Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DECEMBER 2018

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Please everyone....if you remember Ol Man....gene...send a card this christmas. His wife passed last year 2017....and his son says gene is having a tough go. Let him know we are thinking of him. Hes not on cimputer anymore.
Gene Ramey
2739 Rariden Hill
Mitchell IN

Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Please everyone....if you remember Ol Man....gene...send a card this christmas. His wife passed last year 2017....and his son says gene is having a tough go. Let him know we are thinking of him. Hes not on cimputer anymore.
Gene Ramey
2739 Rariden Hill
Mitchell IN

Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

CB, I'm glad you are staying in touch with Gene. Virginia was a really nice lady, and I'm sorry for his loss.

This morning, I decided to make a run to Shipshewana to get a few things I need for my little get-together on Friday. There are times that I think the Amish have the right idea. But, this morning it was in the high 20s. It's Monday, so there was a lot of freshly hand scrubbed laundry hanging out on the clotheslines. I can't imagine how cold those hands must get as they hang those things on the line.
I'll openly admit to being a wimp, and keep my automatic washer and dryer.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:36 pm

CB, it's funny you mentioned Gene................I've thought of him and written for the last two Christmas's,
I think. I never heard from him and I always wondered what happened. In those years, I heard from him often via computer, not on the board. He loved my horse antics with my friends. He was always a great spirit and I'm
so sorry he lost Virginia.............He won't fare well without her I'm afraid. Anyhow, thanks for reminding me
of his whereabouts. I'll definitely get a card off.

No news here today...............cloudy and grim. The bright blue sky got sucked up by gremlins.

Everyone have a great afternoon..................prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 pm

LOL. Weather said "no rain"..............I fed the horses outside and it's pouring.
So, I'll get right to it. Good grief................I should have put them in in the first place.
Now that I'm old, it's a pain to go back out. Once I get going, I'm fine & dandy. In fact, it feels good.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 pm

I got the horses in and happily eating another dose of hay..........it stopped raining...............
Life is a trick, for sure............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 pm

As I drove to and from Shipshewana today, I noticed that some horses were blanketed and some were not. The ones blanketed appeared to be the buggy horses, for the most part. The draft horses were not. They were pretty woolly too. There were quite a few driving horses, trotting along the roads, working for a living. Most of the buggies were enclosed.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 am

CB:  Thanks for reminding us to send Gene a card.  I'll get one out today.  You life on the edge is way to exciting for this old girl.  I was holding my breath for ya as you described that road.  YIKES...Prayer for your doggie.

Nothing that exciting here.  Thank God.  All ready for the big Christmas celebration.  All packages are wrapped and ready to deliver.

The weather is crazy, more rain and now WIND.  Woke me up around 3 just howling outside.  It's supposed to be up in the high 40's this week.  I'l take it and smile.

Off to a little Christmas party this morning at one of the Barnabas team members apartment.  I'm taking the coffee and a few Lady Locks and presents for everyone.  I love these ladies, they are the best most dedicated team members and deserve a gift for all their hard work over the last year. And they are the crazy fun old girls, especially Lynn, she is our wild child of the group.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 pm

I just saw two candidates for the Darwin award. There is a little bit of open water on the other side of the lake. Two people in kayaks had decided they would try to break through the ice with their boats. They didn't get very far. The ice is two or three inches thick. Had they made a mistake and turned over, it would have been terrible. This is not a good time to go kayaking.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Oh brother............there really are more horses as sea than horses.............

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 pm

I love that picture at the top of the page. Just beautiful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 3:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Virginia Ramey.  I hope Gene is doing okay.  A few years ago I ran across some ball caps that said "Ramey" on them from a car dealership of that name.  I sent Gene a couple of them, but never heard back from him.  I hope he liked them.   He's a good guy....

If it isn't a snowstorm, it's a rain storm.  We are having the wettest year on record.  We are going to get  one to two inches of rain over the next 36 hours.  Yippee.  Rolling Eyes  Our horseback Christmas caroling has been cancelled for this year.  Ivan can now wear his sleigh bells without freaking out and has nowhere to wear them.  Here is last year's caroling costume:

DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Ivanch10

I may get a ride in on the New River Trail on Sunday. Lori is back in town and mentioned going with her horse. Maybe I will put sleigh bells on Ivan then... Laughing The New River Trail has good footing just about all the time, unlike Pandapas Pond which has dirt trails.

Stay warm and dry!! santa
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Was Lori's job with the movie a success? I know you are glad to have her back.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 pm

ELLEN:
Lori had a blast with that movie job. Very Happy "Harriet" apparently wrapped up successfully and Lori thinks she will get other similar jobs off and on. I don't know when this movie comes out, but when it does, watch the horses scenes. She taught the main actors how to canter and do other horsey moves and helped take care of any horse in the scenes that day. The group she worked for also provided 6 chickens and 4 pigs for the show Laughing . Lori didn't wrangle them. In some scenes, Lori would be just out of sight holding the horse that was in the scene.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 8:53 am

Here is something I am sharing with my Barnabas team members, thought I would share it with you too.

