Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2012

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Ol'Man
Manygatess
Indyapp
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

November 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am

Graymare, several times throughout the season, Bowyer tagged Gordon enough to take him out of some races. At 200 miles per hour, it doesn't take much of a touch to make that happen. In the Phoenix race, Bowyer did it again, causing Gordon to crash when he had a good chance of finishing in the top 5. Gordon stayed on the track and waited for Bowyer to come around and then he intentionally bumped him a good one, making Bowyer crash. That's why he was fined.
Then, when Jeff did take his car to the pits, Bowyer followed him, got out of his car and went after Jeff with fists flying. Jeff's crew pinned him against a trailer and kept him from getting into it. Meanwhile, all the rest of both crews got into a huge melee.
Jeff is not usually a fighter. He's gotten in a couple of chest bumping matches before, but nothing as blatant as sitting and waiting for a guy to come around.
Bowyer has had some history of causing wrecks.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 am

Donna, its good to hear those Gdauthers are doing so good and getting their schooling and going forward in their lives. You were a big influence for them, pat yourself on the back and enjoy their shenanigans too! they seem quite the pair! LOL

Inday Ap...don't go trying the hospital!

Ol Man, wishing Virginia all the best! glad she had good care, makes the ordeal of any surgery so much more tolerable! Tell her Harry and I and Jessi say Hello and get well soon! Jessi and her hubby Joey and their 3 girls went riding at the arena today, the girls are becoming good lil riders! They are Bailey age 5, Audrey age 9 and Brenna age 12. Bailey is fearless! She can canter without her stirrups now and she knows all the play day patterns...you'd love to see her do them.! I so enjoy it.

ROSE, bout dang time Lady! Good for Robin on the job change, hope she loves it. Sooooo sorry to hear about your horse. (((HUGS))) You are doing good work with the rescue and adoptions...i'm proud of you. It's really good to see you on here, have missed you and your posts.

Went to the arena to watch the kids ride today, Harry got Rocky trimmed, he did pretty good! He has such a pleasing personality. We moved all the smaller pens around on grass today so they could have some nibbles. All in all a nice weather nice plessant day...

Sweet Dreams Y'all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:08 am

Snoop here: The bird is gone...all the pies finished up...it was a good trip. We are in Phoenix airport waiting to catch plane to NC. And before RICK gets fussed at...it is 11:00 PM Phoenix time...

Glad to see everybody check in...

Our love to all...SNOOP & Rick
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:35 am

6:30 North Carolina time...and we are closer to being home. We are in Charlotte NC airport after a smooth/quiet flight from Phoenix, AZ.

Sure wish I had some of Uncle Jesse's pumpkin pie or his chocolate / banana pie to eat. I'm hungry and Rick won't get us breakfast. Crying or Very sad

Love to all, SNOOP
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Ol Man and CB, I have no intention of visiting any hopital any time soon. Not as a visitor nor a patient not even to try the food. Besides, I've had enough food the last few days to last me a while.

Well, besides the mailbox, I got the extension cords all strung ready to plug in the water heaters when necessary and the hose rearranged so it doesn't freeze in the winter. Still don't have water in the barn so in the winter have to run a hose out from the house to water. I figure why bother getting water in the barn at this point. Been watering this way for more than 40 years, I got the routine down pretty good by now. Just that sometimes I don't get everything switched around before that first time I need to put water out and the hose is frozen. Not this year!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh yes....I remember those days of heated buckets, and tank heaters, and frozen hoses....such a fond memory...NOT...I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that here! We are still wearing tank tops or tshirts....its great....ask me when its been over a 100 for six weeks in the summer and I may have a different story...but for now, its been absolutely wonderful! Both hubby and I feel better with our arthritis also. bounce been more active too!

