Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2012

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Ol'Man
Manygatess
Indyapp
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

November 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

CB
I am so glad you are enjoying your new home! No more frozen days!! Sorry about your friend...

Ellen
I think it is great that you got yourself an embroidery machine for your birthday/Christmas/every other holiday gift for the next several years!!! Sooooo,what have you made so far?

Rick
Enjoy your trip and say hi to Laura for us.

Graymare
Darn. I will look at the video as soon as i am in a wifi spot. Donnie is working on our internet antenna tower and we should have a decent connection soon! He is also working on three other things involving concrete and digging holes....

Carol
So how was your trip? Are you all set up for winter?

Silverdancer
Do you ride at all during winter? They started putting out Christmas stuff in the stores before Halloween here. I don't like that much.

My sister, Annie, is very excited about Black Friday. I think she would give up eating for a week if that was required to battle the crowds in a shopping frenzy, LOL. She has almost all her Christmas gifts done, so I am not sure why shopping in the middle of the night after a long Thanksgiving day appeals to her so much. I will be there with her anyway...

We took her and Trinket along with Ivan and me to the obstacle course playdate last Sat. Annie and Trinket were a hit with the group! They were very cute. They beat several of the other horse and rider teams. She got a little ribbon and was absolutely thrilled! It is her first ever ribbon.

Ivan was wired, although traveled better with Trinket along.

We are off to Kentucky at 4:30a.m. tomorrow. Be back Sunday. Everyone have a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:42 am

Ark, and anyone else that is traveling, have a safe trip.

Graymare, I think that dog and his owner were on a doggie reality tv show a few years back. The dog was pretty cool, the owner an ass.

Similar to CB, I have a soapbox about smoking. I watched my father suffer from lung cancer and I never felt so helpless in my life. Sorry folks, I get maudlin around the holidays.

On a much happier note, I took my Great Neice and her mom to get Madison's First Christmas picture taken yesterday. I always wished my parents took more pictures of my brother and I when we were little so this is my Christmas picture to the kids. They will have enough pictures in various sizes to give all the grandparents and aunts and uncles pictures if they want to. I just had a blast getting to watch.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm off to work, and then to spend Thanksgiving with cousins. See you all in a couple of days.
I wish everybody a wonderful, too-much-to-eat Thanksgiving. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:23 pm

HI EVERYONE, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I'm sending my wishes and blessings to you now as I might not get to sit down again until tomorrow night.

Here's to starting a blessed holiday season:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vcmfCXwAFs

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm celebrating - yippee - car passed its Test today! Very Happy Safe for another year now to travel around and take my horsy too.
And wishing everyone here a great celebration too... Happy Thanksgiving to all, and wishing you all safe and well. cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm

I too am sending early happy thanksgiving as I will be at my daughter's house helping prepare a yummmmy dinner and going to stuff myself like the turkey and lots of pumpkin pie, apple pie, and maybe red velvet cake, so I hope everyone has a wonderful day and maybe even lucky enough to get a trail ride in
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:59 am

Happy Turkey Day my friends.

Have a wonderful safe holiday with family and friends. Don't eat too much turkey and pumpkin pie..Don't forget to give thanks for all our blessings.

We are having dinner with friends and tomorrow I'll make a small turkey with all the trimmings so we can have Thanksgiving "left overs" with family.

My friend Barb & I started taking Tai Chi lessons yesterday, my whole body hurts this morning. Used muscles I have not used in years, even though it's a very low impact workout. And I thought I was in pretty good shape. HA HA HA The woman who gives the lesson is 84, yes 84 and she is amazing, she started taking lessons in her 60's when her arthritis started acting up. Hope I can be that healthy at her age.

CB: So happy to hear you are settled in warmer weather and back with Harry full time.

ARK: Tell Annie congrats on her first ribbon. What an accomplishment, for someone who never fooled around with horses before.

BLACK FRIDAY...not my cup of tea...I am not a good shopper in crowds. Have fun anyone who is brave enough to get out there and brave the crowds.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy family and friends and the FOOD!
Razz

For those traveling, be safe!

TRUDY< so far I love it here....been keeping us busy, building pens, digging out cactus
, unpacking, getting some horse time in there too, which I really enjoy!

IndyApp, great idea on the pics!

