Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2013

Go down 
+8
silverdancer
sunny 57
cb
Graymare
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

March 2013  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:05 am

Rick and Indyapp

Those were very sweet tributes to HT. Thank you for posting them.

Ellen
We keep getting snow which partially melts into mud then more snow is added again. It is slick and sloppy. More snow expected today. I am soooooo over winter. We may get 50s by the weekend.... I hope. Our pasture never gets dried enough for the heavy bucket truck to come into it and lift our internet connection tower into place except for last Saturday when the truck owner went out of town fishing......sigh....

Trudy
Got your photo...will post tonight!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Indy, I liked that for HT...thanks. Makes things a tad easier to read your words and Ricks...

TRUDY, Got Snow?

ARK, here in Idaho, I am wishing for Spring NoW! know how you feel.

But in Texas...thats another story, altho its been cold at night, its nice in the day...AND

Butterscotch had her filly yesterday! bounce Surprised Very Happy She is brown with black legs and a star and a spot on her hip...her mom is a buckskin appy. She is tiny, active, and eating great according to Jessi and Joey. Jessi says the mare has so much milk when the baby butts her to drink the milk goes flyin!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Ahhhhhhh. Relief. All is well CB. We just love it when foaling goes well. We will all be anxious for pictures..........WOOHOO.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Yea, for the new baby! Like Graymare said, we'll need pictures as soon as you get back home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

CB:
COngrats on the new baby!!!! wavy Yep, we need pix. What are you going to call her? Something related to Butterscotch? Like Caramel?

SUNNY:
Thanks for the update on that sinkhole. Poor guy. How do they know he was dead before they covered up the sinkhole? Did they send in some kind of remote viewing device? What a nightmare for his family.

TRUDY:
I bet Phil has a lynch mob coming after him. He sure screwed up the forecast this year. hysterical

We had flurries off and on all day, lots of wind, but it warmed up enough in the late afternoon to melt off most of the snow. More predicted for tonight. No

Attachments
March 2013  - Page 5 AttachmentGroundhogLied.jpg
Phil lied....
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(32 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:54 am

they made every effort to find him using cameras and sound equipment but saw nothing and no sound they waited as long as they could but had to get the area cleared and filled on to prevent further damage or spreading of the hole
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/191/img5516i.jpg/

These are three migrating goldeneye ducks. Gotta get me a better lens.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:38 pm

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

(folks, you're gonna luv this)

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan, His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You're singing it, aren't you? Yeah, I know you are.........

Never take life too seriously! Come on now, you grinned, I know you did!!!

Have a great day.....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Oh, and may everyone be at peace as Ellen's ducks are.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Yeah. I grinned. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 am

GRAYMARE:
Yep, I grinned, too. Very Happy I love puns.

I rode Daisy today for my lesson. Ivan's feet are a little long from an overdue trim and I didn't want to stress his hooves with trotting me around. So I asked Lori to give me a lesson on Daisy. Daisy and I were doing pretty well, I am learning how her gaiting feels and am not very good at it. (Give me a trotting horse, please!) I was having fun. Anyway, we were doing pretty good for most of an hour when
Daisy suddenly tripped or stumbled or something, fell down on both her knees, then her head, and crashed down, throwing me off. It was a total surprise. I landed with a pretty hard thump on my right elbow and side. Daisy stayed down for several seconds, she was pretty surprised, too. Poor thing scraped her head near her eye on her bridle. I am sore and somewhat bruised, but okay, and I think Daisy is okay, too. After a few minutes I got back on her and we went around the arena a couple of times before I got off for the day and went back to the house for an Advil. Thank goodness I am off warfarin, the bruise on my elbow would have been much worse and I am not sure how bruised my ribs are, but they are a little sore.

Lori said she had never had anyone fall off before during a lesson. I guess I ruined her record, Laughing . I didn't actually fall off, I was pretty much catapulted off and away from Daisy. I was a bit concerned on the way down that she would roll onto me, but she didn't. It is funny how much time you have to think about things as you are flying off a horse. Daisy got up before I did and stood over me sniffing me all over like she was concerned. I told her she should be very
sorry. Killing the hand that feeds you is never a good idea.

So Donnie came home and took me out to dinner since his horse did this to me...:-)...I will use any excuse not to cook! He did tell me I shouldn't ride his horse into the ground like that, Laughing .

Daisy had her feet trimmed when Kazi's were at Va Tech, but Donnie looked at them this evening and the left front has a strange angle and is a bit long. It may not have been trimmed properly and may have caused her trip after she was tired. He is going to work on it tomorrow, along with Ivan's feet. I think I will stick to my little fireball, Ivan, and let Daisy continue her career as a pasture ornament for awhile. I am always on the lookout for whatever moves Ivan will make, but never expected to go flying off Daisy while we were only walking calmly in the arena!

