Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2017...Summer time!

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
cb
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Wow! Rose and Beech on the same day! That's great! Smile

No, I didn't get a new machine or even new software. The software is hard to figure out. For just stitching designs that are already digitized, it's easy. But if I want to turn my own designs into stitch designs, that a whole different thing. Of course the company wants me to continue to upgrade about every two years to the tune of about a thousand dollars. Nope. Not gonna do that. So, I'll just keep plugging away with friends to see what I can get figured out. As much as I like my Viking machine, the company does a terrible job of educating on the software. They don't seem to realize they would sell more of it if there was more instruction.

It is really hot here, 95° on my deck at 7:00 in the evening. This morning I got out and went for a good ride on the jet ski. That was great! It was the first time I'd been out on the water this year. Monday morning is a good time to go. All the weekenders are gone, and those on vacation aren't up early. I had the big lake all to myself except for two fishing boats.

The heat is going to be around until at least next Monday, although it will be slightly better the next few days. The swimming is great!

Rose, the idea of a been-there-done-that horse is a really good idea. It's possible to get hurt with any horse, but a lot less likely with an older more experienced one. It's much easier to relax and enjoy the ride.

Beech, have you seen the portable AC units? They plug into a wall outlet in any room. Way less expensive to buy than a central AC. They won't do the electric bill any good, but would make you more comfortable.
I can't believe your bank is making you wait so long for a new debit card. I had my card hacked a couple of years ago. I did drive to the bank to get the new card, but I was back in business in less than 24 hours, and it didn't cost me a single cent.
You might consider a PayPal account. The seller never has access to your information. I use PayPal anytime I can when I buy online.

What can you teach Ivan to keep his mind busy while he's laid up? Can you work on slow ground work?

My neighbors had a little misfortune yesterday. I saw the grandson and his dog go out in the rowboat with a small outboard motor. A little while later, I saw him being towed back with no motor. Apparently, it fell off somehow. It was a borrowed motor. Somebody didn't get it clamped onto the boat well enough. The area where he lost it is VERY weedy. The odds of finding it are very slim. I think it might be a rather dangerous place to dive for it.
Around the lake, there is always somebody who will help, but they also should have had a pair of oars in the boat.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 am

ARK, No, dummy me used your old email. I just sent pic again using the right addy so hope you get it!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 12:42 am

Here you go, ROSE!

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 Output10

Looks great!! wavy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 1:42 am

Thanks so much Ark! Introducing Cadillac Jack! Mommy's boy!wavy

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 am

He looks really good, Rose. I love the white stockings.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 am

Lookin really good...like his coloring/markings. I think it is a great idea to get you in the saddle again.

Beech, and rose, do glad you gals are pisting. Miss hearing from you.

House here in idaho is more of home base and for daughter jaemi who has health issues. We will probably be here in soring, early summer and then hit the hiways again. Planning on wintering in az as long as we can.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am

Yes ELLEN, many thanks, love the chrome, he actually is a paint has big white on shoulder and back under the saddle. He's going to love my synthetic Wintec, the saddle he is in is a very heavy, well made western one. And I can reach the stirrups on my saddle!!!! I think the bridle I had handmade for the paso, Esmeralda, can be adjusted to fit him perfectly and now I just have to get him a halter. Whew, saving some moola! And a nice tom thumb.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am

Sounds like a perfect plan CB, we need to be able to be warm in the winter and cooler in the hot months. We've earned that in my opinion. And I'm a retired fair weather rider, Jack will have his own fan in his stall, he'll learn he's now a fair weather mount too.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

ROSE:
He is really pretty! You look happy on him! wavy

I had a lesson on Areion today, from 11 to 1 pm. She was soooo mellow. Of course, it was blazing hot and humid and she got worked by Lori before I got on her. She had worked herself the evening before and came in dripping in sweat after running and bucking all over the pasture with Ivan. They both came in soggy hot. Anyway, I had a very good lesson on Areion who never offered a minor spook or anything remotely bad. She is fun when she is mellow. We did some patterns at the trot and actually did them the first time right...for once!

We finished a few minutes before 1 pm, gave Areion a bath, got back to the house, and a huge thunderstorm hit at 1 pm. Hopefully Lori got home before it got to her. We needed a bit of rain and pretty much got it all at once. Lots of lightning and thunder. affraid It's a little cooler now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 pm

We've had a little break in the heat today, but the humidity was AWFUL. It has rained a couple of times to make the grass happy, which just means I have to mow.

I used to love those days when the horses were calm and cooperative. The second workout of the day was usually like that.

CB, that sounds like a really good plan. Cool in summer and warm in winter, sun year round.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 am

ROSE: What a beautiful painted horse. I'm very color blinded when it comes to paints and palominos, my two favorite colors. Of all the horses I have owned my favorite was my little Paint , he was the calmest and gentlest horse. Have fun with him.

The heat has backed down thank God. It nice and cool this morning. I have all the windows open and am enjoying the quiet instead of the hum of the A/C units. Those over 90 degree days were just too dang hot.