Make cherished memories y'all.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Happy Thanksgiving gang!!!! Have a good one and lets all count our blessings!!!! Hugs all around.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi from Miss Laurie!
Enjoying Dad's visit, & having our usual good time adventures! Dad was filling me in on everyone, & I kept thinking that it would be so easy to keep up with you all if you're on Facebook~ I am listed as Laura Cartner Ontiveros, if you can find me, but I have my privacy settings pretty locked down so you may not be able to find me through a search. But, if you do find me, please friend me as I'd love to keep up with you all!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! God is good and has blessed us with so much! Much love and hugs to each of you!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

SNOOP here...taking a break from helping JESSE in the kitchen...he's teaching me how to be the official taste tester...I like the chocolate stuff the best.

My tummy hurts...

Love to all...Snoop...about to get RICK's lazy butt outta bed!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Hope everyone had a good day...................our family movie was Madea's Witness Protection Plan................at least I think that's the title. I'm still laughing so hard, I'm not sure. Seriously, HYSTERICAL.

God bless. Prayers that all is well and everyone had a good batch of family fun & food today.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am

Laundry is done for another week, and dumpy is dumped...it is so beautiful at the military campground. It is right on the Lake and trees...so peaceful.
Then we hit the Wal Mart sales...they had tvs on sale and we needed something bigger than our lil 9 inch one...a 24 inch one will fit just fine...and won't give us eye strain anymore! Merry christmas to us!

I'm beat, boy the stores were a real jumble full of folks and carts looking for those best buys. CRAAAZEEEEEE wicked entertainment! tongue affraid bounce

Hope y'all had a great day!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:31 pm

SD, that is good news about your vehicle passing! We have inspections here in TX too....has me worried! I think we are going to license in Idaho this year still...and there is one acre near the fairgrounds for sale....we are thinking of buying that so we have some land in Idaho still to keep our vehicles licensed there, its cheaper and the car insurance is cheaper if you live up there also...

how's everyone feel after a big day of eatin?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Good day. I'm just back from doing a couple of barns while friends are off with family. ...................Anyhow, my day started at 0 dark 30 so I decided to call and see if daughter wanted to go to Black Friday santa rendeer queen ...........................oh boy, a great joke in my mind, not so funny in hers. Of course, that makes it funnier, as 10 yrs ago she LOVED Black Friday. LMAO. So, we are going for a "girl's lunch out" at 1P.......she gathered a couple of friends and we're all going. My price to attend is one beer or one glass of wine for each of the girls...........................we're going to an Italian rest that has GREAT meatball sandwiches..........

Hope everyone is having some good fun..............God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 am

Hi from KY!
We have had a good time here at my sister's house. Vicki knows how to cook! We did black Friday and Thanksgiving evening. I bought the last of the presents I needed, none of which were on sale and could have waited. We did have fun, though. Annie will be here until June.
She and I discovered a game for our iPods called "My Horse" which has filled our need for cleaning up horsy doo and taking care of real horses the past couple of days,LOL.

We'll be off to Virginia in an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:56 pm

sounds like you had a great time at your sisters I hope everyone else had a great time and got stuffed with good food,good company,and good weather, it has been so plesent here highs in the low 70's, and lows in the 50's great sleeping weather with windows open,
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 am

Well Good Morning all you OLD FOOPS. I finally have a minute to look everyone up and let you know that I am still alive and kicking Smile . Christmas season is fast approaching and I am in the ususal panic mode, I get it done every year but it is stressful (if I let it).

How have you all been? ARK I see you are in KY for Thanksgiving, thats great. You must be feeling much better.

Nothing new around here, Jack is still away hunting, think he will be home this Friday, that ends my vacation Mad

The Girls are fine, Allison went back to upgrade her English and do her 12 Math (that she could never get) and is going wonderful, high marks and very positive outlook. She is working in her father's business office three days a week or more, has all summer and will continue till next fall when she goes away to school. Working has taught her responsibility and I can see a BIG difference in her, she has grown up. All of her friends left for univ. and they have continued their party mode and are failing. This has also been an eye opener for her, you cant do that and expect to pass. At the cost of tuition, you are a fool to waste your $$$$ to just party. I don't expect them to sit with their hands folded on their laps but there is a limit. Erin is doing well and will finish this year, headed for Univ. for dentistry. She has always been focused so never did worry about her. Both are beautiful girls inside and out.

