Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2015

Go down 
+4
cb
Rose
Rick Angell
Donna
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

November 2015 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY!!! :dance:
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Whew, it is cold in the mornings lately, heavy frost. The afternoons are nice in the 60s. We went to Lori' s demo last night. She did a musical freestyle routine with her mustang, Tonto. She rode bareback and bridleless in much of it. Tonto is 11 years old and was caught in Oregon when he was a year-long. Lori has had him since he was 2. He did great! Fun evening!

I got up at 5:30 a.m. this morning to get ready for the carpenter. Just before 8a.m., he called and cancelled due to a carpentry emergency. Just after 8 a.m., Donnie's boss called and asked him to come in because of one of their work related emergencies.... Rolling Eyes No work on the house today. I could have slept in..... tongue
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Happy Birthday Sunny and many more!
 Please let us hear from you when you are able.  We miss you!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Hey, SUNNY! Today is your special day.....make it a great one. Enjoy
cake & fudge!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY! I hope it was filled with fudge and ice cream.

Just got home from a nice weekend with cousins in Ohio. Friends of theirs were visiting for the Artistry in Wood carving show. They have become friends of mine too. Truly wonderful people who make you feel like you've known them all your life even though you just met.
The carvings were wonderful, as always. And, the weather was terrific for mid-November days.

Travis has the downed tree all cut up and stacked beside his barn.

I have several sewing/embroidery projects I want to get started on for Christmas. Better get busy.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 pm

CB, have you heard anything from Sunny? It's been quite a while since we heard from her.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:19 pm

She said she can read posts but can't post with her phone? she is finding it hard to go to clubhouse right now to use puter....but she can read, so just talk to her....

Doc appt went well......getting my mo drivers license not! I have picture ids that say I am me, but have to have my birth certificate?????? say what????? how are all the refugees going to get drivers licenses? my birth certif doesn't have my picture.......hmmmmm, something wrong with the system. I already have a valid license from idaho......but I registered the camper in my name in missouri without a drivers license???? Go figure.....

Well, y'all have a good night, sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 am

OMG CB, I think we must share some genetic miswiring!!!! LMAO! I had a valid, current, NC license when I went to get my SC license and my birth certificate but because my name was not the same as birth certificate they wanted copies of all 3 marriage certificates and divorce decrees!!!!!!!!!! I was screwed, 1 military marriage at Fort Monmouth, NJ (defunct now) and a 1 divorce in Tijuana, Mexico and 2 other marriage and divorces, ya know I don't have any of them any longer! Thank goodness I had many US Marshal and State Police friends or I still wouldn't have a SC license. Rest assured I will NEVER let my SC license expire! Sheriff of Darlington County laughed hysterically over my situation! lol!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:01 am

Well, CB, what a pain in the neck. You tried to do the correct legal thing. Your experience is just another example of system failure here in our country. Maybe your insurance carrier can help you. The real mess would now be a license in Idaho and living in Missouri. I know here in AZ it's a big deal, don't know about there. Anyhow, at least you got your camper registered. Also, if it happened to you, that happens everyone moving in to your state. Don't we as a country have bigger things to manage than an older woman trying to obtain a legal driver's license in her new state of residence?

I got to laughing CB, as I then thought maybe you had your cow suit on in your picture. Then I thought maybe it's easier for a cow to get a license than women our age. And on & on............ ROFL ROFL

ROSE, glad someone made you legal.................
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:50 am

In watching the news right now. Now the Syrian refugees are turning into a huge problem here in the U S. Are they coming or not?

The news poll in our state had 81% vote no, 19% yes................I didn't even know our state had a proposal..............

Anyhow, a tragedy at hand for all. I' ve never been rich by American rich standards but rich vs absolute poverty standards. I got to thinking if we get
bombed like Paris, what would happen to my kids & horses. Our generation is leaving a terrible mess for our grandkids. Is there a solution that I can't see?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:29 pm

I thi nk the solution would be for all countries to band together and go after isis and make an example of them and maybe it will make other groups think about doing what the isis just did. they do need to be stopped and reckoned with, and then it would be safe for the refugees to stay and live with some help where they are. I didn't like seeing the picture of the refugees that were ALL men arriving, this made the hair stand up on my neck....why weren't there women and children mixed in? but for any of us to live our lives without fear for now will be hard...all the holiday travel coming up.

And nope, no cow suit...lol. I will go in and get my mo drivers license tho, since we don't own property in idaho anymore...as long as we were paying taxes there I could keep my license....but its time to change. we had an acre piece that we sold...state wanted it as it was close to an interstate bridge...so we sold..

