Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2018

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Graymare

November 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 am

Good grief! November is over. Where does time go?

Woke up to light rain today.................snow in the high country. Horses are munching............
I'm drinking hot coffee w cream & sugar. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Everyone have a great day. That's an order. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Glad you are home Rick. Did snoop give the nurses a hard time? Lol. Niw behave yourself and get well.

Went bowling yesterday....fun....but im lousy. Bunch of old fogies from rv park went. Lots of laffs. One gal fell face first when she couldnt let go of her ball....shes ok...jyst sore. She slid into the alley....

Going to xmas in the hills tomorrow. Hubby got a 200 cc mini dirt bike to play in in the sand...his early xmas present. He asked me what iwanted and i told him a motorhome lol! Rolling Eyes he just looked at ne like i had horns or something....really would like a camoer with bigger living area....dreaming....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Aye, Aye, Ma'am! I will obey that order to have a good day. Smile

The temperature is a little bit warmer this morning, so there is dense fog. At 11:00, I can just barely start seeing the outline of the other side of the lake.

I think I'll start making and freezing some Christmas cookies. I haven't done that for several years. While I'm not really a fan, I did watch a little bit of the Christmas Cookie Challenge on the Food Network. Wow! Some of those people do fantastic things with cookies. Most of them are professionals, so it isn't like they are home kitchen cooks.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 3:49 pm

CB, have you heard from your Alaska kids since the earthquake this morning?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Just heard...they are fine. They are near fairbanks. Anchorage got most of damage.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Glad to hear they are okay. I was thinking they were near Fairbanks, but wasn't sure if they got any of the shaking.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 pm

RICK:
Glad you are at home. Now Carol will take good care of you and you will get well SOON!!! hug

CB:
I am glad to hear your family in Alaska is okay. The videos coming out of there are scary. I haven't heard if anyone was hurt, but surely someone was. That video of the car marooned on a concrete island in the demolished road is really something....

GRAYMARE:
It has been very cold here this week with windchills in the low teens, and is going to be about 70 degrees on Sunday. Then after a nice day like that, the temps are going back down again next week.....sigh....It rains every weekend, of course. Rolling Eyes Our horses are fuzzy eating machines, except for Areion. She has inherited Kazi's winter hair, which looks much like her summer hair. She does have that nice layer of fat to keep her warm, though. Very Happy

ELLEN:
What a good idea, baking Christmas cookies and freezing them. santa rendeer I rarely am that organized! Laughing Did you get your tree done yet?

I have been Christmas shopping on Amazon. What did we do before they came about? I am almost done with shopping, but am going to make my local riding friend a fly whisk for scaring off horseflies. I have tail hair from my horses that died and will make the fly whisk out of a piece of Kazi's tail. She wrote a book several years ago and used Kazi as one of the horse characters. Kazi's photo is in the book. My friend talked about wanting a fly whisk, but hasn't bought one.

December is tomorrow! Wow, November went by fast!

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 12:01 am

My tree is nearly done.  I got a little delayed since I was staying with the girls a little extra this week.  All the lights are on, and many of the ornaments.  I should get it done tomorrow.  I will bore you with a picture when it's done, and the area around it is cleaned up.  Getting all the ornaments out of the storage room makes a mess in the house.

Your friend will love that fly whisk. It will be a very special gift.

The fog came back this evening.  I can just barely see a few lights across the lake.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 4:18 pm

ELLEN:
I look forward to your tree pix! We have been lazy the last couple of years and just used a little pre-lit tree. The cats have missed the big tree, they love climbing it. Very Happy

Time to change the calendar! Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t87-december-2018#11161

Or to Basket and then click on December 2018. The year is zooming by.....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2018
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5