People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered.
FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
BE KIND ANYWAY.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends & some genuine enemies.
SUCCEED ANYWAY.
If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you.
BE HONEST AND SINCERE ANYWAY.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
CREATE ANYWAY.
If you find serenity & happiness, some may be jealous.
BE HAPPY ANYWAY.
The good you do today will often be forgotten.
DO GOOD ANYWAY.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU & THEM
ANYWAY.

MOTHER TERESA
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 am

That's beautiful TRUDY. Thank you for sharing..................

Well, winter solstice is official today............that means spring is coming...................

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Love that, Trudy. I will forward that to lots of people.

Ark, I thought of you when I heard a Christmas song on the radio. "Russell the Gray and White Guinea".
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 8:29 pm

I saw this on another forum I read and thought it rather thought provoking.

"I remember a quote from Andy Rooney who was on 60 minutes till he passed away. He said that if people would quit praying and spend more time trying to solve all the problems that religion has caused in this world, we might live in a better place."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Things are moving at a snail's pace (one of ARK's 'slugs' … ??) around here this fall / winter.  Weather hasn't been all that cooperative (for cold natured me) and then Ive had this health issue to deal with too.  Carol keeps me from "doing" anything involving lifting and Im just bored.  I DID get some wood into basement the other day so we are ready for the next cold weather and can build a fire.  Right now, still using electric heat pump.

=================================================

We have no special plans for the holiday season and will just be stay-at-home folk until spring time.  Carol "may" start looking for another trip somewhere and I "may" get back to my family history project and possibly making a trip outta that.  Who knows Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Just wanted to drop in and wish ALL a very Happy, Healthy, Warm and SAFE Holiday season.

My love to the Foops ... Rick santa
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:16 pm

I really should entertain more often. It takes me forever to decide what to fix, then another forever to fix it. I usually make too much, and if anything is going to go wrong, it will be when I'm doing something for other people. This evening 3 neighbor couples came, at my invitation, for a little get-together. I was still cooking when they got here, although it was mostly done. I wasn't sure they were eating much, but when I started putting things away, there was a lot less to put in the refrigerator.
Pirkko was able to get into the house using her one-sided walker, rather than the wheel chair. I was really happy to see that. My house doesn't have any steps, so that helped.
It was a really nice evening, and I'm glad I did it, even if I'm not very good at entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi all.

Today I went with the blah blahs to a restaurant supply. It was HUGE. I didn't even know what some items
were. I don't know why I went, I just tagged along. I didn't buy anything, just stared. LOL. But, I just knew if it wasn't there,
it didn't exist. So, fun for a day.

I'm finished with the Christmas bustle and now ready for Jesus' birthday.................so, this week end will be in peace.
I have to deliver some baking to the neighborhood tomorrow morning is all..............

Good night. God bless

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:44 pm

It's the thought and appreciation of your friends that counts, not the entertaining Ellen...........I'm sure they loved it. santa
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 1:35 am

Sometimes its having another person to talk to that means more than the best entertainment skills. I know we enjiy visiting and talking with other campers.
Been frosty nights and tshirt weather daytime.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:49 pm

I think I plan too many different foods and then get overwhelmed trying to get it all done at the right time. Next time, I'll try to keep it simpler. I will also go back to doing it after Christmas. Much less going on for everybody.
But, all of the neighbors did have a nice evening talking and catching up, and want to try to get together about once a month to stave off winter cabin fever.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Sounds great ELLEN.

I'm whooped. Church, getting Rex his bath for Christmas, back to church.........home now for
just relaxation...........I love the Christmas music at church..........

I've had a good day but am glad to just sit and relax............

Good grief,I'm old...........I think I'll eat some chocolate.....................LOL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 pm

White chocolate for me! Cant wait for after xmas sales....
Tommorrow is game day and tuesday christmas dinner at the event center. The park provides the meat and gravy and everyone brings a side and or a dessert. Some great cooks camped here and some yummy food.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 1:39 am

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  

I had a busy day today.  Lori  and I took Tonto and Ivan and Chase the dog to the New River Trail. I don't think I have been on a ride in a month and Lori hadn't ridden Tonto since September, so both horses could have been big pills on a chilly day, but they weren't It was a very fun ride. We saw several deer and squirrels, which Chase especially enjoyed, and on the way back we came across a bear's paw lying on the trail. Chase found it, of course. Poor bear didn't have any other parts nearby. I had heard there were bears on the New River Trail, but this was my first 'sighting' of one...or at least part of one. Neither horse seemed to mind having it at their feet. We rode 8 miles. Beautiful sunny day!

DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Ride5_10

DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Horsee10

DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Bearpa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2018   DECEMBER 2018 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DECEMBER 2018
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next