Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2018

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

November 2018 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe in your travels and dont eat too much!....ahhww heck...go ahead!

Enjoy!

We are having a huge group of campers at the event center...here at the rv park. Huge building...half is the event center with full kitchen..restrooms and then go into entryway thru another door and swimming pool...hot tub for 12 and exercise room and showers\restroom. Has an outside patio with a fire pit also.
Anyway everyo e signed up on a sheet of paper what they were bringing. The park is supplying the turkeys and gravy.
We will see how it goes.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:07 am

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE.

Have a blessed holiday with family & friends. Try not to eat too much..awwww CB is right what the heck, chow down.

I'm going to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and drool over all the parade horse groups.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:39 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:28 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

ARK, I see Peas & Carrots are at V Tech...............wish them a happy pardon for me.

Everyone have a happy day. Like you TRUDY, I'm going to watch the Macy's day parade
and eat a lot. Our actual family meal is Saturday but we're headed for some friends later.

hug hug hug

God bless each and every one of you.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!

November 2018 - Page 4 46501710
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 3:15 pm

I hope everyone is having a great day today! wavy

We decided to not bake a turkey this year, so we are going to have all the usual Thanksgiving side dishes with meatloaf.... Drool    I baked a chicken a few days ago and we didn't want to have a ton of turkey to deal with as leftovers.

TRUDY:
 I never heard of purse bingo.  I am like ELLEN:  I use a purse until it falls apart.  I have two purses that are getting pretty ratty, but they were given to me and have horses on them.   I mostly use a tiny hand sized purse that will hold money, cards and a chapstick.  If I have a big purse, I fill it up and it weighs a ton.
 AND!  I am cheap.  I would never spend so much on a purse when it could buy a saddle or something Laughing  .

CB:
Darn, I missed the Macy's parade again.  Did they fly the balloons?  I heard the wind might be too strong.  

GRAYMARE:
 I need to get over to Va Tech and see those turkeys.  They have been taking on the pardoned turkeys for awhile.  I heard they don't live a long time, though, they are genetically designed to grow too big to live long.  I'll try to get over there and post pix... Very Happy
 Speaking of the poultry department at Va Tech,  about 21 years ago while still living in Grayson County, I had some chickens get a weird disease that was killing them.  We lived in the woods and apparently the chickens caught a disease from wild birds that caused a yellow growth on their beaks and eventually they died of starvation from not being able to eat.   I called up the poultry department at Va Tech and asked to bring in a favorite rooster with the condition forming.  They told me to bring him and the rooster and I traveled a couple of hours to get there.  The vet in charge took the rooster and ran lots of tests on him, spent an hour figuring out what was wrong and told me what to do to cure it and prevent it from getting my peacocks and other chickens.   When I asked how much I owed him, he said not a penny!  Wow.  Truly our tax dollars at work! The rooster lived another 5 years.  I really appreciated that vet!  ClappingHands That rooster was worth next to nothing and that vet treated him like he was worth a million. So nice.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Yesterday was 5 hours of driving, 4 hours of visiting with cousins, and1 hour of eating. The sun was shining (and today). It was a good day.

Ark, I always love hearing stories of people who go above and beyond and expect nothing back. That vet understood the value of the rooster to you.

Before Thanksgiving, I bought a turkey breast that I'm going to put in the fryer. That will make some really good sandwiches with homemade bread which is currently rising. I wuv my stand mixer.

A few days ago I started noticing I was not getting any e-mails. I thought there were settings or something causing the problem. I should have called Mediacom (aka as Mediacrumb) a few days ago. They are having a problem with their server. No idea how long it's going to take them to get the mess cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanksgiving was a success. We had enuf food to feed a 100 more people and so many yummy desserts. Hubby filled his plate and i just had a bite of each tasty dessert.

The event center was packed....ate and visited with some new campers....a fun afternoon.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.
Jessi had several airmen over for dinner and Harper thought they should all be her playmates for the day....lol.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Sounds like lots of good eating got done yesterday. We enjoyed our meatloaf Laughing .

Speaking of Peas and Carrots, the pardoned turkeys....Here is a link to the story on the local tv station about them being housed at Va Tech:

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Pardoned-turkeys-settle-501038421.html?fbclid=IwAR3CanrSyycxXveCPLfcENwk_Qen7ULQyfNuWPMPQIj0_w4CDUNhlii_cCQ

Virginia Tech's mascot is the Hokey Bird, who looks like a turkey.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 pm

My surgery was OK on Tuesday morning, but the “recovery” is not going as well as we hoped for. I haven’t seen doc yet today, but I’m expecting to be held over for yet another night.

These nurses have about got me spoiled with their care ... do I really want to leave?? LOL!!

I obviously did not bring my computer and can’t find the link on my phone. I think it got lost when I got a battery change back in October. (I posted this for RICK....Ark)

Carol brought me enough “left overs” to make a couple meals ... gonna get heavy if I’m not careful. THIS hospital has good “hospital food” and I can’t complain.

Take care and stay warm ...