George & I had our pictures taken at church yesterday for the church directory. On the way there we said "we are not buying any extra photos just getting the 8X10 that the church is supplying." HAHAHA That didn't work, we of course bought 5X7's for the kids and a couple other shots. Figured we may not have another professional photo taken of us ever again.

Today have to wash the Explorer & get her decorated for the big bicentennial parade in Milton on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:52 am

TRUDY:
If you can, scan the photo and send it to me and I will post it here. Have fun at the parade!!

ELLEN:
I think I am going to drag out my clicker training book and work with Ivan. He really needs a job. Maybe I can get him to pick up things I drop while riding, like my camera...Rolling Eyes

I have to post this link before I lose it. This woman is fearless ROFL . So not me....

http://www.scarymommy.com/north-carolina-woman-catches-snake-in-house-viral/?utm_source=FB

Another hot day here.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 2:16 pm

That is a really funny video! hysterical I knew right off just who to send that link to.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 12:54 am

ELLEN:
 That video cracked me up!  Telling her kid to not scream while taping hysterical .  Snake wouldn't have heard it anyway.  I would have been making some noise!  

Whew! It was 92 degrees here this afternoon before the thunderstorms came thru.  Sweat City.  Lori came and we did a lesson with Areion.  My farmer's tan is doing great.  After Lori rode Areion, I rode her.  She was a little more reactive than she was the other day, but not bad.  She is an adventure to ride, that's for sure.  If I ever get comfy riding Areion, I will be a pretty good rider.  She is incredibly sensitive to cues and kindly puts up with me trying to figure them out....most of the time.  She tried out her new apple flavored Happy Mouth bit today and seemed to like it okay.  

I didn't get a photo of me on Areion, but did get some of Lori.  I forgot to ask her to take any of me.  My attention was on staying on and alive and forgot all about photos.

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 Goingl10
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 pm

That's a pretty silhouette. Very nice frame. She looks happy with her ears up, looking where she's going.

This is haircut weekend. See you all later. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 pm

We r just sitting waiting for va appraisal to be done....hate, HATE waiting.  Had inspection of home, well, septic....got insurance policy......geewhillikers...

Going to bbq for youngest grandsons birthday today....

Not doing much else ....walking dogs in the park once a day.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 am

ARK: I'll send a copy of our photo when they arrive. It will be a couple weeks. Thanks for posting photos for me, I just can't figure the darn thing out to send them myself.

The parade was a lot of fun. There were 154 units in the parade, we were number 54. It rained like heck in the morning but by the time to leave for the parade the rain had stopped and the sun came out.

After the parade we rushed home, had a quick dinner and I went to church to the play Titanic. WOW those people are so talented. It was a great play. I went with my ladies group and we had a fun time.

Hopefully we can rest this week. The A/C guy is FINALLY coming to put in the A/C units. We re getting the ones that sit on the wall and never have to be removed. I'll be so happy to get those noisy & heavy units outta the window.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am

Happy Fathers day to all our Dads of 2 and 4 legged kids.
Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Nice pics here!
ROSE, I love the new guy's looks -- and his name, too. And ARK is right: you look happy on him.
ARK, that pic of Lori on Areion is a winner, not only because of the accomplished rider on the gorgeous horse but for the sun and sky and clouds suggesting a perfect day in a very neat place.
Not so "neat": that SNAKE! I tackle a lot of things some might think unseemly for my age and gender, but snake-bagging isn't on the list. At least not yet. Maybe that woman would give lessons? She wrote the book on sang froid, and I could use some help on that for other matters.
ELLEN -That humidity you had back on Wednesday has elbowed its way in here. Your weather news is often my best weather forecast.

Debit card finally came yesterday, so I just ordered lawnmower parts and won't rest easy until I discover if my diagnosis was right. That's assuming I get all reassembled correctly. Ha ha. I'll let you know. Or maybe you'll know before then because you'll hear me swearing in IN and VA and AZ.

Latest excitement: Lucy (big dog, mostly Black Lab) went out with little dog Lily for last call last night, and Lily came right back but Lucy didn't, and I could hear her shrieking that frantic "I've-got--a-wild-WILD-animal-cornered" bark way out back somewhere. When she did reappear, she plunked her rear end down in the lilies of the valley near the front door and turned her head away from me, as if to say, "Oh, Mom, I don't know how to tell you this, but I've done it again. AGAIN! I'm just embarrassed beyond words..." Yes, PORCUPINE quills -- but this time there were only two, and they were on the tip of her nose, so I figured I could pull them out myself. (Well, I thought, at least she's learning SOMEthing, because, though this is her FOURTH quill acquisition, at least the quill count is shrinking.) Tried and tried but ended up driving her to a friend's this morning, where, even with two of us, and he a man, it took a while. But saved a long drive and a big bill (emergency service on a Sunday ). And I've probably said this before, but do porcupines roam about only on Saturday nights??? Ah, peace....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: TRUDY's George!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:06 pm

TRUDY:
 Here you go!  Handsome pair of dudes there!  sunny

wavy  wavy

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 George10

wavy  wavy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:48 pm

BEECH
Well now there is one thing I don't think I like about Maine: affraid Porcupines! affraid I don't know why we don't have them here, but I am thankful for it. Skunks and dogs are bad enough, having to have quills pulled out of the dog's face must be terrible! And you are right. Animal emergencies always happen on weekends, or holidays. Usually Christmas or Thanksgiving for us.
How are the beauty shop ladies doing? We haven't heard about them in some time. I finally broke down and had my hair whacked off. It is so much easier to deal with.
It was a nice day to ride Areion that day, but fairly hot. She usually is more mellow on hot days, but we all sweat a lot. Lori is coming back this coming Wednesday for another lesson.

