Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2016

Go down 
+5
Rose
Beech
Graymare
NancyLee
Rick Angell
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

November 2016 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:27 am

NANCY LEE
Wow, you are so busy! Trying to reduce things is a great plan, one I am terrible at, but starting to think that direction. It is amazing how much one accumulates.

GRAYMARE
Whose horses are used at the games? It would be good for Areion to attend something like that, she is very nervous around hyper little girls.

ELLEN
What nice neighbors you have! How are you feeling post surgery?

CB
How is Harry feeling these days? I hope your discomfort goes away. It is sure not 70° here and we actually need rain. There have been several fires in the area this past week, it has been very dry.

We went to see Dr. Strange at the local theatre this evening. It was a Benedict Cumberbatch movie, who has become one of my favorite actors. It was a bit strange, but then based on a comic book character, I guess it would be. It was nice to get out of the house with my feller.... Very Happy

Horses are all fine. Donnie did Trinket' s feet and Cactus is next. Then the rotation starts over.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 3:04 am

We downsized a lot to do this move, but still ended up with a storage unit of stuff. Another yard sale in our future for sure.
GM, sound like a nice tired and I'll bet it was fun.

Ellen, sounds like u r feeling better, but take it easy.

Ark, harry starts seeing his new doc this week....he's doin good with the knee.

We went to jessis for dinner. Yesterday we had the veterans appreciation nears at texas road house and ihop....that was good.

Watched Alice thru the looking Glass with the kids....not really my cup of tea. I like romantic comedies best.

Well, off to slumberland. Hum for Dawn on monday. She needs her spirits lifted.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 9:48 am

We all spend the first 50 years acquiring stuff, and the next 50 getting rid of it.

I'm doing pretty well recovering. My bathrobe has been my favorite fashion statement this week. Laughing I even got a new one from L.L.Bean. It's like wearing a blanket.
I don't even have to feel guilty about not tackling the leaf work. I called my leaf guy to come clean them up.
Yes, I have the greatest neighbors anyone could have.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Ellen, I love my pj days, and I don't have a reason, they are just comfy, lol

Still trying to fix thi gs in this camper, 11 years old and Harry rebuilt all corners, fixed hot water heater, lights, now the ac needs repaired, it's a forest river, stay clear of their models. Our camper we had here before was a komfort, 95, and in much better shape.

Ahhhh well, kinda stuck until we sell the house....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Perfect day here. Sunny, cool, soft breeze, birds singing, horses eating grass, TL reading paper, Rex at our feet, chicken & dumplings aroma floating in the air..............LOL, lazy day.

The kids yesterday were great, just kids having fun and excited
at being "at a horseshow"...........ARK, we have a wealthy pocketbook (unknown source) that has our backs & horses..........
The afternoon sun really wears me out more than the kids actually.
Everyone had a great time but boy, obviously age is catching up with me.

Hope your house sells soon, CB, for sure before the snow flies.

Back to regular routine tomorrow.............

God bless. Later gators.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 11:58 pm

GRAYMARE
Lucky kids to have such a kind benefactor, and sweet adults to help make it a wonderful experience for them. ClappingHands

ELLEN
I am glad you aren't out there raking those leaves this year! We still need to mow ours to death. My apple tree in the yard still has green leaves despite several really cold nights. The rest of the trees are naked or losing their leaves fast.

Donnie and I spent several hours working around the barn today. Besides the usual poo removal, I dusted the entire barn. What a bunch of cobwebs! Donnie mowed down weeds around the arena and lopped off pokeberry bushes that pretty much took over the fenceline. Areion will be happy with that, it was part of 'Spook Corner'. Then both of us cleared out and cleaned up the feed/tack room and fixed up the barncats' sleeping quarters in there. Wizard and Dory now have a comfy doghouse with a heated cushion that will make winter more pleasant.

So our barn is nearly winterized. We still need to hang the electric water buckets and install the heated water trough.

Now if I just spent that much effort dusting the house.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 7:15 am

Good Super moon morning. WOW how beautiful it is this morning.

Our Veterans Day celebration at church was yesterday. It was amazing. The choir really did such a great job. Two of the guys wore their old uniforms to sign their solos in. Tears were flowing. Pastor cried when he was presenting the Longs with the award for their son Zechariah who was killed in Iraq.