My love to all ... Rick
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Here's a family mess. This is my friend, she's always been bossy. Her daughter & SIL and two kids got the flu.
They were supposed to go to SanDiego for Thanksgiving to their other grandma's.
but they were too sick to go. So Mom decides to take over. So, now her daughter won't speak to her
and wants to move to San Diego.............Mom called me about an hr ago. Gads. I finally told her she
had to stay out of her daughter's business and she got mad. Oh well. Fortunately, we hung up on a good note
but thin ice. I'm too honest, I guess, but I called it as I saw it. Gently. But I couldn't believe her playing the victim.
I'm getting too old for those that "don't own up"..................

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Some moms just can't/won't take no for an answer. It hardly ever works out well for them. Chances are, she's been treating her daughter like that all her life. I decided that as we get older, we are who we've always been, just more so.

Rick, I hope they get you fixed up to go home SOON, and better yet, that they have solved the problem.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:10 pm

RICK, I hope your recovery runs smoothly and you're good as new before long..............

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Rick...feel lots better quickly- last few times hubby was in hospital the food was really good. Hospital kitchens are coming up in the world!

Played cornhole and talked with other campers then took dogs to dog park. Made stuffing...potatoes....gravy with chicken for tonight. I love thanksgiving leftovers.
We have been drinking our veggie and fruit...v8 is great.

Big craft show tomorrow so its go to bed early...get there early. Sides my back is really giving me fitts-! Dont know what i did.

Sweet dreams yall.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 am

GRAYMARE:  Families...uuughhhhhh they can drive ya nuts if you allow it to happen.  Glad you and your friend made up.

RICK:  Prayers for a quick healing and exit from the hospital.

We had a double birthday dinner for 2 of the Barnabas ladies (one is the lady that pitched the fit at Trunk or Treat), she actually apologized for acting out and said she knows she has issues she needs to work on.  We were not going to invited her but changed our minds.  It went well and all hurt feelings have now been healed between the ladies, with a little love and one little girl (Bailee) who called her out.

My new saying is "do what is right, not what is easy."  Saw it on a classroom wall at Meadowbrook School.  Applied it to the Barnabas ladies when we were planning the birthday dinner.  

I missed most of the Macy's parade (thank goodness) all I saw was washed up singers, lip singing their songs and marching bands, NOT one horse anywhere.

I'm a cheap purse girl too, $79 on sale with additional 30% off and a $10 coupon.  Don't give a hoot about those expensive purses or shoes.  Probably still too much for a stupid purse.  I like Stone Mountain, they are made well and last for years.  No time to change purses with every outfit.

Today we are off to Thanksgiving dinner at our friends.  They can't have it on Thanksgiving cause their daughter has to go to her husbands parents every holiday.  Who cares?  It's just a date on the calendar. Choose another date and celebrate together. I made 2 pumpkin pies for dessert. YUMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Call me Frustrated! My e-mail hasn't been working for most of a week. I called my carrier to ask what to do about it and found that everybody with mchsi.com e-mail is having a problem. That is probably a couple million people. I spoke with a very nice guy who was quite determined to find out what was going on, and we talked for most of a half hour. So far, nothing has changed.
I do not want to have to use my gmail account, but I might have to make that change. Google likes to 'read' your e-mails and use them to target ads. They're too nosy.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 am

RICK:
 Hope you are home and recovering nicely! hug   I don't know about the hospital food.  I was so darn sick when I was there for 18 days, nothing tasted good.  After they figured out what I was sick with, they stopped giving me decent food and I existed on jello and other sweet kinds of food.  I did not have a good food experience.  I couldn't look jello in the face for a very long time.

Looks like we are mostly agreed about purses ROFL .

I rode Ivan for about a half hour today while Donnie trimmed Trinket's tiny little hoofies.  She is doing very well these days, I love watching her run.  She is a riot.  Very Happy    Ivan was good.  The weather was the best for the week and no one wanted to go to Pandapas Pond, so I rode at home.  I think everyone is still recovering from their Thanksgiving foodfest.  Very Happy  

ThunderPuff has been posing for pix this weekend.  In this one he seems to say "Would you just hurry and get out of my face?"  Rolling Eyes

November 2018 - Page 4 Beauti10
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

ThunderPuff is a gorgeous cat! Does he spend all day cleaning himself?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 11:54 am

He is gorgeous..............Does he leave white hair everywhere?

I love the old woman................we are pretty funny.

ELLEN, are you in the storm? It looks awful where you are. My brothers are both in it and they
live 50 or so miles from one another. Anyhow, I'm sure your tree brightens things up.

It was 38 this morning...............brrrrrrrrr. Fed and came right in for coffee. And I do realize 38 isn't cold
compared to you guys, but I'm older now and just run out and back in. I wait til it's above 50 to
do work. We have above average temps in the day...........about 70. 60's next week.

I'm buying nothing for cyber Monday.........checking my bank twice a day now. I have a lock through my bank
that I can lock my account if I notice anything "funny". So far, my deliveries have all been on time and
I grab them up at the time they arrive.

Everyone have a great day.................. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm

I HOPE I’m here ... using my phone.

Thanks for the well wishes. I’m waiting (11:45 am, Monday) for my doc or his PA to come by.

