Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JANUARY 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Indyapp

JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Google maps would be great if Bill Googled. ROFL Bill does not do computers of any kind. ROFL He knows where Simpson street is so he should be able to find it. Me? I'll be at work. He's a big boy, he'll figure it out. ROFL

You had to come all the way up to Goshen for the shot? I hope you had other things to do while you were up this way.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Indy, I went on the website for scheduling appointments for the shots and started with my county.  The two locations in this country were booked up for months ahead.  I don't know if that was accurate or not.  My neighbors' son got them scheduled in other areas.  So, I decided to try that too.  Goshen was not all that far away, so I grabbed the earliest date I could get.  It was well worth the trip to get half of my-out-of-jail card.
Since I made that appointment, this county has opened some additional places.
Goshen is about half an hour from me, so not all that far.  I did go to the yarn shop while I was there.  I had a broken knitting needle that they had sent me.  The store was most accommodating and replaced the needle with no problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 12:34 am

ELLEN:
It's good to hear you didn't have much in the way of vaccine reactions! I will be taking it regardless, just wish it was already available here. I won't know how to act inside a restaurant anymore. Rolling Eyes

INDYAPP:
I like the idea of using the watch for a phone on trail rides, too. My (kinda stupid) phone won't support my watch. I would have to carry Donnie's phone in a pocket and he would use my phone, then I could call him on my watch. I hate to replace a phone that generally does a good job, but I want a phone that supports the watch. My watch picks up Donnie's texts and phone calls! Laughing It needs to be attached to my phone, not his. This watch was Donnie's idea.... with a new phone, he will really be paying for that idea!
I also like having the temps and weather info on my watch. I have always been a clock/thermometer fan, this watch just has all my favorite stuff.... and a Dick Tracy phone.. Very Happy

It was really cold and windy last night. Windchills down below 10 degrees. Horses are wearing their blankets until tomorrow when the temps will go back up to 39. We got a couple of inches of snow and ice and may get up to 6 inches on Saturday night and Sunday. Ewwww...... How many days until spring? I think groundhog day is coming up this week. I am sure he will know. ROFL
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Happy last day of January.  Now onto Feb...Big Nor'eastern headed our way today.  The snow has already arrived here.  Supposed to snow for 3 days straight and get 12 to 18 inches of the lovely white stuff.   It ruined my plans of going to the church Christmas concert that they rescheduled for tonight.  Darn it...Oh well...never leave the farm when the roads are bad especially at night.

Last week me and my girls had a birthday lunch for our friend Beverly.  We had a blast and the people at the little restaurant even joined in on the fun time.  

Our neighbor Joe turned 90 on Friday and we had a card party for him.  He received 232 cards. So far he has only opened about 50 of them.  His kids and grand kids came over to celebrate with him on Saturday.  His wife brought us cake today.  YUMMMM  It's a miracle he made it to 90, 2 open heart surgeries in the last couple of years and was hospitalized with Covid...He's a tough old Army guy.  He was POW in Korea...

Stay healthy and safe everyone.  
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:45 pm

We got snow last night. Maybe 5 inches. The "boys" (late 30s boys) are out playing in the snow with their toys. The toys are quads with a blade, Travis' big snowblower, and some snowmobiles. At the moment, it is 32°, so not all that cold.
The county snowplow came by, which means that the main roads are pretty well cleared. Our little isolated road is very low on the priority list, so when they come here, the bigger roads are good.
I will happily continue knitting a ski sweater today.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:46 pm

Uggghhhh!!! We got 6 inches of snow. Ewwww.... It looks pretty, but slogging down to the barn is not much fun. Now it is lightly, misty raining on top of it, so we will have crunchy snow soon. Donnie is about to drag out the snow blower. Hope it works. I've been to the barn once to feed the herd, but need to go back to try to clean the barn.

The health department called and we are now scheduled for Covid shots on March 2nd!! wavy Never thought I would be thrilled to get a shot.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:00 pm

Well, so far, covid shots are back logged in AZ...............so I'll be one of the unvaccinated. So far.
Our governor is ordering through the federal government rather than through the state..............
HELLO? Just get them.

We had a very nice afternoon. Sunny & breezy, about 65. Winter seems to be from the midwest
to the east coast.................stay warm everybody and safe. TRUDY, glad you
paid attention and stayed home from the church program.

On 60 Minutes tonight it seems our DNA and data are everywhere...............my mind can't absorb
all the info.........I'm too old and busy trying to find a covid shot. The uptake I got was
don't have your DNA tested...........I don't need artificial intelligence............I need plain ole
intelligence as we knew/thought it to be............maybe it's gone..............LOL

Welcome February............. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:18 pm

It's been a while back that I heard that the DNA testing sites own the test results and can sell them to whomever they want. I definitely won't be doing that. A whole bunch of years ago, my mother did all the geneology work the old fashioned way, writing letters.
I guess I'm just to shallow to care where my ancestors came from a thousand years ago. It won't change my life to have that information.
If you have Netflix, watch the documentary called, "Social Dilemma". Very eye-opening. A neighbor invited me to watch it with her last summer.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 pm

We don't plan to do the DNA registries either. Unfortunately, people who do it also include info on all their relatives.

Time to change the calendar. January wasn't really a very nice month. Let's hope February makes up for it!

Go to:
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t114-february-2021#13255

Or click on Basket then February 2021. cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2021   JANUARY 2021 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

JANUARY 2021
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4