Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2015 !!

Go down 
+9
TallyPam
NancyLee
Ol'Man
Indyapp
Rick Angell
Manygatess
Donna
Graymare
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

July 2015 !! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Whew, at least you got home safely RICK......and get some REST!!!

TRUDY........hope you love the Shark.........they seem to be the "in"
vacuum cleaner of choice right now.

CB, oh NO, not again!!!

Humid here in AZ by our standards.....I can take heat but also HATE humidity. It does save $ on skin lotions tho.

INDY, wonderful news on Sophie. It sounds like she is really doing well and that her trainer is spot on with her.

ELLEN, hope your weather improves, also, for the week end.

Everyone have a good evening.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 pm

RICK
 That was funny viewed from here, probably not so much from where you were ROFL .  How long do you plan to keep on trucking?

INDYAPP
 Good news from Sophie! wavy  I bet you can't wait to get her back. When will that be?

CB
 Your dogs have a thing for skunks, don't they? Laughing   When will Harry be getting his knees fixed?  I wish Donnie would look into that.  His knee hurts all the time.

TRUDY
Congrats on the new Shark!  Funny name for a vacuum cleaner,  Laughing .  Hope it works out well.

ELLEN
 We get rain often enough that cutting our hay has been a problem.  Donnie says he is going to mow it tomorrow, despite thunderstorm threats, and just keep tetting it until it dries.  Hope it works....

I had a good lesson on Ivan on Wednesday afternoon.  It was cloudy, so didn't feel bad at all.  I rode Ivan in his halter with reins and he did the best he has done in months.   I am going to have to get a lighter weight s-hook hackamore, made of aluminum.  His current one is made of steel and puts too much pressure on his nose.  Areion did great in her lesson with Lori.  The middle of the day suits her better than the spookier early evening.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:03 am

Ark, yes they have a love hate thing going on, end the end the skunk loses, but then its bath time and good smellin sprays.....I hope that's the end of it.
There are injections that Donnie can get that could help his knees. I've had them again a year ago and seems to have helped, but once it gets to bone on bone its surgery. we have both had arthroscopic fixes and menisscus tears cleaned out and that also helps and ur only down for a few days. knee replacement is physical therapy for 6 weeks....I dread that driving in winter months.

I cleaned brothers motor home...ewwwwww....what a mess. we got floor tiles to put down and took all carpeting out...

Harry is getting tomatos from his lil garden, he says they r yummy.

Thanks for info on kennels Trudy.

Stay cool y'all
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am

Happy birthday to our TP! I hope you have a nice day. we want to hear more about horse camp and the kids!

Another sunshiny day, up early to get things done and then to the auction at the junction....its called "junktion auction", they have ALL kinds of junk! lol....the local livestock auction takes july off, probably a good thing as wet and humid as its been.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!!! Hope the camp gang gives you a really happy day with chocolate, chocolate, CHOCOLATE!
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 am

MORNING FOOPS........

Just getting back from doing my community duty this a.m. Went to the barn first and did my stall, put Tom out and then ventured down the hill to a water station. There is a 10K race every July called the Sheila Poole race, in memory of a young woman that died in the '90's with cancer. It is really a big one and they have water stations all along the way. I was at the half way spot and helped along with five others passing out water.

Now Im home and having my coffee and waiting for time to get ready to go help a friend get ready for her Grand daughters FIRST birthday party. I know it is a big deal for the parents and grandparents but having an extravaganza at noon is a bit much. Kids birthday parties were always hot dogs and hamburgers, not casseroles, salads and a ton of sweets No . Anyway, I said I would help, kind of gripes me as there are four females in the house and three of them are probably sitting/laying on the coach waiting for things to get done. Ill let you all know later how this went, lol.

Overcast and a few sprinkles while we were doing the water. Not supposed to rain till tomorrow night into Monday. We sure can use it. Ellen, send some our way.

CB, you never did tell me where you are living now.

Have to go and get ready for the "party" :dance:

Later.