Due to difficulties I’ve had thus far from Tuesday surgery, it really would make me happier to stay a full extra day w/o any issues. The holiday/weekend doc was making speculative noise last nite that I might be discharged today by my “regular” doc or his PA. We’ll see...??

As far as I’m concerned, I’ll just say I’m really getting discouraged and I’m slready “tired” with this.

The nursing care I’ve received has been SUPERB...they have about spoiled me with kindness.

It really bothers me that the decision for this was made in mid September and finally got biopsy done October 25 with surgery “scheduled” for December 5. This, I gave up and my family doc got this set up and I had to wait just a little bit more than a week. I can’t help but wonder if I’d have had this much trouble IF things had been done in Sept. when decision was first made.

Love you FOOPS ... Rick
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 3:46 pm

One thing, Rick you'd be home and well by now..................I'm amazed at the time wasted to get things done.
At least you're on your way now. Good to read you're doing well.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Rick...medical care sucks sometimes. Sorry you had to wait. Sometimes ive had to wait 3 months to see a specialust. Aggravating and scary waiting.

We went exploring up a huge sand wash yesterday on ralph...looking for gemstones....but found pretty rocks and rock formations. Spent the afternoon on ralph...utv. At keast we can still get out and enjoy trails. I even drive ralph while hubby walked around looking. Then drive all the way back to camp. Neighbor camper wanted to go for a ride so i took her out for an hour. She really enjoyed it.
Its next best thing to being on horses. I miss riding. Ive been looking for trails going up east coast and it looks like we have more in the west. Dies anyone know of any good utv trails.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm

ELLEN:
I don't see ThunderPuff cleaning himself any more than my short haired, non-white cats. Dirt just doesn't seem to stick to him much Laughing . Wish I could say the same for my going-white horses. Donnie combs ThunderPuff a few times a week to check for fleas and keep mats from forming, but we have never given him a bath. (Have I mentioned that Donnie is a 'cat daddy'? Laughing He LOVES our cats! Thank goodness....)

GRAYMARE:
Yep, he leaves white hair everywhere. That is the downside to T-Puff. Between him and our collie, Shadow, we could build new cats and dogs regularly from the hair they leave. I have been eyeing those iRobot Roombas, but am not sure they would work with long hair. One can dream..... Very Happy I am not the best at getting the hair up quickly.

RICK:
Well darn, I thought you were already at home. Thank goodness for your phone so you can keep in touch! I will send happy and healing thoughts your way that you recover quickly.

CB:
I don't know about UTV trails around here. I have heard there is a nice trail system a few counties to the west of us for them. Donnie's nephew goes there a lot.

It is still warmish here today, about 50 degrees. But yesterday's sunshine and lack of wind are gone. The temps are going to come down this evening. Donnie and I watched a lot of "Downton Abbey" over the holiday. We didn't go anywhere since last Wednesday except the grocery store yesterday. Donnie's knee has been bothering him a lot and the down time helped. We had quite a list of chores to do over the holiday and only got Trinket's feet trimmed. Oh, well. Chores tend to wait for you. Donnie finally chose a knee surgeon and is waiting for our doctor to refer him. I think he is finally ready to do something about it.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Rick, are you home yet?

Well, it's been in interesting couple of days trying to work with my internet company.  It seems that Mediacom (aka Mediacrumb) has decided to transition from .com e-mail addresses to .net.  Did they bother to tell any customers that was going to happen or already was?  Nope.  Did they already start making the change with no information to customers?  Nope.  Did they tell their customer service people what to tell customers?  You guessed it.  
If I had any other options for high speed internet, they would be gone from my house.  Even the TV service isn't as reliable as DirecTV was.  I guess the old saying prevails.  You get what you pay for.
I now have 3 different e-mail addresses and between 1 and 3 of them work.  I also have a gmail account and a Hotmail account, both unused.  My whole home system is still screwed up and I don't know how to fix it since I am not fluent in computerese, and can't find anybody who is who will come to my house to clean up the mess.

Please note that my new e-mail address is:  Ellen.Clark@mediacombb.net  

Okay.  I'm done complaining now.  I am thankful for having a warm house and plenty of food, and a good car, and good neighbors.  
There.  That's better.

Ark, I know two people who have the Roombas and love them. One of them has a Basset Hound and a pet pig, named Munch. They really love not having to clean up dog and pig hair.
The pig is house broken and does his thing outside, like a dog. He sort of thinks he is a dog, and when people are around and eating, he walks around just like the dog, begging for bites and wagging his tail - just like the dog. He is crate trained, just like the dog. Having said all those nice things, I'm still not too interested in having a pig for a pet.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 7:32 pm

Home today at 4:30 PM Tuesday … ONE week and 8 hours after checking in. I had the BEST of care one could possibly ask for during my hospital experience.

I get to be lethargic and lazy for the next several weeks.

Thanks for the Foop Version of hums and prayers … meant a lot. Also good to be able to use computer.

Love to all … Rick
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 am

Good grief! November is over. Where does time go?

Woke up to light rain today.................snow in the high country. Horses are munching............
I'm drinking hot coffee w cream & sugar. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Everyone have a great day. That's an order. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   November 2018 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2018
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next