Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2016

Go down 
+5
Rose
Beech
Graymare
NancyLee
Rick Angell
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Beech

November 2016 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Sorry, ARK. I so identified Kazi with Shanti that I turned her into a gelding.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 pm

DIANE, as I've already said in a message, my heart is broken for you and DONNIE, prayers for peace in your hearts. You gave Kazi the very best life possible and the mare will surely be there to welcome you to your final home.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 12:33 am

Thank you all, We greatly appreciate your kind words. You all understand how it is to lose a horse friend. I doubt that folks who have never had a horse quite realize the bond one has with one that you have spent years caring for, working and training with, and depending upon to keep you safe. It is in our blood and the horse is in our heart.

Kazi helped me recover from the loss of Arkady, then we spent a very long time learning from each other. I wanted to learn to train a horse and poor Kazi put up with a lot as we would do what John Lyons' books said to do, page by page. She was a fast learner, I was a slow one, but we did end up getting the job done. She was very kind to me. I think she had a pretty good life here.

Tomorrow I am going to bake that forgotten turkey in my fridge.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Life is settling down here. Daisy is still looking over toward where Kazi is buried and calling occasionally. She seems to be the only one still looking. We repaired the two gates Kazi tore down in her initial distress, one had to be replaced. We got a new one at Southern States yesterday. And we repaired the three fence boards she knocked down. Anyway, the barnyard is back in order.

The turkey finally got baked and we had a simplified holiday dinner this evening. We'll be eating turkey for awhile.

Areion injured her fetlock on the smashed gate during the ruckus, so the vets bandaged her up while they were here. She won't be getting a lesson this week. We have to keep her bandaged for about 10 days to keep her fetlock from scarring.

Donnie trimmed Ivan's feet this afternoon, so he may get a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Ark, I could not post from my phone over the weekend because I couldn't remember my password to sign in. (The computer remembers it automatically.) You and Donnie put your heart and soul into caring for Kazi. She had a very good life.
Thank you to Graymare for adding my message.

We had a very nice weekend, the highlight of which was lots of food. All the usual items. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn casserole, and lots of desserts. Between trips to the food tables, we watched the little kids running around, the big kids watching football, and the older gals checking out the Black Friday ads.
I got home this afternoon, and did a lot of my Christmas shopping online. Just a few more items to get rounded up. Later this week, a friend is coming to help me put the lights on my Christmas tree. I will feed her well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 9:43 am

Good morning from here in AZ..........we have big good snow in the mountains and had a good rain & wind storm down here last night. It's 45 and breezy so hopped right out to feed and back in for coffee.
With horses happily chewing and Rex at my feet, the day is starting out well............I will clean stalls later. Our tree is up and lights on. The early morning is so peaceful and chilly enough to pretend I'm in the mountains.

No big news here as the day is just startng. Hope all had safe travels for Thanksgiving.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 am

Oh. Watching local news here...........Cyber Monday ELLEN. Amazon has some really good deals...........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I did most of my ordering last evening. I bought some kids' toys from HSN. They have a better price than Amazon on the same thing. And, I bought some Ulu knife sets from Amazon, a biscuit cutter, and flannel pajamas from L.L. Bean. I do have a few things I'm going to look for on Amazon. It won't take me much longer to finish my Christmas shopping.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I keep losing my posts...ack.

Ark, I hope you two feel a tad better. It's likened to losing a human in our lives, sometimes we just have to wonder why, and it hurts. Hugs

Had my last knee injection this morning, yay.

I don't like the crush of people anymore on black friday, but I still like to go look at what I want, and still enjoy people watching. There are a few things I get online, but I'm still old fashioned I guess.

Hubby is working on the horse fence,.so the landlords grandson can take his panels when he moves his horse, then we can bring rocky here. Im still looking for thst special horse.....wonder if I'll ever find it.....

Time for a nap...yawn.....got up early.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 12:56 am

We are okay.  A little traumatized maybe, but okay.  Daisy has stopped calling for Kazi, which is good.  I guess they were closer friends than I knew.  We finished the repairs of the gates and fences that Kazi demolished in her pain, so everything looks normal now.  

I did a little cyber shopping today and got Ivan a set of Easy Boot gloves hoofboots, 25% off.  Basically, I bought 3 and got one free.  I hope they fit!  He needs new hoof boots, his old Cavallo boots are rubbing his heels.

He and I had a lesson today.  While we were using his hackamore, he did great.  When we switched him  to a snaffle bit, he objected.  He just does not like a bit in his mouth.  Lori wants me to enter him in beginning dressage classes, but if he stays unhappy with the bit, I may have to rethink that plan.  I would rather have a happy horse.  Too bad dressage requires a piece of metal in the horse's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 pm

I know why God decided that young people should have children. This evening, I stayed with the girls longer than usual because Daddy is away for more training on marine engines, his job. I was there for about 5 hours, not all that long. But two little girls are BUSY! CONSTANTLY! ROFL Not at all bad, just busy. Whew!
Tomorrow, I babysit with the neighbors' dog overnight while they go out of state for a funeral; then stay with the girls all evening tomorrow; clean the house so I won't be embarrassed when a friend comes on Thursday to help me put up my tree lights.
By Friday, I'll be ready to hide out for a little while.
Things I ordered for Christmas will start arriving tomorrow. They should all be here by Friday or Saturday, so I can start wrapping them. Then, just three small sewing projects to finish.
I wonder if I can actually be ready for Christmas by the middle of the month. santa
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 am

Busy getting ready for Christmas. Addressed cards, wrapped some presents to ship out, put up trees, drug the decorations downstairs, started setting up decorations...then a head cold attacked and I spent 3 days sleeping the time away. Darn daytime cold and sinus meds. I just can't take any of that stuff. So much for the NON drowsy stuff. Finally feeling better today and my nose has stopped running like a faucet.

Of course, some of the lights on the trees won't work. Mad WHO CARES??? I'll just decorate around those spots, at our age we have decided not to drive ourselves crazy over a few tiny lights. Funny how things become less important as we get older. LOL

Tomorrow is my big DNA test at the dentist. That should be interesting. Can't wait for the results to arrive. Not quite sure what my dentist thinks she is going to do with the results. One thing is for sure, she is NOT going to be dong any major pain filled things to my teeth and gums.

At her request we both bought Sonic toothbrushes. I'm scared of using it early in the morning when I am not totally awake. It's frightening to my teeth. affraid

Have fun getting ready for Christmas everyone. santa
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 pm

ELLEN
You are braver than me! Laughing Little kids like that sort of scare me. affraid The dog I could probably handle okay....

TRUDY
Sorry about your cold. They always seem to strike at an inconvenient time. Good luck with the DNA test! We haven't even thought about Christmas decorations yet. I think we may go minimalistic this year.

Rain, blessed rain! It has been scarily dry for weeks. Watching Gatlinburg, TN burn was terrible. That's about 4 to 5 hours down the interstate from here. Hopefully they are getting as much rain as we are today.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Trudy, feel better soon.

Ellen, I know from watching one Lil grd daughter, they can be quite wearing....so active. I block the living room off where she plays, otherwise it goes around the dining room, by or into the kitchen, around thru front door, down hall vack into living room, after about a dozen runaround the circle, i got smart, blocked it off!
I love to see harper so healthy and active, when there are so many kids who are sick and cant..so I appreciate she can make her granny go go go. Lol

Havnt heard from sunny for a few days. I hope she is taking time for herself to heal properly. I kind of read her the riot act about her taking care of herself, think I made her upset with me, but I hope it sunk in and she does take care.
Tommorrow we watch the Lil tornado...not much planned for weekend...
Whatz everyone else doing.
Ark, still keeping you in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm

The day did not start off very well. Took the car in to get new spark plug wires. Turns out that was not the problem. A bad cylinder that is going to be expensive to fix.

This will give you a good laugh. Friend came over today from Ft. Wayne to help me put up my Christmas tree. When she got here we started talking, and I was cooking, and we didn't so much as move a single tree branch or light. We ate and talked and talked and ate. We hadn't seen one another for several months, so it was good to just visit.
Deep fried whole chicken, onion rings, salad, homemade rolls, and she had the last container of homemade ice cream.
It turned out to be a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Goodbye November. End of a bad month... No

Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t63-december-2016#8276

or click on Basket and then on December 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2016
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6