Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2018

Go down 
+5
cb
Rick Angell
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

October 2018 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:04 pm

It was rather cold here this morning, 36°, but warmed into the low 50s with some sunshine. There were quite a few boats and pontoons out cruising around or fishing. Some more people pulled boats out at the ramp across the lake.

I'm getting some sewing done that I want to finish early this week. Making progress on it.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 pm

The rain was so bad here, they closed down the state fair.............
a first for sure. The flooding was/is everywhere. Right in our neighborhood
there is a broken water pipe. The city is in the process of fixing it.
Meanwhile, our water is turned off. Ironically funny...........

I hope you could still ride today, ARK.

Hang in there.............it will be sunny tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:31 pm

We had a lot of rain here at camp also. We got to get our truck...was so surprised they had it done. Yay! Had lunch in Hatch NM. They grow hatch peppers there and every store...gift shop...junk shop had bundles of peppers hanging. Never saw that before in my travels. Lots of pottery items too...love the vibrant colors.
The park people said they dont get much rain here....hah! We have gotten more here than idaho.
Hoping i get my oomph back....the shot i got knocked my body into a tailspin....ugh. But am finally feeling better after a week....but still have the uti but am afraid to go back to that doctor.....
Hows everyone?
Nancylee hows the riding going. Im so envious.
Rose...ho
ws your weather...r u riding?
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Hurricane/Tropical Storm Florence!   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Ok, someone please advise Mother Nature that many of us are more than ready and anxious for hurricane/tropical storm season to be done for this year.  Lots and lots of rain from both Florence and Michael (still flooded areas from Florence and then Michael on top of it).  I got wicked wind and rain from Florence, then more from Michael. Embarassed Thankfully I am not in a flooded zone, but plenty around me.  I feel so bad for the Conway area and all around the Waccamaw River.
NancyLee, so delighted you are getting to ride and hope you can find a part board at a more trail riding barn, soonest.
Ark, Good news for Daisy and good luck for Aerion's weight loss routine!  Hope you get some more good riding weather, w/o rain.  Good news on the hay supply and wood.  Hope Donnies knee gets fixed soon.
Ellen, nope, I have not seen the races lately, been super busy.  So happy for Chase though.
Rick, good grief, sure hope you can get this medical procedure and fix done very soon, I will sure include you in my prayers.
CB, geez, you sure are not having much luck with your traveling plans, with your medical problems, car AND truck difficulties.  Hope everything gets fixed pretty quick!
Trudy, I've shared some of your weather and want no more,  The Satan woman needs to disappear from your life.  Love your Pastor and his thoughts.  Really strange/eerie that the long-lost friend suddenly appeared with the "message".  Take care please.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:41 pm

GM, geez, sure didn't intend to share all our stormy weather with AZ, it is even more treacherous for AZ than for us. Hope all is better now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Hope that link shows a Ford truck and a 3 horse gn trailer. Someone please let me know, It is both Robin and my dream rig. The trailer has a small weekender package and it's a 2012 Featherlight. The truck was my choice for a trailer hookup for a long, long time. Robin's 50th Birthday was October 11th, so her best BD ever I think, well the rig AND her precious Haffie Bud!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Wow, Rose!  What a nice rig!  I hope you both gets lots of fun out of it.  

This afternoon, I'm watching an FEI open jumping competition from Old Salem Farm in New York.  It is so nice to see that the familiar favorites are still riding.  Margie Engles, Leslie Howard, McClain Ward, Beezie Madden.  None of them are exactly spring chicks.
Molly Ashe was riding, who I knew when she was a strong little kid riding tough ponies.  There are some younger U.S. riders that are really good, too.
It's a beautiful course.  I love the big wide open grass courses.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks for letting me know the link worked Ellen! Found out today that an electric jack is the next on the list, it really took Robin and Lori both to jack the trailer off the gn. I sure don't have the muscles those 2 have. Would still be attached to the truck if it dpended on me! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Really nice rig, ROSE. Many good rides for you ahead..................

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Many thanks GM. It's been a dream of Robin's, I had all the camping I ever wanted or needed while in the Amy! I did want a 3 horse trailer though!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:24 am

ROSE:
That is a LOVELY rig! I hope you get lots of good trail riding done with it! I hope the hurricanes call it quits for the rest of the year. We didn't get anything like you, but those in low lying areas did get a fair amount of flooding. We are on a ridge, thank goodness.

GRAYMARE:
It rained off and on all day, a cold drizzly kind of rain. No ride for me. The horses stayed in the barn until late in the afternoon. I don't know where this weather system came from, I didn't see anything mentioned about it on Saturday. So we are going to try next weekend for a trail ride at Pandapas.

CB:
It seems the entire country is raining this weekend. I hope you get well soon!

ELLEN:
We haven't been below 45 at night yet, but I think it won't be long. Fall seems to have fallen on us. The rain and wind have taken a lot of leaves off, but nothing has turned colors here yet.

NANCY LEE:
The other stable sounds pretty good, especially if it is near your brother and you can take your mom there. I hope it works out.

TRUDY:
Do those giant mosquitoes bite or are they the kind that just look like they could suck out all your blood at once? Our stink bug problem that has been terrible for the past 5 years or so seems to be less this year. We had hundreds of them getting in over the fall and winter, each and every one would freak me out. I spent a lot of time freaked out. Donnie found where they were getting into our house and we've barely seen any this year. The last microwave oven vent was installed without a screen (by a carpenter) and the stink bugs were just waltzing right in thru it. When Donnie installed the new microwave oven, he fixed the problem. Thank
goodness. My nerves are so much better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am

ROSE:  WOW great rig, you & Robin are going to have fun times with your horses and rig.  I am being very careful with the crazy lady I haven't seen her in church since the episode. Jesus has me covered with the prayers of many and the angels here on earth that surround me. On my birthday our lead Pastor gave me a beautiful scarf that says "be not afraid", just one more sign that it will be OK. I bought a new necklace that says "Not Today Satan", I'll be wearing it every day.