Raining steadily here...yesterday mud puddles, today duck ponds! our creek is running once again. we needed the rain, but maybe not quite so much all at once. horses are under cover and goats r nestled down, and doggies on the covered back porch. hubby is working on bringing their porch pen into the house, but with lil doxie males they can't have full run of the house...they are tenacious markers of territory even tho housebroken....they have to be so macho....they think they r ten feet tall! am using bathroom sheeting on sides of their pen so it is easily cleaned...just in case. usually they will not mark where their food and bed is...and they have a doggie door, wish us all luck!

Stay warm y'all!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Sorry to say, the ducks were all eaten by the huge whales that were swimming by in the raging rivers! we had over 5 inches of rain today! wet, damp, gloooooooooomy day.
Harry had to wear flippers to feed tonight!

Having a cup of irish coffee to help sooth a sore throat...I do not, can not get sick before t day! I wanna play with baby harper!

Well I'm having early night...get extra sleep. harry has his preop tommorrow......surgery around the corner.

New farrier coming monday to trim the four horsies...harry is just not up to it now.

Hope everyone is a ok. awfully quiet today.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:31 pm

CB
Tell Harry we are thinking happy thoughts for his full and quick recovery!! Donnie will probably eventually be getting a knee replacement. He is so tired of being in pain.
Your rain is heading our way. We are supposed to get a couple of inches starting tonight. This has been a weird fall.

ROSE
We learned more about you in one post than we have in over 15 years of knowing you online! ROFL

Donnie and Buck, the carpenter, got the heatpump in place outside today, and trimmed the new bow window outside and some inside. It's looking good! Tomorrow they plan to finish the wall around the window inside. Kumquat loves Buck and greeted him with enthusiasm. ThunderPuff hid under the bed all day, the big fluffy chicken.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 am

Cold mornings here now.......34 this morning. I go out & feed around 5A but now come back in for coffee and the news. Oh man, today there was an arrest of a couple running a dog horror house of 140 Pugs & French Bulldogs. Some looked fine, some very sick. I'm guessing our county shelters will now have some really nice puppies for the holidays, the others at the vet clinics until healthy.

My horses are wintered up with thick coats and looking shaggy just in about 10 days ARK. Nice progress on your heat pump and new room.

CB, hope Harry's knee goes great. As you all remember TL had his done sev years ago and so glad he did it. The first 6 weeks are rough but the key to success is doing the exercises...........and then voila, one day you're just walking like always. Kneeling down on floors etc is tricky even now but works out fine. That part takes time. They have a new procedure now that is even better than TL's.

We now have plenty of snow in our mountain camp so glad we're down here.
Nights are below 0. Friend drove up to check out when ski slopes are opening and to get some pics..........ski slope is around 50 mi away. All is fine but they had to hike in as road is closed. LOL

Thanksgiving soon and I'm off to find a sale turkey..........sun is now up, so I'm gone.

Everyone have a good day. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:51 pm

I added whipping cream to my grocery list to make the traditional sugar cream pies next week. Compared to the cooking all the others in the family do, I get off really easy. I will take the turkey fryer so we can do one of those. LOVE fried turkey. Sooo easy and quick.

It isn't too cold today, but it's raining. There are rumors of snow in the near future. Travis is excited about that possibility. I'm not. Cricket the Cat has decided this is the time of year to beg to come in and spend his days on my sofa.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:51 am

Warmer here last night, 40 degrees. Horses are happily eating; munch munch munch. It''s gray dawn, birds still asleep, trash out on the road for pickup,
and hot coffee in the cup.

The rescue pugs and French bulldogs are all in safe places now. The ones that need it have the vet care they need, the ones that couldn't respond to humans in special foster homes, and the others at pug & bulldog rescues. They had been selling on Craig's list and elsewhere for over $1000 a piece. The news reported there were 140 in the mill that were rescued by county Sheriff Joe. Today they reported 129. He is wicked on animal abuse so the charges are one abuse charge for every dog there. The cruel owners won't be out anytime soon. Anyhow, it showed the dogs and pups in far better circumstances so that started my day on a happy note. ROSE, do you have people looking for pugs or fr. bulldogs?

Yesterday my reading student I tutor was a riot......he is a really cute little boy (6) and told me "I am in a grumpy mood". I asked why. He then told me he hates reading. I then asked why he hates it. He then told me "because I don't know how". I told him it takes a really long time to learn as we have so many words. Many are big words and many are little. I told him I still have to look up words in the dictionary. Naturally he said "you mean you're that old and still can't read?" It really made me laugh. With that we moved right on to his little space and atmosphere book. BUT, he was happy that I still can't read.
He helped me with his outer space book. He actually reads very well, he just doesn't stay focused.............a typical little boy.

Big rodeo here this week end w our town parade...........I'm not in charge of anything like I used to be........that wears me out to think about it. It's sure fun talking to everyone and going to a luncheon today.

Later gators.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:11 am

My last post is in cyberspace, drat!

Taking camper for test drive to ins. agent to get insurance on it, these small campers r expensive! if tbhey r lite enuf to pull behind a small car.