Donna
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:19 am

Donna, I did....but it may have been in a post that the cyber ghosts ate, sorry.

We bought a house on 10 acres 3 miles from elkton mo. my brother is moving here in his motorhome so I can keep an eye on him. my address is rr81,box 458, flemington, mo 65650 and altho we ain't fancy my door is always open....when r u coming? lol

A 1 year party that big sounds like a lot unless there are lots of out of towners coming. my kids had cake and ice cream and played games....lil party favors...and then came the teen parties with LOTS OF FOOD AND SODA AND DANCING OR JUST LOUD MUSIC...I GOT A FULL SIZE AIR HOCKEY TABLE AND A BUMPER POOL TABLE kept them occupied.....darn cap button sticks...sorry. I liked it when my kids friends hung out safely...I just shut myself in my room!...made a pass thru every. hour or so....
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:41 pm

Humidity... Blech! Sounds strange for you to have it in AZ, Graymare. Today is about 87, but the humidex is 105. Southern Ontario for you. It is worse down in Niagara I am sure. It is quite moist down there, makes for wonderful gardens, orchards and vegies. They get 3 cuts of hay regularly, sometimes 4. We are indoors worshipping the air conditioner Very Happy

Happy Birthday TP!!

Speaking of birthdays, Donna, Jim and I were just talking an hour ago about the craziness of birthday parties for little kids, specifically the first birthday. It's nuts, and just sets a precedence for bigger, better, more expensive limitless events. When the kid is too young to know what it's all about, just who are we doing it for? And then not being willing to take on the work themselves really takes the cake...hahaha... Sorry for the pun. Good luck with the paarty.

Mmm, garden tomatoes, CB.

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:13 am

Morning Fops,

Well the party was a BIG one. The Grandfather (where the party was held) comes from a huge family and most all of them were there including their kids and grandkids (none of them little). I think there were about 45-50 people there at one time. Talk about congestion. This is a huge house but everyone decided to stay on the main floor where the food was. Tons of food! But before they arrived, I did! went about eleven and immediately went to work dusting and helping clean up as this house is always a disaster Smile They have two big dogs that shed and the daughter brought her two home also. Four big dogs that shed!!!! Lots of dog hair to get rid of on top of an inch of dust on everything, rofl. Got 'er done and then tackled the dishes in the sink and on the counter. Cindy is a wonderful cook and had a ton of food, salads of every kind, buttered chicken, beef dishes, three different kinds of chicken casseroles, rice, I made the potato casserole. The counters were loaded. The dining table was covered with sweets, not an inch to spare. All in all it was a huge success. when I got there the oldest daughter was trying to vacuum up the dog hair. No sign of the other two. They had gone to the farmers market!!!!!!!! No reason, just because Kay wanted to. Poor Cindy certainly doesn't have much help around that house but it really is her fault. Even when they came back they just sat in state, my Mother would have killed me!!! Our friend Shonda arrived around 11:30 and kicked in with cleaning. I brought enough food home for Jacks supper as I was not cooking last night, lol.

Today is a rainy dismal day. I am just having my coffee and then heading for the barn. My Girls should be around for a quick visit before they head back to their places. I didn't hear of any disasters happening at Petes party so guess everyone survived that one. Guess I didn't tell you all that it was Pete's fiftieth birthday party (Traceys husband) and they were having it at his partners summer place about 30 kms away on a lake. The Girls were home for this and I only saw Erin for a short visit on Friday and then she was heading for the lake. Allison didn't get home till late Friday night and went straight there. Plenty of big head today I bet. Of course everyone in Yarmouth was invited to this party except us. We are never invited to anything that goes on with that family and neither of us really care. The Girls and their welfare are the only ones we care about. The rest can drink themselves into oblivion as far as we are concerned.

CB, I had no idea where you were. Are you close to you Girls? MO is a lovely state. That is where we had our first Foop Fest and I met ARK and all the rest of the wonderful FOOPS.

Ok, this has turned into an epistle. Must get on my pony and head out the door.