Now we can relax a little bit until it's time to get ready for the Christmas parties.

I'm off this morning to get my yearly mammogram. Hate that nightmare, gotta do it anyway.

Have a great week everyone. I'm kicking back this week and watching the world go by.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:12 am

Hi all..........oh boy, TRUDY, the super moon here is beautiful, also. It's bright, outlining the horses standing in the distance, heads down resting. I opened the gate and they came running in to eat. I always love that feeling.

Your service sounds very moving. Our service sure honors vets and our vets stand in service to be honored. We sing Americana songs and hymns.

No other news here. Everyone have a great day.

CB, I e mailed SUNNY but don't know if she got it or not. Anyhow, prayers for her.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Yippee! All the leaves have been moved to the bottom of the hill. It's amazing what a good teenager and a gas powered blower can do in about an hour and a half. It would have taken me days to do that. I paid him well.
Now, I just have to be allowed to do enough physically to burn them - eventually.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 11:38 am

Had a brief visit with the surgeon this morning. All is well, and I don't need to see him anymore. AND, I can ride my lawn tractor again. I'll start moving some of last winter's wood up to Travis' barn.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Watch lifting....

Doncha overdo yet tho.

Sunny today.....dry up some.of the mud..
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 1:06 pm

I was so stressed out over my knee injection, and it was a sweet breeze....they use different stuff, not as thick, and a much smaller needle......yay.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 6:25 pm

ELLEN
Good to hear you are recovering! wavy I bet that wood and those leaves would be happy to wait another week before you move them.... Wink We have a dumptruck load of firewood that needs to be stacked. I hope to get the neighbor kid to do it. Every time I move a load of wood, I end up with tennis elbow for months. Better to pay the kid.

CB
It's good your knee injection worked out better! wavy I see that SUNNY's birthday is tomorrow. If you talk to her, please wish her a happy one. Have you heard anything about her operation?

I re-bedded the entire barn this morning. I should be outside mowing leaves to death, but have been reading a book while ThunderPuff enjoys a Puff nap on my lap. I love Puff naps, so have been reading longer than I would have normally during daylight hours.

There are lots of brush fires going on, the closest to us that I know about was 10miles away as the crow flies. Regionally, they are all over the southeast. We could use some rain.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 pm

CB, does you knee feel better now?

Those Thunderpuff naps would be a good thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Ark, I sent her email Addy and her snail. Her number is 8632421528 to text her. I know she would like to hear from everyone. Addy is on page 2. She said she was off the iv pain meds and on pills now, so I guess she is doing ok?

Knee is doing better, sugars are too.....maybe I shall live awhile yet, lol.

Hubby and I woke up this morning, blue skues, sunshine....had breakfast and fell back asleep, slept to noon! Wow! We don't ever do that.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 am

Happy birthday sunny Dawn! Text her, she's awake, needs some foops hugs and hums.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 9:53 am

SUNNY, belated happy birthday! Hope you're back up soon.........

We're having cooler nights here so horses are fuzzy. I up their evening hay.........I'm sure their pasture grass is decreasing in nutrition, also. They're happy boys, and I get such pleasure from watching them. I ride gen about 3-4 X a week but certainly not in the mountains too much anymore. Now that both boys are
used to the new trailer I'll head out more often. The difference now is the low mountain trails are crowded. In the old years you felt you were really "out there" but now it's almost like a city park. Most are showing up as I am finishing..........LOL We still have great riding up north.

Everone have a great day. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am

Dawn, I hope you will soon be feeling a lot better and more able to get around comfortably.

Hooray! It's haircut day! It's been 3 1/2 months and boy do I need it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 1:57 pm

GM, can u share where those good trails r, is there camping?
Getting rocky shoes redone....sitting here in the sunshinene, nice breeze.

Guess dawn will be going to rehab facility for short time. I think that might benefit her.
Joey won top tsgt award out of 123 yesterday for leadership academy. Jessi goes for 6 weeks in february to same class. We watched the baby, had fun.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 10:07 pm

CB, N AZ has many trails........if you get the U S Nat'l forest maps they are explicit and list those w campgrounds and what or if they have any facilities.....You can get them online & print them or send for them from........U S Forest Service. So, have you found your horse yet? Get ready to spend big bucks traveling.....it's off my radar now. It's all in my memory bank.

