Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2012

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Ol'Man
Manygatess
Indyapp
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

November 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm

happy belated birthday Eileen, my facebook calendar notified me a day late I hope you had a wounderful day with cake and Ice cream, and a happy birthday to your mom on friday, hope she has a wounderful day,lunch or dinner and of course cake and ice cream
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Hope your day was a good one Eileen...and safe travels. A nice present to you, taking off for warmer climates! I'm not jealous at all this year tho! LOL...I have those blue skies with sunshine myself now....and so far am lovin it! Ask me when it is 115 and see what I say ...heheheh!

RICK where are you? How is CArols trip going?

Well, back to unpacking some things and cleaning house....gee....thought I was going to get away from all that cleaning....yeah right... Sad
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 am

Y'all might not see much of me for a few days. bounce Woohoo! I got my embroidery machine today. It's going to take a lot of learning to get the most out of it. I don't have to go to work for several days in a row, so I'll be working on making Christmas presents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 am

Good for you ELLEN, have fun with your new toy!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Merry Christmas to you Ellen! Have fun...santa has to start early in some parts of the world! Laughing

Another nice day here....heaters off early and fans already on....am off to the showers while hubby goes and gets more hay in, and then its to the grocery store to stock up...busy day. He shampooed the carpets with our lil shampooer...and I mopped the floor in the kitchen and did dishes...so now its off to the shower with me hi ho ....

Hope everyone has a great day! ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm

OK...I guess I can't hide forever can I?

Left out Sunday afternoon late and 1789 miles later, I was back home yesterday afternoon. Usual "stuff" going on, but I'm determined to NOT let it get next to me. I'm just getting too old for those hassles. Boss has been good about NOT loading me down with impossible stuff.

I will be leaving here Saturday morning to go spend the week with Miss Laurie out in Cali-forn-i-a. And, of course, looking forward to T-day and all that that entails.

Carol has been working on her scrapbook from her cruise trip...she'd doing her usual GREAT job with it. She was gone Oct. 22 returned Nov.3....started in Venice, Italy...did parts of Italy, and also parts of Croatia, and Montenegro. Touched base in Malta, and Sicily (part of Italy) and returned home from Rome, Italy. She did NOT have time to see any of Rome...they docked the ship and scurried to the airport for return flight home. She has NOT stopped talking yet!!

Weather here today is overcast and cool...I just might fire up the woodstove after awhile and enjoy some of my firewood I worked so hard on last year.

Love to all..Rick and Snoop

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 pm

hey Rick how is your daughter doing she is missing in action here and so we are all wondering what she is up to, send her our regards and hope all is well with her, and glad you finaly checked in I thought you ran away, have a great visit with your daughter and have a great turkey day,
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Would ya believe it... my car failed its Test! Crying or Very sad The rear left suspension was faulty & leaking, so today it was back to the garage to have it replaced - then re-test next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for the next time! Like I said, it's starting to cost me more than a new (well, 2nd hand!) car. I blame the roads - we have some mighty potholes here, all on the side of the road where you drive. Some drivers have disappeared into one and never been seen again....

Yes, TREC is great fun, and challenging too when you want it to be. But I also like the way it makes horse and rider work together for all the obstacles, Zaristo and I are far more a partnership than we ever were doing dressage only. When I read on here about what you do with your horses, it definitely sounds like TREC stuff - moving the horse around and so on.
I'm on our regional committee and we're meeting next Monday to plan our programme for some of next year, gives us all something to look forward to over the winter.

Ellen - that embroidery machine sounds like something special if you're hiding away for a few days to play!
And Rick - what a fabulous trip Carol has had! Some beautiful parts of the world right there, very ancient and full of history.

CB - I'm coming to TX next month! But, alas, probably won't be able to meet up with you this time. My son has the kiddies to stay for New Years until school starts up again, so I'll spend my time with them and only have a couple of days over before I fly back here.
But I'll be back in the summer - and you'll be more settled in by then too.... so, I'd love if we could meet up then.
I like the sound of your horse Club, you're lucky to land in a place where there is organised riding fun like that.