Later folks.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:28 am

No, jessi is in tx stationed theree in air force, 2 older ones in idaho...we just had a get together in idaho in june tho. my brother needs us here for now.

I've been trying to scare up some foop get togethers but not having much luck....I feel like old news....ahhhh well.

Dreary day here today....but humid, my windows r steamed up, so I can tell from my recliner where I'm having my tea without going outside. yuck! I'm done with humidity...DONE!

Have a great sunday everyone. going to get some stuff done today....come heat or highhumidity, Iits still gotz to get done....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:13 am

You won't believe this. People around here are so sick and tired of rain and more rain, they are actually ready for summer to be over. All the lakes are idle speed only because of possible damage to docks and yards. My dock is floating, as are most others.
We had our family reunion yesterday - on the hottest day of the entire year. 32 of us gathered to eat all we could hold. Thankfully, the pavilion had a nice breeze blowing through it most of the afternoon. Later in the afternoon, I broke out the small water canons I bought for a whole 96 cents each. That started a small war. Almost everybody got hit at least once. Since the lake water were we were is not safe to do anything but ride ON, we were looking for water for the canons. The coolers we all brought provided the answer. The water from melted ice was quite nice. When people got hit, there was a shriek of surprise followed by, "Ooooo. That feels good."
It started raining, so we all packed up and headed for home. Cousin-in-law and I were nearly home when we got hit with yet another rain STORM. It was raining so hard it was like driving through a car wash for 12 miles. At one point, I saw a tree down across the entire road. I knew a way around it.
We got back here and started to unload when the rains came AGAIN.
More is expected this afternoon. BUT, I think the water is finally warm enough for a swim. Heck, I'll be able to float right off the dock.
CB, I saw that there was a big green blob of rain over your area this morning.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:22 am

No rain here....and now the sun is shining...I don't know if that is good or if I prefer the clouds whenits this hot. saw phoenix had bad flash flooding, GM, ANY NEWS?

Calif. is having storms and fires....craaaazeeeeeeeeee weather.

Well, work is calling my name and I'm dragging my feet.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:28 pm

We have gone almost two days with no rain. The docks are all floating, if they aren't tied or held down. I'm hoping to see the level start to drop in the next day or two. It's going to take a long time for it to go down enough to allow boats to resume full speed operation. For now, it's idle speed only, no wake, which means no fun.
It has finally warmed up enough to swim - which will happen later today for me. We're going out to dinner, so afterward when there is no need for dry hair I'll be wet all over. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 am

CB, no internet or cell phones on the mountain for 3 days due to bad storms up here. Just like the old days. I had to laugh as some people were so upset. It was like 1950 when you played cards or read or cleaned out the shed or barn. We had no flooding here, CB. However Wickenburg and Aguila had TERRiBLE flooding. Some areas of the valley had flooding, also. Where I live did not, thank God. Where I live in the mountains has good run off to the river. Even the big stock tanks out on the range have good water.

Rex woke me up as he had to go out and it is spitting rain now. Our mornings are sunny and afternoons rainey. Up here we need water so badly I am cheering and happy for the rain.

I know you guys are in the horrible humidty and heat. Even down at my house it's not as bad as IN & MO. We here in AZ make a joke that my friend tells us. She has a great mule and her mule told her that a Montana winter is not as bad as a summer down south. Working outside in that is wicked. I lived in Illinois and it used to get horrible humidity. Also, in those years no one had air conditioning. I remember an older now deceased neighbor told me before air conditioning everyone soaked a sheet and slept on cots on the porch. And, on those big old farms there was an evening breeze so they were nice & cool with wet sheets.

No big news up here. Potluck Sunday was really good with meatballs & chicken, bread, two salads, beans, fruit salad, apple streusel and ice cream. Fortunately with Rex exercising me and taking me for walks, I haven't gained.