Maryellen had a good report from her doctor this week, but still has to be be slow and steady....that's good news!

Ellen, I hear its ur birthday! happy birthday! enjoy enjoy, and eat cake!

Sun is out today shining in my window..yesterday was dark and so dreary....

Wish us luck on the test drive!

GM, I WOULD LOVE TO ADOPT A FRENCHI BULLDOG, HOW DO I DO IT.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLEN!!! :dance:
Hope you and the neighbors are celebrating hugely!! wavy

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:20 am

GRAYMARE
I am glad they have rescued those dogs. There is a big case in eastern Virginia going on with a woman who was letting a lot of horses, dogs and cats starve, then taking on more. Strange people....
The little boy sounds like a cutie!

Donnie and Buck are working hard. Things are coming together. They are up in the attic doing some kind of wiring for the heatpump right now.

Lori is coming this afternoon for my riding lesson. We had a couple of inches of rain overnight, so I hope the arena drains off before then.

Gotta go clean the barn...... shovel, shovel, shovel.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 am

LOLOLOLOLOL!

I'm the last to know about birthdays. HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY DAY ELLEN!

CB, I'll try to find out now.............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:08 pm

CB, I just looked online and can't find anything yet..........you look, too.
ROSE might have info as to how to track this situation......hey, we can all look
and maybe find out how to get one of the dogs...........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:09 pm

That said, I have Rex, that's enough. I don't want more dogs but it will be fun to look. Let's all look.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:21 pm

My only problem would be transport as I can't leave the farm while harry is down....and he won't be up to a trip for a few months as he has pt 4 times a week...ugh....but I love those cute frenchies and if they r transporting or doing a relay it may be feasible, under normal conditions, I would go and pick up and hire my pet sitter, but I don't think she has time to sit the hubby, too. so will have to find out about that for sure....but definately interested. lets see what we can find out.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It's been a nice day. I finished up a little bit of leaf work, read a lot of birthday messages, and took myself to dinner at the hotel. The neighbors are taking me to lunch on Sunday. I'm going to stretch this birthday thing as long as I can. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Test drive aok! We had to fix a valve stem on a camper tire and when they took the tire off the bearings need greased....aha.....harry has a job to do! got kyles guitar strings and tuned and the guy didn't charge us a dime, he told us to tell kyle thankyou for his service....wow...that was nice of him! got poopie shots and gave those, supposedly someone is coming for the runt tomorrow night....he has personality plus, lil chit! the pups have had 2 shots now....at least I know they have some protection before they leave me. I think hubby is going to keep fat albert pup, he is a throwback to the standards at 8 lbs at 3 months....and a sweetheart...so gentle and soft and cuddly. he was the one that was stuck at birth...I think he may be a tad slow....but oh so sweet. the lil female was sold already to an older couple and I heard from them tonight, they love her. took her in for 2nd shot and the vet was crazy about her! she told them wish all the puppies she saw were as healthy and cute and socialized!

Ellen, I would milk my birthday, too....gotz to enjoy the golden years as much as we can.

Y'all have sweet dreams.....g'nite.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 am

CB, there's probably plenty of time regarding the adoptions. I don't really know for sure but you might try French Bulldog rescue in your state, also. I'm guessing Maricopa County Animal Control would be the site for info on that abuse case.
I have to watch closer in the morning to see if the news gives any info re how to adopt these dogs.

ARK, how was your lesson?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:25 am

GRAYMARE
 My lesson went well, thanks!  We had  a lovely warm sunny afternoon after all the rain from the night before.  The arena was soggy, but usable.  Areion is fairly rambunctious while being warmed up on the ground.  She pulls all sorts of tricks and Lori patiently keeps her moving.  Strangely, once Areion is under saddle, she gets right to work with no shenanigans.  She is finally catching on to going into the correct lead on the side she has had so much trouble with.  She did it correctly twice in a row and Lori rewarded her by getting off and letting me ride Areion.  I don't exactly stress Areion much, we just walk and trot.  Areion is a fun ride.  My hip joints and weird thigh muscle seem to be adapting to her, no pain while riding at all!

Ivan and I worked on lots of things.  He was in a sweet mood and was very willing to try anything.  While Lori was riding Areion, I sat on Ivan bareback.  That was all the warm up he seemed to need, no rambunctiousness in him before his ride.  It is so nice he has reached that stage in life, or level of training, that  He doesn't have to have that pre-ride warm up so much.

Anyway, I had lots of fun during my lesson!

Donnie and Buck closed in the last exposed wall where the heatpump ducting was in the kitchen while I played with horses!  You cannot imagine how wonderful it is to see the last of that mess!  The gutter man came by and will be installing the gutters soon, too.  The barn has had gutters for years, the house has not. Rolling Eyes

I think today is the last day we will have Buck for awhile, he has more jobs than he has time to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2015
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next