Time to get ready for church. I will look back in when I return. Have a birthday party to go to this afternoon. This is for a friend of mine who is turning 50 on the 28th. She has cancer and probably will not see Christmas. Sad times.
Later folks.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 pm

HI DONNA, it's wonderful to hear from you. I'm so excited your girls are doing so well. You're an inspiration to me each time I read of your success with them, particularly in these times when so many young girls are such a mess. Prayers for your friend for comfort and love through her journey.

I sure agree about the stress associated with the holiday season. I put our tree up on Friday and we are jus starting to get in the groove. Our family dinner was yesterday late afternoon accompanied by all the food we could eat. As usual, we have too many social commitments which seem hurried etc., but fun and filled with love from friends. The older we get, the more meanngful our small gatherings become.

Hope everyone is feeling the blessings of thanksgiving.

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm

It sounds as if Thanksgiving has been good to our FOOPS. Weather has been beautiful here. I did not do the Black Friday fiasco, but I did go out today and bought my(self) postman a Christmas present. I got a new mailbox! lol! The old one had been banged up past the point of fixing. Darn thing would spin around on its post. I bet the postman won't know what to do when he pulls up and doesn't have to spin it around until he can find the front to open the door. scratch

I found the time to work Tiberius today. He picked up right where we had left off so I added a new twist. He got to wear a western saddle instead of the English one. He wasn't so sure about that. He attempted to buck a couple of times. Pretty feeble attempts at that. At the end of our session I stood in the stirrup on both sides to give him something else to experience. Didn't actually get on him, we'll do the stirrup thing a couple more times first.
Back to top Go down
WV Witch

WV Witch

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Ha, ha, ha, I found you guys, course couldn't remember pw, so had to get it reset, and don't know how to reset it again to something I will remember. Glad to catch up with all of you at least a little. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Robin has changed employment and now works a Jim Hudson Auto Group in Columbia, and after many years at Carmax, Jim Hudson made her an offer she could not refuse. Noah turned 8 July 31 and he is still my true joy, and still haa his Gammy totally wrapped around his little finger. Oldest Grandson, Desmond is 15 and getting his learners permit! I cannot believe these years have flown so fast! I pushed my retirement date back to April 30th of 2013, want to make sure I am debt free. Very Happy I no longer have a horse, my sweet, sweet and smart Sparky passed away 3 months ago, Sad and I sure miss him. Don't know if I'll get another........ I'm transporting rescued dogs from kill shelters in my spare time and arranging adoptions when I can approve an adopter! Have actually thought about adopting an Congo Grey Parrot or a Quaker Parrot, but because they have naturally long, long live I want to get an older one. They are so smart, but the only rescues around (1 in GA and 1 in NC are both no goes because they won't adopt because I'm too far away! I'll keep trying though! Still have all my dogs, including Shadow, Lori has still not got a fence up, so Miss Shadow will stay with me until..........she is still a sweetheart and no problem whatsoever! Guess I'd better fix a little supper and get ready for work tomorrow........LY ((((((((ALL))))))) btw, 27 deg when I got up this morning
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Have my wife home! Last Tues she had a cancer op and brought her home Wed -----boy was that Hosp nice people!!!
Indy App---try that blmngtn hosp sometime, even the food is good---take my word for it.

Snoop are you a ball (basket) fan???? Check the NC- IU game tues 27th ???

I didn't mean for Indy to get sick-------Oh boy

Razz Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes confused confused
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Gene, it's good to hear that you have Virginia home again. We pray that all went well and she'll recover completely.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 am

Gene, gads, we didn't know Virginia was actually in the hospital. I'm certainly happy she is home, and hopefully, comfortable. Our prayers and hugs are here for you both....
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Gene & Virginia))))))))))))))))))))

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am

I forgot. HI ROSE. Thanks for catching us up..............Your dog fostering and adoption manager sounds such a perfect fit for you. I'm glad it's all going well for you. AND, April isn't that far off. Say a big "hi" to Robin and congratulate her on her new job.

This is for ELLEN & ROSE............what on earth was the fight over between Kush and Jeff Gordon? Who started it? All I heard was they were each fined $100K....................how do you get in a fish fight when you are seemingly in a race car?

Later gators.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next