Everyone have a good day............incase the mtns have more big storms and all blows up, I'll be back soon. shrug shrug shrug

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 am

P.S. I forgot. The heat just came on so it must be quite chilly out there. It is set at 65. Daughter gets so mad as her air cond is always on.
This is 8500 ft, remember, so don't kill me for telling you guys. I'm guessing it's 38-40 degrees outside as it didn't seem real cold to me.
LOL, Rex did his business and wanted right back in. Camp is dead quiet with a dog barking way off in the distance......no moon, so pitch black.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 am

Wwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I wanna live there GM BUT ONLY IN THE SUMMER. I love wearing my flannels and jeans.....here I have to wear the jeans but want shorts for sure and tanks....bugs lil chiggery kind love my legs.....so jeans while working outside.
Glad your safe from flooding.
Off to get a coggins test on muley as she is going to her new home soon. we r just not able to work with her and I hate to see her go to waste....she is a smooth moving mule but a stubborn one....hated to do it......but will be good for her. she is going to wisconsin.

Well later taters.....more rain forecasted....blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

So I brought Sophie home on Saturday after taking her on a test drive with the trainer. We went up and down roads with hills; along the side of a 4 lane highway; across a bridge and railroad tracks and through a small mud bog. No problems other than she tends to 'wander' if I wasn't paying attention. Kind of like a drunken sailor. Sunday morning after feeding I harness her up, get the cart in place, and find out I have the wrong kind of connection from my traces to the cart itself so I can't actually hook her up. Bummer. Will have to make a trip to the harness shop come Saturday morning. Hell, I didn't even know there was more than one way a cart could be hooked.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:18 am

Fun to read all the weather reports!  And maybe gloat a little because, though we need rain and have had some humidity, we've been spared all the extremes rampant elsewhere. Temps today supposed to be in the 70s and 80s, with mild thunderstorms rolling in this evening to drive the dew points down for several clear, dry idyllic days ahead.

I ordered a small, inflatable kayak, expected to arrive today, the better to enjoy those days on the lakes around here. Can't wait! (I have another kayak, wood and fiberglass, that I bought a few years back from a neighbor where I used to live, who'd built it himself many years before. It's in great shape but, somehow, now, Wink  it's become HEAVY!!!  Ha!)

Meanwhile, I'm sopping up the painkillers after having my last five teeth pulled on Thursday.  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad The extraction part wasn't so bad; problem's been the deep aching since. Coupled with the occasional sensation that somebody's driving carpet tacks into my gums.  affraid Plus mortification at having said, of the painkillers, "Of, I won't need those!"  Double HA!   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Now off to find something mushable for breakfast... And lunch... And dinner....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

I love my chopper it grinds meat into digestable pieces. when my grandsons jaw was broken he ate everything from a blender thru a straw....his fave macroni and cheese! lol. do they have you on antibiotics? maybe should. you juat made my whole mouth ache. ouch! I have some dental things like fillings to get done....omg....I know Ishouldn't put it off cuz have to do it before hubby has his surgery cuz I load up on my xanax just to walk thru the door...so he kinda has to drive me. I had to go once by myself and I gave the office girl my keys went out to my car and went to sleep. she woke me up a few hours later. luckily weather was nice...I know enuf not to drive.

Well ok wish us luck.....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Weeeeeelllllllllllllll....muley loaded fine right behind cinnamon.....surprise surprise! vet tech crawlwd in to cinnamon front of gate and we held muleys head and she got blood drawn first attempt and mule was fine.....coggins will be back by friday. now all we have to do is unload her and then get her in a 2 horse trailer for her trip to wisconsin....fun ahead....or maybe she will surprise me again....I sincerely hope so.

A burger lunch and stop for sodas...then home.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 pm

INDYAPP
 Sophie is doing great!! :dance:  Did you get any pix of your test drive?  Where will you drive her at home?  Do you have rural roads that are good for that?  Congrats!!  

GRAYMARE
 I think I want to live in your mountains during the summer, too.  I keep reminding myself how cold it was last winter as I sweat thru the day.  The humidity has been fierce with all the rain.