Holy cow..........(no pun CB) Thanksgiving is next Thursday......where has the year gone? I need to get a turkey.

I organized space out back for my shavings to be delivered tomorrow. Tired. Also wiped out spider webs in the feed shed area. Horses are still just too much fun to take care of.....keeps me moving, for sure. All 3 boys supervised. Einstein (Rex),
Eli & Isaiah. They're just always right there.........almost lie flies sometimes. LOL

Well, need to cook our dinner. Salad is already done.

Later gators..................

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 11:27 pm

Yippee! Today was haircut day. Drove down to cousin's, went to lunch with her, then to get the hair done and had a good visit with hair stylist. Her son got married recently, so she had pictures to show us. With much less hair, I headed for home and got here just as it got dark. It was a very good day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 9:33 am

ELLEN
Congrats on new hairdo! Laughing I should get mine cut, it has been 1 1/2 years since I cut it off short and it is as long as it was before. If I can't do anything else, I can grow scraggly hair fast! lol!

GRAYMARE
Where do you get shavings? Is there a sawmill or do you buy bags? I have been getting pelleted sawdust for the past few years, but while convenient, it is not cheap. Our local sawmill has sawdust, but it is wet and has bark in it that makes it brown. I spend more on bedding than I do on feed.

Last nice day today. Mid-70s !! The cold front and wind come thru here tomorrow, then low 40s for highs by Sunday. We will freeze our hineys off after this nice weather. Time to hook up the heated water buckets. That's the last winterizing I need to do for the barn. Even the barncats have their 'doghouse' in the feedroom all snug with a heating pad to keep them warm.

Lori is coming this afternoon for lessons. Good day for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 11:31 am

When we lived in pa had to watch shavings that there were no red maple.or black cherry mixed in.
Out west, those trees r far and few between.

When we were in KY with 4H, the race barns were bedded with very clean fluffed straw. Each horse had own stall cleaner and groom....wouldn't that be nice....

Cool here today....cold front is here. Enjoy ur ride today.
Ellen, yay on the haircut ....I'm not that brave....

GM, traveling won't be cheap but if we don't do it now, may never get to. Which is ur favorite trail?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Dawns insurance wouldn't pay for rehab, not even short term. I don't understand why the insurance will pay for surgery and not rehab or pt to get her going again. In the right direction. She is home.

Dang insurance companies. I hope there will be.some changes for the better.

I have to wait til Jan 4th to get into a rheumatologist here, but that's better than 8 months in missouri, so aintagonnabeeetch too loudly.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Tell Dawn to do her own PT and move...............glad she is O K.
Hoping for the best for her.

I actually get grindings, 15 yards, in a big dump truck. It's dry and smells wonderful. Huge load will last a year here........pine.

CB, that is so hard to say...............wow. I've ridden so many, hard to choose one. Above Mund's park is nice and not rough. (near Flagstaff) Some are way to rough for unfit horses and people. Also, remember many are above 8000 ft........Like Idaho probably. I can't keep my horses legged up enough for those rides. TX has good riding, too....softer ground etc, not high, not rocky. California has nice riding, too............and Colorado............heavens, all states have good riding. Are you hauling clear to Alaska? Boy, the Yukon sure looked like it had good riding. I'm just now knowing the open road hauling is plain too much work. It wouldn't be fun for me anymore. I was blessed to do it and really rode all over the U S.............

Have fun in your lesson ARK...........

God bless, prayers for ALL...............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:20 pm

GM, no the horses will stay in idaho while we tour alaska. We had horses.while we lived there so did some riding for a few years there. But they will go cross country with us this time. Who knows about the next journey. I have found a mare I like, but am still looking.

I like the pine shavings, not the cedar tho.

Dawn told me the dr. Didn't want her doing anything until her checkup. I thought they would have her walking at least, but she said her legs r too weak. ?.
I don't know, cept anytime I had surgery they never let me alone, it was up and move....move some more. I always had to be walking so far before I was discharged, so I'm worried as to what is happening. Hope all goes well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   November 2016 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2016
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next