ELLEN:
Thanks. Lori can make any horse look good Laughing , but she has a pretty horse to work with when she rides Areion! Very Happy They've been working on her head set lately. Areion likes to go with her nose in the air. One good thing, Areion is finally cantering on the correct lead in both directions, that took her a while. Areion can be a stubborn horse. Lori is more stubborn. Very Happy

CB:
Have you killed anything yet? Laughing Bureaucracy is slow everywhere. Hopefully you will get all the paperwork done soon on the house.

GRAYMARE:
You must be having fun. How are the mountains?

TRUDY:
I suspect if you are having problems posting pix here, it is because your photos coming off your camera or phone are too big for this website to handle. You need to reduce the photo size to no more than 600x800 pixels. I do it with a photoshop type of program on my computer, then send it to where I want to post it. You may be able to do it on your phone or camera with some setting.

After you reduce the size of your photo, here are the directions for posting pix here:

POSTING PHOTOS

1. Click on first t.v. icon (Host An Image) This will open up a screen.
2. Click green box "Select Files"
3. This will put you into your photos on your device. Click on your photo.
4. Click on px width for blogs or websites.
5. Click on the blue box next to your photo's name with the little arrow in it.
6. Click on the grey box that says "Insert All". This will send your photo to the posting box to where you left the cursor on the posting page.

And that's it! cheers

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am

I am a mighty inpatient type of vulture looking around seriously at what shall be my target....which drug induced talking to oneself pacing blithering fool it shall be...have to get her into a safe neighborhood
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am

ARK: Thanks for that info. I printed it out this time and will give it a try when I have some time to fool around. Thought I had my phone all figured out and it wasn't sending HUGE photos. Guess I was wrong. HAHAHA That darn Smart Phone tricks me evrytime.

CB: Try not to murder anyone. I don't want to see your face on I Almost Got Away With It. LOL One of George favorite shows.

BEECH: when we lived in Maine, I went across the border to go horse back riding with a girl who worked for George. When I got there one of her horses had gotten up close and personal with a porcupine and had a nose full of quills. Poor horse, they were yanking them right outta her nose. OUCH....

One of my horses got up close and personal with a skunk. Better than a porcupine but man did he STINK. He loved to chase my black and white cat thru the field with his nose on the ground trailing him like a dog only it wasn't Tuffy he was trailing, got it right in the face. He never chased Tuffy again.

Off to the garage with my SUV this morning, then a stop at Sam's Club. The A/C guy says HAHAHAHAHA he is going to come today. We shall see if he shows up or not. It's only been 3 months since we ordered the new units.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Beech, at least Lucy came home to get help instead of panicking and running aimlessly. Those porcupine quills can really cause problems.
Are you having heat and humidity this week? That's what we had last week. Yesterday was on and off rain. Today is gorgeous with high 70s and a few fluffy clouds lazily floating by.

Trudy, I'm glad there are people like you and George who volunteer for the things you do.
I hope you have nice cool air in your house by the end of the day. I've had trouble with my AC and will probably have to do something about it in the next year or two IF it lasts that long. The guy I've been talking to has been recommending the mini-split system, and talking about how economically they run. Let me know how you like yours.

CB, is the paperwork done yet? Do you still have any hair left after pulling it all out with impatience?

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Still waiting on the va appraiser. They sure take their sweet time. Stress is making me shed i swear.....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 am

CB
Sorry you are still waiting....and waiting....

ELLEN:
We don't have air conditioning here. Hopefully we will when we ever get the heatpump installed, but I am not holding my breath. The good news is, though, we are at 2000 feet elevation and don't get as hot as it does in eastern VA or down in NC. We open our windows at night to cool the house and then close them during hot weather during the day. It works pretty well most of the time. That and ceiling fans. I won't know how to act if we ever get air conditioning! Laughing

It was pretty today. I was going to mow, but someone who will remain nameless forgot to put the lawn mower key back where it goes and I couldn't find it. Oh, well. I read a book instead! When the nameless one got home, he raked the arena and trimmed Areion's feet so I will have a nicer lesson on her tomorrow. Maybe I will mow tomorrow evening....

They are calling for rain off some tropical storm coming in this weekend. I don't think they are certain about it yet. They cancelled a charity ride that was going to be held on Saturday.

I sure hope GRAYMARE and company are okay! I heard it was 120 degrees in Phoenix today! affraid Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2017...Summer time!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next