BEECH
 Your weather sounds perfect!  Now if you just had decent winters..... Very Happy ...Congrats on your new kayak!  We need pix, of course!  I am always so impressed with all the things you do.  Motorcycling and kayaking!  It is too bad that you and ELLEN live so far apart.  You two would be a great team!  Sorry about your teeth....five extractions at once sounds pretty painful.  I just got my tooth implant post okayed for installing the fake tooth.  I will be happy to have chomping abilities on that side again.  It will take some time to get it made.

CB
 Sorry to hear that Muley is leaving, but sounds like she has a place to go that will suit her.  Our donkey sure has a different way of thinking than our horses, I guess mules do, too.  Bribery works best for Cactus, but only after he S-L-O-W-L-Y thinks it over.  Rolling Eyes  

I had a very nice lesson on Ivan last night.  We are still just using a halter and reins and he is acting so much better.  If I could get my body language together, we would progress so much faster. I tend to do fine at a walk, but lean forward at a trot and lose my position.  Poor Ivan has a lot to put up with.  I am trying to learn to ride on a loose rein and communicate with seat and legs to get nice turns with Ivan not wandering off from where I want to go.  It will probably take me another two years, like it took me to get the slow trot from Ivan.

Areion did great in her lesson!  She has issues about getting the correct lead in one direction at the canter that Lori and she have been working on.  Lori says when they figure that out, Areion will be ready for a beginner dressage class at a show!  Not me riding her, though  Laughing .  I have to learn to ride Ivan before I do that kind of thing with Areion.  Poor Ivan....

Ivan may go on a trail ride this Saturday if all our ducks line up....

Hay has been rained on twice....more tetting. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 8:11 am

Farmers r having hard time getting the haying done here too, too much rain.

Brother is coming today to buy the septic pipe and the digger man will be here friday to dig the ditch....he has leased with option on his house and has to be out by 31st so things will move along quickly now....he will have a nice grassy yard but not much shade. couldn't talk him into anywhere else that he would have shade....men r so stubborn sometimes....so hope he will be happy.

Well I guess it is time to rise and shine.....sure sounds like some of us foopettes r havin some fun....let thegood times roll...enjoy everything we r still able to enjoy is my motto.....go for it!

Later taters! humidity is my hated word.....want it to go away NOW PLEASE.......ITS GETTING TO US...........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 pm

No news here on the mountain. Big herd of elk out last late dusk, couldn't count. LOL, they can't hide from Rex. We watched for a bit as they grazed
and then headed back. We never did disturb them...we were downwind.
Anyhow, those special times are a gifted privilege.

INDY, big congrats......now on to the fun fun fun.

Bye for now.....everyone have fun. We could use some pics gang.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Goin to a horsie auction. taking the car....lol. we havnt been to this one yet....its so hot can't do much outside.....so off we goooooooooooooooo. brother was here got the pipe, and positioned his motor home....gettin things done bit by bit but he is headed home now....he will be back fri. he seems to be doing good healthwise, keeping busy and I think he will be glad of the help and company....

Later taters
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:50 pm

CB, have you heard when the minis will be picked up and taken to Oregon? Are you still having to pay for their feed and care? I was thinking you could transport them back to the auction in your car. Very Happy

This is our 5th day of nice weather - this is the nicest day so far. Love it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Not in myyyyyy car! I would haul chickens or baby goats in a cage in the back, we have a large cargo area in the journey.

Supposedly on the 5th of august the minis will be picked up....we will see. they had 10 bales of hay when she left. I've been buying grain, I don't give them much, but I felt like they were cough wracking their lil bodies I gave them a cup of sweet feed to give them some extra ooomph to fight it..and I bought banamine...but I did it for their sake, I can't stand to see an animal suffer if I can help them at all....we feed twice a day, she only fed once a day....they r in the smaller grassy area and they have niblets and always fresh cool water...man in this humidity water heats up fast, so 3 times a day they get cold water. the new mini bites the other mini and us and he kicks him too....he was such a bargain...NOT!

The horse auction was good...

The junk auction today was good bargains. now I need a nap...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2015 !!   July 2015 !! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2015 !!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next