?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:26 am

ELLEN
The ride went pretty well, thanks! Ivan was more nervous with Areion there, but wasn't bad, just more alert than when we go with someone else's horse. He danced around a few times and occasionally looked at a bush suspiciously, but was very controllable. We rode 8 miles and had to get off to cross 4 bridges...each way...That being the worst thing about that part of the trail. Areion behaved herself except for doing a few minor spooks, once at a squirrel Rolling Eyes . It was a good ride, but not quite as easy as the last few without Areion there.

Ivan did the same nervous thing with Daisy at a few rides, and with Trinket during the Christmas parade last year. He seems to feel responsible for their safety....or something... He behaves, but is hyper alert. And if an outsider horse is with us, I have to keep him from acting up with it. He hates Jane's gelding, Albert, if one of our mares is around him. Funny horse.

My hip joint got wrenched a bit while mounting after crossing a bridge, that didn't feel too good, but seemed to pop back into place after riding a few minutes. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to fully recover. Very soon, I hope.

CB
How is your brother? Congrats on the impending foal! I don't think one cross back to the sire will hurt anything. Just call it "line breeding".

GRAYMARE
I bet the Grand Canyon looked really great with the fog!

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Bro is moving to rehab nursing home, although I'm not sure how much rehab he will get in the condition he's in...harry and I have flipping colds, went all winter and bam! Slam..,ahhh well we will get better I'm sure. Getting the whelping box
set up for bluey....two weeks to go. Get Daisie on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:36 pm

So sorry about your brother CB................Lord knows you tried to help!
Heavens, a spring cold...........Booooooooo.

I'm sure you're anxious for your puppies. And your foal.........

Hey, ROSE.....did ROBIN survive the field trip? LOL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 am

Over 34 years of teaching school, I probably went on 68 field trips, or more. Some of them were a nightmare. Some were excellent. Oddly, the best ones were when we took 5th graders to the symphony in Indianapolis. The music was aimed at the kids. I always had my kids dress up for the occasion. They always behaved beautifully. Clothes do make a difference.
I've never understood why they don't build sound absorption into school buses. 60 kids inside a tin can echo chamber.

My tulips are blooming like crazy - finally.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:42 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Doing barn chores can be a big surprise......Behind a door that doesn't get used was a feral cat with 2 kittens.....maybe 3. So, naturally I had to place some food & water for mom.........I will figure out a plan later. I just can not be so ruthless to let anything happen to them. Daughter is thrilled. Interesting, this is a cat I had't even seen before. Chose to live with Eli...........LOL.

Boy, surprises all around...........part of God's spring bloom.

That was it for today. I finally saw Houston yesterday...I have to get organized to get it here..............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 am

Awwww. While all babies are cute, there are few any cuter than baby kittens.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Update: Fed mama cat again last nite..........and this A M. Took husb out to see where they are. Food gone. MAMA & kittens GONE. LOL. Hope they went next door to that barn.........much nicer barn.

Honestly, feral cats are huxters............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Bro is moved, but not doing so good. Waiting to pick up Daisie, hubby is working on some trailer wiring. I'm ready to get horse and go home to bed....blahhflooie. Feel bad both of us. Hubby's Dr. Gave him antibiotics, my Dr the assfrijolie said I would get over it.,.pfffft. I am trading him in for different doc...we just don't see eye to eye.
Enjoy the good weather everyone
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Graymare, did Francis come home from the mule clinic with all kinds of new equipment?  

CB, I'm sorry you aren't feeling very well yet.  Any idea when Daisie is due to foal?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:40 am

I got Daisie in august, so i figure between now and august...lol. Its wait and see game. Got her picked up, loaded like a dream, unloaded very well, real quiet....so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 am

GRAYMARE
I bet the kitty returns. Raising kittens on a single mama cat's income can be difficult....
We are dealing with 2 feral cats right now. We got them in to be fixed before the female got into kitten trouble. The former tomcat, Dorian Grey, is taming up great. The calico female, Dory, may never tame up. We are moving her to the barn and hope she stays there when released. She has recovered from her surgery and her nasal infection now, so we have done about all we can do for her. She hides from us when we feed her.

CB
I hope you get to feeling better. hug

ELLEN
I took 30 high school students to the Biltmore Estate one time. It rained, the kids turned into maniacs once out of sight of their school, the bus broke down on the interstate and we had to wait three hours for a replacement. We got back to the school at 1 a.m. I didn't do that again.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 pm

ARK, your field trip made me really laugh............that could be on Saturday Nite Live. Yes, I found Mama again........well Rex did. He just sniffed.......she never hissed or anything, lifted her paw to smack him. I called him & he ran right to me. So, she's on the Miller animal welfare program.............until she moseys over to the neighbors...............we'll see.

ELLEN, Francis has all new mule tack, new trailer, and is off somewhere every day..............yesterday to her riding lesson............this is a riot!

Hope you & Harry are getting better CB.............

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2016
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next