It sounds like you're all getting ready for Thanksgiving? Must be this weekend?
Happy thanksgiving to all! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Silverdancer, a machine like this is something I've wanted for about 10 years. The first one I thought I wanted looks like a toy compared to what I actually have. I like to say it will do everything but cook breakfast, and it will draw pictures of it. If you go to HusqvarnaViking.com and then look for the Diamond Deluxe, you'll see what I have. If I were not working at a Viking store to get the employee discount, I'd still be wishing for this machine for the rest of my life.
I've been playing with it yesterday and today and doing some cute Christmas designs.

I'm sorry about your car not passing. I hope it isn't too expensive to get it fixed and that it will then pass inspection.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm

:dance: Happy Birthday Dawn (Sunny) :dance: Hope it was a great day for ya! and you enjoyed your dinner...what did your daughter fix?

and mooooooooooooony moooooooooore happy ones ahead....
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:49 am

my daughter took me shoe shoping which I needed then went to her house and she made me a layerd meat loaf which was great, my grand daughter made me a cake and homemade cream cheese icing yummmmmy,so I had a great day,
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:10 am

SNOOP HERE....waving my hand. It's ALWAYS my birthday whenever anyone else celebrates theirs...especially when there's food involved.!!

We are in Airport 45 ,minutes early...

I gonna help JESSE again this year. I get to be his taste tester!!

Love to all...SNOOP the ever helpful one!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 am

Happy Birthday Sunny and Eileen!!!!!!

Ellen
As I remember, your birthday is in November, also. Happy Birthday to you, too!!!!!!! Is your new embroidery
machine your birthday present? Be sure to post pix of those Christmas presents you make with it. I would love to see them.

Rick
What are you saving for? I thought you were only filling in as a truck driver for a little while. I am very glad you posted. Where is Carol's next adventure? Sounds like a good trip she just had!

Silverdancer
Sorry about the car test. Hope it passes the next one.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 am

Ark, this is my birthday, Christmas, New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Columbus Day present for years to come. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Carol's next adventure will be AFTER she retires in March, 2013. We don't know yet where tha destination will be. I'm ALWAYS up for returning to anywhere in the UK. She is talking about the Scandanavian countries....and I "might" be persuaded to do that area of the world.

"Fill in truck driver" is actually mor of a "part-time" job. I've been making a turn around trip up into PA once per week for several weeks. Used to make that turnaround twice a week and it really wore me out. My mindset...as well as boss's mindset...is different now. I won't call it fun or pleasant , but it is tolerable. Little bit of pocket change helps too.

As I am writing this, I'm in an airport lounge in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas...have another hour and half before next flight that carries me on into Sacramento.

My love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Rick, you will enjoy Finnish food. My neighbor came from Finland years ago, but she still makes some Finnish dishes and they are GOOD!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

SD, would love to meet with you anytime you have the time and are in TX!

Sunny, glad you had a good day!

Rick, tell that MIA daughter that we said HI!

Ellen, Happy Birthday too! You deserve something nice to play with! for years to come, sounds like a great present! Good for you.

Coudy today, rain in the forecast, hope to get our ride in before it does tho....and chili is simmering in the crockpot for dinner....
We got our Direct Tv back on finally, and watching the xmas shows...I love them...all happy and xmasy....makes ya feel good shows...

Have a great Sunday Y'all.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm

CB - me too! Watched 'Home Alone' on TV this afternoon - really put me in the mood for seeing the kiddies next month.
But isn't it early for Christmas stuff? Y'all haven't had your Thanksgiving yet, I think.

It's blowing a gale outside here tonight, that'll certainly strip the last stubborn leaves off the trees. Must be the wind direction, but I lit a fire this evening just for the cosy look of it, and that darn wind is blowing smoke right back down the chimney.... Mad

RICK - don't forget to visit Ireland some time... bounce Did you say you visited many years ago? I was playing around on the computer's Youtube last night and decided to look for 'Riverdance' (the original short stage interlude in Dublin during the Eurovision Song Contest) and still think it is brilliant - Trad Irish Dancing brought up to date with a Wow factor.

Happy Birthday to everyone whose birthday it is, or was, or is about to be soon (Sunny, Ellen, Eileen, sorry I don't know everyone's b'day dates)!

Right, better go back and check that smokey fire (no worries, I DID put the spark guard in front...!).