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: RICK's Pix!   March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 am

RICK sends the latest update on the ongoing controversy that Phil the Groundhog is involved with after his disastrous prediction that spring would arrive early. Thanks RICK!

(In case you have trouble reading his sign, it says:

"Don't blame me, YOU'RE the one taking weather advice from a rodent!" hysterical )

Attachments
March 2013  - Page 5 AttachmentGroundhogBlame.jpg
Phil may have a point.....
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(41 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 pm

The Deaf Italian Bookkeeper
>
> A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper, Guido, has cheated
> him out of $10,000,000.00.
>
> His bookkeeper is deaf. That was the reason he got the job in the first
> place. It was assumed that Guido would hear nothing and would therefore
> never have to testify in court.
>
> When the Godfather goes to confront Guido about the missing $10 million,
> he takes along his lawyer, who knows sign language. The Godfather tells
> the lawyer, "Ask him where the money is."
>
> The lawyer, using sign language, asks Guido, Where's the money?
>
> Guido signs back, "I don't know what you are talking about." The lawyer
> tells the Godfather, "He says he doesn't know what you are talking about."
>
> The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to Guido's head and says,
> "Ask him again or I'll kill him!"
>
> The lawyer signs to Guido, "He'll kill you if you don't tell him."
>
> Guido trembles and signs back, "OK! You win! The money is in a brown
> briefcase, buried behind the shed at my cousin Bruno's house.."
>
> The Godfather asks the lawyer, "What did he say?"
>
> The lawyer replies, "He says you don't have the guts to pull the trigger."
>
> Don't you just love lawyers?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 am

That certainly confirms my opinion of many lawyers. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Whew.. been a very busy day. Actually it started yesterday when I went to get the horse trailer out of the barn where it has been in storage all winter. I tried to start the farm tractor which is what I use to move it around the yard with as it is easier to manouver than using a truck when putting it in our out of the barn. Of course the tractor wouldn't start so I put the charger on it. And I just remembered that it's still on it so I better go out and check on it. Hopefully it will start by now. Fortunately I could still hook the trailer up to the truck to get it out. So the horse trailer is now outside and airing out.

Today I started Tiberius' training on trailer loading. First I put Thunder in, and the Saint that she is she walked right in after sniffing the doorway a bit. Then I brought Tiberius around. Took almost no time at all and just a few carrots and he was in with Mom. So we backed back out, walked around the yard a bit and tried it again. Tiberius and Ivan must be related as T seems willing to do most anything for carrots. We loaded and unloaded a couple more times then took Thunder out and loaded by himself then called it a day.

Next went and bought the adaptor I needed to connect lights from trailer to truck. So far only the right turn signal is working. I used the tester to figure out which prongs on the truck operate the turn signals, and lights. Now I just have to figure out how to figure out which slot does the same on the trailer and make the slots match up with prongs. I've run out of energy so I guess that is a project for another day. I have about 2 weeks to get this done. I still need to put air in the tires.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Good job, Indy. So much better to plan ahead and get the loading thing under control instead of waiting until the day you NEED it.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 am

ELLEN:
I enjoyed your duck photo! Ducks are so cute... Very Happy

INDYAPP:
Hurray for Tiberius! He sounds like such a nice horse. It was really good to hear how he is doing, and doing so well! I look forward to seeing pix of him at the training event and sure hope he enjoys it.

It was 70 degrees, sunny, little wind, and I didn't get to ride. Ivan got his feet trimmed and we are back in business, though. If the rain holds off, I will ride tomorrow. I did play with Areion a little. She wanted a good scratch, so I did that, then got the brushes out and groomed her within an inch of her life. Very Happy She enjoyed it. I didn't even have to halter her. I need to work on her trailer training, too, but our pasture has been too wet and slick to haul the trailer down to the barn to work with her. Hopefully soon.

Cactus Jack had another episode of mild colic this evening, which stole my riding time. He seems to get this about every other month this past year or so. After some bute and a bit of mineral oil, he seems fine now. When Cactus won't eat, you know he isn't feeling well. I don't know what causes these episodes.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 am

HE IS RISEN! Happy Easter to everybody.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 am

Yes, joy to the world, peace on earth. Happy Easter Day!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 am

He Is Risen...Alleluia!

As the sun came up today, I'm filled with joy! BECAUSE JESUS IS ALIVE.

Happy Easter my friends..
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Time to change the monthly thread....go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t19-april-2013

or to "Basket" and click on April 2013.

See you there! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2013