I can honestly say, I won't miss those cold freezing temps at all. We do want to do some traveling, but we have a lot to do here first that will take our traveling money. Hubby and I will go up to get the motorhome (the Beast) in the spring and see the kids and gkids at least...that will be our traveling for the year I'm afraid until we get all the fences up we want here, and our septic system put in....and buy hay for next winter....gotz lots to do! Remove cactus, mistletoe, and a plant with yellow flowers and finish the fences, build a big porch onto the camper...LOTS to do!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

This is from the other forum. Barbara writes:

I just got some bad news from Candy... aka Spunkybutt..... she heard from Matt, HT's son that John is in the hospital ICU having had a stroke, a bad one. Matt is asking for prayers.... Candy is down in Fla. on holiday and has no other information at this time... just asked me to post this knowing everyone would want to add a prayer for him.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Prayers going up for him..... Strokes are nasty business.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks Ellen
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:30 am

That is rough for HT, sending HUMS his way. Probably a bad time of the year for him to be thinking about also.

I don't remember a spunkybutt....sorry...but glad she is keeping us posted.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: MORNING   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 am

Morning FOOPS....

I saw that notice about HT on AMMI this morning. Prayers going up from here. Hope that he can recover well. Strokes are nasty as we all know.

Beautiful day here today, DUMPING DAY......lobster season opens. It is always a big deal to go watch the boats leaving the wharf at 6 a.m., very pretty as it is still dark. I for one have never gone, rely on others to post pictures, lol.

My vacation is coming to an end, think Jack is coming home Friday. It has been lovely, no mess except what I make, no meals to cook, no "where is" questions! No deer yet either, that I don't care about, Laughing

Have to get moving. Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:10 am

(((((((((((HT)))))))))))) Prayers for John.....Does anyone have an address we can send cards to? What a year he has had.......

Ol'man
Gentle hugs for Virginia. Prayers that she recovers quickly and completely.

Donna
Great to see you! It is hard to believe enough time has gone by for your grand daughters to be all grown up. Sorry about your vacation ending.

Rose
I am so sorry about your horse. How old was he? Great work with the dog rescue!!! It is wonderful to have you posting again!

We are feeling a bit of the empiy nest syndrome here simce delivering Annie to KY. The house is so much quieter....and I miss my barn slave, LOL. She'll be back in June.

Donnie finally found the water leak going down to the barn!!!!! He still has to cover everything back up. Darkness comes way too fast this time of year.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am

Well Crap. I didn't need to see that this morning.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Indy, do you have an address for John?
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 pm

No. All I have is his cell phone and I am hesitant to call that right now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am

Well, the DWTS season is over for a few more months. It was the best season so far, by a lot. The final two couples were excellent and I would have been happy no matter which won got it. I can't imagine how they will do another season as good as this one was.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Here is an update on HT that was posted by his sister on Facebook from his son Matt.

Matthew Conrad
for an update on John Sr.
It looks like we are in for a long rehab recovery. Dad is unable to move his left side. I guess if there is one good thing about him having a stroke, it is that he had it in his right hemisphere of his brain. The things that are effected by a stroke there are art, music, the left side of the body, and his emotions. He is right handed so he still has his strong side to work with, and I have always wondered about his artistic/musical/emotional abilities anyways. Maybe it will keep him from getting too down about the whole incident. He seems to be much more physicly stable this morning. His heart is still in an arhythmia, but seems to be controlled in rate. His lungs have been a problem, but they have been able to wean his oxygen down considerably. I have been told they may try and get him out of the ICU today and back to the stroke floor. I am very thankful to all of you who have supported and prayed for my father and our family, I ask that you please continue and keep us in your prayers
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm

htanks for the update Indayapp....and the news sounds promising for HT. Will still HUM for his recovery and use of the stricken side to return.

I know with my dieabetes I worry about going blind...I think that would be so darn hard to deal with....but I'm trying to take better care of myself to ward off any problems....so I can think how hard it would be for an active person to lose part of the use of his body...that will be hard for him....but nothing he can't handle with support from all of us and family...and good medical care.

a beautiful day we are having today...74 degrees and sunshine...blue skies....woohoooooooo....can't complain there.

Hubb is out digging up cactus and making a huge pile to burn later....making new runs for the hroses....yippee skippee!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Well, healing isn't rapid after a stroke but it sure was nice to read of John's status......glad things are "fixable" with time and that his speech and cognition are fine.................a miracle right there. PRAYERS from here, and frankly, all are in prayer as we have many health issues facing our foop family.

Poor Ima had a bit of a setback yesterday. She is in choir, and now the kids are "touring", singing for Christmas holidays. She didn't want to go, and had a bit of an attitude which I cured right off, explaining to her that she just plumb would NOT be riding after Christmas at all if she couldn't straighten right up. She went off pouting and had a talk with White Mare I guess. She came back in a bit, gave me a hug and said she was sorry...................................THERE YA GO. Christmas LOVE. She is all excited as she might get to ride Faith next semester. I told her to sing her best........oh brother, she thought I meant for her to sing for me. It was so touching as she sang Away In A Manger. Seriously, put big tears in my eyes. SO, I've already had a bit of Christmas. Some days are just plain blessed.

Now, Sunday night the AZ COYOTES (Hockey team) all came out and gave all the kids a HUGE PARTY. I wasn't there, but Ima said it was "so fun" and everybody got big presents..................and then close to Christmas the AZ CARDINALS (football team) come out and do it all over again..........and thanks to both we will have our new arena soon. Our cattle program has started, and some of the kids are doing cattle.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am

What a great post Graymare!!! I sure love hearing about the successes of your program. Great that the sports teams are getting in on the action too. They always have tremendous influence on kids!!!! Whahoo .... way to go Ima!!!!! White mare must have known just the right thing to say....
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm

How is Virginia doing Gene???? please let us know ....

Prayers going up for our Foop family.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

We had a great Thanksgiving, son cooked turkey and brought it in for olman and Virginia. Grandson is taking ROTC making his grades and I think genuinely likes college.
He is a 5 ft 11 and 30/32 inches, not 6 ft yet. Told me he didn't think could grow more. He just smiles when I claim 6'5 and 200 lbs.

Anybody see that NY cop that bought new shoes for a homeless man? wish we could do that as foops------

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Ol man and Virginia, glad you had a great holiday and turkey.....your grand son is a bean pole, eh? I have to laff at the 6 five also....LOL

We have always adopted a family at xmas and taken a few food boxes and things for xmas....this year it will be a military family that fell on hard times....there are several friends of Jessi and Joey and us too, going in on a good Christmas for thsm. There are others that are being helped out too....

we don't have a lot compared to some, but I have enuf to be happy and safe, warm, and dry..and my pets and horses....and a hubby who tolerates it all...snd to
share what we have with someone is nice.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 pm

FIRST TIME SEX

A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday

night to meet & have dinner with her

parents.

Since this is such a big event, the girl announces to

her boyfriend that after dinner, she would like

to go out & make love for the first time. The boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so

he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some

condoms. He tells the pharmacist it's his first

time & the pharmacist helps the boy

for about an hour. He tells the boy everything

there is to know about condoms & sex. At the

register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many

condoms he'd like to buy, a 3-pack, 10-pack, or

family pack.

The boy insists on the family pack because he thinks he

will be rather busy, it being his first time & all. That night, the boy shows up at the girl's parents

house & meets his girlfriend at the door.

'Oh, I'm so excited for you to meet my parents,

come on in!'

The boy goes inside & is taken to the dinner table

where the girl's parents are seated. The boy

quickly offers to say grace & bows his head.

A minute passes & the boy is still deep in

prayer, with his head down. 10 minutes pass & still no movement from the

boy. Finally, after 20 minutes with his head

down, the girlfriend leans over & whispers

to the boyfriend, 'I had no idea you were this

religious.'

The boy turns & whispers back, 'I had no idea your

father was a pharmacist.'

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 am

Oops. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ol'man, it's good to hear that your grandson is doing well, and that your son fixed dinner for you.

CB, it's fun to do things for people that are unexpected. I do that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next