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm

SD, it is early, our Thanksgiving is this Thursday...and the Black Friday sales will start...Ilike to go...don't buy much, but just gets me out and about and I'm a people watcher...and sometimes run across a really good buy!

Went riding yesterday and my mare Cinnamon came up lame...just out of the blue,...we had ridden about an hour...at a walk or slow trot...so I ended up walking her backin...the others took a longer ride and then caught up with me just as I was walking back in to the yard with her.....she was really ouchy by time we got back. I put her on bute and we'll see....I am too old to go horse shopping so she had better get alright!

Today Rocket is getting his feet trimmed, possibly shoes we'll see...how he does with the trimming first.

It is spose to be in the 70's this week...I LIKE!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Rick ... hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your daughter/family!!!!

CB .. sorry your mare came up lame for you .... That is a BUMMER!!!!! I know because I had issues with Ice this summer and it is nasty when you can't use them. ((( )))
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm

thanks Carol, how is AZ? We are having great weather here....i went out to clean the doggie yards this morning in my shorts/pj's....it was great...GREAT...G..R..E..A..T.....well y'all get my drift here.... bounce ClappingHands wavy bouncy rake this is what hubby did when I left the rake on the ground... Laughing this is what he said... Shocked Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil this is the look I gave him Rolling Eyes tongue Wink this is what he did affraid No scratch he hasn't learned in all these years to take me as I am... shrug what am I gonna do with him hug him any ol way I guess! and make him Drool for more hug & jocolor and maybe one of these in the toilet bowl cherry bom and watch him go pale affraid and then I'll sit back and have a few wine coolers while he is peeling his self off the ceiling drunken tongue tongue will he be suspecting another Suspect nah he'll just say I love you u lil monkey clown but remember santa & his rendeer willing be coming soon sweetie pie Wink Twisted Evil Idea as I go silent the end
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 am

CB, are you sure you hadn't had a few wine coolers when you wrote that post? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Naaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....all extra money is going on the hay! Nuthin good to sip! Sad But that's ok, I'm more of an ice tea and diet coke with lime gal! If I thought drinking would make me lose weight I'd happily inbibe! but after watching my friend Lyn pass and having lost so much weight and what she went thru havn't touched anything since! That was awful to see..I know the cancer wasn't caused by the drinking but she stopped eating she was drinking so much and had nothing left to fight the cancer....so sad to see her and her loved ones go thru. I'm gonna butt into personal lives here and say if any of our loved foops or foopettes have a drinking problem, please get help NOW. I had a hard time watching a friend go down the tubes and I don't want that to happen to any of you or me and my loved ones.

So nope...just in a good mood...nice weather, relaxing day, getting some things done around the hacienda...feels good. My joints are feeling better, I figured I wouldn't be able to walk after my long walk home the day before....so am feeling better thruout...and that feels good.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm

What a riot Graymare .,,... happy happy dog .... just give him a board of any kind and he can make it work for him...... GREAT one!!!! thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

CB
I am so glad you are enjoying your new home! No more frozen days!! Sorry about your friend...

Ellen
I think it is great that you got yourself an embroidery machine for your birthday/Christmas/every other holiday gift for the next several years!!! Sooooo,what have you made so far?

Rick
Enjoy your trip and say hi to Laura for us.

Graymare
Darn. I will look at the video as soon as i am in a wifi spot. Donnie is working on our internet antenna tower and we should have a decent connection soon! He is also working on three other things involving concrete and digging holes....

Carol
So how was your trip? Are you all set up for winter?

Silverdancer
Do you ride at all during winter? They started putting out Christmas stuff in the stores before Halloween here. I don't like that much.

My sister, Annie, is very excited about Black Friday. I think she would give up eating for a week if that was required to battle the crowds in a shopping frenzy, LOL. She has almost all her Christmas gifts done, so I am not sure why shopping in the middle of the night after a long Thanksgiving day appeals to her so much. I will be there with her anyway...

We took her and Trinket along with Ivan and me to the obstacle course playdate last Sat. Annie and Trinket were a hit with the group! They were very cute. They beat several of the other horse and rider teams. She got a little ribbon and was absolutely thrilled! It is her first ever ribbon.

Ivan was wired, although traveled better with Trinket along.

We are off to Kentucky at 4:30a.m. tomorrow. Be back Sunday. Everyone have a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next