ARK:  I didn't give the huge mosquito a chance to get close to me to find out if it would bite or not.  It was almost as large as my hand and I'm not kidding.  We had a stink bug issue this year too, they have been everywhere.

CB:  Hope you are feeling better.

GRAYMARE:  It's cold here this morning and raining AGAIN.  UUGGHHHH

Rick came out and went up on the roof and screwed down the panels yesterday.  Right when he was coming down, Archie's phone rang and it made a noise like "auuughhhhh" someone falling.  Karen and I about had a heart attack, we thought Rick was falling off the roof.  Archie looked at us like we had lost our minds.  Why do men have stupid cell phone rings.  

Off to the VA clinic to take a WW11 Veteran to get his hearing aids this morning.  Penny is 93 and still has a garden and lives alone.  He is quite a old fellow, not much slows him down.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 11:17 am

We need to pray for the mass destruction in our country............between fires and floods and tornados, it's very apparent many lost everything. I can't really do anything, just my little part.
We all can do something.........please try to help in your own way.

Have a good day everyone. Prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 pm

62 and raining here............We've had more rain this month than any October
in history. Ha, horses still eating away with no problem............

Hope everyone is well & happy..............

God bless. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Today was a beautiful fall day, mid 50s and sunny. Too windy to do anything with leaves. The boat traffic is greatly reduced, although a few die hards are still fishing.

There isn't very much going on around here right now.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 pm

WARNING!!

Snoop is my Facebook adviser, because I don't know much about it. He just cautioned me about allowing friending from Hormel Corp., because it could be Spam ... and THAT, dear FOOPS is the unvarnished truth!!

Bye, YA'LL ROFL lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Sunny, cool, & clear...............YAHOO.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 am

It's cool here alright. 30° this morning. The lake water isn't that cold, so there is a nice dense fog on the lake.
Fog comes in on little cat feet.
Sits looking over harbor and city
on quiet haunches,
And then moves on.
Carl Sandburg
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 am

Park owners says it doesnt rain much here....its rained more days than sunshine. My body is not happy with this damp and colder weather. I hope it changes soon. I can do cold less humidity better. Its low 40s at night but feels so damp it eats thru me. Makes it seem colder. Hoping they are right about it being these hurricanes and tropical depressions and will get better. We are suppose to be here until march 1st.
At least the tv works am thankful for that and the dogs are content to lay around and sleep...but yoshi the young bulldog knows when its not raining and bugs Harry to go to the dog park! Yesterday they made a trip to park inbetween rain but they got soaked on way back. Its a 2 minute bike ride! Teddy my pup says under the blanket is fine and odie is in his comfy dog bed....thinking yoshi is an idiot...which he is. He still acts like a pup. Only good thing is he got out of the chewing stage. He gets to jumpin around wanting to go to the park his 110 lbs makes the camper rock around big time!
Havnt done much sightseeing with this weather.
Hope everyone has their costumes picked out for halloween.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey, RICKSTER. Facebook has a real spam problem and it's not from Hormel.............just saw is again on the news.

Clear, cool, & sunny again today..................

Hope all are well...........God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 3:22 pm

I don't think Facebook is very trustworthy. They've had a lot of problems. Are they using Snoop as their main consultant?

Today, 7 of the neighbors went to a local fish place for lunch. One couple will be heading to Florida in the next couple of weeks and we wanted to get together before they leave.
Pirkko and Ron were there and had a good time. We shared some gossips and some laughs, and ate fish.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Well.  That was interesting.  We lost power yesterday afternoon a little after 1:30, and didn't get it back until almost 11 this morning.  For the last 3 or 4 years, there has been a HUGE dead tree standing on a hill near an intersection about half a mile from here.  We've all been saying that tree needed to come down before it fell.  It finally happened.  A huge limb that is the size of a tree itself, fell across the wires, took out a pole, and landed on a car with two people in it, a man and a woman.  She is pregnant.  My 4-doors down neighbor just happened to see the whole thing.  He is a retired fire chief, so he knew what to do to get the people out of the car safely.  The limb landed just in front of the windshield causing the airbags to deploy and the windshield to break.  The people only had some small cuts from the glass, and were otherwise unhurt.  Their car is probably totaled.  
I turned on my gas fireplace soon after the power went off, and the house stayed really warm - too warm.  I was grateful to have it.
This morning, I hauled a bucket of water up the hill from the lake to have for flushing the toilet.  I charged the phone in the car a couple of times.  So, other than being a little bored, everything was okay.  The neighbors are all okay too.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Wow, ELLEN, lucky you had trees cut down that could fall on your house................and, really the people in the car
weren't hurt. Just one of God's miracles.................

God bless...........prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Graymare, I saw a picture of the car. If it had gone one foot farther, it would have been a whole different story. The limb probably landed on the strongest part of the body frame, and was still bent down. There were wires down on the car, so it was good that the retired fire chief was the one on the scene.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 11:31 pm

So thankful the couple wasnt hurt...kudos to the retired fire chief.
We went to gila cliff dwellings on saturday. That was a hike....last part was up hill fourth mile of steps in the stone...to see the dwellings of remarkabke workmanship for the times. What a beautiful hike crossing a stream on foot bridges a dozen times. The road that we took to get there was scary winding twisted ups and downs as we were 8000 feet....no guardrails. We found a much nicer road out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2018
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: